The Essential Readers Group 16 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Twinsez
Group Admin

Another attempt at starting a group discussion. The titles self-explanatory. What are your favorite authors on this site and why? Any personal attachment to them, your favorite stories by them, etc. I’ll start with some of mine

shortskirtsandexplosions: My favorite author here without a doubt. Reading his stuff encouraged me to read more and more fanfiction so that’s a plus. .out.of.character. is a horror masterpiece, Refraction made me cry, and Hello Sedna has several incredible moments in it that makes it my favorite story of his. The fact that he’s also written Appledashery and Austraeoh seals the deal for me. Definitely check him out

Horse Voice- Horse Voice specializes in horror stories, and I love so much of his work. I Cast A Deadly Shadow has his best protagonist, The Writing On The Wall has Han incredibly well executed twist, and Biblical Monsters is such a powerful and thought provoking story in general. Check him out if you like good horror and tragedies

Cold in Gardez: While I’m rather new with his stuff, he’s already become one of my favorites already. Naked Singularity will always be hilarious, All The Mortal Remains is absolutely beautiful, and Lost Cities... Lost Cities is something else man. Definitely check him out.

So those are mine. What are your favorites?

My favorite is myself

Smakleapp
Group Admin

Shortskirts and darf. Both are great at conveying feelings and bringing messages across. Both in different ways. Very different ways...

Still those are my two faves

Aegis Shield --- TOP TIER WORK!

My top three are CategoricalGrant, Blazewing, and Admiral Biscuit.

I discovered CategoricalGrant through those second-person cuddling fics; they introduced me to reading second-person in general, which has now become one of my favorite things to read here.

Blazewing is the author of my #1 favorite Fimfiction story of all time: Affection Therapy. An absolute masterpiece of cuteness already, then it starts to have a larger, very interesting plot. Stories about physical affection are my top go-to, and I find this one to be the best out of those; no wonder it's at the top of my list.

Admiral Biscuit is, as his profile bio once said, the king of slice of life. And slice of life is one of my favorite genres. He also has does quite a bit of stories focused on background ponies. I've always thought the background ponies don't get nearly enough attention in the show.

So, you could essentially say that those three are my favorite because they do a lot of stories that happen to be my favorite types.

Twinsez
Group Admin

I’ve heard a lot about Aegis Shield. I’ll definitely check him out. If you have any stories to start with, I’d be happy to add them to my bookshelves.

I’ve definitely heard of Admiral Biscuit, though I don’t know where exactly to start. I haven’t heard of the other authors, so I’ll give them a follow and check out their stuff as well

:facehoof:

I think this is a good Admiral Biscuit story to start with:

EHigh Flight
Cherry Berry's first flight attempt
Admiral Biscuit · 1k words  ·  114  2 · 1.9k views

CategoricalGrant has a very large and wide-variety catalog; you'll definitely find plenty of selections outside of the second-person cuddling realm.

Blazewing is also the author of the famous story Living in Equestria.

I hope you'll like these authors! :twilightsmile:

Did I say something wrong?

Twinsez
Group Admin

Not really anything wrong. It's just that when I asked the question, I didn't really mean for anyone to pick themselves. You just kinda missed the point of the question is all. Besides, it was late and I was feeling grumpier than usual. So you're fine.

Twinsez
Group Admin

I checked out the Admiral Biscuit story and I really loved it. Instant favorite. Now I really do have to check out more of his stuff. And I'm sure I'll find a story I like by CategoricalGrant.

Living in Equestria seems really popular, but to be honest, HIE stories don't usually attract me. Still, I'll give it a shot before I knock it and see if I like it. It's only fair.

Thanks for the recs!

So My favorite piece by him is Return of Princess NightmareMoon unfortunately he stopped writing the third sequel but it's still a great read. This story is what kept me in the fandom for so long.

TThe Return of Princess Nightmare Moon
Nightmare Moon returns as a battered, half-starved alicorn and its up to everypony to help her. Meanwhile, Blueblood lusts after Twilight Sparkle.
Aegis Shield · 92k words  ·  3,261  123 · 42k views
Twinsez
Group Admin

Sounds great! I’ll add it to my read it soon bookshelf and get to it soon!

Awesome! You're welcome!

-this thread is old but I shall still respond to it-
I have two, I'm a big fan of B_25 as he was one of the first authors I ever read, and I personally just really like Spike stories.
My other favorite would have to be Some Leech I need not give a reason because if anyone has ever read a Some Leech story you know why I like them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15