Rare Story Prompts 81 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Greetings my good ladies and gentlemen one a fine late spring evening.

Following on from our successful first contest, it is my pleasure to present the logical follow up. Thus I am proud to present our second prompt:

Stallion on Earth

HiEs, as has already been established, are dirt, dirt common. Less common, but by no means rare, are PoE fics, which is to say, pony on Earth.

Almost all of these, however, feature mares. Which is hardly surprising, given the main characters of the show. Let us, then, give the chaps a chance.

As with last time, judging will be two people, A British Gentleman and BatwingCandlewaxxe. Again, the prize will be a review of any fic of the winner's choosing, to be written by A British Gentleman.

Four weeks will be allowed to write entries. Please read the rules thread, and post a link to your entry here, as a reply to this thread.

The contest Rules, so there is no confusion:

These are the general rules for the contests that shall be held by this group. These will be friendly contests with a good variety of fics welcome and encouraged; if you think you can get away with it, then you almost certainly can. If still in any doubt, feel free to ask.

-1-

In order to qualify, your story must not only feature the prompt, but have the subject of the prompt be featured in such a way that the story would no longer function without the prompt. In short, so long as the prompt is there and is a core element of the story, you’re good. Subversions of the prompt are allowed.

-2-

You must have linked your submission in the relevant contest thread, with a reply to the OP. Unpublished stories are fine, providing a link to the submitted story page on Fimfiction is on hand.

-3-

You may not have begun this story prior to reading the prompt.

-4-

Fics can be up to 20,000 words long!

-5-

Mature rated fics are not allowed.

If anyone has any questions, or requires clarification, please feel free to ask. Good luck, and enjoy your writing!

Contest will close at 9 am Eastern Time, on 19th June, 2018

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

It should be noted that this prompt was originally suggested by Noble Thought, on the Prompt suggestions thread. My thanks to him or her!

Okay, so, question. Is it okay of the primary premise is Stallion on Earth, but the plot also involves Mare on Earth as the reason for the stallion going to Earth? It's POV stallion the whole way, but the story is about rescuing a loved one from Earth after they get sent there by a nefarious villain.

I may participate this time! Just gotta put it together in time...

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Awesome! Best of luck.

Alas, I still have the last contest entry on my increasingly unwieldy to-do list, so I can't in good faith enter this contest. I so want to, though...

If nothing else, rest assured: as soon as I'm confident I can tackle another of these contests, I most certainly will. This is a group I want to see flourish.

It is so fitzing hard to write for a contest. >_>

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

It can be pretty tough. That's one reason why this prompt was written to be very open-ended. Best of luck!

I will probably leave mine unpublished. Will a direct link still let the judges access it?

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Will a direct link still let the judges access it?

That will be fine, yes.

Here's my story:

TMarathon
Butterscotch studies plants at Michigan State University. He likes plants, but he doesn't like the hustle and bustle of East Lansing.
Admiral Biscuit · 6.7k words  ·  136  7 · 2.2k views
A British Gentleman
Group Admin

Thanks a lot! I was starting to worry that there wouldn't be more entries.

I posted my submission to the folder hours before the deadline: Running

A British Gentleman
Group Admin

I spotted that, thanks. Don't worry, you're in the contest :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19