New Groups 559 members · 303 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Do you want to see certain groups being made, but you just don’t have the time to administrator them? Post your ideas for new groups in this thread, and they might get created for you (edit your comment with a link to the group if that happens).

Or do you, perhaps, want to own your own group, but are lacking a good idea for it? Scroll through the ideas in this thread and use any that catches your fancy.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Here, I’ll start:
- Learn your grammar! (grammar tutorials)
- Collection of fics that everypony should read (fandom's best)
- Free cover art (for artists that are starting out and looking for work)
- Fandom news (Idea taken. Group created.)
- I'll write this if you write that (some stories need to be made, but some authors just don’t trust themselves with some ideas)
- Review competition (whoever gives the best review for a given fic wins)
- Every day a new thread (for those that are tired of inactive groups)
- Writing challenges (mostly for flash fiction)
- I want you to rip my fic to shreds, chew it up, spit it out, take a dump on it and kill it with fire group (invitation for rage reviewers)
- MLP videos (keep up with the video production side of the fandom)
- Comment on my fic and I'll comment on yours
- MLP memes (Sometimes you just have to think inside a chimney) [3960194 will make this group]
- Drawing competition (the winner’s picture becomes a cover art of the story)
- FimFiction police (find violations and report them) [3780628 will make this group]
- Creators of MLP music (for collecting MLP songs) [Group made by 3782693]
- MLP Crusaders (post your story of how you converted a non-brony)
- Know your MLP (For those that think they know the show well enough. It's question time! Winner gets a cookie). [idea taken by 3844890]
- Mini writing games (ever tried to write a paragraph without the word the?)
- Linking page (every member gets a thread where he posts links to relevant things (stories, blogs, comments, reviews...))
- Profile extension thread (each member gets one thread to supplement their profile page.)
- Statistics (Members can copy paste number of users on the page at different times and other interesting statistics. Who knows, perhaps one day even the heat algorithm can be cracked.)
- New Featured stories (Members will post the stories that they currently see in the feature box, if you’re not sure if your fic was featured, this is the place to check it. Like New Groups, just with the featured stories. It’s a Feature box log) [this pipe idea was broken by 3781173]
- Review quotes (Sometimes its fun to read the review bloopers. Especially those that Equestria Daily used to provide.)
- World of synopsis (Post synopsis for improvement and self promotion.)
- Grammar police (Correct any grammatical mistake anywhere you find it and sign with the group’s name. You know you want to be a Grammar Nazi; with this group, you can be.) [group formed by 4947108]
- Review for review (you do me and I’ll do you)
- Edit mine and I’ll edit yours
- Youtube story reading exchange (make a reading of mine and I’ll make a reading of yours)
- Opinion group (for linking subjective/negative comments about the story you read that you aren’t comfortable posting in the story’s comment section.)
- Last minute edits (Get feedback just before release. Some editors prefer to edit stories that are already polished. The one receiving has to give 2 reviews in return. That’s what getting an instant editor costs.)
- Last minute art (when you just want something for your cover art; anything)
- One time editors (no back and forth, since editing the same story over and over again is boring for some)
- Editors anonymous (no pressure, no deadlines, just pure edits in linked stories in Google Docs)
- Rate my avatar (first impressions threads)
- Public 1vs1 discussion center (observers and voters welcome)
- Shit storm collection (threads for debating about a shit storm that occurred in some thread)
- Adopt or resurrect a group (There are many old and inactive groups. With proper care, they could come back to life.)
- Review bank (Review bank workings)
- New blogs (Not just from followers)
- New users (Let's welcome them)
- Fix for fix (As many mistakes as you find in my stories, I’ll find in your stories.)
- Tetrachromacy bronies (A group for people that have 4 base color light receptors instead of just 3 like most humans do. To these super-humans, normal people are color blind.)
- What's wrong with me? A group where everypony can get medical or psychological advice about his/her condition.
- Mediation If you can't find a common ground with somepony, you need a third party to set both of yous straight.
- Pimp my avatar Free Christmas hats and much more.
- Users' music playlist Want to know what music somepony listens to? Check out that users music playlist.
- Stocks, financial advices, savings and discussions about the economy Wanna know what the S&P 500 Index is going to be at the end of the year? Do you have some money and want to make more money out of it? In this group, you'll learn how and where to invest.
- Battle Royale Instead of taking things to PM, take it into the public arena. Disagreements will never be the same again.

Baasts fans unite! (Group for fans of Baast, Discords cat friend from ancient). Maybe I'll do it, if I stop being lazy...

Fimfiction police group idea is mine now! Mohahahaha!

trombrony98
Group Admin

3780599 They have a sitewide bookshelf for featured stories, actually. Sorry to burst your bubble.

3780598 LPS: Pets are Magic Group for crossovers involving the new Littlest Pet Shop Cartoon, and for Bronies who are also fans of the series. A similar group already exisits.

Did You Know? A group for random trivia of any sort, be it voice acting, video games, televsion, movies, or other media.

Improving Friendship is Magic A place for rewriters or alternative endings of episodes of the show that address the problems of said episodes, and correct them.

The DHX Staff Support Group This is a way for fans to show their support for the creative team behind FiM, and politely suggest ways in which they can improve.

The Pie Family A group for fics that show Pinkie's (and Maud's) family in a positive light.

The Dark Side: We have cookies A collection of fics where one or more main characters temporarily or permanetly become evil, either through corruption or free will.

I'm making an improved ending of Owl's Well.

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

The League of Legends: Where the most respected of authors and recognizable of personalities can mingle and do... legend-y type stuff, I guess?

The Good Ol' Days: Where users can sit back with a stiff drink and a pipe, put their slippers by the log fire and think fondly on the best episodes of MLP of the yesteryear.

The Backrub Emporium: For those who just want a backrub.

I make a tribute group to a group listed here. I get listed here. Needless to say, I popped myself.

there should be a group for stories that reference/use/were inspired by any form of mythology and it could have different folder for different cultures
also, a YA book group would be good (or maybe just a fan-girls in general group for popular tv shows and stuff) (already made)

I'l take know your MLP and officially created.

3780599 I'll make MLP memes in a bit.

Collection of fics that everypony should read

I have the same problem with this that I have with 'High Quality Mature Fiction'. There's already a robust mechanism on this site for searching for things by how much community approval they have.

Now, if somebody wanted to make a 'review club' type group where stories are posted along with commentary on what makes them worthy or something, that would probably be a better group.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4062256 Stories like Cupcakes or 120 Days of Blueblood don't get much approval, but if you want to be in line with the fandom, you should know them.

You can search by views for those.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4062362 But then you get overwhelmed by clop.

I agree with what you're saying. There is a good search system in place. However, I am of opinion that even greater structural fic placement can be achieved by a soul that is dedicated enough.

I should hope objective as well as dedicated, because that's my other major complaint. There are objective tools for checking how popular something is, and I don't think injecting subjective assessments of which fics are 'best' or 'most influential' will make the situation better. There's a terrible danger of someone using the group a a lever to promote their personal opinions of a collection of the greats, to the point where I'm glad when groups like that don't get any clout or popularity.

Unless, as I said, you're up front about the fact that it's an opinion/review based group, meant to focus around the personal taste of its administrators and users.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4062447 I'm all for objectivity, but the filters aren't all encompassing. Some fics are stated as example more often than others even if their popularity level is lower than some great clop story that nopony talks about.

I'm not saying we should replace the filters. I'm saying that they can be objectively complemented. I know it wouldn’t be easy, that’s why I’m not creating it. But I believe that time will give rise to somepony bigger than me. As foretold, she will be called The One and will create said group. :trollestia:

s1

Here some ideas for some groups:
-Deers fics (For stories about and/or involving the Deers from the MLP: FIM comics)
King Aspen:

Bramble:

Blackthorn:

-NakedAnthroVerse (Stories involving an alternative universe where the ponies are in anthro form but just like their canon-pony-counterpart they don't wear any clothes)
-The BGN art inspired stories (MLP stories that are inspired by artworks of BGN)
EdIt:
-Lady Tierk stories (For stories about the female version of Tirek)

Do you remember me, Bad Dragon? Well, you don't have to guess what. Also, I have several ideas for new groups. Here's a list:

1.TwilightXLyra
2.Carrot TopXApplejack
3.Golden HarvestXApplejack
4.Carrot Top
5.Golden Harvest
6.FluttershyXSea Swirl
7.Amethyst Star(Sparkler)XRainbow Dash(Dashie)
8.Pinkie PieXBonBon
9.SpikeXTootsie Flute
10.PipsqueakXDinky
11.FeatherweightXApple Bloom

That'll be all, until I come up with more shippings.

- Rate my avatar (first impressions threads)

I'm pretty sure the point of the group is for people to rate each other's avatars, and this in turn helps creates new first impressions from new accounts that are trying to make a nice avatar.

But I feel obligated to ask.

Is this what you had in mind instead - Just a regular first impressions group, but with the rate your avatar being a silly theme in the background?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

5588898 Indeed. An easy going group where you could do whatever you wanted, but mostly encouraged would be threads where everypony rates OP's avatar.

New group idea: A group for keeping tabs on "Totally not a hate group" hate groups like The Temple of Ogaudno, Overly Stupid Fimfiction, and Why. Reporting anyone that steps into "My eyes are bleeding, this is cancer, I want to drink bleach, kill yourself" territory, reporting groups that "Just happen" to summon large numbers of downvotes in short periods of time, and generally revoking the "It's just harsh criticism uwu" license they've gained from people that have Stockholm Syndrome'd themselves into being ok with blatant not-even-trying-to-hide-it hate groups that exist solely to attack young authors on this site.

I figured that there was already a group dedicated to building and featuring clopfics that focus on Spike, or at least has a chapter or 2 with spike having his own detailed sex scene.

But looking closer, i discovered that while there is a couple of groups focusing on Spike in a Harem, neither of them are actually focused on being clop/erotic stories, to the point where they are not marked as a "Mature" group, so I couldn't actually find any of them when I specifically looked up Spike groups that were tagged NSFW.

And a lot of the Spike groups that are NSFW either focus on a specific kind of character, or rare-pairs in general, or on a certain type of clop/fetish. I even made groups for Spike being Dominant, Submissive, and 2nd Person themed Spike Clops well before noticing this!

With this in mind, who thinks that there should be new a group for Spike-Clop or Sexy Spike Stories?

I'd be happy to make one myself, though it is unlikely I'll be able to monitor or moderate beyond checking notifications each 1-5 days, I would certainly try to make the layout as convenient and easy to use as possible. I'd add any story I find appropriate, however the stories added will probably be ones that are more obvious instead of ones you'd look at and discover that Spike has a prominent role in the erotic stuff part-way through. (I don't get enough time to keep up with the flow of fics on the site on my own x-x)

But at any rate, I would definitely like to get a group like this going! Because I know that whenever you search for clopfics with Spike, there's always a chance that even if he's in the character tags, he might not play the biggest role in the story.

It's not the best feeling when you look for Spike clops to find that he's only in the background as a plot devise for other characters to do the sexy things, and I'd like to create a means to avoid that experience, and where people can freely talk about lewd stuff with Spike, without much limit to a character theme or a certain style of clopfic.

And even if there isn't anyone who wants to step up to add stories which they found fitting for the group, or anyone to remove stories that don't actually feature him at all, if and when they are mistakenly added. I think it would be really cool to at least build a fine foundation for this idea, in case anyone with similar desires to myself want to build something off of this!

Feel free to post your ideas/opinions on this below! If you have any opinions on what would be the most convenient icon, banner, folder organization, name for the group, or methods of managing it, I'd like to hear it! :twilightsmile:

What if I opened up my personal story universes as groups?

'Cause if I did, there'd be:

Simulation-verse: Mostly a Pony-on-Earth (PoE) universe, deals with a simulated Equestria as well as any other world you'd like to add. Equestria in this universe, save for a handful of characters, has no idea that it's nothing but a simulation, and roughly half the population is a collection of simulated Artificial Intelligence entities, while the other half are actual people that willingly entered the simulation as a character of either their choosing or creation. Most of the non-AI population has since forgotten completely about their past lives, but once again, a few characters every now and then may remember bits and pieces, or their entire former life outside of the simulations. This universe would be highly expandable given the fact that there's more than just the Pony-Me simulation in existence.

Lab Horse universe: Not exactly complete in any way considering the low amount of worldbuilding, but it'd be interesting to work with. Where it stands at the moment, it's both a HiE (Human in Equestria) and PoE universe, with characters able to cross over both ways. As of the last update of the namesake series that this universe would be based on, a late-adolescence descendant of Celestia has returned to Equestria after visiting Earth, wanting to exchange Equestrian magitech with Earth's technology. Luna never returned to Equestria, and is rumored to have long-since died, with her descendants and followers forming the Lunar Republic, a rival nation to Equestria that regularly attempts to invade.

Absurdiverse/The Ultimate Insanity Anthology: Just like it's name, it's an absurdly diverse mish-mash of my most of my comedy stories, linked by my What If? Story. This wouldn't be so much as a story universe as it would just be a place to dump the most random of randomness. (And technically, the group already exists for this as well.)

I Think I Summoned a Ponk universe: Has some parallels to Canterlot High and the EqG universe, but focuses more on Anon spelunking through life after accidentally managing to somehow summon Pinkie Pie to Earth. Besides that, it has close ties to The Ultimate Insanity Anthology group linked above.

Optionally, if I were to create story universes based off of past cancelled stories, there'd be...

Spacebound Equestria-verse: An edgy little place based squarely off of space travel and Sombra taking over Equestria.

Equestria Forever-verse: Literally Equestrian propaganda in the form of a post-apocalyptic PoE story.

The Wielder of the Orb-verse: Fantasy/SciFi cringe compilation in story form, basically. I'd advise avoiding it.

Wielder of the Orb: Of Magic and Ponies...verse Basically a prototype of the above. Contains even more cringe.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

In light of the recent death of a popular FIMfiction author, I recommend that a group be formed where members can express their wishes in case they die. Sort of like a public will for users.

Edit: Also, since dead people get banned from this site, it would be nice if there was a memorial group where each dead author would get a thread where people could pay their respects, give opinions and so on.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

- New users (Let's welcome them)

Link or it didn't happen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33