Maud Pie is Best Pony 890 members · 314 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Soooooooooo, in the largest Maud Pie group on Fimfiction, following an episode which has her in the title, is about her, and gives her some awesome character development, the level of response is... absolute diddly squat. Well, okay, JumbledThought wrote a story and posted a thread, which is great, but still... it seems clear that there ain't nobody here interested no more.

I think this is a reflection on the decline of Fimfiction groups and the activity of the fandom as a whole, but still, it's such a shame. Maud is such a great and unique character. And now all the love's gone.

You made her sad.

Bah, you're just not looking in the right places.

I like her, but I don't watch the show: All I know of her is what I've read on the MLP: FiM Wiki.

Speaking of which, I'll have to read it again at some point to update what I know due to the new episode.

The biggest Maud Pie group on Fimfiction is not the right place for discussion of a Maud Pie episode?

Well, I'm currently in the middle of a story which heavily features Maud. (I gotta get to writing a new chapter soon! :twilightoops:)

But, I do get what you mean. The love of Maud seems to be wearing off. Though, she is still personally one of my favorite little horses. Every episode she's in gets me to laugh. Plus, she's one of the most entertaining characters to write, in my opinion.

Maud will always have love in this fandom, even if it's only a little bit. Never fear. :scootangel:

I'd like to point out it hasn't been that long since the episode came out, and not author can spew a new chapter out daily. (like this guy
5152848 :trollestia:)

I posted a story featuring her the day before the episode came out.

It's not my fault, honest.

Well, I haven't seen the episode yet. Besides that I tend to have my pony discussions irl. If you'd like, I'll try to have online discussions more.

I already did my part for Maud months ago.

The next time I write a Pie family story it'll be about Limestone :pinkiecrazy:

But at the same time not everybody watches episodes the day of release. I know a lot of episodes last season I just waited the several months before it released on Netflix to watch.

5152870 It's not about the stories; I know people will write stories about Maud after the episode, and that's great. It's just that it feels like there's no more excitement here any more. I mean, a new Maud episode! That's an exciting thing, right? A couple of years ago I'm sure people would have at least talked about the episode a little.

It's not my fault

oh ho ho you thought you could sneak a rock pun past me but I'm onto you

5152918 Nobody should be forced to discuss anything. But the fact that nobody did discuss it means that nobody's really interested any more. Or, that I'm too impatient. But I bet it's the former.

5153045 maybe they are taking the maud approach and not showing their excitement? :derpytongue2:

5152843 Yeah...I hate that the fandom doesn't do much with Maud. Though I will admit she's not easy to write though...

I released a fic sometime ago that featured Maud as a minor character. I don't think I added it to the group due to her small part and single line. :twilightoops:

5153051 You might just not be following the right individuals. Groups are great for general discussion and I saw a good deal of excitement on an individual basis. This could just mean less group posting or the people who usually post threads on these things had something else going on. There're numerous other explanations. It could even be that less people feel like posting these days or that more are involved in multiple fandoms and/or don't have the time they used to. I was still very hype for this episode and watched it as soon as I could (3pm since I got work that day) but I just didn't post anything. I only do group posts when I have something nobody else seems to have asked or talked about that I want to talk about. Otherwise I just respond to comments. I'd already seen some stuff regarding Maud and the episode (a certain Maud x Rarity ship topic to name a specific example) so I just left comments in places like that. I also express my excitement by watching blind commentaries and a lot of reactors still love Maud. :twilightsmile:

I'm working on it! Mind you, still need to see the episode...and I suck at ever being on forums, not so much my interest. Prefer chat over skype personally. But I should have another Mauxie out shortly. : P

5153051 Or maybe people are simply thinking about, writing stories about, and talking irl about Maud.

I'm sure that they are, but the point is that love for Maud seems to be dead on Fimfiction. Really I'm just bemoaning the lack of activity in Fimfiction groups.

Ah. Well, all I can say is, "Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best."
Something has to happen eventually.

5152843 Personally, I just think she's hard to write as a character for me....

As a very flatly-expressed character, it can be quite hard for a writer to get into her head and figure out what she wants and how she works.

5152843 I don't know, I still love Maud and I bet so do a lot of people here. She's a lot of fun to write! But I'm not one to be super active on the forums and I don't know what I should even talk about. I mean, yay, great episode! Happy they did that. People made threads about it when it came out, I've seen discussions about Maud sense and the possiblity of Maud/Rarity shipping and such. All there. As for stories, I have a Maud Pie fanfiction from last year, and I don't see a particular reason to force myself into writing another one just because a new episode is out? I mean that's just me, I'm sure there's follow-up stories being written as I type and that's cool and all but, frankly, I just really don't care too much. I have enough stories to write that I'm very excited about for a few years at the very least.

Also consider this poem:

Love is like a rock. It's solid like a rock. It doesn't fade away. Like a rock doesn't fade away. But a rock also doesn't need to say anything. You may know it's there or not, but it's there. It's a rock.

This episode had some awesome development for Maud (and was all-round awesome for that matter). :pinkiehappy:

My only complaint is the unsubtle commentary during the exchange - Maud's calm insistence was totally scary, and it would've been enough to just have her quietly repeat it three times, then pouch-pony, visibly shaken, agrees to return the cannon. Instead Rarity interrupts with "fire in her eyes" (which, you know, isn't even there; that's why she's so scary) and pouch-pony completely breaks down. Too much "tell, don't show".

But other than that, I loved it.

My only complaint is the unsubtle commentary during the exchange

Yes, this is precisely my only problem with the episode. :) I don't feel like the audience needed that spelt out to them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25