Free Twilight Sparkle! 1,226 members · 5,212 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47

Why is the group called Free Twilight Sparkle? Is she locked in a dungeon and needs to be saved? Are people offering Twilight plushies for no charge?

Someone help me solve this conundrum before it's too late! :twilightoops:

4938054 It's because the other Twilight Sparkle group has a submissions box, so getting actually into that group leaves you trapped.

It's because we give away a Free Twilight Sparkle with every purchase of equal or greater value.

4938056 I suspected something along those lines.

4938072 Can I have one? :twilightblush:

She comes in three unique flavours:

Earth.

Unicorn.

Alicorn.

As a bonus introductory offer, you'll also be entered into a prize draw to receive a Rainbow Twilight Sparkle.

4938088 B-but I wanted pegasus! I love Skylight Sparkle. :twilightangry2:

4938096 I want all the Twilights, can I get all of them?

They're expensive and difficult to care for. They need a big library to skulk around in, as well as the occasional adventure just to get the blood pumping. Think you can handle the responsibility?

4938135 I didn't know this! Where am I going to find a library? No one goes to libraries anymore!

Don't worry, we've got you covered.

Twilight Sparkles thrive in libraries, so we have two great choices.

The Golden Oaks is our most popular model:

But some prefer the Rainbow Friendship Castle:

4938088 Do you have a model that comes with a saddle?

Supplies are limited of this model.

JetstreamGW
Group Admin

4938051 It's because back when we started this group, the regular "Twilight Sparkle" group had draconian submission policies and was basically super unfriendly. The primary active mod at the time was not a nice person. He even maintained a public ban list for people who "submitted wrong" as if that was somehow less effort than just fixing the issues.

So we created Free Twilight Sparkle as a space for people who were tired of that shit. It's not an issue anymore, but we see no reason to drop the group.

And thus do I fix a submission issue every couple of days :P Y'know, now that the trolls that were deliberately mis-submitting things are gone.

4938225 What a story. :rainbowlaugh:

4938211 I'll take a Golden Oaks please. :twilightsmile:

I'll take one.

We'll read together (if she's okay with that) and maybe snuggle.

Excellent choice. Expect your Twilight Sparkle (Pegasus Version) and Golden Oaks to arrive within six-to-eight weeks.

Twilight Sparkles love to read. And snuggle.

Can generic Twilight Sparkles use magic? I'm starting to wonder if I should have asked for a pegasus version. Yes, already. Just to make it more complicated, I'm also worried that hornless Twilight Sparkles might go crazy from lack of ability to use magic; is that something they do?

Given that her special talent is magic, lack of ability to perform magic may either result in an XK-class End of the World Scenario or Twilight becoming a stage magician. Thus you'll have to buy Trixie because stage magician Twilight without a company may start smashing doors with axes.

Only unicorn, alicorn and rainbow alicorn versions of Twilight Sparkle can use magic. Earth versions have super-strength, and pegasus versions are able to fly. Twilight Sparkles have been noted to react adversely to an inability to solve friendship problems, but these instances are rare.

4938135 Well, I havent had a pet die in 3 days and the libary is only about 3 mins away, I think I could pull it off.

A Twilight Sparkle is for life, not just for three days. :trixieshiftleft:

4938505 But, but i can practice, I can learn :(

I hope so.

Twilight Sparkle owners have a sacred duty.

4938514 But if Twilights like to learn, wouldnt me learning things make her happy?

It's about the magic of learning together.

What if her life is just three days?

Just to expand a little on "It's not an issue any more", that admin left fimfiction, which left the only active admin of the Twilight Sparkle group as Twilight-the-Pony. This was back in the Twilight's Library days, so he recruited me, Elric of Melnipony, arcum42, and Sir Truffles as admins, demoting everypony else that was an admin as inactive. He reinstated Valvatorez, but later demoted them again.

There's still a whole submission thing, but the sorting's done by the admins, or mostly Twilight-the-Pony, really, so it's friendlier, an' I started a thread of Twilight pictures over there that has a lot of good ones. arcum42 redid the banner, icon, and front page and things around that time to make everything feel friendlier, too. The ban list is long gone.

There's room for multiple fan groups for Twilight, or most characters, really, though.

--Sweetie Belle

Jondor
Group Admin

Yes, once a certain person and his sock puppet were banned from the site, the original group became a much better place.

It might not surprise you to know that several of the new admins didn't like how that group used to be run either. In fact, I think at least one of 'em had previously left the group, and rejoined to help out.

You know, I was looking back at the picture thread, and it has the old banner in it. That was a lot less friendly then the current one.

The submission folder's getting a little backed up, tho'. Maybe I should see if Twilight-The-Pony needs some help with it.

--Sweetie Belle

Jondor
Group Admin

I imagine that takes a bit of upkeep. Good luck with it. :twilightsmile:

Luck has nothing to do with it.

~Twi

Jondor
Group Admin

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

I have the library:

Source

How many Twilights can I get?

You should see how you cope with ONE Twilight first. :rainbowwild:

arcum42
Group Contributor

Believe me, running a library for Twilight is more trouble then it's worth.

I did it for years. I should know.

--arcum42

I miss that place. :pinkiesad2:

4942459 Obviously you let the Twilight run the library anyway. Otherwise she'll just complain about how you're "doing it wrong" and begin sorting all the books herself.

arcum42
Group Contributor

I do too, to an extent, but not enough to put myself through it again. I thought about taking it back to its roots as a place where I stick stories I liked, but I've got other places I can do that now, and I don't really want to mix things in that aren't to the same standards that the group used to go by.

I wasn't about to delete the group or anything like that, though. As far as I'm concerned, people can still go there, read things out of the accumulated library that's still there, and discuss whatever they want. I'm just not adding anything new.

--arcum42

Jondor
Group Admin

I've had enough of your shitposting. You can take a long holiday.

Nothing to see here, just another aspect of Twilight Sparkle.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47