Twily's library 272 members · 545 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41
Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

I've expected not to make this thread so soon after creating the group. I knew that it'd have to be done eventually, but...

Rejecting:
- Kimono (Tries to) Buy a Kimono
- A Day at Home
- Separated by Penguin
- Best Day Ever
- Guessing the Groom
- Call of the Meese
- Let It Not Snow
- Pinkie's New Year's Eve Party
- The Prankster
- In Which Minuette Becomes Crazy
- Helping Hooves
None of these have anything to do with foals.

Also rejecting Leaving Everything Behind for not having any text

Continuing on; Losing Loyalty is rejected for poor grammar. Now again; This doesn't have anywhere near Twilight's Library level of requirements, but it does require some readability. It's not good, if the sentence structure and numberless typos stop you from skimming the story.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Pinkie's New Year's Eve Party mentions CMC.

That doesn't cut it.

~Twi

I thought I already deleted my stories.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

this was posted before my cleanup session c:

~Twi

I deleted my stories before you posted this. Unless it didn't save.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

No, no, no... I had the folder opened from way before... From about the time that Elric posted his comment. I just copied & pasted the titles.

~Twi

Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Apr 13th, 2014

2543604 For some reason, Leaving Everything Behind became unpublished, but I republished it now so I hope the text is visible. My apologies.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Rejecting Fallen Angels
Reason: Foalcon. This was already discussed in Twilight's Library, and standards for that is even higher than there.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Rejecting I'm Not a Mare
Quoting guidelines:

This is foal-centric group! Any submissions not centering around them will be rejected.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Rejecting Tentative Pet Pony
Not a foal-centric story.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Rejecting No Man's Land
I can't read this. I know that this isn't Twilight's Library, but please make your story at least somewhat readable. Rather than a story, this felt like "Here. Have some words."

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Rejecting Ab Initio-From the Start-Al Principio.
Not a foal story. Treating a grown up as a foal doesn't make it a foal story.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not letting in Being Reformed
Reason: Well

This is foal-centric group! Any submissions not centering around them will be rejected.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not letting in Knowledge is crinkly.
One: No care towards the filly's names. Apple Bloom is Applebloom, Sweetie Belle is Sweetie Blle at least one time.
Also, with the warning on the main description, this could fit under the "mature situations" folder. But the quality of the story is nowhere near the required level to pass.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not approving Elements of Unity
Not a foal-centric story.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

I've thought long and hard about these, but here goes:
Not accepting Streaming, Unintended!, Prisoners of Equestria: and Silly Filly - From Beyond the Everfree
The main reason for not accepting any of these is that they're conceptually broken stories, with grammatical and spelling barely passing readable levels. Ideas behind the stories are very interesting, but it's the lack of characterization and / or world building that breaks the story.

Again; Twily's Library doesn't have as high standards as Twilight's Library, but I can't pass these stories in...

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not letting in Once A Crusader at this time.
Reason: Applebloom. Please name fillies properly.

While you're at it, you might look into punctuation errors as well:

"It'll be so much fun.," Silver Spoon said smiling.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting I Can't Remember
Not a foal-centered story.

~Twi

Uhu? What's the problem exactly?

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

The second is that I want to give foals the respect they deserve. First and foremost: Getting their names right is important. That means that Apple Bloom isn't Applebloom, Sweetie Belle isn't Sweetiebelle or Sweetie Bell and those alike.

This is from the guidelines.

~Twi

Okay. Even if it's basically spelled liek that everywhere, it's not like I can't fix that...

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

I prefer these to be cleaned BEFORE they end up in here, not after. And while you're at it, you might also want to look at the punctuation thingies, since they reach the level of distraction...

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting The Hardest Letter to Write at this time.

The story has nothing to do with foals.
~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting Skullgirls at this time.
Main reason is that the name of the foals are written wrong. Apple Bloom isn't Apple bloom and Sweetie Belle isn't Sweetie belle, either.

There are also tons of punctuation errors to the level of distraction, so...
~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting The Viral Video Voyagers
Reason:

"Sounds boring" snorted Scootaloo, "we should do something fun like video games! We can post the game footage, and our reactions too! It'll be like two videos for the price of one."

"Hmm" said Sweetie Belle, "I want to do something easier, like write a song parody."

"I thought writin' songs was 't in yer wheelhouse" pointed out Applebloom

Where are all the punctuation markers? And um... Who is Applebloom?

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting A Delicious Marshmallow draws near! Command?
Sweetie Belle is roasted and eaten because she's a marshmallow.

Get it? Geeeeeeedid? Wasn't this joke old like years ago?

It seems that this story was written because why the f:fluttershbad: not. This rejection also follows it.

~Twi

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Um, yeah, sorry, if I'd seen that one there, I'd already have rejected it . I remember reading that. It goes right along with Sweetie Brick an' Sweetie Blow. Don't know why anyponied write these things...

--Sweetie Belle

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

It goes right along with Sweetie Brick an' Sweetie Blow.

I remember those. And not too fondly for that matter...

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting Affections Touching Across Time
This isn't a story about foals. Oddly enough; I'm three chapters in and I'm not really sure what's really going on and who is supposed to be a child in there...

In any case, this is a group that focuses on foals, and vast majority of what I could read was nothing but conversation between adults... I think...

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting Pictures And Fashion Go Down South (clop because clop)
What is this even doing here? This is a mature story and has nothing to do with foals.

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Sweet Celestia!
Removing The Worlds End, Lunar Domination, A Nightmare Come To Life.

None of those are stories about foals. :facehoof:

~Twi

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Not accepting Sister My Sister.
Not accepting this story because of two things: First of, there are several occasions of Sweetie Belle written as Sweetie Bell, which draws this imagery inside of my head:

Also, there are tons of comma errors, including, but not limited to this one:

"Let's go make some breakfast Rarity." Sweetie Belle chimed.

I think I'll pass on the breakfast Rarity, thanks.

Commas. They're important sometimes.
~Twi

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Um, there were also sentence fragments:

When she used her magic to open the door, the little unicorn jumped as she heard another loud crash. Followed by a laugh that made her shiver with fear.

As the filly was on the last step, she peered around the dull room. Trying to find the culprit.

In this sentence, it should've been filly or unicorn, an' gulped, not gulp:

The filly unicorn gulp and started to walk down the stairs.

There's capitalization issues with dialogue, too:

"What is your name?" The unicorn asked.

Apostrophes are Spelling is important, too.

"Were is Nightmare Rarity?" The unicorn called out to no pony in particular.

They sure like the word "unicorn", too. I was kinda trying to remember how much in the way of grammar problems were allowed, 'cause I know we aren't as picky as Twilight's Library here...

--Sweetie Belle
Edit: That's not a missing apostrophe, it's a missing h! It was one of three errors in the sentence. I must have gotten mixed up. *sigh*

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

I was kinda trying to remember how much in the way of grammar problems were allowed, 'cause I know we aren't as picky as Twilight's Library here...

I'm trying to pass the stories that are at least somewhat readable, although I'm looking into leveling up the standards... I'm trying to pass the stories with fragments you pointed out, however, trying to convince my OCD to ignore those is getting harder with each story...

Twilight's Library does strange things to me and my standards...
~Twi

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I think the trouble here was there were so many of them. If there were only problems every so often, it wouldn't be as bad, but they just kinda pile all up on top of each other...

--Sweetie Belle

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

... I know.

I think I will up the standards, anyways. I just need to figure out what needs tightening...

~Twi

Sweetie Belle chimed.

Sorry, but those words next to that picture... I almost wish the author misspelled her name intentionally.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Spiked Wheels is on hiatus, an' the spelling and grammar needs work. I saw a few character names being misspelled, and, well...

After a hour and half of more lessons, the recess bell rang in all its glory, deconcentrating the pupils intent in studying the topic of the lesson at hand, awakening the ones that went into trance due to boredom, and interrupting the conversations of some Others that just didn't care.

I'm not sure I really know what 'deconcentrating the pupils intent' means...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Stalking My Target isn't about fillies or colts, so the characters are too old, even if they are technically in high school.

Also, the short description (not the long one) isn't filly friendly, and makes me wonder if this shouldn't have been marked Mature.

Sorry, rejected...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41