Anti-Depression Ponies 1,884 members · 2,414 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

So, for the past year, one of our Admins, unparchedbutter has not been around.

Today, Parchy would have turned 31, the keyword is would as it turns out he had passed away back in late January in his sleep after being admitted to the ICU. I didn't hear about this until I received a birthday notification on Skype and facebook tonight, and found out from a good friend of mine that he passed earlier this year.

Needless to say I was shocked to find out, and it's sad to hear. However, he managed to pass with supportive friends and family near him. Throughout 2015 I talked with him and a few of my friends on Skype through group video calls, and I remember him being a lover of classical music and playing the bassoon. We talked about a lot of things, laughed, and helped one another with our personal troubles. We all cared for each other.

Wherever he is now in the afterlife, I hope he is at peace. I'll miss you.

-Lady Froey

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Rest in peace, Allen. You were a good man, and a great friend. Thirty is too goddamn young.

We miss you, buddy.

He was one of the first people who was actually nice to me, here on this site... :applecry:

SirRage
Group Admin

Parchy had a real drive, and a desire to help people. He would put others before himself, and spent a lot of time here making this little community of ours a better place for everyone.

It saddens me greatly to learn of his passing, he was a great person, and a good friend. He will be sorely missed.

DH7

5327876 Jesus fucking Christ, this is coming as a real shock to me. There was a period of time that I was away from this site, and I never heard of this. I was around while he was posting updates on his medical problems, but I always assumed that he was was going to get better.

I'm thirty-one, just a half year older than what he would have been today.

Edit-Perhaps this should be pinned for a while. There are probably at least a few users who knew him, but aren't on Fimfiction all that often.

Also, stupid qeustion, but is there any chance that his profile may eventually be taken down? I'm guessing that this isn't something to worry about, but I feel that his stories and blogs should be saved if need be.

I didn't know unparched as well as others in here; I did speak to him, but I wasn't anywhere near as close to him as some here were. That said, it's obvious to me that he had a real, positive impact on the lives of many people here in ADP, which is to say nothing of his life outside FiMFiction. I think that's about the best any of us can hope to accomplish in life, really; to have improved it for someone else. Try to find some solace in that.

Nevertheless, he will be missed. I only wish he could have seen just how much everyone in his life appreciated him.

5327876 Oh my...
such a real shocking and sad news...:ajsleepy:
he seemed to be a great guy and one of good Admins in this group.
anyway Rest in Peace.

Man, that's a real shame.

I never talked to him myself, but from what I saw he always tried to be there for each other, and was in general a nice person. I can tell just from this thread that he'll be missed greatly.

Uwaaah.
Parchy. :fluttercry:

Damn it. He was such a sweetheart. Always tried to help me out in my lows. Always tried to help everyone out, in fact.

I know he was having serious medical problems, but I didn't think they were this bad. In a morbid-as-fuck way, I do hope it was the medical issues and not the bipolarness. So I can have the hope that he didn't go down tearing himself to bits. Which I might have been able to help a bit with, in turn, if I'd been around. :ajsleepy:

After #TriggeredGate, I more or less dropped off the face of FiM and Skype, I figured he was just off with all of you guys, doing his sweetie thang, and being awesome. Feel hideous for not even noticing he'd been gone, since I dropped off the virtual Earth.

That's some of the worst news I've heard in quite awhile, he was an excellent guy and I enjoyed quite a few conversations with him. Seems that all the good people of this world seem to leave us way to early, I know that I'll miss him greatly.

Why did it have to be him out of everyone who died. He was a genuinely great guy and like everyone else in this group is saying, it's pretty saddening to see another great person pass. If we had only realized how serious those medical issues were sooner we could have at least all supported him in his final days.

DH7

5328073 I don't think there's really anything anyone could have said or done that would have been any better.

Wow.:.umm this is...shocking to say the least

I won't make some great attempt to eulogize him...but he was one of the most helpful people on this group...I can't remember specifics but I know he helped me out once or twice...I feel confident in saying he will be missed

5327876 I never knew this person, nor did I hear about him until now. But from what everyone is saying I know he was a great person. Those that are willing to properly help others in need these days are few, and to know that a person like this passed at such a young age is heartbreaking. With the good he has done here and in life, I am sure he is resting peacefully in heaven.

Rest in peace, and know that all of your actions here are deeply appreciated

I saw him on the forums a fair amount, but I never really interacted with him much. Still, it's truly awful to hear, and surprising even though I remember him talking about his health problems a lot. I suppose it is human nature to want to forget about our own mortality.

At least he lived well, and died peacefully. That is more than many can say.

5327876 Damn. He was a good guy. RIP

5327876 RIP, I wish I could have known him better :heart:

5327883 *hugs* I'm here for ya sis if you need to talk

I've been here for a while but I never heard of him. He sounded like a great person though. I wish I got to meet him. I try to make sure people go on smiling but I always seem to fail. I guess the only way I can live up to him is by trying as hard as I can to make people smile. I love to help people, but I know that I will not always be around. So while I still live I will try to help those in need to live up to this guy's Legacy. That's what we need to do, that's how we should remember him. He might be gone but his legacy lives on. All we have to do is try to finish what he started. If I ever got to meet him I bet I'd like him. My surrogate sister like him and if he was nice to her then I will try to live up to his name. Maybe we should all try to live up to his name, so he never really dies. As when we forget about someone after they pass, that is when they truly die. He made a mark on a lot of people, so let's make sure he truly Never Dies.

~Melody Shadow

5327876 I've been away, but re-joined just to say this.

Lady Froey was kind enough to tell me the news. I loved Parchy--I mean, within the limits of not knowing someone outside of FiMFiction. I think someone of it was shared experience of bipolar disorder. If you don't have it, you have no idea how much it kicks your ass. It wasn't always easy for him, running this forum. And we also shared that love of classical music. I'd been wondering and worrying about him for months.

Thank you so much, Lady Froey, for letting me know.

5328022 I know. He was such a sweetheart and protected me from some creepy stuff a few years back. He was kind even when it was hard for him.

5327876 I have been feeling somewhat devastated since I read this. Parchy helped me through some rough times. I really don't know what to say about it. :applejackunsure:

5327876 Parchy died? Oh my God. I literally had no idea.

I don't even know what to say. He was such a good person. Even when I was at my worst in this group, he was always calm and fair, and always willing to give people a chance. Even me. I feel like I can't even put into words how this makes me feel.

You all knew Parchy a lot better than I did, though, and I'm sorry. He was a good man, and a good member, just from what I've seen. But you all know more of his accomplishments here than me, so you all deserve to mourn him more than I do. My deepest condolences.

Goodbye, Parchy. I wish I'd gotten the chance to say thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24