Anti-Depression Ponies 1,884 members · 2,414 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

Seeing as how this is a website for stories about candy-colored ponies, I think it's safe to say we're all probably fans of animation. I know, personally, a feel-good animated flick is usually just what the doctor ordered when I'm feeling down (that or a pony-binge:pinkiehappy:). With that in mind, what are this group's favorite animated movies?

I just watched Lilo and Stitch (I know, very late to the party), and it hit me right in the feels. If you haven't seen it, it's a heartfelt (if a little odd) story about belonging, and it's great. Trailer, if you're interested:

So yeah... if you're so inclined, use this thread to promote your favorite animated movie (preferably of the warm-fuzzy feelings variety). :yay:

Not really animated, but be honst: is there anything better?

5021923 Honestly not a huge fan on animated movies and stuff. I am not sure if any animated film can make it into my overall top 20 movies (animated or not). Still, here are a few that highly enjoyed:

Spirited Away
How to Train your Dragon
Sherk 1 and 2
Alladin
K-On! the movie
The disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Honourable mention: most of the pre Flashpoint Paradox DC comics animated movies.

5021923 Finding Nemo
The Land Before Time
The Jungle Book
The Fox and The Hound

5021966 How To Train Your Dragon is my favorite animated movie, period. And, in my mind, animated and live-action movies are pretty much two different kinds of experiences--meaning it's hard for me to compare one to the other, apples and oranges, y'know?

5022026 Seen all those, and enjoyed 'em (with the possible exception of Fox and the Hound; not that it's bad, just not for me).

5021923 I'll go with Howls moving castle

Castle in the sky

I would have to say Lilo and Stitch.

Mmmmh... my favorite kid-friendly animated movie would be Finding Nemo, I think. There are many contenders, but Finding Nemo makes the race. The story in and of itself isn't even that good, but it's perfectly executed, the characters are likeable, the jokes all work perfectly and are surprisingly deep, and the animation and soundtrack are absolutely gorgeous.
The Lion King is a close contender, but it doesn't make the cut because I really don't like the political implications. Whenever I watch this movie, I can't help but root for the hyenas. Also, I find Timon and Pumbaa really annoying.

My favorite adult animated movie would be the German movie Felidae. It has gruesome murder, an intriguing mystery, a lot of surprise twists and weird and interesting characters, and anatomically correct cat sex on screen. What more do you need? :pinkiecrazy: An uncensored English dub can be seen on Youtube, by the way. I think it requires age verification though. Also, the German original is better. Helge Schneider as Isajah is hilarious in all the right ways. Also, huh... Francis in the English dub is voiced by Cary Elwes. Didn't even know that. I really like Elwes, but I think I prefer Ulrich Tukur as Francis.

This is both not taking anime into account, by the way.

First five that come to mind:
- Beauty and the Beast
- Ghost in the Shell (1995 film)
- The Incredibles
- Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks
- Inside Out

An underrated animated film that comes to mind is Titan A.E. It's cheesy and has a billion flaws, but Don Bluth films still have a certain charm to them.

The Iron Giant
The Lion King
Lilo and Stitch and Finding Nemo were awesome. Would like to avoid mentioning movies that others have, but I just can't help it with these two.

Has anyone noticed that the mole-rats from Fallout 3 look a little like Stitch? Specifically from Fallout 3. The ones in Fallout 4 look more like actual mole-rats.

Ghost in the Shell (1995 film)

I don't like any of the movies and I'm not a fan of Arise, but I hugely adore Stand Alone Complex. Trying to get my little brother into it.

5022026 Finding Nemo and the Fox and The Hound are pretty dope.

5021923 My top ten, number 1 being my all-time favorite:
1. Spirited Away
2. Land Before Time
3. The Lion King
4. Finding Nemo
5. Kiki's Delivery Service
6. Aladdin
7. Toy Story 1-3
8. Princess Mononoke
9. The Incredibles
10. Madagascar

5022074 okay this is good

Aww.. I'm sorta jealous. I don't pass that much time finding those, and recall few links.

There She Is, if that counts. Sorta a classic.

I also loved "You Are Umasou". Not sure where the full is apart dailymotion though. It's about a carnivore dinosaur raised by herbivore ones. Excellent family friendly tale. Nicely spun story. Original not in English, but whatever. Subtitles.

Found it mentioned in someone's blogpost somewhere on Fimfiction. Mentioned by another one, apparently.

I know, very late to the party

Yeah 14 years late to be exact. :rainbowlaugh: All teasing aside though it's true that many of are indeed fans of animation. So here are some of my favorite animated movies.

My Little Pony the Movie

Transformers The Movie (the original animated version)

The Last Unicorn

Tangled (that one was really funny)

Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks

Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods (freaking hysterical)

Princess Mononoke

The Yu-Gi-Oh! movie

And the animated Lord of the Rings movies plus the animated Hobbit movie.

5021923 big hero 6 up home shrek and ice age all 4 oh and hotel transyvena

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24