Human in Equestria 16,830 members · 16,987 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Tibbles #1 · May 20th, 2013 · · 1 ·

Unicorn horns are not made of bone or muscle, instead they're based on keratin, the stuff fingernails and toenails are made of. Because of this, humans can conjure spells and magic blasts. Due to this, if anyone has a story were humans are already in Equestria, humans have created a martial art where you are taught to protect yourself from magical assault by ducking, rolling, flipping, and rebounding it back.

Discord modefied the caves underneath Canterlot to be his home. Now all the stalagmite soda straw formations are actual soda straws.

Teenage dragons have an adolescent period that is twice as weird for them as teenage years is for us. Female dragons are even worse.

Opalescence was a literal princess that died and reincarnated into a cat. (Thank you meme-asaurus.)

Ponies believe that when they die, they reincarnate (which IS true for them).

Princess Luna has an alter ego goth side named New Moon.

Spike never gets wings.

We first came in contact with ponies due to a mishap with one of STARSWIRL'S failed spells, opening a portal in the middle of when Genghis Khan was conquering Asia. Since he rode on horses, shenanigans ensued.

Have fun with these!

Edit: use these to your advantage in stories. I especially like the first one. And yes, the goth side is NOT Nightmare Moon.

I like them apart for the last few.

1 - Is that why human mages always have crazy hair when casting spells?

Princess Luna has an alter ego goth side named New Moon.

IT'S ALL OGRE

So basically are nails are what give us powers in their world? I don't know whether to be grossed out, or ecstatic at the idea.

1009955it's also what hair is made of so...

Excuse me while I go grow my fingernails :moustache:

1009941 hah. Reference to science and magic.

The world of the ponies is America after the nuclear apocalypse. Magic is simply the result of the psychic phenomena surrounding the atomization of hell, heaven, and purgatory.

That ruins mare on mare horn teasing for me...

Pony naming schemes:
Pegasi: Surname, first name
Mud: After a common theme
Master race: Whatever sounds pretty (preferably with similar meaning or theme of direct parents)

Ba-dum-tsh

>whut if mlp and 2033 are same universe

They're also the same universe as S.T.A.L.K.E.R., since the psychic stuff is caused in reality by the changing of the world's noosphere by the simultaneous death of the world.

Fanfiction...coming...into...being...

Opalescence was a literal princess that died and reincarnated into a cat.

You got this one from the Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine.

Opalescence was a literal princess that died and reincarnated into a cat.

Been done in "The Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine" 2 chapters of it in fact

With mostly Russia being hit by Murica's nukes, eastern Europe is still a thing. Brave explorers, dubbed STALKERS, have been venturing closer and closer into Russian territory. Western Europe was hit by Russia's nukes.

The US was also hit by the nukes but, unfortunately, they did not have such an extensive underground system as the Russians and did not have as much warning as them either. With American civilization mostly wiped out, this led to new creatures taking up the American continents. The four-legged quadripeds began their age from the ashes of the old. Hundreds of years later, they created the country of Equestria.

But in that time, the Russian tunnel-dwellers, helped by the discovery of D6, eventually refound some of their former glory. With a rebuilt navy, they seek to discover what has become of their former allies...

The problem is that we have literally everything in the Metro universe mapped out, all the way to Britain. Muricuh? Muricuh is undiscovered country, which makes it ripe for the picking and fuck give me a minute nad I'll make a GDOC

My head cannon is that alicorns are weaker than any other ponies, despite longevity, and they just use the illusion of raising the sun/moon to stay in power. Thus the need of guards, EoH, and other secrets. It makes sense when you think about it.

Only problem with this is that this suggests that all ponies should be able to do magic, since hair is made of keratin. And their bodies are covered in it. I think their horns are made of a substance more similar to bone than hair, although it is still different from horn.

1009959 so that means I could finally go super saiyan, right?:rainbowlaugh:
You should also take into account that keratin also makes up hooves, claws, and even feathers.
So I guess if my first statement is true, the pegasi feathers could even glow gold/yellow.:rainbowkiss:

But all ponies do have magic. They just use it in different ways.

1010070. All ponies use magic, however. Earth ponies use it from their hooves to till soils a lot better since they don't have any larger outlet. Pegasus use it to fly from their wings. Unicorns just have a shape much better suited to channelling it.

1010023. Exactly. I forgot to add that, one moment.

1010014. Yes, I fixed that.

The keratin as conduit for magic thing is something I've had in my head for a long time too, though in my headcanon pony keratin is specialized for the task and regular old Earthly stuff won't do. It's not just unicorn horns though - ponies can emit magic through their hooves too (explaining how they can seem "magnetic" sometimes - it's a contact-range telekinetic effect), as well as pegasus feathers.

I've also considered the notion that pony eyes also serve a role their magic system, possibly as the organs that accumulate magical energy from their surroundings. This would explain why they're disproportionately large despite ponies being diurnal, and also explains the occasional instance of glowing eyes when ponies are making very powerful magical exertions. It also gives an excuse for why cockatrice abilities work the way they do.

VX

Unicorn horns are not made of bone or muscle, instead they're based on keratin, the stuff fingernails and toenails are made of. Because of this, humans can conjure spells and magic blasts.

Never cutting my nails again! :rainbowlaugh:

1009931 My headcanon for magic has always been similar to yours, except the horn connects directly to the brain, and magic is little more than a natural telekinesis.

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

1009931 I imagine that Unicorn horns are a specialized structures, not just a hunk of keratin. What you are saying is that keratin is the "magic material", and that anything with them can cast magic.

Well, I've heard it said that Earth ponies are capable of extreme feats of magic, it's just that they need a way of channeling it: Crystals. The Crystal Empire is made up of earth ponies, but its clear they have some serious magic. Earth Pony Magic requires preparation and learning, as well as time to grow the right crystals (Rock Farms explained), and can be incredibly potent (Crystal heart keeps evil at bay and even changes the climate) When the crystal empire disappeared, the secrets were lost to time, but now they are reemerging.
Crystal earth ponies separated from Equestria to avoid the unbalanced social structure that left unicorns and pegasi at the top, and earth ponies as the lower class. It worked until Sombra (a unicorn) wrecked it. Read Nyx's Family for more information and hilarity

FUCK YOU!

And thanks for adding to my headcannon. :moustache:

A quick question: Has everyone moved away from multiple dimension theories? Because if ponies really did run a post apocalyptic US, while it explains the names, it doesn't explain the shady physics that as far as I'm concerned make the show so damn funny. I need a boffin to help me on this, but there a certain sub-particles that are connected somehow, so that even over infinite distance they will react to the motions of their counterpart particle. A friend came up with the idea for an intergalactic radio based on this principle.

In the multiverse (oooh, big woooord) the universe with bipeds and the similar but immensely different one with quadrupeds run in tandem, almost like binary realities. Big enough that they come into contact with each other. When they do, the fabric of the two universes, usually within their own separate realities, cross. this is especially important when it comes to magical radiation, which is why the beings of immense magical ability become known to us, at least in part. likewise, bursts of our creative energy may leak across the link and affect them. That way, our two completely different cultures have been sharing information without ever coming into contact until My Story :derpytongue2:

Actually, if anyone can fix the derp moments in my explanation, it would be much appreciated

1009955 *conjures a stink demon with his toenails*

After TULLODS, it's hard to look at Opolescence the same way again

SPOT ON LAD!

That's a brilliant way of looking at it that just filled in a multitude of gaps XD

Well done!

Hyper cubes and higher planes.

four dimensional creatures have greater power than three dimensional simply by size+Range of movement+speed that the new definition brings.

Demons could exist, etc.

If you really want me to explain how it would be (semi)* scientifically possible to have magic, demons, gods etc. PM me.

* I only say semi because while I believe I comprehend the subject, there may be something which I was not taught that grants it as an impossibility.

Magic is a word used for science we do not yet understand! Supernormalperson! Away *Wooshing sounds*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37