Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,763 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

I imagine she would of studied the art of war shortly after coming to the human world. I also imagine a judo style of actual combat.

I am picturing her in Cammy's Alpha outfit now, for some reason.

Sunset was, of course, a vigorous student in the venerable Warm Glow's famous 'Light It On Fire Until It Dies' magic dojo.

Unfortunately, being a hornless bipedal primate doesn't much allow her to use her Charcoal Black Belt skills. So nowadays she just wanders around with a zippo lighter and a can of flammable hair spray.

The only style that would appropriately match Sunset's awesomeness is The One Finger Death Punch. Flying Crane style if you want to be specific.

Yup I can see that! Or C. Viper.

"Rainbow, kick its ass!"

"I'm on it!" :rainbowdetermined2:

Alternatively, she could use her famous Sledgehammer no Jutsu on everything.

As a human, I imagine Sunset can utilize her pyrokinetics through her seraph and demon forms, each also possessing respective light and dark based abilities.

But as a headcanon? She uses pins from TWEWY :rainbowlaugh:

Giving her nature of the first movie, i say she'd have been a street fighter... using whatever dirty means necessary, and what ever she could get her hands on to turn into a weapon to win and survive.

for the second movie, i'd have to say martial arts with some bojutsu

The first move she'd do when the fight starts is while running towards her oppenent is when almost in CQC range she would quickly squat down, and as soon as her enemy would get "on top" she erupts from her squating position and fiercely grabs them, ruining her opponent's momentum and giving her the first upper hand in battle.

Sunset Shimmer is -or at least, seem's like she is supposed to be- somewhat genre-savey, at least in my view of things. With that in mind, I believe she probably knows how to defend herself; whether she knows an actual "official" fighting style is another thing entirely (because how would she learn one?) is debatable, particularly pre-Reformation.

(Post-, I can see her maybe going to martial arts stuff with Rainbow or Rarity).

...But I kind of figure that at her earliest opportunity, Sunset got herself a handgun or a knife to go with her badgirl image, and uses that to solve her problems. :pinkiecrazy:

Growing up around the Royal Guard, and her mother of course, she was taught real fighting aka Fighting Dirty. They happen to believe that fighting like it was a dual between gentleponies is for pansies. She knows how to uses most of the weapons in the ERG arsenal but she prefers to use her natural aptitude in magic to form hard-light blades (mostly axes and long knives).

On the human side of the Mirror she still follows this philosophy and uses less flashy martial arts. She does admit that she isn't the best fighter in the world and tries to end battles quickly with minimal damage to herself.

Well I guess I could plug my story here. It's relevant so why the heck not :D

In it I have her use whatever the situation seemed fit. Usual street fighting to a more disciplined martial arts... When things got sticky there's magic.

4571615 When all you have is a hammer...

She is Celestia's former student, after all...

:twilightoops:

4571408 I have always figured she would either be a swordsman or a blade user.

Sunset Shimmer remains a character about power, a fight is going to last two shots from her at most.
She's going to chuck a lot in the first, then everything she has at the second, and if that doesn't work she'll be spent.

Sunset Shimmer would be a short, light, teenage girl with zero hand-to-hand experience. And enough brains to know that she should never get into a physical scrap. It's like asking a surgeon to go streetfight.

As a pony, all bets are off. Her power and knowledge likely hovers around Unicorn Twilight's, and she has less moral inhibitions when she is righteously angered.

she is a keyblade user. obviously. Sorry, MLP Time Loops has sunset initially looping into Kingdom Hearts. It is the only acceptable for me to see her fight now.

As a unicorn, I imagine she would fight the same way Twilight (and, I believe most unicorns) tend to fight: With a strategic combo of beam spells, teleportation and shields.

As a human, I dunno, she doesn't seem like the type to get physical. Also, she's only had her human body for about four years. Not really enough time to go all Bruce Lee.

In one story, I was thinking about given her an enchanted sword, except it mainly functioned as a sort of magic wand allowing her to cast magic even as a human.

Incidentally, anyone else notice Sunset is really freaking strong?

I mean, I'm a pretty big guy but I sure couldn't swing a sledgehammer around like that. :rainbowderp:

Albi
Group Contributor

unlocked

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26