Sunset Shimmer 4,934 members · 6,779 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51

Sunset finally got what she wanted! :pinkiehappy:

Twilicorn? Nope!

Shimmercorn? Gimme!

Given how much her development mirrors Twilight (no pun intended) it wouldn't surprise me if she could pull off an ascension eventually. Celestia probably picked her for a good reason, after all.

3760180 She's so happy! :fluttercry: That's tears of joy.

That would be a sight to see, make it so writers! :pinkiehappy:

That is so awesome, but what would she be the Princess of?

Trixiecorn?

Now we're cooking with gas!

How about redemption?

3760211 The princess of shimmers, of course.:derpytongue2:

3760211 Yeah, that's what I thought of too. :rainbowhuh: What would she be the princess of?

3760232 I like the idea of her being the Princess of Redemption, she could help pony's who have done bad thing redeem themselves in the eyes of others.

3760271 That's a a very promising and plausible idea.

3760174 i dream of this everyday

Albi
Group Contributor

3760174 That's my girl.

3760285 Aww cute avatar! :rainbowkiss:

3760211 Maybe this is a universe where Sunset Shimmer changed her ways before she ran away, and thus, instead of traveling through the magic mirror, she remained Celestia's student, and became the Princess of Friendship. It's just a possibility.

3760225 The mirrorverse opened up a lot of doors, but I'm pretty sure Alicorn Trixie will eventually become a thing in the Lunaverse.

Albi
Group Contributor

3760287 Thank you!

I've been playing around with the idea that her thing is "balance" (mostly because of her cutie mark) but that's not strictly speaking a virtue.

She might represent Justice, as in "the moderation or mean between selfishness and selflessness." After all, in the first movie she was driven by desire to be the center of attention, and in the second she was so remorseful she didn't dare step into the spotlight until the very end. So, you could say she had to find a balance between the two before she could take her place as one of the heroes.

Well, my hope is that this effect in the movie was some purposeful foreshadowing, and not just animation glitz (just before her ears appear). None of the other girls have this effect, and when I saw it in the theater, my immediate thought was "wings". ;) It's also part of what gave me the initial thought for the artwork in my avatar here.

http://i.gyazo.com/433d1fd9e7c465e9999dd45fe97d81ac.png

Here's a good 'reformed' 6
Sunset Shimmer- Element of Forgiveness (Twilight Sparkle)
Lightning Dust- Element of Support (Rainbow Dash)
Trixie Lulamoon- Element of Equality (Fluttershy)
Suri Polomare- Element of Grant (Rarity)
Coco Pommel- Element of Contribution (Applejack, thought not really 'evil' i ran out of options)
Sonata Dusk- Element of Asset (Pinkie Pie, lol i didn't even see the new EG movie yet)

Too bad Sonata breaks the "two of each" format. (Two unicorns, two pegasi, two earth ponies.) We need more pegasus antagonists.

Though it would be kinda randomly funny to have team of five ponies and one seahorse-dragon monster.

Or we could add a changeling. Have three normal ponies and have three others, inlcuding a Unicorn who is a pioneer. Lol

3760365 I'm glad you didn't have Coco take Fluttershy's place. You would not believe how many people wanted Coco to replace Fluttershy when "Rarity Takes Manehattan" first aired.

3760296 Actually, RainbowDoubleDash (the founder and main author of the 'verse) is against putting Trixie in the same path as Twilight, but that's another discussion for another time.

3760174 And I'll fully support her ascension.:twilightsmile:

3761732 I thought that was kind of the Lunaverse's intent. To be a mirror of the original show, but with fan favorite characters replacing the mane six, and the more popular Princess Luna replacing Princess Celestia.

3761739 Maybe in his first fic (Boast Busted), but after that he (and other authors) took a different route.

Of compassion, I think.

Actually, if I ever wanted to make another elements, I would go with elements of passions. While exact set may vary, here is an example set(with example characters)

Love (Chrysalis, pegasus Cadance)
Pride (Gilda, Lightning Dust)
Curiosity (Dr. Caballeron, Photo Finish)
Defiance (Iron Will, Rainbow Dash)
Compassion (Derpy, Fluttershy)
Fury (Sunset)

Sonata could go as an element of Creativity (though she should have elements of a tinker as well as a singer to work as a good member of a team)

3761966 I just wanted to make an "All-Pony" counter part 6. Sonata could actually use music to 'heal' instead of "manipulating" if she was aloud to still sing.
3761309 Oh and to you, no problem:twilightsmile:. (though Trixie would probably be a good Element counter-part cause' in the real series, she's always being rude and boastful.):trixieshiftright:

3762025 Supposedly, her profession makes it a little hard to tell what is just boasting for the sake of attracting a crowd, and what she actually believes is true. That's part of the reason why "Boast Busters" didn't turn very well, they tried to categorize Trixie as an antagonist, but they failed to show that she actually behaved in a way that classified her as such. If Trixie was suppose to be the "villan" then what would she stand to gain by admitting she told a fib, and revealing that she wasn't as powerful as she claimed to be? "Magic Duel" didn't help, because it was hard to tell what Trixie was actually doing of her own accord, and what she did simply because of the alicorn amulet's influence.

Compared to Gilda, who yelled at Fluttershy just for bumping into her, and Lightning Dust, who was willing to hurt others just to prove her suppority, the worst Trixie ever did may not have been something she would've done on her own. The only thing that hints at arrogance, is that even off stage Trixie refers to herself in the third person.

The problem is, while 'fix fics', with reformed characters may look interesting, they are mostly second grade, as they lack creative spark. In addition, 'reformation' essentially rids characters of their definite traits. This is why I dislike 'reformed' Discord, and even more various fics about 'reformed' Sunset, Trixi, Lightning Dust and others. I prefer approach, that leaves characters' personalities mostly untouched, but slightly twists their motivations/views, making them 'good guy' or at least 'our evil guys', and most their 'evil' behaviors completely justified.

3762421 im not that smart anyway

3762421 And again, I'm incredibly smart with coming up with ideas, but I'm incredibly dumb with making details.

I always thought Princess of 'Passion', because passion (like fire) can both help and harm a person, so one must find balance with their passions. But Princess of 'redemption' sounds nice too.:twilightsmile:

Hail to the Princess, Sunset Shimmer!:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::raritystarry::yay:

Hmm, that's an interesting possibility. I have some stories like that in mind, too.:duck:

As I have already pointed out elsewhere, the whole problem is that it's tricky to tell what Sunset's primary character traits are supposed to be, which also makes it hard to tell what her most prominent virtue or role is. Not sure I like redemption, anyway - it's not strictly speaking a virtue, and it's not exactly a quality associated with friendship either.

For that matter, being a Princess of Equestria seems to have more to do with your duty or role in society than it does your personal talents. (Except in cases where they are both the same, as with Cadence.) If you just became the princess of whatever fit your best, Twilight would have been declared the Princess of Magic the moment she turned into an alicorn. But instead she's the Princess of Friendship because promoting and protecting friendship is sorta her job now, and what she's been preparing for ever since she moved to Ponyville.

Yeah, that is true.:twilightsheepish:

:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::yay::twilightsmile:
*HUGS*
Sorry, just had to do that.

I'd she ruled over a nation I wonder what she would call it. The Sunset Empire sounds nice.

Albi
Group Contributor

3764000 The Land of the Falling Sun, perhaps?

That's a good name! How about The Kingdom of the Descending Sun?

Albi
Group Contributor

3764029 More or less what I just said, but still works.

Albi
Group Contributor

3766030 Yes! All hail Fire Lord Sunset!

Wouldn't it technically be 'Fire Lady Sunset'?:rainbowhuh:
My Avatar-knowledge is limited, so I might be wrong here.:twilightsheepish:
But Anyhow- YES! Hail Sunset!:rainbowdetermined2:
Now depending on what point in history of the Avatar-verse, and which version of Sunset we're dealing with...we could have some very interesting/terrifying results. :trixieshiftright:
Has anyone done an Avatar crossover fic (with Sunset) yet? If not, somebody should get on it.:duck:

Albi
Group Contributor

3766497 I think it's Fire Lord no matter the gender.

And there has been an Avatar crossover, but I do not know if it had Sunset in it.

I see.:moustache:
Fire Lord Sunset it is then!:trollestia:

Okay.

"All was peaceful in Equestria, until the Fire Nation of Sunset Shimmer attacked!"

Albi
Group Contributor

3766587 Only the Elements of Harmony could stop her, but when the world needed them most... they vanished!

And so it was up to Luna to find the reincarnated bearers of the Elements and...Oops! Wrong crossover.:pinkiegasp::trollestia::derpytongue2:

The Princess of Power!!

I like the way you think! :rainbowdetermined2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51