Humans are Superior 4,460 members · 1,250 stories
Comments ( 201 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 201

Only HAS Old Guard members can apply for this, eh.

So, most of you guys know that I'm currently making some shitty comics for us to jerk off to, eh. Currently I'm simply making some comic shorts and ripping text from other sources for me to use, but although I do plan to create another comic series that is story oriented for HAS after everyone in the Old Guard starred in the comic shorts atleast once, eh. Though it really depends if people here wants another comic series after I finish the comic shorts, but it also depends IF I'm willing to break my hands at producing more than what is currently planned, eh.

Now, I really want to finish the current comic series and get as much of the Old Guard in them, but I don't know what any of you guys wish to look like in the comics, eh. So, before I continue pushing these out of my womb I simply request that to whoever wants to be in my comics to post a picture(s?) below of how you want your character to look like, eh. Now, I'm not going to draw heavily detailed or complicated characters seeing how my fingers, wrist, elbow and shoulder gets sore after spending a few hours creating a comic, eh.

Hell, while we're at this we could possibly discuss on how you want to be in the comics, but let's keep the comics short as I rather not die from drawing too much shit, eh.

---------------------------

Currently working on Red's comic... It's thrice longer than the previous comics, eh. It's going to take a while to draw and color it... I'm going to die, eh.

I even promised myself that I'm going to take a break, eh... MS Paint is such a pain and using a Mouse makes everything worse for me, eh... :fluttershyouch:

Except the trench coat is white, and my hair looks like Leon S. Kennedy's

ClassyGeneral
Group Contributor

Oh Pat. I feel so sorry for you, because samurai armor is complicated as fuck to draw...

If that's too much, well, I've got this as well...

If you need anymore images to help you (since apparently Shingen never fucking stood up from his seat when wearing his amor) you can just ask, I've got plenty of others that you can use.

4033941 Does this old wolf get his saga shown or have I simply passed into memory dear sister.

You have to be Old Guard m8

for us to jerk off to, eh.

Needs more clop then.

As for my character, hmm, something along the lines of a British WWI era Captain.

Like Captain Cromie.

(With brown hair and brown eyes. The shoulder epaulettes are gold coloured lace, like typical of epaulettes.)

And since that's black and white, here's some colour pictures as to how it looks.

If the medals are too much detail you can leave them out, or do very simplified versions.

(First medal in the group of 5 on the left side of the chest)

(Second medal.)

(Third medal.)

(Fourth medal.)

(Fifth medal)

(Centre most, the one where a necklace pendant would be.)

(The lone one on the right side of the chest.)

Hell, while we're at this we could possibly discuss on how you want to be in the comics

Romancing Octavia, what else? :moustache:

Zervziel
Group Admin

4033941 Oh interesting thread we have going here.....

Only HAS Old Guard can apply for this, eh.

Oh for fuck sake, enough with the Old Guard circle jerking! Seriously what is the point of a thread such as this if by default you're going to exclude everyone else, eh?

I'm just a Helghast like my avatar. If it's hard to draw, gas masked soldier will do.

Old guard has defined personalities and are easier to work with. Besides, she can't keep track of all, so she needs a filter.

Must... not...post...picture...of...dinosaur.

I think my animu self would be the glasses guy with no expressions and short cut dirty blonde/ brunette hair.

enough with the Old Guard circle jerking!

Are they capable of anything else?

Zervziel
Group Admin

4034350 Away with thee, old fag.

4034349 Or maybe it's more glorification for a clique.

4034335 Because this is the only place where all the members of the Old Guard will see it, rather than asking 20 or so people individually. Likewise she's limiting to Old Guard because we're all her friends and 20 people is already a lot to work with when drawing. Drawing well is a hell of a lot harder than writing, hence why such a limiting number. It's also the reason why you rarely see skilled artists giving out free requests to random people, instead they only give it to their friends, while giving paid commissions to the random people.

The fact is she's doing this out of her own accord, and it's already a hefty task to make around 20 individual comics from scratch. If she let anyone come in there'd be way too many apps to physically complete by a single artist, which would lead to a hell of a lot more bitching than outright saying she's only going to do a select few members.

Not really. How is Pat supposed to keep track of dozens of people she hardly knows?

4034356 You can't make me go away.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4034361 Then make a group dedicated to this sort of thing. The group banner could be a picture of a man staring up his own ass. This is just a thread dedicated to the select few of a number of HAS. Hell you could even name said group the HAS Old Guard/fags/lion tamers

No need to be grouchy that you've hardly been in this group and that Pat isn't going to draw someone she doesn't know.

4034381 Look. Put yourself in Pat's shoes. You have agreed, of your own free volition, to painstakingly draw a comic of your friends and colleagues in MS Paint of all programs. Now, you have to limit yourself. Drawing twenty people is tiring enough. You go on the internet to ask what your friends and colleagues want to look like. And then some asshole among a group of over a thousand decides to accuse you of wanking off to your friends, simply because you know them better.

Zervziel, You are making a fool of yourself, acting self-centered and piggish. If this wasn't restricted, there would be hundreds of people up Pat's ass right now trying to get into the comic. This is her comic, and you will stop whining about her choices. She's doing this without coercion, after all.

Cease and desist.

Comment posted by Saint Kelly deleted Feb 1st, 2015
Zervziel
Group Admin

4034387 Oh balls, I don't care about that. I just fucking hate cliques on the goddamn internet. Besides grouchy is my natural state.

4034372 Didn't actually mean it in that way, but whatever. My point is a little too obtuse to make much sense.

4034355 Don't know. Seen several people ask if they were Old Guard and get told they weren't so I'm guessing the Old Guard is basically the special person's club.

4034381 Then should group moderators make a new group dedicated just to moderators, since it is not uncommon for moderators to make a thread dedicated to discussing how to run the group in a common place where they're easily contacted, rather than trying to contact them all individually, then trying to get them all to move to said new group?

Either way, a thread's going to be the most efficient way of contacting all of us at once. Even if a new group were made she'd either have to make a thread here telling us to join the new group, or contact us all individually through one PM at a time telling us to join the new group.

That's a lot harder than making a thread, in which there is no cons against other than people such as yourself whom complain because something is focussed on a select few. Guess what? There's gonna be times where that happens, whether it be a moderator thread, or simply a thread that only appeals to the interest of certain members, not every thread is going to be about everyone.

4034419 The Old Guard are the original members of the group, having been around for around sixty to seventy weeks, and having been active enough to be recognized.

Only HAS Old Guard members can apply for this, eh.

:(

I just fucking hate cliques on the goddamn internet.

Right, we should also get rid of moderators, they're a clique, it's not like they haven't done something to be in that position, like being very good at judging the rules and how people interact with those rules.

Much like the Old Guard, whom have been in the group for a year or longer, been very active in the group, and have contributed a significant amount to the group.

(Not to mention even if we had our own separate group, we'd still be a clique, since we wouldn't allow others to join it without meeting the requirements.)

Zervziel
Group Admin

4034462 No, moderators are needed for groups to keep them inline. This Old Guard special persons group is basically dedicated to people who hit a button earlier than everyone else.

4034408 Oh lawdy.

4034441 I can understand that, but simply excluding everyone by default is fucking rude to the group as a whole. And as the artist, Patty Cake has the right to say "No fuck off" to anyone spamming for a comic and still focus on the Old Guard since they are the only ones (that he/she/it/banana knows of that has an established personality).

4033941 Meh, just use my profile pic.

This Old Guard special persons group is basically dedicated to people who hit a button earlier than everyone else.

That's why that's only 1 of three reasons right? Contribution and activity are just as important as having more experience with the group.

Not to mention experience alone is still a pretty defining factor for things. Why do you think some jobs only allow people with X amount of years of experience to work there?

The fact is the Old Guard are the most experienced with the HaS group, we've all contributed to the rules, regulations, and keeping new people from sitting there attacking anything that could be considered slightly misanthropic which would get the site mods to then tear into the group. (Hint hint, like the guy trying to call shit upon a story for how it described humans walking not too long ago.)

Not to mention that in most groups the moderators and such work in tandem with the most experienced (oldest) and active members of their group in a lot of things.

The only real way HaS is different is that we've created a named sub-group for those specific members, partly because of the massive difference in the way a lot of the newer members think and behave.

Now sure it's not all been good, as thanks to said new members oftenly doing things that are a no no, we've been giving a lot of shit and being hostile to all the new members. It wasn't always that way, for a while we had no problem with new members, but then we've gotten a wave of people whom we even consider too edgy. (And we're already edgy, so that takes an really high level of edge to do.)

No, moderators are needed for groups to keep them inline.

They're still a clique though, and you said you hated cliques, you didn't specify any non-counting parties.

I mean, lets say there was no Old Guard, at least in title, but all of us experienced members were still here/did the same things throughout our time here. Okay.

Then chances are Pat would still make this thread, and it'd still be selective, the only difference is that instead of saying "Old Guard" she would've said something like "my good friends here" or whatever.

But I'd bet a million bucks that even if the Old Guard didn't exist in name this thread would still be just as selective, because she's doing it for all her close friends in this group.

It just so happens that we're all in Old Guard, such as herself. She knows our personalities and thus makes it a lot easier for her to work with.

MS Paint is such a pain

I would suggest Paint.Net but I've heard Gimp is good to. Their both free as well.

I personally use Paint.Net.

MS Paint is such a pain and using a Mouse makes everything worse for me

use gimp, its better and has a shading feature.

I also don't like it either but I'm better off not pissing everyone off by attempting to destroy the illusion of elitism in this group.

Zervziel
Group Admin

Seriously, making a group about how Humans are Superior and then glorifying a subgroup because they've been around longer is beyond ironic.

4033941 You know what my request was.

4034484 And I suppose you have considered that telling all non-Old Guard members to "Fuck Off" would have the exact same result? You would still be screaming "elitism!" in the streets, because it would still be obvious that this is an Old Guard only thing. Look, let's face it, while you have the right to make a statement, it isn't your prerogative to tell Pat what to do. She isn't doing this at our behest, she's doing it because she wants to. Your thoughts on the matter are immaterial, and you are basically making an ass of yourself by immediately deciding that because you aren't eligible, we're being elitist. Things are how they are, and you are not making them easier for yourself. We explained our reasoning after you made your complaint, you explained your reasoning. It is done. You are only extending an issue that is going to be resolved the same way no matter what you do. Just stop, for the sake of all involved.

4034441 Aside from the one or two on the list that are at least 45 weeks old, but they're an exception to the rule due to being more active than most of the people on here.

Zervziel
Group Admin

4035305 Someone fails a reading comprehension. First up, I never asked to be in the comic nor do I give a damn about said comic. Not once did I did I tell the OP what they could or couldn't do. What I'm getting at is threads like this are basically about creating fan works of yourselves.

You are only extending an issue that is going to be resolved the same way no matter what you do. Just stop, for the sake of all involved.

Says the guy who's trying to get the last word in and thus extending it. Did you just not happen to notice I hadn't responded to the main topic in like 4 hours? But here's the last word on the issue: Marmalade.

4034034 Okay, I'll see what I can do for you, eh... Yaoi ◕3◕

4034044 Another Commissar, eh? Neat, eh.
Thanks, I may need that luck for I think my sanity is slipping again, eh...

4034058 I'm just gonna simplify the armor by taking some of the little details away, eh. :eeyup:

4034159 I know....

4034247 OH! Wolfy! I'll see what I can do AFTER I the Old Gaurd portion is done, eh. :scootangel:

4034297 Dammit! I already drawing you as a Paddle Steamer, eh. :raritydespair:
OoooOooh, I'm a fan of WW1 uniforms, eh. Romancing that xeno filth, eh?

4034349 Helghast? Simple enough, eh. Got it, eh.

4035104 Yeah, I already drew you, right?

4034352 Animu self? Glasses and has a bored expression, eh?... Thanks, you're a life saver, eh. That's simple enough that I won't have to break my hands for you, eh. :twilightsmile:

4034456 ;~;

4034493 So, basically Calvin Candie, eh? Cool.

4034535 4034887 I'll give those a peak, eh.

4034843 Again?

4034335 Huh, so that's where this is going, eh...

Shit, I said that I'm focusing on The Old Guard, eh. But why? Because they're my friends, and that their personalities can be used for characters, eh. I even said a quite a number of times in the past that I don't want to die making these, and that I'll be forced to keep this to a select few to make it easier for me and to avoid dozens of people spamming their shitty characters at me, eh.

Kek, I even said a couple times that once I finish getting all the Old Guard members in there I'll even add people outside of the Old Guard, but look who might not be getting a part in the comics now that they caused a ruckus here, eh. Same goes for anyone that complains over nothing, eh.

Zervziel
Group Admin

Kek, I even said a couple times that once I finish getting all the Old Guard members in there I'll even add people outside of the Old Guard, but look who's not getting a part in the comics now that they caused a ruckus here, eh.

Happy to lighten the load!

Holy- 20 comics for each and everyone in the Old Guard? Take as many breaks as you like Pat, you have my sympathy.

Well, since you're still working on Red's comic...
---
Head

Classic is my default appearance but you can draw any facial expression in that list and outside of it if you like. Honestly though, you have free rain with my yellowish face at this point.
---
Body

Yes I know, a hoodie... Very original. Still, I like to wear my hoodie when I'm at colder places in Malaysia.
---
Headgear

This may or may not be an issue but I always wear a baseball cap. Like, always.
---
Pants

Okay, this is a tough one. The camo itself might discourage you but you're confident in drawing these cammies plus the knee pads then go ahead. But if this is an issue for you...

You can draw these instead.

4035355 *Replies on this second post because is too lazy to scroll back up to original*

You already have my face, but I'm perfectly fine with appearing in only one frame/slide riding a tricycle while screaming something about beer, and slapping people with a wet fish, eh.

4035380 Heh, I love what you chose for your face, eh. :trollestia:

4035373 :duck:

I just don't express emotions so much in the real world, unless it's in the extremes.

4035383 Slapping people with a fish, eh?

4035390 Ah, well, anyways, again thanks for making my life easier, eh.

And I said animu cuz that's just what I've seen you do so far.

4035397 Doesn't hafta be a fish, but I'd be disappointed if you made me hold a dildo while riding dat too-small trike. One step at a time, eh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 201