Fimfiction Editorial 305 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Wanderer D
Group Admin

The time has come again!

Post the links to the blogs you'd like to see chosen, one comment per blog, and let the reading begin!

Dis one

Archonix is mai waifu

Obs: Why you shouldn't Flash Sentry

PS - Knighty, a minor bug makes the apostrophe in "shouldn't" delete the link text from that point on when I click on the chain icon and add the URL.

I guess I'll submit my guide to the Online Short Fiction markets then.

DuncanR needs more love in every aspect, but this is a fine place to start.

EDIT: Part 2

I have been meaning to try and get my blog post on here. I think I have cool things to say.

How about we learn about The Royal "We" and Ponies?

I've got an eight-part (so far) blog series on a xenofictional construction of ponies (treating them as actually not human) starting here.

I've written an essay on the relationship between character, setting and conflict that I'd like to submit. You can find it here.

I suggest Cloud Hop's How To: Write Concisely. It's a very quick and informative tutorial on conciseness, done in the style of Wonderer's "How To" blogs.

Conciseness is something I've seen numerous authors here have problems with, and I think this article could be of great help.

presentperfect's Best of Shit Pre-Readers Say 2013 will make you laugh, if you're a horrible person. And I know you are. :trixieshiftright:

I've done quite a few popular blog guides on various aspects of writing, but none were as heavily requested or as well received (yet) as this guide on character building.

Making Art versus Being An Artist (by me); an interpretation of one common problem I see in writing--the disconnect between making art and reacting to the art you've made, especially the fact that the two skills are distinct but still important to each other.

This blog describes the difference between tropes/clichés/stereotypes and the "problems" many have associated with them.

Here is my take on fame and the video that inspired me to write it

The series of magical essays continues with the question concerning the relationship between siblinghood and friendship, and the way how the topic is handled in the show's first episode.

The blog.

I posted a little thread about my blog because I was completely unaware of this thread. (I should probably delete it in the near future.) Anyway, it's my take on alicorn magic and how powerful it is. Some guy convinced me to put it up (a real laugh), but I honestly don't think my work's good enough for the whole site to see. So yeah, rip it apart.

Blog

I suppose there is an issue coming in the near future?

Any update on February. Or a place to list March's?

I know this is march,but since there isn't a post for that yet I'll just post it here. Post, it's mostly discussing Alicorns and the crystal empire. (Warning: Season 6 spoilers?)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23