Anthropomorphics 5,016 members · 7,654 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

Okay, so I am doing a rewrite of one of my stories, and am possibly thinking of making it anthro.

If I end up doing it, I need to know where the cutie marks would be located.

Any ideas?

I see no reason why they wouldn't be in the same spot.

Alright. But they are normally visible. Anthros wear clothes, so they would cover them up.

Maybe an extra one on the back of the hand? In addition to the normal ones?

On the neck/shoulder. At last, that's what I do. Except, it's on a human. But it can translate to anthro

How about on the shoulders?

I myself was thinking on the back of the hand.

Or just clothes designed to have them exposed. Or once Cutie Marks are acquired, they put them on their clothes too.

6996287 All good ideas.

Me, though?
I generally just put them on an article of their clothing or accessories.
Belt, shirt, pants; etc.
Or, as with Sunset Shimmer and the EqGirls, their skirts.

6996300 You know, I've actually seen that former version on MLP Anthro pics over on DA.

Can't remember the name of the artist off the top of my head atm, but if I run across them, I'll post a link to there page there here.

Well, they kind of look like #3 but wear clothes.

Um, a good example of what they look would be the cover art for Sage the Ero Harem Kami. Take a look.

The three ways I've generally seen it done is:

1. Above the shoulders (face, neck, etc.)
  2. On the side of the thigh just below the hip, and incorporated into clothing a la Equestria Girls.
  3. On the side of the thigh just below the hip, and don't worry about it because cutie marks don't really matter anyway I guess

Why not on the cheek? Like a beauty mark??

I was actually thinking that is for those who have to wear gloves in their profession. Like earth pony blacksmiths. Or if they have to wear gloves for an occasion or waeather purposes

That's a good suggestion. But my character will originally not have a cutie mark, and he's 18, so it's pretty much unheard of for ponies to not have their cutie marks by the time they grow up.

That's why I like the idea of cutie marks being on the hand as well as on the rump. Both are more easily covered.

Another option would be to give the anthro ponies an innate ability to change the location of their cutie mark on their bodies. It could open up many possibilities.

Yeah. I mean, that could be an option.

Thank you.

Also, I am currently writing a very rare pairing right now.

Spike x SlenderMare.

Why not check it out?

One of my favorite stories, Fireflies, had them on the upper arm for stallion's and thighs for mares. So you could probably have it be on arms for both in yours.

Alright. Thank you for telling me.

And im thankful for that

Thanks. Have a wonderful rest of your day!!

I would have cutie Mark's on the shoulders including the area on the back where the shoulder blades of the skeleton would be.

Alex Traveller of the Anthros of Harmony colab has her cutie mark on her shoulders.

I would say that they all appear in different areas. Most likely the back of he hand, base of the neck (think Joestar birthmark), on the shoulder, places like that. It would just differ based on the individual.

Tramp Stamp. Have everyone wear tank tops with midriff bare. Note: I'm on extreme pain killers right now. Fucked up Blaze speaks not for non-fucked up Blaze.

Have them be tattoos on a hand(front/back) or shoulder.

That is what im thinking on doing

I'm with option 2. Like so:

If not visibly incorporated into clothing, keep it here:

Or they leave a cutout on the hip where the Cutie Mark is/would be.

butt check and shoulder. butt would be more on the thigh

In my story, I had it on the males' shoulders and the females' lower abdomen, right at the waist line, while Celestia and Luna still had them on their thighs, making all that much of a big deal that the MC saw Celestia's sun.

Same with my story, the males have them on their shoulders and flank while the females have them on the back of their hands and flank as well.

I always thought if you had it on the thigh, it would go from something you'd share with others, to something intimate. it would like the difference between bikinis and underwear.

OK, you're making this more complicated than it really. Just leave the marks in the same spot. if you want to show off their marks just have it show off somewhere on their clothes. Problem solved and in the most common sense. :facehoof:

Look, when it comes to writing mlp anthro stories you should be more concerned with how you want to go about the story's plot or narrative. Stuff like cutie mark placement or whatever should second or last priority or just don't make it into a big deal.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43