The Collab Cage 651 members · 141 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48
Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Welcome all--friends, collabers, authors, creators.

It's time for the very first Round Robin! Now, I've explained how this works already, so you shouldn't, but if you do have questions, please PM an Admin. That's what we're here for.

So here's the scoop: I need twenty of you fine authors to sign up. Instead of doing a GDoc, however, just reply to this post in the thread below! Simply say you're signing up, the first twenty get the slots. Now, if you're beyond that first twenty, don't worry! You never know when someone might have to drop out, and then we'll add in people in order.

Now, I'm going to give the first author a secret prompt to get us started, but beyond that it's up to you guys. As mentioned before, each author will ONLY get the previous chapter. I ask you all to keep mum and don't spoil the nature of the game.

Now, you can't just write willy nilly--you must take the chapter you are given into account. Granted, you can take the story wherever you like, but it must make sense based upon the previous chapter. I'll reserve the right to deny if I feel it's deliberately trying to screw up the process or ignoring the previous chapter. As well, be aware of your position in the story. If you're in a later chapter, try and direct it to a close. Same to whoever gets the last slot--you must wrap the story up as best as you can.

When given the prompt or a chapter, you then have two weeks to write a 3-5K word chapter (a little over is fine, but try not to go under). If you don't get it in time, anything you've done is scrapped and the chapter you were given is given to the next author. Your name will be moved to the bottom of the list if you wish. You're allowed this one time.

We'll do this until we have twenty chapters! Oh, and I'll figure out how we'll title it at a later date.

A few rules:
- No Troll chapters, you'll be disqualified and maybe even Banned, as I have zero patience with this sort of thing.
- No gratuitous clop. Be aware that not everyone can/is willing to write this if you decide to include any steaminess.
- No gratuitous gore. Violence is fine, a little gore is OK, taking paragraphs to describe the blood and damage is not.

Edits: Please actually Reply to this comment, it keeps me updated quicker on when you've signed up. As well, no requesting spots. I suppose, until we get our twentieth sign up and the event begins, if you want to talk to the person who has the slot you'd like, you may talk to them about trading, then PM me about the switch. But otherwise, it's first come, first serve, sorry.

Edit2: Oh, and by all means, if you can get it done before two weeks are over, that's fantastic. I mean, come on--if EVERYONE took the full two weeks, that'd be FORTY weeks. Or ten months! Good lord, let's be faster than that.

Chapter Authors:
1) DreamWings
2) Gecko
3) Masterweaver
4) Admiral Biscuit
5) Mendoza
6) Midnight herald (Due August 4th)
7) Paleo Prints
8) ponikvar
9) Lapison
10) DarkPhoenix
11) Violet Lenoir
12) notMurphy
13) Schrodinger's Pony
14) Therizzen
15) Fresh Cookies
16) bunnish
17) ADRNEL
18) JJ GingerHooves
19) toastman

Failed Attempts:
X) Conicer (Due Feb 13th --Chapter too short)
X) CanterlotGuardian (Due Feb 28 --Didn't Finish)
X) Comet Burst (Due May 7th --No Reply)
X) aKaPinkiePie (Life got busy)

I've been waiting until I could say this... I'm in :rainbowwild:

Sure, why not. I'm in. 3K is much more manageable than 5K.
Can I have the third spot, though?

Yay, it's finally up. :yay: I'd like to sign up for position number five, if you please.

I'm seriously thinking of putting cute little pictures in mine if that's allowed. :pinkiesmile:

Edit: Ah, sorry about the requesting spots thing.

I AM SOOOO UP FOR THIS! YEAH!

okay, I'll calm down, buy seriously, I am so up for this :twilightsmile:

Can I have position six, please? So excited to do this! :raritywink:

WE EMERGE FROM THE DARK TO CLAIM OUR POSITION. WE AWAIT OUR ASSIGNMENT.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

Sign me up, Captain! *salutes*

I finished the January Collab project, so count me in!:derpytongue2:

David at your service :)

This sounds like it could be an entertaining prospect, so without further ado I propose to join, in whatever position I happen to be given; I also promise to try and avoid, wherever possible, paragraph-long sentences—apparently some readers don’t like them—as well as long lists, clop, gore, pony emoticons as a form of punctuation :pinkiehappy: and the word “antiquing.”

Comment posted by Mendoza deleted Jan 18th, 2013

633256 I'll throw my pen in the mix. :twilightsmile:

Count me in, this sounds like a blast.

Reporting for duty!

Count me in.

633256 IN! LET'S DO THIS :pinkiehappy:

DarkPhoenix
Group Admin

I'm in. This should be fun.

I haven't been writing very much lately. Can I give this a try? I haven't been doing a good job of keeping up with the collab cage x.x

Ooh, ooh, pick me!
I'll do 14 if you'll have me onboard:pinkiehappy:

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

633262 633265 633266 633270 633272 633282 633290 633297 633335 633385 633401 633485 633676 633973 633976 634057 634058 634121 634243 634609

And we have twenty! Sehr gut. I will be speaking with you, Dream--or rather, sending you a PM. I'll announce when Dream has officially started. Be patient, it may be a bit before we get to you--but I promise your turn will come.

For anyone else--you can still sign up! Some of these people may drop out or get busy, or any number of things, and we'll need replacements. And if you still don't get to join in? Well, this is only Round Robin #1. We will have more!

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see what we make!

634677 Oh hell, the one day I decide to forgo the computer in favor of a nap, and you post this.

Well, shucks, that's a little disappointing =/

Ah well, just put me in the queue for drop outs and complications then. I guess I'll act as support should anything come up. Might as well help anyway I can.

634812 Naps are superior.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Update--Chapter one has been completed. 115, expect to receive the chapter within a few hours.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

A very good point I forgot to mention: please make sure your chapter ends at a natural break. It is a chapter, after all.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Hello anyone and everyone signed up for this. Well, we got chapter one out and done with lickity split, but now we're super stalled on chapter two. So please, I ask you--if it's your turn and you know you can't do it, let me know ASAP. Waiting two weeks to get zilch is not fun and it's putting it off for those later in the list for no reason.

Pretty sure there's a slot or two open now, so if newbies are interested, though you'll be at the bottom of the list, let me know, OK? Good luck, all.

755504 I know this might seem disrespectful and all, but honestly, posting in the forum doesn't really notify anyone. Personally, I don't check the forums often, and I usually end up letting things drop/missing announcements b/c of it.

A PM poke would be cool.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Chapter three complete--and hilarious. Moving on!

Also, we do have a slot open!

To those still waiting, I appreciate your patience--we'll get there, but if a chapter takes two weeks, it takes two weeks.

I would like to take a chance and give it a try!
Sign me up!:pinkiehappy:

HOORAY! :yay: IT'S A-COMING!

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

If things go as they currently stand, you will be responsible for the ending...are you ready for that?

I don't mind.
(although making an ending off of a previous chapter of a story that I have now idea how it began will be a little difficult...but do-able).

*bring it on*

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Well, that's one of the curious things about this project, to see how it all comes together (people have done alright, so far)!

Added. It'll be a while, but good luck when it comes time!

If somehow enough people drop out, I'd like to do a chapter. I don't really expect to get a spot, but I'm definitely willing to give it a go.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

You'd be surprised.

Thanks for signing up.

959582 Is anything happening with this? Or what is going on? :rainbowderp::derpyderp1:

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Very, very slowly. I just received chapter four. I'm hoping people will begin to pick the pace up a little.

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Update:
We're on chapter five.

633256 Can I sign up, please?

So... how are things progressing?

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Ask Merc. I put him in charge.

Is there still room for one more?

Peregrine Caged
Group Admin

Both of these kind of stalled out, so we're actually going to be relaunching them (along with a general overhaul of the Cage) within the next few weeks (or month or two). So, the answers is technically yes, just gonna take a little bit. Perhaps sooner rather than later, though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48