• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,520 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,520

Out

André continued to sprint through the forest as he successfully managed to lure the Ursa away from Rainbow Dash, "Ok, I think I got enough distance for Rainbow Dash to escape. I think I’d better turn and face the music."

He turned around and faced the raging Ursa. André stood tall against the mighty giant as it raised its claw. A rock suddenly hit the Ursa in the back of the head. André and the Ursa turned and saw Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow!" André yelled out in shock, "You shouldn’t be here!"

The injured mare stomped her hoof on the ground, "I want to help you!"

André put his hands on his head in a panic, Rainbow was a target once more, "This is no time for being hardheaded!"

The Ursa swung its claw and struck Rainbow Dash. The young Pegasus flew into the top of a tree and fell to the ground. Ignoring the Ursa’s rage André ran under its legs and went over to Rainbow Dash side.

She was too injured to stand, "Without my wings…I’m an easy target…" she said weak and regretfully.

"Rainbow Dash, don’t give up on me now." André put his hand on Rainbow's forehead while staring desperately into her weak eyes. Rainbow tried her hardest to stand back up.

The Ursa let out another intimidating roar, André once again turned to the beast. The Ursa stood with a puzzled look on its face once it saw André standing straight in front of Rainbow Dash defensively.

André thought to himself, "What am I thinking…?"

"Don't..." Rainbow helplessly held out her hoof to her Human defender.

Unable to hold on anymore Rainbow Dash lost consciousness. The Ursa is now face to face with the last one standing, André. It held its claw back and swung it down toward André however the Ursa was stopped by purple and white magical outlining.

André looked up and was surprised at what he was witnessing, even the Ursa was surprised.

"Yo, Dré!" a voice called out.

André knew the voice all to well, "Babe?" he called out as he looked around.

"Up here!"

André followed Babe’s voice and managed to find him. Babe was sitting on the back a female unicorn. The Unicorn had a Maya blue coat, a periwinkle mane and tail with a pigment blue streak. She had steel blue eyes, and a cutie mark of an hourglass. Her horn was glowing. It was obvious it’s thanks to that Unicorn that the Ursa was unable to strike.

"Where've you been!?" André shouted.

Babe chuckled at André's question, "Don’t worry about that." André heavily sighed but couldn't help but put on one of the biggest smile's he ever had upon seeing his friend, "Take Rainbow Dash and get outta here. We’ll handle the Ursa!"

André nodded, "Thanks, Babe!" he picked up Rainbow Dash and quickly left the area.

Babe watched André run off before looking down to his Unicorn companion, "Now. How bout we put this thing to sleep?" he asked with a friendly smile.

The Unicorn didn’t speak. She only nodded her head and began putting some kind of sleeping spell on the Ursa. The Ursa found itself extremely drowsy. It turned and saw the two but it couldn’t do anything as it was just WAY too sleepy. The Ursa fell on its belly and fell asleep. The mysterious Unicorn jumped down from the trees, landed on the Ursa’s back and finally onto the ground. She then proceeded to the forest exit.

Babe stood heroically on the Unicorn's back as they rode off into sunlight, the wind blowing throw his hair making him feel accomplished, "At last…war has turned me into a man…" he threw his hands into the air and shouted "Whee!!" as if he went from being an 18 year old to a 10 year old in just seconds.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash slowly regained consciousness. She opened her eyes and saw that she was being carried out of the forest in André’s arms. She was, however, still weak, "What happened…to the Ursa…?" the weak Pegasus asked.

Upon hearing her voice André looked down at her but then back up toward the forest exit, "Babe and somepony said they would handle it…don’t worry…you’re safe."

"I see..." Rainbow looked forward and saw the end of the forest as well, the light made her happy for reasons she didn't understand. She looked back at André curiously, "Why did you do all of that?" he looked down to her, "You shouldn't have put yourself in that kind of danger."

André exhaled from his nose while thinking of his own recklessness, "Look who’s talking Dash…I’m the one who saved you and Babe was the one who saved me, heh."

Rainbow Dash wanted to laugh as well but she couldn't find it in herself to actually do it. She turned her head trying to hide her look of regret. She realized that André and Babe weren't the bad guys she had originally made them out to be. She found it a little upsetting it took a raging Ursa and the kindness in the two human’s hearts to truly prove that that she was wrong.

After a few minutes of walking André finally managed to find the exit, Twilight and the others saw Rainbow Dash in André’s arms. They also noticed the dirt that was all over André’s clothes and Rainbow Dash’s mane so they all rushed over to them.

"We’re out. You ok to stand?" André asked as he looked down at Rainbow.

She nodded slowly, "Yeah…I’m fine."

Carefully, André helped Rainbow onto her hooves, "I’m glad you’re ok. Excluding the wing injury of course…" he jokingly mentioned.

She still wouldn't bring herself to smile or laugh yet, she looked at the ground and then back up to André, "…I’m-"

Before she continue her sentence André realized Babe wasn't around, "Wait. Where’s Babe?"

"Ok, thanks. I’ll see you a little later." Rainbow Dash and André saw Babe waving goodbye to the Unicorn aid. Babe and the Unicorn bump fist and hoof before going their separate ways.

Twilight rushed over to the group in a panic, "Are you all alright!?"

Babe placed his hands on his hips as if nothing extraordinary just went down, "Yeah, we’re fine."

"Why’re yer clothes so dirty André?" Applejack questioned.

André at Applejack and then to the rest of the group, "Um…well," he didn't know how to tell them about their encounter in the forest without them breaking out into a panic, but he knew he had to tell them something and the truth was the only right option. He sighed, "we kinda, we ran into an Ursa."

Just as he thought, "AN URSA!!?" they all yelled in question.

André put his hands up in an attempt to calm them down, "I know, I know but its ok. Babe managed to stop it."

Babe looked at the group and then at André, " I didn’t do anything. Colgate, used a sleeping spell to put it to sleep."

"Who?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Minuette." Babe clarified with a more proper name.

"Who?" Pinkie Pie asked again.

Babe looked at Pinkie for a few seconds before giving up, " ….Never mind."

"At least none of you are injured." Fluttershy calmly stated.

André shook his head at Fluttershy's claim, "Not quite. Rainbow Dash, we need to get you to a doctor. Your wing is still injured right?"

"Yeah." Rainbow replied.

Rarity walked over to her Pegasus friend to inspect her for serious injuries, "It hurt you!?" she asked out in a rather motherly tone.

Rainbow Dash remained quiet. She didn't want to tell any of her friends what happened but she knew she had to tell them eventually. Before she could get the chance to say anything André fell to the ground and passed out. Everyone gathered around him. All extremely worried about his condition they repeatedly called his name to try and wake him up but nothing worked.

Author's Note:

Things aren't looking too good is it? I'm starting to wish I made these a little longer but not to worry (for those who don't like the length) it gets longer as the story goes on.

Also, this chapter just reminded me, you will be seeing references to some games or cartoon's, mainly Kingdom Hearts in the video aspects since that's where I got my main inspiration, I love me some Kingdom Hearts although I only played the first and second one...never got the chance to play any of the other's one because I didn't have any of the handhelds, except a DS so I got 358/2 days as well but not Coded because-what's the point, right?

I digress, so yeah, references if you spot them I hope you smile and say "Oh wow" or something like that. I usually do that when I spot references in Friendship is Magic XD