• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,521 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,521

Judged (pt2)

The three competitors took their marks.

André just finished his stretches and turned his left, "Okay, so just a quick dash to the end of the forest, right?"

"Uh huh" replied Rainbow Dash as she did a few more stretches.

Babe and André scornfully watched Rainbow stretch. The two of them knew she was being cocky and she was just stretching to taunt them via body language, Rainbow Dash their stares and looked at them with a smile, "Yeah. I'm stretching, is that a problem?"

Babe looked down to the ground and shook his head, "There's no need to do that Rainbow, you know you're going to win."

"I don't want any pulled muscles slowing me down. You two wanna back down? Don't worry there's no shame in withdrawing." the uniquely maned colored Pegasus started to laugh.

André and Babe decided not to buy into Rainbow Dash's trash talk. The two tried to stay as focused as possible, "Well, maybe a little shame." Rainbow continued her sentence tauntingly.

"No, we're going to do this." Babe determinedly stated as he finished getting himself ready.

Rainbow finished her goofing off once she saw the determination in Babe's eyes, "You've got guts. I guess that's one thing I'll give you credit for."

Spike, while sitting on Twilight's back, held up a white cloth and was prepared to start the race. Rainbow Dash, André and Babe all got into position.

Twilight looked at her two human friend's with a hopeful look on her face, "Good luck you two." she muttered to herself.

Spike held the cloth up higher, "On your marks. Get set," he waited two extra seconds before throwing the cloth down and shouting, "GO!"

Once the cloth hit the ground the three darted off and made a sprint for Everfree forest. The others watched them off, Applejack looked over to Twilight, "Ah guess the best thing for us to do now is meet em on the other side ya'll."

Twilight took one last look at the entrance to the forest, "Right. I just hope they all make it out safely."

Applejack and the others nodded in agreement. Meanwhile in the forest André and Babe were far behind while Rainbow Dash was soaring ahead of them thanks to her wings. The two had to climb over broken branches, hop over murky water and swing through vines just to move on.

André was desperately trying his hardest to make his way around the forest obstacles but it was a lot harder than expected, "We've seriously gotta step it up Babe, if we don't Rainbow Dash will certainly win." there was no word from Babe, he turned around to check on his friend, "You heard me? What the heck-"

André stopped dead in his tracks after he noticed Babe wasn't behind him. He looked around but still nothing, somewhere in the forest Babe was tangled up in vines and was practically out of the race….Babe simply hung there with 'Whatever…' written all over his face. He was on his cell phone, what he was doing on there was unknown.

Back in the race Rainbow Dash was far ahead of the two, "Heh! Those two slowpokes are finished! I've won this thing, hooves down! Man I'm good! Still I can't believe Twilight and the others actually trusted those two…UGH! That's like trusting an-"

Not paying attention to where she was going Rainbow charged straight into the side of an unknown creature. She bounced off the side and fell on her flank. She rubbed her head after she fell. She opened her eyes and saw that she had hit a sleeping Ursa (minor) who was now awake. The beast roared loudly.

Rainbow Dash eyes widened in fear, "W-Whoa! An Ursa!"

The Ursa saw Rainbow and immediately knew who was responsible for waking it.

Rainbow forcibly put her fear aside and bravely stood up to the Ursa, "You don't scare me!" she shouted out to the Ursa. She flew up to the Ursa and gave it a double hoof kick to the nose. The attack did absolutely nothing to it. The Ursa laughed at Rainbow Dash's attempt, "Huh? What're you laughing at?! I can take you out in 10 seconds fla-"

The Ursa raised its claw and plucked her. Rainbow Dash spun out of control and slammed into a tree. She slowly slid down to the forest floor. The Ursa approached her with a grin on his face, Rainbow Dash looked up to the angered Ursa and prepared to flap her wings and take off. She knew she was clearly no match for the Ursa.

She tried flapping her wings, "Ow! My wing!" she cried out, She felt a horrible pain in her right wing and was unable to fly. Whenever she tried to move it she would flinch in pain. The Ursa approached her and raised its claw preparing to strike. Rainbow Dash closed her eyes preparing for the blow.

"Rainbow!"

A familiar voice caught Rainbow Dash's attentions. She opened her eyes and was pushed out of the way of the Ursa's attack, André managed to save Rainbow Dash just in time. He rolled over safely to the side, "Are you ok...?"

Rainbow raised her wing, showing André her injury, "My wing is injured. I don't think I can use it to fly…"

André inspected Rainbow's wing by gently holding it in his hand, "I guess it's a good thing I got here when I did then."

Rainbow pulled her wing back and held it herself, "Why'd you do that? I didn't need you to help me." she coldly states.

André couldn't believe Rainbow Dash was still being stubborn but he knew it wasn't time to get angry or argue, "You know you can't handle an Ursa Minor…imagine if it was a Major."

"M-Major...?" Rainbow gulped heavily at the thought.

"Yeah...a major" André repeated.

Rainbow Dash stood in silence trying not to think of what an Ursa, major, would've been like. She was even more silenced from the fact that André had saved her despite the fact that she classified him and Babe as bad. The Ursa shoved the forest trees aside in an attempt to find the two which it eventually did.

André stood up in front of Rainbow and faced the Ursa, who was still looking for the two, "I'm going to distract it for you, ok? While I do that I want you to make a run for the exit."

A look of concern fell upon the injured Pegasus face, "But what about you and Babe?" she asked in a caring voice.

"Don't worry about us. I just want to make sure you make it out."

Rainbow was shocked, she stood up and held her hoof out "Why would-"

"Just do it." André ran to the other side of the forest. The Ursa saw him running, and its head followed the boy. It was unaware of what André was planning. André stopped and turned around to face it, "I'M OVER HERE!"

He easily managed to get the Ursa's attention however he only made it angrier. The Ursa revealed its fangs and claws trying to scare André.

"Shame on you messing with a defenseless pony! You aren't tough! I bet you can't even take on my friend Spike when he's a full fledged dragon! You're not even bigger than your mom bro, now how's that possible? She's so fat she got the cows mooing at her!"

The Ursa finally snapped. It didn't hesitate in charging at André who quickly ran deeper into the forest in a panic, "Oh geez! The 'your mom' jokes can make anything angry, even in the world of My Little Pony!"