• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,520 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,520

The first day

On a beach setting during the sunset Twilight was sitting on the edge of a pier alongside her two human friends, Twilight looked out to the sea, "You know…the days have changed."

"What do you mean?" André asked as he looked at Twilight.

"Well..." she couldn't find words to describe how she felt.

Babe continued looking out to the sparkling orange ocean, "Are you ok?" he asked.

"I'm fine but…I was thinking." Twilight placed her hoof in the sand and started making circular patterns.

"About what?" Babe asked as he laid back in the sand to rest, "You can tell André and me anything, what's on your mind?"

Twilight sighed, "What if Princess Celestia has found a way to send you two back home?" André and Babe remained quiet, "We might not see each other again." she sadly finished.

André understood Twilight's sadness, but he did what he could to support her. He smiled, "True. But we're still friends regardless right?" unfortunately what he was trying to get at wasn't making Twilight feel better and he knew this, "Who knows? Maybe you can find a way to have Babe and me come back someday."

Twilight shook her head, shooting André's theory down, "I couldn't do that." André tapped the sand in defeat, "Not after all the trouble Princess Celestia could've gone through after finding a way for getting you two back. You two weren't even here for that long."

"So what do you want us to do Twilight?" Babe calmly asked, still laying in the sand.

Twilight already had her answer, "Stay here in Ponyville. Our friendship would never have to end." André remained quiet while Babe chuckled.

Babe looked over at Twilight smiling, " The days haven't changed. You seem to have been the one who's changed Twilight."

Twilight knew the chances of the boy's staying were slim, "Maybe..." she sighed.

Babe started to see how serious Twilight was emotionally, he decided to throw his joking aside after seeing that it wasn't working, "I mean…it's not like you to think like this. Even when we do go back, you'll always remember us, right?"

"Of course…" Twilight replied.

Babe continued on, "As long as you remember our time here you'll be fine. Heh, we weren't even here long enough to make an impact."

André snickered as he looked back out into the ocean, "I'll never forget."

Babe shut his eyes and smiled, remembering his time in Ponyville, "Same here."

Twilight didn't know what to say and kept quiet.

"Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack." André named the first half of the group.

"Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spike." Babe named the second half.

"And you Twilight. We'll never forget you." the two named the final member of the group that mattered.

The two slowly began to fade away. Twilight opened her eyes, realizing everything that just happened was all a dream, she rose up and looked around, "That was….that was just a dream?" she asked herself as she looked down to her blanket, "Heh, Twilight, get it together girl. You're just overthinking things again." Twilight convinced herself with a smile.

She looked out of her bedroom's window to see the morning sky. The five days was all she had on her mind. How could she make these last few days count with her unique human friends?

The first day

At the Ponyville hospital André was just awakening in bed. He got up and stretched his arms. He looked over to his left and saw Rainbow Dash sitting on a chair with her head buried in her arms asleep on his bedside. He turned to the right and saw Pinkie Pie sleeping on the floor with confetti all over her body. She was asleep with the casual Pinkie Pie smile on her face, "Pinkie Pie is just full of surprises." he quietly said.

"SURPRISE!?" Pinkie shouted as she suddenly woke up.

"WHOA!" André yelled as he flinched from her random outburst.

Pinkie Pie happily jumped up and down, Surprise? There's a surprise? Is it someponies birthday? What's the occasion? Tell me, tell me, you've gotta tell me!"

André had his hand over his heart feeling how fast his own heart was racing, "Don't scare me like that Pinkie Pie..." he exhaled and was at ease, "Nobody's birthday is today. I was just telling myself about how much of a surprise you are."

Pinkie stopped jumping,"Oh. Well that's what I do best!" she started her jumping all over again, "Speaking of birthday's when is your birthday, André?" she asked in excitement.

"My birthday? What's today?" he asked.

Pinkie looked down at her special watch, which randomly spawned on her wrist at just the right moment, "August 26."

"Oh." André said as he slowly scratched his head, "My birthday was three days ago Pinkie Pie, you missed it."

Missing a party is one of the worst possible thing's for Pinkie, she lowered her head in disappointment, "Aw….I would've thrown you the greatest and bestest birthday party EVER!"

"That's ok Pinkie Pie" André reassuringly said to the party pony, "I don't need a party to enjoy a birthday. As long as I'm around people I care about then it's all good."

Pinkie cheered up a bit, "That's nice of you to say." Pinkie looked up at André with a bright smile, "I understand!" she happily stated.

André was happy to see that he cheered Pinkie up but with dates in mind he thought about Earth, "But if it's August 26 then that means it's my friend's birthday back at home."

Pinkie's ear's twitched after hearing birthday again.

"I'm not even there to tell him happy birthday." André said in a bit of a letdown voice.

Pinkie's ear's lowered shortly after they just rose not a few seconds ago, "Aw…that's so sad…AH! I can't stand it!" she shouted in frustration.

"Can't stand what?" André asked.

Pinkie crossed her forearms similar to that of a human and stood on her hind legs as she did so, "Not being able to throw so many parties in so little time!"

An idea suddenly hit him, André had an idea, "Hey! I know something that'll cheer you right up."

"You do?" Pinkie asked in hope.

André pulled the white covers from over his legs and slowly got out of bed. He was trying not to wake Rainbow Dash. He went over to a basket containing his clean clothes, courtesy of Nurse Redheart who washed all his clothes for him, "Tomorrow is Babe's birthday."

Pinkie's party joy kicked in, "Really!?"

André nodded "Yup. How about you throw him a surprise birthday party?"

Pinkie Pie felt all the energy in her body wanting to release all at once. She began to shake in excitement. André acted quickly and put his hand over Pinkie Pie's mouth to keep her quiet, "Hehe, I know you're excited Pinkie Pie but shouting it out will ruin the surprise. See what I'm saying?"

Pinkie Pie cheerfully nodded and André released her, "Remember to keep it on the hush, hush." he reminded her.

"Okie dokie!" Pinkie happily commented.

"Great. Now, I'm going to get dressed. How about you start with the planning and stay in touch okay?"

Pinkie nodded in agreement.

André, himself, was starting to get excited about the party,"Perfect. I'll see you later."

Pinkie Pie happily bounced out of the room. She already had party ideas in mind. André switched out of his hospital attire and began to put on his clean clothes. As he put his shirt on he hears a soft "Wonderbolts….so awesome." coming from Rainbow Dash's mouth as she slept.

As André was putting on his shoes Rainbow started to wake up, "Morning, Rainbow." he greeted his awakening friend.

"Morning already?" Rainbow asked before yawning, "Wow..." Rainbow scratched her messy unkempt mane and shook her head to get the last bit of drowsiness out of her system.

"Did ya sleep well?" André asked.

"Sure did." Rainbow replied.

"Have any sweet dreams?" André asked again.

"Uh huh." Rainbow said with a smile.

André grinned deviously, "Was it about the Wonderbolts?"

Unaware what André just asked Rainbow followed along and played into André's playful trap, "It sure was-HUH!?"

He laughed as Rainbow Dash just realized what he said, "Aw, that's so adorable Rainbow." André taunted.

Rainbow was a bit confused and scratched her mane, "How did you…"

"You were talking in your sleep."

Rainbow Dash found that rather embarrassing. She unknowingly blushed at her sleep talking, "That's a little embarrassing." she admitted, "Talking in your sleep? That's just so uncool."

"Not at all!"

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow at André's view on sleep talk, "You don't think so?"

André shook his head, "Nope. My mom did it once. I think I even do sometimes. It's pretty funny actually."

Rainbow giggled at the thought of someone else talking in their sleep, "It does sound pretty funny, huh? But still, it's a bit weird to me."

"Why?" André asked, "It makes you 20% cooler."

Rainbow heard him and eyed him in a surprise. André only grinned at her reaction. He knew he used Rainbow Dash's line, something he wasn't supposed to know at the time, but he used it anyway to see how she would react. Before she could reply someone knocked on the room door, André opened the door and standing before him was Twilight, "Morning André, how's it going?"

"Hey, Twilight. Everything's great."

" Got any plans for today?" Twilight asked, she stayed at the room's entrance.

André took a minute to think about his plans for the day, " I was going to visit Applejack. So I can help her with apple bucking. We originally had plans yesterday but that got scrapped for the race."

Rainbow heard the comment and couldn't help but feel as if it was her fault, "....Sorry." she apologized.

André turned to Rainbow Dash and saw her saddened look, "Don't worry about it," he encouraged "it all worked out in the end anyway."

Rainbow rubbed her leg bashfully, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

André turned back to Twilight, "I was going to see if I could help her on the farm from now on too."

"You seem to want to do a lot for Applejack." Twilight noted, "Do you have feelings for a certain somepony? Maybe a little crush on Applejack?" Twilight playfully teased.

"No." André bluntly stated with a plain facial expression.

Twilight slowly walked up to André to further her teasing, "Hmmmm?" André just followed Twilight with his eyes, she stood beside him and tapped his side with her elbow, "You don't sound so sure."

André chuckled and shook his head, "I just really want to give her a hand. She does a lot and I just want to be there to help her."

Twilight just looked at André with a coy smile, "Sure. You've got my support."

"Aha, Ahaaaaaa, funny Twilight."

Twilight placed her hoof over her mouth and giggled at his sarcastic remark, "By the way, I got a letter from Princess Celestia." Twilight said as she stood back in front of André and Rainbow.

André, remembering he still had to play dumb, looked in confusion, "Princess?" he asked.

"The co-ruler of Equestria," Twilight informed her human friend, "she said she would like to meet Babe and you four days from now."

"Four days?" André thought, "Oh man. That's such an honor. The Princess of Equestria wanting to meet us. I can't wait for that." he started to sound a bit anxious.

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure she'll like you guys." Twilight positively stated, knowing her teacher would love them, "Also, I saw Pinkie Pie earlier. She said something about throwing a birthday party?"

"Yeah. A surprise birthday party," André went over to his hospital bed and started folding the blankets, "Babe's birthday is tomorrow."

The sudden information caught Twilight off guard, she didn't know and didn't have anything to give the birthday boy, "Really? I have to get him a gift!"

André fluffed the pillow and placed it neatly upright, "Don't stress it too much Twilight, I don't think he's much of a gift person." he pretty much guessed based on personality knowledge.

Rainbow turned to André, "What are you saying? Everypony loves gifts. What kind of things does he even like? We can't just get him any ol' thing." she said with reason.

"True." Twilight put her hoof to her chin for a second, "What does Babe find interesting André?"

André thought, "He likes Pokémon."

Rainbow raised an eyebrow, she never heard of it, "What?"

"It's this game they have back where we come from." he rubbed his hands together after finishing straightening up the bed, he then thought about how pointless it was to explain to Rainbow and Twilight about the game he mentioned since they don't even know the human world exist, "Never mind. Other than electronics, I don't really know Babe's interests."

"Without asking him this may be a little difficult." Twilight admitted to her friend's who agreed.

"Yeah" André crossed his arms, "For now let's just tell the other's about the party."

"That sounds like a great idea." Twilight put on a look of determination, she wanted Babe's party to happen just as much as André or Pinkie, "We'll meet back at the library so we can discuss everything."

Rainbow Dash and André had the plan in mind and were ready to get the day started. After giving his thanks to Nurse Redheart André, Twilight and Rainbow Dash left the hospital.

Twilight went over to Fluttershy's cottage while André headed over to Sweet Apple Acres. He journeyed the same dirt road where he met Apple Bloom, "My minds all twisted now." André said to himself as he continued down the road, "If we do decide to buy gifts for him what kind of gift would he like? Would it be too obvious if I asked him? Maybe Applejack would know something."

"ANDRÉ!!" a voice shouted from behind, André yelled as he turned around. A certain cerulean coated Pegasus could barely keep herself airborne due to her laughing, "Rainbow Dash, you scared me!"

"I sure did! You should've seen your face!" she continued laughing.

"Very funny." he laughed before realizing Rainbow was with him, "What're you doing here?"

Rainbow landed in front of André and flicked her tail, "I'm going with you to Sweet Apple Acres."

Although he didn't mind André wondered why, "I thought you were going to let somepony else know about the surprise party. We could've covered more ground separately."

"And risk you getting lost? No way!" André squinted his left eye and eased a slow smile on his face as Rainbow Dash continued, "Not to worry, you've got Equestria's greatest flyer by your side!" she said proudly.

"Kind of ironic isn't it?" he asked, "You're walking with me."

Rainbow Dash made a straight face before seeing André's point. She put back on her smile, "Good point."

André crossed his arms, "Also, I'm not worried about anything. I know my way to Sweet Apple Acres."

"I'm sure you do. I'm uh…I'm just here to keep you company." she narrowly saved herself, "To keep you from dying of boredom. Besides, wouldn't want you getting lost in Applejack's eyes."

André tapped his forehead with an open palm and a laugh, "Uh huh. Sure, that's the reason why you're here."

Rainbow held her head up, eyes closed, thinking she convinced her human friend that was her reason for coming along. André didn't mind Rainbow Dash tagging along but he wanted a real answer.

The two arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. In the Apple orchid Applejack was busy doing what she did best and that was bucking apples. The duo approached her, "Hey, Applejack." André was first to greet.

"André? It's good to see ya! Howdy, Rainbow."

André pointed at Applejack, "AJ, you going to the B.S.P.E tomorrow?" he asked while looking a bit lost.

Applejack raised a brow, "The what?"

"Best. Surprise. Party. Ever."

Applejack giggled at André's acronym meaning, "Is that what it means? You're a hoot." André grinned at Applejack's compliment, despite knowing what he said was a bit lame, " Sure, ah don't mind goin'."

André and Rainbow looked at each other in success, "Perfect!" André happily cheered.

"Whose party is it?" Applejack asked curiously since she knew there wasn't anything special planned for any of the other Ponies.

"Babe's." he clarified, "It's for a surprise birthday party."

"Babe's birthday is tomorrow?" Applejack was a bit shocked at the sudden news, "Well shoot! That doesn't leave me much time to get a gift."

"Right…about that," André rubbed the back of his neck before continuing, "we have NO idea what he would like for a gift. We were kinda hoping you would have an idea."

"Ah've no clue either. Ah haven't spent enough time with Babe to really know what kind of things he'd like for a birthday gift. He's been hanging out with Rarity mostly. Ah'm sure she's bound to know somethin'."

"Good idea!" André took a quick glance over the apple orchid, "While I'm here do you mind if I help you with a few trees? I remember we were supposed to have bucked a few apples a little while ago but it got put on hold."

"Well, Ah've got a few more trees to buck, sure! Ah could use an extra pair of hooves around here."

"Cool." André turned to Rainbow who he nearly forgot was there, "Hey, Rainbow, can you go and ask Rarity about what she thinks Babe might like as a gift."

Rainbow tilted her head slightly, "Aren't you gonna come with me?" she felt like she was being abandoned or neglected.

André pointed back with his thumb, "I just said I was helping Applejack. You can do it."

"…Riiiiight, ok. Sure…"

André and Applejack went farther off into the apple orchid. The two exchange friendly laughs with as they walked off. Rainbow squinted her eyes at the two. The now lonely Rainbow Dash left Sweet Apple Acres and sulkily traveled back down the dirt road back down to Ponyville. She seemed rather disappointed that André didn't really want to spend any time with her.

"I don't get it. Why would André want to hang out with Applejack so badly? And why does Babe only hang out with Rarity? Does he have a fashion craze? Not only that but they were living with Twilight temporarily. André's still going to be living with Twilight until they find a way back home and Babe will be spending MORE time with Rarity!" Rainbow's voice noticeably got more and more irritated, "WHY DON'T THEY WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH ME!?" she yelled out to herself, "Is it because they think I'm boring? No that's ridiculous…anypony whose anypony knows that I'm coolest Pegasus in all of Ponyville!" her gloating itched her mind at another possibility, "But even so….they might not even like a show off…" she shook her head to bring herself back to her sense, "What am I saying? I just have my head in the clouds, that's all."

Rainbow was obviously bothered neither of the boy's seemed interested in hanging out with her as much as the other's but on her exterior she played it off as nothing, she was still a bit confused inside.

Later that day at the library the whole gang had arrived to discuss the party plans, including Rainbow Dash, André and Applejack. While everyone gathered around the couch Pinkie stood in front of the group, being planner and all, "Great! Everypony's here! Now we can get down to business! Now as we all know our good friend, Babe's, birthday is tomorrow. I'm the host Pinkie Pie."

"Hello, Pinkie Pie." André randomly called out.

Pinkie giggled at André's randomness before continuing, "
And we're going to throw him the best birthday party he's ever had! We'll have the party here at the library. I already have the decorations, food preparation and overall theme of the party so all we need to do now is make sure he comes here tomorrow."

"Sounds easy enough." Rarity stated.

"That means NOPONY tells him anything." Pinkie made herself quite clear by making her neck magically extend over to her friend's to give them an intimidating stare, "Not even a peep about anything related to a party."

André raised his hand.

"Yes…um…Spike!" Pinkie pointed to Spike.

"What!? My hand was raised!" André's voice was heard in the background while Spike stood up.

"You're Pinkie Pie." Spike noted, obviously. Pinkie blinked twice, not knowing what to do at that point, "Every day we expect a party. Don't you think that he'll be pretty much expecting you to throw something for him?" Spike finished explaining.

Pinkie stomped her hoof on the floor, "Well, Babe doesn't have to know that!"

Spike didn't respond and just sat back down.

The party mare rubbed her hooves together, "He'll never see it coming. I can just imagine the look on his face now! Remember Nopony says ANYTHING, got it?"

The group all nodded.

"Excellent!" Pinkie happily cheered, "We'll meet back here at noon. André, you'll be the one who tells him to come but make sure you get here before he does."

"Shouldn't be a problem." André said with hopeful intentions, while Pinkie was the one planning he knew that keeping a party a secret was serious challenge for a Pony as dedicated to them as Pinkie Pie was.

Pinkie looked back at her friend's, "Alright then. We're going to make this happen! Everypony go out and do what you normally do but remember the plan."

Everypony, Spike and André understood. They all shouted "Right!" before going back to their daily routines.

Author's Note:

Too long? I kinda hated myself for writing this much. There was actually more but I cut it short :P