• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,521 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,521

Sweet Apple Acres

Not being out for more than 15 minutes André traveled down a dirt road, lost. "Okay…I think I may be a little lost." he said as he checked his surroundings, "If I were a member of the Apple family where would I have put my farm?"

Suddenly something hit the back of André's leg. He turned around and saw a young filly with a large pink bow on the back of her head. Her coat was pale, light grayish olive, her mane was brilliant amaranth, "Oh hey, it's Apple Bloom." André softly said to himself as he identified the filly.

She was sitting on the ground rubbing her head with her hoof, "Ah'm real sorry. Ah didn't watch where ah was-" she stopped herself as she noticed André's human legs. Her eyes slowly started heading up to his face, "going..." she finally finished. She was amazed at seeing him.

"Are you ok?" he asked as he crouched down to see if Apple Bloom was alright. He smiled to assure her she had nothing to be afraid of.

"Y-yeah, Ah'm alright. Wait a sec. You're one of those Hu-Men's Applejack told me about!"

André couldn't help but laugh at Apple Bloom's pronunciation of the word, "It's just pronounced Human." he corrected, "But yes, I am."

Apple Bloom became excited and stood up before André, "Wow. This is the first time Ah've ever seen one before."

André was relieved to see that Apple Bloom was fine and he stood, tall, before her, "Do you know where Applejack is? I wanted to see her."

"Sure do. Ah was on mah way back home to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack's mah sister, she's probably buckin' apples as usual. C'mon ah'll take you there mahself." Apple Bloom happily started skipping down the dirt road leading toward Sweet Apple Acres, before she went any further she stopped and looked back at André, "Name's Apple Bloom by the way. What's your name?"

"I'm André."

Apple Bloom tapped her lip intrigued, "So you're André. The Babe fella must be somewhere else than."

André was surprised at how much Apple Bloom knew about himself and Babe, "Yeah. I'm surprised your sister told you so much about us."

"Well sure,why wouldn't she? " Apple Bloom stated while holding one hoof out, All of Ponyville knows who you two are, the 'mysterious invading duo'."

"'Mysterious invading duo'?" André thought of the title and laughed a bit but a sigh followed soon after. He knew adjusting to Ponyville was going to be a tough road.

"No worries, you'll fit into Ponyville in no time." Apple Bloom reassured him, "Ah wanted to introduce you and Babe to my friends later on. We're the cutie mark crusaders!"

André already knew but continued playing along, "Aw, that sounds cute."

"It's comprised of mahself, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. We try our hardest to find out what our cutie marks could be."

He knew how badly the three fillies wanted their cutie marks and tried to be as supportive as possible, "And I'm sure you all will discover it one day."

Apple Bloom noticed André didn't have a cutie mark or if he did she couldn't tell because he was wearing pants, "Do you have a cutie mark?"

"Oh no. Humans don't get cutie marks."

Apple Bloom raised an eyebrow, "you don't?" she asked curiously.

"We can get tattoos though," André continued explaining, "but I wouldn't recommend it. Tattoo's and cutie marks are completely different things anyway."

"How so?" Apple Bloom asked again.

"One you get through your talent and uniqueness the other you get through ink and pain."

Apple Bloom realized André just briefly mentioned how one earns a cutie mark, "Wait, you know how to earn a cutie mark?" Apple Bloom's question put André in a corner. He had to make up an excuse, and quick.

"Um…uh, yeah. Your sister told me."

"Oh, neat!" Apple Bloom closed her eyes and smiled as she continued walking down the road. André exhaled in relief and followed behind the young filly. As the two happily went along the path together they eventually made it to Sweet Apple Acres.

"And here we are." Apple Bloom held out her hoof the Apple family's home.

André kneeled down to Apple Bloom and held out his hand to her, "Thanks a bunch Apple Bloom. It was good talking with ya."

"Same here." Apple Bloom placed her hoof in André's hand and the two shake on it, "Ah wish we could chat a while longer but I've got homework to do so ah'll catch ya later?"

André nodded twice at Apple Bloom's question, "Of course."

Apple Bloom happily ran off as André waved goodbye to her. Applejack was pulling a wagon full of Apples and noticed André on the farm.

"André?"

He heard his name and looked over to the Apple orchid, "Hey, Applejack."

Applejack walked over to him with the wagon behind her. " Well isn't this a surprise?" she says with her usual smile, "What're ya doin here, Sugar cube? Ah thought you'd still be at Twilight's."

André chuckled as he rubbed his cheek with one finger, "Nah. I thought I'd come out and pay you a visit on Sweet Apple Acres. I wanted to check on you." he let his hand down and placed them in his pockets, "Besides Babe went to see Rarity at her boutique and I thought it'd be good to just come out and explore a little bit of Ponyville. Turns out it was just what I needed and a chance to stretch my legs."

Applejack slightly raised her hat, "Aw shucks, that's mighty kind of ya."

André looked out to the apple orchid and saw hundreds of apple trees, "Would you like some help around here? I wouldn't mind."

"Thanks for the offer but I'm done with my rounds of bucking for the mornin'."

"Oh..." André slightly slouched over, a bit disappointed he couldn't help out, "Guess I came at the wrong time then."

Applejack placed her hoof on his hand for enlightenment, "No need to worry, you can come by tomorrow and help if you'd like."

André stood up straight once more after realizing that there would always be tomorrow, "Of course! I'd love that."

"An extra pair of hooves are always needed around here, thanks a bunch André." Applejack said as she smiled.

"No problem AJ, I'll see if Babe wants to help as well. Oh yeah and we have hands by the way not hooves."

Applejack scratched her mane, "Right, hands, got it..."

Out of the blue a rainbow streak rushed passed Applejack and tackled André onto the ground, it happened so fast it took Applejack a second to realize André wasn't in front of her anymore. Rainbow Dash was standing over André and had him pinned to the ground, "Ok! What were you doing with Applejack? Were you putting a curse on her or something?!"

Applejack ran over to Rainbow Dash and got her off of André. "Rainbow! What in the hay are you doin'!?"

"Protecting you from the human!" Rainbow exclaimed as she stood in front of Applejack in a protective stance.

"Protect?" Applejack put her hoof on her face before looking back at her overprotective friend, "He only came out here to ask if he could help buck apples!"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, "Sure he did." she said sarcastically, "I heard humans earn the trust of ponies and then once they do they put them under some weird hypnosis that turns us into their dinner!"

André stood up and dusted himself off, "…Um, what?"

Applejack sighed and shook her head, "Rainbow that doesn't make any sense. Who told you that?"

"Derpy." was Rainbow's only reply.

André and Applejack looked at each other for a second, André rubbed the back of his head in a bit of bewilderment, "Wow..."