• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,520 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,520

Royal invitation

In Canterlot Princess Celestia was silently reading a letter in her room. A knock on the door got the princess's attention. "Come in" she said. Entering the room was her little sister, Princess Luna, the co-ruled Equestria.

"Luna. How are you? Please, come in." Celestia warmly greeted her sister.

Princess Luna proceeded inside her sister's room, closing the door behind her with her magic. She walked over to her older sister.

Celestia noticed the look on Luna's face, "Are you alright?" she asked.

"I'm fine but..." Luna stopped as she raised her head to her older sibling.

"Is something wrong?" Celestia asked as she sat the letter down in front of her.

"It's about….Twilight Sparkle's new friends," Luna hesitantly stated, "the two who arrived in Ponyville not too long ago."

"The two Humans?" Celestia questioned.

Luna nodded her head, "Is it safe for them to be in Ponyville?" the princess of the night was obviously speaking in concern for all her subjects, Celestia continued to listening to her sisters words, "I mean, they won't bring harm to anypony will they?"

Celestia smiled at Luna to put her worrying at ease, "Of course not, the complete opposite actually." Princess Celestia used her magic to levitate the letter up to eye level to finish reading, "Twilight mentioned that they saved Rainbow Dash from an Ursa Minor. They put themselves at great risk to save their friend. They're kind and harmless. I trust my student and I'll take her word for it."

Princess Luna expected as much from her older sister, there was no point in arguing or further the conversation, "Of course. If you have faith in her then I will too."

"Thank you." Celestia says softly as she pulled Luna in for a loving hug, "I must say that I'm quite intrigued by these two as well. I invited them to visit Canterlot and that way we'll have the chance to meet them ourselves." Luna slightly backed away so she could look at her sister's face, " You'll see. Having them here could prove to be one of the most historic events of Equestria."

Later that evening in Ponyville Twilight and Babe had arrived at the library. Babe had finished packing all of his things and was prepared to head over to Rarity's, "Ok. That's all my stuff."

Twilight followed behind Babe, "Are you sure you have everything?"

Babe turned back to Twilight, "Yeah. I didn't have much when I first came here."

Twilight giggled and tapped her forehead, "Oh, yeah, right. How could I forget?"

"Is André's suit put up?" asked Babe.

Twilight nodded "Uh huh. It's upstairs on the bed."

The sound of small footsteps approached caught Twilight and Babe's attention as well as Spike calling out, "Twilight!"

Twilight looked in Spike's direction as he approached, "Hey, Spike. What's wrong?"

The small dragon came to a screeching halt. He was holding a letter in his claw, "I've got a letter from Princess Celestia!"

"Really?" Twilight took the letter from Spike's claws using her magic, "Let me see that." as she read her eyes became more and more dense and serious.

Babe approached her after giving her a minute to read it, "Is everything alright, Twi?"

"Everything's fine but…" Twilight paused.

"But-?" Babe tried helping her continue her unfinished sentence.

"But…Princess Celestia wants to meet you and André." Twilight finally continued.

Babe was puzzled at Twilight's announcement, "Really? Princess Celestia wants to meet u-" he once again stopped himself before revealing too much, he started over, "I mean….who's Princess Celestia?" he corrected.

"You don't know?" Twilight asked a bit surprised, "Princess Celestia is one of the co-rulers of Equestria. She's the pony who gives us the gift of the sun. I'm also her student."

Babe tried his best to pretend he didn't already know, "Oh, lucky you." he barely managed to sound surprised or shocked that his friend was the student of one of the ruler's of the land, Twilight was more focused on the letter than Babe's actual reaction.

"She wants to meet you both five days from now."

Babe tightened the strap on his book bag, "That's cool. I feel important."

"Have you ever participated in an event like this?" Twilight immanently asked in a rather panic like mood, "We've got to practice your table manners, get you ready," Babe and Spike watched as Twilight began to nervously pace back and forth, "we've gotta practice your speech so you won't stutter in conversation. We have so much to do!"

Babe sighed at Twilight and her usual but random breakdown's, "I'm sure Princess Celestia just wants to get to know us." he put his hand on Twilight's shoulder and stopped her from pacing, "As long as we act like ourselves there won't be any problems."

"You know he's right Twilight." Spike joined to ease Twilight's nerves, "Princess Celestia wouldn't want it any other way, especially on the first meeting."

Twilight managed to put herself at ease and exhaled at her own freak out, "…You're right. I'm sorry about that."

Babe patted Twilight's back in support, "Don't apologize. We just gotta let André know when he gets out the hospital tomorrow." Babe opened the library's front door and stood at the entrance.

Twilight stood with Babe at the front door, "Right. I'll let him know."

Babe looked up to the sky and then back to Twilight, "You think she may know of a way for us to get back home?"

Twilight opened her mouth but stopped...she wasn't expecting a question quite like, "I….huh, I don't know."

Babe heard Twilight's voice and looked at her, she was blankly staring at the ground, lost in thought. Babe tapped Twilight's shoulder, "Yo, Twilight, you ok?"

"Huh?" Twilight looked up at Babe and shook herself out of her own thoughts, "Oh sorry about that! Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm not sure. She could have a spell that'll send you guys back."

Babe placed both hands on the two arm straps his bag had and slightly raised the bag, "Well. We'll never know until the day comes." Twilight faked a convincing smile, "Well, I'm off." he noted.

Twilight raised her hoof and waved, "Okay. Take care."

Babe waved back as he walked backwards, "I will and thanks for everything Twilight."

Twilight continued waving, "It was my pleasure."

With their last goodbyes Babe turned and started making his way for Rarity's boutique. Twilight shut the door after Babe left.

"Aw man!" Spike complained, "I hope they won't have to leave yet. We've just become such good friends."

Twilight looked down at Spike with an agreeing expression, "I know what you mean Spike," she walked to the center of the library and stopped, "There are still so many things I wanted to know about them."

Spike could hear the growing worry in Twilight's voice, "Who knows? Maybe it's not for a way back, maybe it's just for a meeting." he said reassuringly.

Twilight looked down at Spike once more with a smile, "Yeah. I hope you're right Spike,"

Spike smiled back at Twilight and left the room, Twilight's smile slowly went away once he left, "I really do…" she muttered.