• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,521 Views, 64 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection - Spitfire16



Two boy's are sent to Ponyville by an unknown source and over time the two form close relationships with the Ponies of Ponyville, learning a few new things about themselves. Finding deeper meaning of what it means to be a true friend.

  • ...
5
 64
 2,521

Human

After blacking out the only thing that Babe could see was darkness followed by the sound of voices, all female.

"What is it?"

As he slowly started to come back around Babe heard the voices, "voices...?"

"It's kinda…funny looking." A southern accented voice spoke in a concerned manor.

He couldn't help but feel as if he heard them before, "Voices I've never heard before…"

"Um, maybe it needs a name?" a timid little voice spoke out.

"My head is still a little sore. Just like how it was in my dream."

"Whatever it is it has a strange taste for fashion." a rather sophisticated voice echoed in the darkness Babe was seeing.

"Let's throw it a party!" A wild and crazy voice happily shouted out.

The last two voices spoke out to Babe the most, "Those two voices sounded like…Pinkie Pie and Rarity."

The southern accented voice spoke out again, "Back up some ya'll, ah think it's waken up."

Slowly Babe opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was the ceiling above him. Babe blinked twice before turning to his left and saw six colorful ponies staring at him from a safe distance. Seeing them he jumped up and had his back against the couch he laying on.

"What the heck's going on? Am I still dreaming?"

A lavender Unicorn slowly walked over to him to check and see if he was ok.

Babe recognized the Unicorn and slightly squinted his eyes, "…Twilight?"

What Babe says shocked the lavender mare as well as the others behind her.

The lavender Unicorn, Twilight, was in complete awe, "How do you...know my name?"

Babe softly snorted at Twilight's questions, "What are you talking about? I know all you guys. I can do this blind folded." He began pointing at each individual Pony while stating names, "Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack."

All the ponies' jaws dropped. A creature they've never encountered before knows all their names. It was definitely strange for all six of them.

"Yeah. This is most definitely a dream" Babe plainly stated with new found energy, "Since this is my dream and what not let's go out and do some friendship finding stuff! I want to fight a Changling!"

The Pegasus with the rainbow colored mane flew up to Babe's face, she was suspicious of his knowledge of them, "How do you know all this stuff!?"

Babe calmly pushed her back, "Whoa, easy Dash. How do I not know any of this? You guys have like one of the most popular animated shows."

"Um…show?" The kindest looking of the group softly asked.

The country mare with the brown hat joined in on the confusion, "What in tarnation are you talkin' bout?"

"You guys are acting like you don't know who you are. I'm a brony, a fan of your show."

The mare with the most stylish and well kept looking mane spoke up "You're a 'brony'? Is that what you are?"

Rainbow Dash spoke once more in distrust, "I've never heard of any 'brony' living in Equestria or Cloudsdale."

Babe was being to become a bit confused himself, he tried his best to put an end it by further explaining, "No. Bronies aren't a species or anything it's a term we use for male viewers of My Little Pony. I'm a human being."

"A human what now?" Applejack asked with one eye half open as she scratched her head.

"Being. I should've probably explained this more since you guys have never seen one."

Rainbow Dash flies back over to her confused friends. They gathered around each other to discuss the issue. "I don't trust this guy. He just randomly appears in Equestria and has all this knowledge about us."

"He says he's a…now, whatchu call it? Hu-Man…being, now what the hay is that?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy, being the most reasonable at the moment kept her cool and came up with a solution, "We could ask for a name."

"Where he's from!" Pinkie Pie joined in.

"What he wants." Rainbow Dash said in a strong protective tone.

Rarity huffed, "Where he gets his clothes…"

"How'd he get here and such." Applejack threw in another one of the many questions to ask.

The final one to speak was Twilight, "Alright. We'll ask him a couple of questions but after that I think it'd be best we take him to see Princess Celestia."

They all nodded in agreement and turned their attention back to Babe who was waiting patiently for them to stop talking in secret. He gave a friendly wave and a soft "Hi."

Twilight stepped forward, "We've got a couple of questions for you." Babe got comfortable on the couch and replied with a smooth and calming "Shoot."

"Okay. Um, your name…?" Fluttershy asked softly.

Babe slightly tilted his head to the side, "Huh? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear that Fluttershy."

"I asked…f-for your name." Fluttershy asked once more.

"I didn't catch that. Do you think you speak a little louder?" Babe cuffed his hand around his ear.

Fluttershy got a little bit nervous, she didn't want to speak any louder so she got lower in tone, "I-"

Babe inched his ear closer, "Wha…?"

"I-I asked-" her tone started to turn into small sounding whispers. She was unaware their human visitor was playing with her.

"What'd you say?"

Fluttershy asked the same question again but it came in the form of squeals. Nobody could really understand a thing she was saying now. Twilight stepped in for Fluttershy, "She asked what your name was."

"Oh. My name's Babe, how's it hangin'?"

Pinkie cheerfully jumps up and down in front of Babe, "Where ya from?"

"Philadelphia but not the Fillydelphia you guys have."

Needless to say the comment made the six ponies confused. "What's the difference? How is there another Fillydelphia?" Twilight asked in her usual debate voice.

"The REAL one I live in is spelled with P.H.I.L and an A. You guys have it spelled as F.I.L.L.Y and it's pronounced Phila- not Filly. I guess it's to make it as a reference since you guys are ponies."

Pinkie Pie was now beyond confused. She didn't bother asking another question and simply stepped back to her friends. Rainbow Dash, once again, flew up to Babe with a suspicious look on her face, "What do you want?" she quickly asked.

Babe gently pushed her back once again, "I don't want anything. I'm not here to hurt anyone. It's a dream and all so I just want to hang out with you guys before I wake up. That's all there is to it really."

Rainbow Dash squinted her eyes and slowly flew back over to her friends, "I'm watchin' you buddy…"

Before asking the next question Rarity observed Babe's human clothing, although they were a bit odd and surreal to them his clothes intrigued Rarity, "Where do you get your clothes?" Rarity asked.

"Wherever I feel like Rarity. But if you'd like to make me a few new sets, I'd like to see your art for human design. I'm not sure you'll like the design but, hey, it'll be a cool experience right? Something new on fashion, if I dream of you guys again I'll visit your boutique."

Rarity's eyes widened, "I-but-how do, you-he-"

Rarity couldn't even chain together words. Applejack pulled her back and stepped forward with her question, " Last question. How'd you get here?"

"I don't know. I was just randomly falling from the sky after I had fallen asleep. I'm a strange dreamer but,hey, we can't control them."

Twilight slightly raised her head up, " The sky?"

Babe rubbed his head in a circular motion, "Yup, landed right on my head."

Twilight placed a hoof and slowly tapped her bottom lip with her hoof, "It must've been from my summoning spell." she said softly.

Applejack heard Twilight's statement, "Summoning spell?"

Twilight placed her hoof back onto the floor and turned to Applejack, "Yes. I was trying out the new spell but nothing happened. I didn't know what would happen if I did it in town so I took it away from Ponyville. After I tried it nothing happened. I left but the same night Babe showed up."

"So the summoning spell must've really worked and it summoned him?" Rarity joined.

Twilight nodded, "It's the only explanation."

Babe was still in disbelief that the six were having an actual discussion about his sudden appearance, "What are you guys trying to solve here? I'm dreaming. None of this is real."

Twilight and the other's turned to Babe. His statement only earned him cold stares from the six young mares, "Stop saying that. Are human beings supposed to talk nonsense? This is certainly NOT a dream and it never WAS a dream." Twilight said in a rather annoyed tone.

Babe sighed, obviously this was getting them nowhere. "Ok, ok, I think it's time I woke up."

The mane6 looked at him as Babe started to pinch himself in an attempt to wake up. The only thing he felt was pain. They all looked at him as if he was crazy but they simply ignored it.

"I think I can send him back. I should be able to come up with a spell that'll solve this mess." Twilight calmly said to her friends.

Applejack could only put on a look of hope, "Ah sure hope it works. He's a little...weird."

While the six were discussing solutions Babe was still on the couch pinching himself.

The human continuously pinched himself harder and harder, his only reply being constant "Ow's..."