• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 2,219 Views, 61 Comments

The Eldest - Authora97



They have separated for over a millennia. My daughters know that I cannot bare to see them fight yet they continue. They know I hate to see them hurt each other yet they continue. They know I hate to see them cry yet they continue.

  • ...
8
 61
 2,219

The Statue

Canterlot. A home to mostly unicorns that go to the fanciest parties and wearing the fanciest clothes. Just about every building is made to look perfect, made of either marble or new bricks. The streets paved to perfection. Various parks filled with trees and foal’s playing. The entire cite sat on the side of the mountain, whether by magic or great planning nopony knew. It is also home to the two Alicorn Princesses.

Celestia, the elder, raises and lowers the sun every day. Her fur is white than fresh snow. Her multicolored mane flows in an invisible breeze. Magenta eyes filled with care and love.

And Luna, the youngest, that raise and lowers the moon every night. A mane like the night sky with a faint purple ring around it. It too flows in an invisible breeze. Her eyes are forest green with a deep sadness.

It wasn't always like this. For a thousand years ago the younger had turned evil, imprisoned on the moon for a thousand years. If not for the new Elements of Harmony, Luna would still be that terrible creature…

Nightmare Moon.

They have a castle, a large castle. Many rooms for many purposes. Bedrooms, Throne room, Dining Room, Library, Barracks, and finally an Observatory. What not a single pony knew, was there was a tunnel going down so deep it nearly reached the bottom of the mountain that led into the palace. This is where our story begins.

In the lowest part of this tunnel, almost three miles down and known as The Vault, is a room. The room itself wasn't all that special. It's what inside it that is special and was the reason is was so guarded.

It was about the size of a large bedroom, with another two sitting on top of it. Filling the multiple shelves placed inside were various stuffed animals and articles of clothing. A few smaller things, some paint brushes on one shelf as well as paintings of trees and birds. Another shelf held shoes, small and simple shoes. In one of three drawers rested some handwritten books, yes hand not hoof. The next held a blanket the same color as a rose on her brightest day. The third held something of little to no importance to it’s owner.

A medium sized golden tiara. It held six jewels, all cut into the smallest of orbs: a dark pink one, a bright blue, a bright pink, an orange, a ruby red orb, and a dark purple one.

On the back wall sat a painting, about the size of a pony. It held two young Alicorn fillies. One was white, with a light pink mane and tail. On her flank rested a sun in all its glory. The other filly was midnight blue, her light blue mane and tail were cut just like her sister's. On her flank was a crescent moon in a black splotch.

Their Mother and Father behind them. The mare had white fur, a horn and wings. Even though it was a painting one felt like the mane was moving. It was bright yellow with an orange glow around it. Her light blue eyes were staring at the painting but you could tell she wanted to look at the young figures in front of her. Her cutiemark was a sun with a silver heart placed behind it.

The Stallion was also an alicorn. His fur was the same shade as the young Luna. His mane and tail looked like they held every star in the universe and then some. His green eyes had scared many foes but his smile betrayed his anger. He flank was unseen as he looked straight at the painting, no turning what so ever.

The only thing taking out the seriousness of the painting was the fact that each Alicorn had a bunny resting on their heads just right as to look like the ears were a part of them. It was not what the family had in mind when they were doing the painting.

A fifth figure stood in the middle of them all, smiling a mile wide and looking like the statue placed in the center of the room but more color.

The statue was nearly as tall as Celestia, maybe a foot shorter. The details placed on her were almost exact to the original; the hair was falling below her shoulders, a dress of unknown color was covering her legs...

This statue wasn't of a pony. Nopony even knew what kind of creature she was. She stood on her two hindlegs. The front legs, she called them arms, were placed by her side.

Taking her curse with pride.

Hands with fingers were grasping the dress almost in pain, but her face showed no emotion minus a stone tear falling down her cheek.

She had wanted this. To be turned into stone. For the protection of her sisters and Kingdom. The room was designed to make sure nopony could come in until the creature inside could get out. And according to her it wouldn't
happen until a certain pony met her destiny.

But, that was so long ago. The Statue was beginning to wonder if she would ever get out.

A noise filled the room.

*BOOM*

crack

A single crack appeared on the statue.

The creature knew her imprisonment was nearly over.

A Sonic Rainboom was the first sign.


Many years later, still no movement unless you counted the dust moving around.

Suddenly, a voice filled the locked room.

"I passed the test!" The voice's words bounced around the room.

crack, crack

Causing two more cracks in the statue.

The Test of the Crystal Kingdom. The Second Sign.

Her time was so much closer.


Around a month after the second and third cracks appeared, the same voice filled the room.

"And I can say, that I consider myself the luckiest pony in Equestria to have such great friends."

The statue waited.

The shaking started. It kept going. More cracks appeared, each one shooting a light out from them as they appeared.

It was becoming so bright that if anything was in there they would surely be blinded.

*CRACK*


The dust started clearing, a small sound was heard.

*gasp*

The creature was free.

Her brown mane with golden tips looked around her home for the last three thousand years. The only sign that she had actually been imprisoned was the fact that there were no Alicorn fillies crying in front of her.

Stepping of the small stone plaque, she moved limbs frozen for far too long.

Her dress finally showed color. Midnight blue near the top, flowing into a sunrise by her feet.

The creature looked at all her things, then walked up to the stone door sealed back.

She stretched out both her hands and focused.

'Here I stand, stone no more

Wishing to be free from my prison before

Release your seal, held longer than any other

Allow me to see them, let us be reunited with each other.'

The door, surrounded in a prismatic glow, slowly began to disappear. Allowing the creature to walk out and towards the palace.

"Celly, Lulu, I'm finally coming home." It walked up to the stone door slowly closed.

The sounds of her footsteps the only sound filling the halls.

Author's Note:

Wow. Autocorrect hates me.
Comment like and fav!
And yes, I did add more to it.