• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 2,220 Views, 61 Comments

The Eldest - Authora97



They have separated for over a millennia. My daughters know that I cannot bare to see them fight yet they continue. They know I hate to see them hurt each other yet they continue. They know I hate to see them cry yet they continue.

  • ...
8
 61
 2,220

Equestria's First Eclipse

Her mind was going at a hundred miles an hour. Thoughts became humbled and confused. A feeling of anger filled her mind as she was magically moved throughout the palace halls.

For the first time in her life, Asa was unsure of what the future held. She did not like the feeling of the unknown.

After Celly had locked her in the dungeon, a magic collar was placed around her neck. It was one Asa could remove with a snap of her fingers. She had created the Magic Canceler. She was pretty sure this one was less powerful than the ones she used on Celestia and Luna when they were fillies.

Asa was in that place for an hour, then unicorn guards appeared and dragged her towards the Throne Room. A vision trying to come over her and she fought it with all her might.

Asa would not like what she saw.

After 'accidentally' walking into the door, Asa was pushed into the Throne Room. She noticed a few things.

1- Luna was there

2- Celestia was very mad

3- She had the Painting

It was her most treasured item. Asa was the reason the Alicorn's had bunny ears.

"Celly, you found it." Asa said as she was released from the magical grip. Falling to the ground.

Her wound had opened up after they teleported, Asa tried to use the cloth from her sleeves to cover it. It wasn't pretty but it helped.

Being dropped into the ground, not so helpful.

"What is this?" Celestia asked. Luna wanted to explain it to Celestia, but knew the effort was useless.

Luna remembered this painting. Her father and herself were enraged to find the ears. Celestia and their mother tried to hold back laughter. The painter had placed a magic on it with Asa's help to lock the ears on.

And after a quick search of the palace, Celestia had found the tunnel leading to the Vault. She saw the painting and knew this creature was insane.

"It's a Family Painting. It was commissioned a few months before Mom and Dad…" Asa was met with a glare she had only seen in visions of Fluttershy.

"What sorcery did you use to create this?" Celestia asked.

"The only magic used on that painting was a preservation spell. Made simply for the purpose of keeping that painting intact." Asa explained.


'Faust, I do not like the way this is going' A deep voice spoke from inside the moon to the mare inside the sun.

‘Neither do I Galaxy. I fear what the outcome is.’ Another more feminine voice replied.


Asa looked at her younger sisters. Fearful for what they were going to do with what could possibly be the last thing left of her parents. She had seventeen years of memory, but her heart wouldn’t take it if something happened to the painting.

Celestia continued to stare at the creature with hateful eyes.

“Why did you attack the Bearers of Harmony? How did you build that large tunnel? How were able to speak with the sun?” Asa blushed.

“You found out about that?”

“I have a connection with the sun, how couldn’t I? Now answer the question!” Celestia ordered. The harshness foreign even to herself.

“Or what?” Asa regretted these words. She finally understood why the painting was there.


‘Galaxy...’

‘I know Faust’ The moon began moving on it’s own will. For the first time in a long, long time.


Luna detected the moon’s movement, she noticed it’s surface slowly moving towards the soon.

“Sister, thou should stop.” Luna warned.

But the words fell on deaf ears, she was too focused on the creature in front of her.

“I said give me answers!” Celestia’s voice boomed.

“I’m telling the truth! My title is Queen Asa! I’m your older sister that was turned to stone. Please just put the painting down!” Asa cried.


‘I can’t stand to watch this any longer’ The sun cried.

‘I’m going as fast as I can go Faust’


“WE DEMAND YOU TELL US WHAT YOU ARE! WHAT YOUR BUSINESS IS HERE!” Celestia yelled. Asa was proud to see her sister achieving the Royal Voice, but that pride disappeared when she saw the small flame being held in a separate golden glow.

“SISTER WE DEMAND YOU PUT THAT FIRE OUT THIS INSTANT!” Asa yelled in her own Royal Voice.

“TELL ME WHAT I ASK OF YOU!” Celestia yelled.

“Sister... you really need to see this!” Luna said. Panicked.


‘Faust. Please just stay strong.’

‘My heart can’t take this.’ If the sun had eyes, she was sure she would be crying.


Celestia moved the flame closer to the oil painting.

“WHAT DOTH THOU WISH TO GAIN FROM THIS!” She yelled at the creature that had tears beginning to form in her eyes.

“Celly just please put it down! I know deep down you know me and about that painting so just put it down!” Asa cried.

“SISTER! THE MOON!”

Once again, Luna’s words went unanswered.


‘They have separated for over a millennia. My daughters know that I cannot bare to see them fight yet they continue. They know I hate to see them hurt each other yet they continue. They know I hate to see them cry yet they continue. Why do they continue to break my heart?’ Faust told her husband as he came closer and closer to blocking her view of the fight.

‘I do not know my dear Queen. I do wish to know’


“YOU WERE WARNED CREATURE!” Celestia yelled. With a swift movement, the fire and painting became part of one hold.

“NO!” Asa cried as the tears fell from her eyes.


‘NO!’

With that, the moon blocked the sun from Equestria. Keeping his wife’s heart from breaking any longer.


Asa ran to the now ashen remains of the painting, the realization about Celly hitting her hard.

‘I guess it’s true. Celly is gone. I’m so sorry Mom.’

With little to no effort, Asa removed the Magic Lock and teleported to Fluttershy’s cottage. Her midnight blue eyes full of tears.

Seeing the Eclipse didn’t make it any better.