• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 2,220 Views, 61 Comments

The Eldest - Authora97



They have separated for over a millennia. My daughters know that I cannot bare to see them fight yet they continue. They know I hate to see them hurt each other yet they continue. They know I hate to see them cry yet they continue.

  • ...
8
 61
 2,220

Planet of the Humans

Once Lyra and Asa finished laughing at Blueblood, they got back to their studies on Humans..

Sadly, they had to take a break for lunch. Meeting Celestia as they did. Lyra seemed happy to have somepony to speak with about humans. Asa was happy to know she wasn’t just some creature, that she had a name.

Of course, for lunch they had simple sandwiches. The kitchen staff had been told Asa couldn’t eat daisies, hay, grass or other flowers. So, Asa was given a PB&J shaped just like a heart.

She was halfway thru before Celestia walked in.

“Hey Celly, How was your fine morning?” Asa asked as she threw an apple towards Celestia.

It was gripped with a golden aura.

“It was alright Asa, until Blueblood stormed into my quarters. Demanding to know how a commoner got into the palace.” The white alicorn nodded at the mint green pony. “A pleasure to meet you Lyra Heartstrings.”

The musician smiled before getting back to her meal.

Asa smiled as well, laughing at her crazy arrogant nephew. “We know about Blueblood. He showed up in my room, thankfully I had a vision a few minutes before so I was able to hid Lyra and her things before Blueblood showed up.”

Lyra nodded.

Celestia laughed with her sister. Sometimes Blueblood was just a pain in the flank.

“So tell me Asa, how have things been going with the Human Research?” Celestia asked.

“Amazing!’ Did you know that apparently humans don’t have pink, purple, or yellow eyes! And that they only have dark colored hair like brown or black?” Asa cheered.

“And they talk so strangely..” Lyra explained. “Saying things like ‘anyone’ instead of ‘anypony’.”

“It seems like you two are having fun with this.” Celestia smiled. The two sounded like foals explaining how they found a flower to their mother.

“Almost too much fun.” Asa laughed before looking out towards the sun. “Come on Lyra, we should hurry before Blueblood shows up. I still don’t want to waste three hours getting you out of the dungeon.”

It was almost like the words were magic, for no sooner had they been spoken Lyra’s food was gone and she was almost rushing towards the door.

Celestia looked at her sister, questioningly. “How is it you always know what to say to ponies to get them to act?”

Asa shrugged. “It’s both a blessing and a curse Celly and it would be like explaining Pinkie Sense. Even as practical goddesses we can’t even think how she does it!”

Nodding at the truth of her sister’s words, Celestia got to her lunch.


The two got back to their talk almost the exact second they walked into Asa’s room.

With Lyra beginning the conversation.

"Now, there is one more thing I have on humans, the rest is just theory." With her yellow magic, Lyra pulled out another book. This one was thinner and had less pages.

"Oh...sounds interesting." Asa cheered.

Lyra nodded.

"Yep, it's about their planet!" Lyra cheered.

Asa first, stared at Lyra slack jawed.

"How do you know so much about humans?"

Lyra shrugged. "I don't know, I just know all this stuff."

Nodding, Asa simple said. "So, you have this magical knowledge about a race of creatures that nopony else knows about. Seems legit."

Sitting back in the chair, Lyra opened the book.

"It's huge. Almost as big as ours, it's filled with humans everywhere! They've searched the whole planet and every land has some form of human on it."

"Wow." Asa smiled, grabbing the book and checking some other pages in the smaller book. "This place sounds amazing. I almost wish I could see it." She thought.


Blood Dawn wiped her brow as she finally flew up into Canterlot. The ponies, they all looked so happy.

‘Ignorant foals’ Blood Dawn thought. ‘Do they even know that I have arrived to seal their fates? Or that their leader or that their leader is a thief?’

Grumbling, Blood Dawn began to walk, using her magic to quickly conceal her wings. She didn’t want anypony to know she was back, in case they alert that freak of a Queen.

Now, Dawn’s plan was meticulous at best. Sure it had it’s weak spots but all and all it was a decent plan. Her plan, was to foalnap Asa, take her to the Vault and leave her there. Taking her place would be easy after that.

A moment or so later, Blood Dawn was flying up to Asa’s window. Switching the disguising magic onto her horn instead of her wings. She heard the door open and was about to strike...

“Now, there is one more thing I have on humans, the rest is just theory.”

What? Who was that? Blood Dawn couldn’t have a witness to her crime! If that pony saw her take Asa then the public would find out in mere minutes.

“Oh...sounds interesting.”

There she was, that theif. Taking Blood Dawn’s home. Asa had practically taken what was rightfully Dawn’s. It was her’s and damn anypony who thought they could take it!

“Yep, it's about their planet!”

A planet full of freaks like Asa? Oh, this would help Blood Dawn.

‘I could probably send her there. Nopony would think to search there for her.’ Taking a quick look, Blood Dawn’s own midnight blue eyes saw Asa look thru the book on Earth. ‘This will certainly help me.’

Blood flew down to the palace garden. She clearly had some more plotting to do.


A little before Sunset, Asa took another walk in the palace garden. It was a nice place to get some quiet. Lyra had left an hour ago to get back to her home in Ponyville, making sure to leave behind the book on Earth for Asa.

After reading it for another hour, Asa decided to get some fresh air. Explaining her walking in the gardens.

There was another, slightly more questionable reason. One involving a certain draconequus. Yeah, she kinda liked him. Enough to see him again that’s for sure. So when she walked around the garden, Asa made sure to check and see if Discord was coming.

What she didn’t know, was that he was doing the exact same thing.

The two only met when they both turned a corner at the same time , bumping heads and falling to the grassy ground.

“Hey Discord, didn’t expect to see you here.” Asa lied after slowly getting back up to her feet. Hitting a horn hurt a lot more than she would think.

“Neither did I.” Discord joined in on the lie. Not wanting to get caught, he changed the subject. “How was your day? I bet it was chaotic.”

“Nope, the exact opposite actually. And right now I was planning to take a walk.” Asa explained, beginning the walk she and Discord would take around the garden maze.

“Aw, that’s not very exciting.” Discord groaned, making Asa laugh.

Taking a quick look back Asa tried to get a good look at Discord. He looked the same as before, weird arms, weird legs, weird tail and horns. His mane however...

“Did you brush your mane?” Asa giggled. It was a little hard with the dark fur, but you could tell the draconequus was blushing.

“No. You brushed yours.” He retorted.

“Yep, brush it every day.” Discord backed up, that didn’t go as planned. Asa however, was having fun.

Faking a gasp, Asa kept her face towards Discord. Practically walking backwards. “Were you expecting me?”

“No.”

“Liar.” Asa laughed. “Just admit it. You wanted me to show up...”

Discord remained silent as the two turned a corner in the maze.

“Say it.” Asa ordered.

“No.” Discord said.

“Say it.” Asa ordered, though it sounded more like a dare.

“Won’t do it.” Discord said, he couldn’t help but smirk.

“Say it... admit it. Say it I say!” Asa laughed, trying hard to sound serious.

This went on for another two minutes, involving various attempts from Discord to fane deafness, muteness and blindness. None of them worked. He couldn’t even escape when Asa had a vision (one about where he would hide of course, but he didn’t know that).

And neither of them could remember exactly how, but now they were in a wrestling position. With Asa on top and holding back DIscord’s lion paw while a Discord off to the side dressed as a referee called the game over to Asa.

“Come on Dissy....it can’t be that hard. Just say you were looking forward to seeing me and I’ll let it go.” Asa said, still unsure how she had earned 12 points of the scoreboard and DIscord having a grand total of 1.

“Never.” Discord said, he sounded serious but was trying not to laugh.

“Say it.” Asa laughed.

“Alright! Alright! Uncle, uncle.” Discord submitted as Asa finally let his arm go. The Referee Discord blew on his silver whistle, the scoreboard changed, giving Asa a total of 13 points.

After shaking off some dirt and cotton candy off her dress, Asa looked up at Discord.

“I’m ready to make it 14.” She dared.

Scratching the back of his neck, DIscord finally let out a small sigh;.

“Okay, I might have been looking for you out here.”

*DING* *DING*

Both turned to see another point given to Asa.

Smiling, Asa lightly punched Discord’s arm with the eagle talon.

“See? Was that so hard?” The human cheered.

“No, I guess not. Can’t believe you beat me, no one beats me.” Discord groaned while staring at the scoreboard.

Asa shrugged. “Could be worst. Could be 14-zip.”

The two nodded as the Referee Discord and the scoreboard disappeared in a snap of Discord’s fingers.

After a moment of peace, Asa had a slight skip in her step.

“Guess what I found out today.” Asa said cryptically.

“That the moon isn’t really made out of cheese? I tried to make it permanent but Luna said the cheese would’ve gone bad.” Discord joked.

Asa gave a small laugh. “No, but that was interesting enough.” She stopped and looked Discord right in the yellow and red eyes. “I learned what I’m am.”

“What? Like one of those silly cutiemarks?” Discord shrugged.

“No, like what species I am. I finally found it out today! It’s called a human and this pony named Lyra told me all about them. starting with....”

And that was how the hour progressed. Asa explaining what Lyra had told her about humans and Discord trying to listen and make attempts to bring humor. They all worked.


The only thing that was wrong, was that strange feeling Asa had that something was wrong and the pair of dark blue eyes watching from a bush. An evil gleam in it’s eyes as bits and pieces of a plan finished up in that sick and twisted thing it called a brain.

Author's Note:

Huh! Writing lovey dover scenes is not my forte. Sorry that it took so long!
Comment, like and favorite! I'm going to try and work on my romance writing simply because I don't know how to.