• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 2,220 Views, 61 Comments

The Eldest - Authora97



They have separated for over a millennia. My daughters know that I cannot bare to see them fight yet they continue. They know I hate to see them hurt each other yet they continue. They know I hate to see them cry yet they continue.

  • ...
8
 61
 2,220

Normal (For Us)

The next morning, Celestia awoke with a smile across her face. Today was a special day, one she didn’t think would be coming until she remembered Asa. When Asa disappeared, her title slowly faded away from existence which meant it needed to be put back. Her title as Queen of Visions, the Eldest Sister and, what Asa viewed as equally important, getting a room that she didn’t have to share with Luna.

Asa had complained that Lulu’s working all night was kind of keeping her up as well as the Royal Canterlot Voice Luna tended to use during Night Court.

There were some concerns however, mainly if some villain appeared. Two weeks of silence usually meant somepony would show up out of nowhere and it all started when Twilight became the Element of Magic.

Must be a coincidence.

After raising the sun, Celestia walked over to the dining hall, expecting a nice peaceful breakfast with her sister, Elements of Harmony, Discord and Blueblood.

*CRASH*

*CLING*

*SPLAT*

Spoke too soon.

Bursting into the dining hall, the Princess of the Sun saw quite the sight.

Asa covered in what looked like strawberry cake and icing. Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy trying to act as peacemakers. Blueblood arguing with Asa and the Royal Guards in the room. And Discord, keeping quiet.

Minus his laughter.

“What is going on in here?” Celestia asked. It was silent, yet the whole room silenced.

The Cake Covered Queen ran over to Celestia.

“Our Nephew accused me of lying! I lie but not about something as important as this!" Asa yelled.

Blueblood ran over to Celestia, looking enraged.

"Auntie this creature claims to be your older sister! How could I let such blasphemy stand!" Blueblood argued.

Celestia looked between her two family members at the six other ponies in the room, as though asking what was going on. Twilight flew over to her teacher, fully prepared to explain.

“Asa was already here, about to eat her breakfast when Blueblood came in, he called in the guards. When we arrived they had been arguing for ten minutes." Twilight explained.

"And Discord has been watching it all." Celestia pointed out. To which Twilight nodded.

“He apparently gave them the cake.” Twilight added.

To think, Celestia thought today would be boring.

"Celly could you please explain to Blueblood that I actually belong here!" Asa asked her sister from across the table.

"Auntie tell these guards to arrest this thing before she does something!” Blueblood yelled.

The Solar Princess thought hard, what was the best way to respond to this?

“Blueblood, stop yelling at your aunt.” Celestia explained.

“Now she has you believing your lies!” Blueblood screamed. “Guards take her away!”

Rolling her dark blue eyes, Asa looked sadly at the guards. It was as though to say sorry for causing this.

The two pegasi guards walked up to the girl, looking at the Princess to ask them to stop.

“Blueblood, she isn’t lying.” Celestia said calmly. Blueblood gave a mock laugh.

“Auntie she claims to be higher power than you! What else am I supposed to do?!” The Six ‘Peacemakers’ tried again.

“Come on! You can’t still think she’s a monster.” Rainbow Dash groaned.

“I will not be told by a peasant how to handle royal matters!”

Trying to keep calm so as not to hurt Blueblood (too much), Asa backed away from the two guards that hesitated arresting her.

Now, as one could imagine, living seventeen years as being something different than your family made you a victim of ridicule. Mainly about being a freak, adopted, monster. Even magic experiment gone wrong. So for Asa, somepony being called something low and degrading made her mad.

“Blueblood, I think that somewhere inside you is a good stallion even a good prince, but this is not the way to behave to ponies simply because they don’t have a fancy title. Which is wrong for these six, Twilight Sparkle a new Princess and Element of Magic, Fluttershy Element of Kindness, Rainbow Dash Element of Loyalty and the only pony who can perform the Sonic Rainboom on a will, Applejack Element of Honesty and hard worker at Sweet Apple Acres, Rarity Element of Generosity and High Class Designer, Pinkie Pie Element of Laughter.

“And me... Asa, Queen of Visions. We may not use our titles in our names whenever it is asked, but that does not mean we are lower than you. If anything, it shows we have the humility that makes us stronger.

“I suggest you march right up to your room and take a long break to get your act together.”

The white stallion looked at the girl with angry eyes, but it was slowly fading as he saw the determined look in her eyes.

“I mean before I decide to drag you by your horn.” Asa added.

Though he didn’t want to, the Prince held his head up high and left.

When the door closed, Asa was still covered in strawberry cake and vanilla icing. It was kinda sticky.

“I’ll be back later. Sorry for making a mess Celly.” Asa calmly walked to the door, trying not to get icing on the handle. She decided to just use magic. “See you at the ceremony.”

After the girl left, Celestia sighed.

“Could never have a surprise for that mare.”


While getting all the cake out of her mane, Asa began to think back on some of the names she was called growing up. Many of which came from trusted friends and advisors. A few were just ponies of the villages complaining about it. Sure a few made her think long about it, one even led to her parents explanation, but none of their words made her feel any better.

Even though ponies were peaceful they had their moments of cruelty. It was three thousand years ago, a lot of things have changed since then. Asa thought. Maybe some just didn’t.

Looking into the mirror to make sure she got it all out, Asa let out another confused sigh, looking down at her hands.

Why did she have these anyway? Was it something of fate? Karma? An obstacle she needed to get over? Maybe it was all just some spell gone wrong.

Asa mentally slapped herself. She has had thoughts like that before and it never led to good things. Never.

Taking a deep breath, Asa found one of the dresses made by Rarity for her. It looked almost like golden silk, soft like the breeze and easy to walk around in. This afternoon, ponies would make a choice about her.

Welcome her with open hooves or turn her aside.


An hour, plus one painstaking make-up session later, Asa was ready for the coronation. Her tiara was magically increased in size, making it look more like a Crown, and given an inscription...

‘The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.’ Asa liked how Celestia had gotten better at words, making them sound all prophetic.

Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and Princess Twilight all stood at the head of the room, wings out and heads high.

Ponies who had been unable to attend Twilight’s Coronation arrived for Asa’s, a few ponies from out of town brought their families, young and old. All eager to see what their new Queen looked like.

“Ladies and Gentlecolts, we have come today to celebrate a return. A return of one once thought lost to time. A return of one who gave her very life to protect those whom she cared for most. Her power of the future has saved not only Equestria but the lives of myself and my sister Princess Luna.

“So I present to you, for the first time in three thousand years, Queen Asa.”

The double doors opened, revealing Asa to the ponies standing inside the throne room.

The golden silk dress decorated her body all the way to the ground. Her mane had been made to fall beautifully around her head and the golden tips somehow shined in the light. Light blue eyeshadow had been placed around her eyes, making them pop. Rarity and Fluttershy felt proud of their work.

The hoofmares and guards following Asa began singing a song like the one they sang for Twilight.

When she arrived at the Alicorns, her Crown appeared in a golden glow.

Asa looked up at her family, happy to be home.

She turned to the crowd, beaming.

When they all walked to the balcony, revealing Asa to the crowd, the crowd cheered. It brought Asa's spirits up.

"Just over two weeks ago I returned home. Proud to see the place it has become during my absence. Proud to see the smiling faces. I have heard that at times it wasn't perfect but we pulled thru. That we won with our heads held high.

"My disappearance broke the hearts of many, but my return put four back together. I'm grateful to be back with my family. Grateful to see so many happy faces. Thank you everypony! Thank you!" Asa cheered from the balcony.

The crowd below joined in her cheers.

One, a mint green unicorn, was beaming. If her mare friend didn't believe her now, well now she has proof.

Humans existed and one of them was the Queen of Equestria.

Author's Note:

Next chapter. Tried not to be too sappy but sappy enough.