• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,853 Views, 512 Comments

Bully: Manticore Academy - the silver-maned pony



After being dropped off by her distant parents, Rainbow Dash must now survive in the toughest school in Equestria. As she makes new friends, she also makes new enemies. Will Rainbow Dash survive the onslaught? Read to find out.

  • ...
12
 512
 4,853

Chp 17: Greasy Slope

Winter Break had finally started at Manticore Academy. This meant great joy for the students as the majority of them would be leaving the school to spend time with their families. However, there were still a number of students staying at the school. The student’s reasons ranged from attending special seminars the teachers provided for students needing extra credit to not wanting to visit their families. It was the former reason that made Colgate and a number of other students wake up early in the morning to attend class. After about an hour or so, Colgate’s seminar ended and she hurried to her lockers to collect her things and enjoy the rest of her day as far away from the school.

As Colgate placed a book in her bag, she felt a sudden chill down her spine. She looked to the right and saw, at the end of the hall, a greaser looking at her from behind his locker. Colgate didn’t give the lone greaser much thought, so she continued taking her books. A second later, she felt another chill. She tried to shrug it off, but the chill persisted. She sighed and turned to where the greaser was and found that three more appeared and that they were all looking at her direction.

‘Crap.’ Colgate thought. She pretended that she didn’t notice the greasers so as to not alert them. Once she got her things, she closed her locker and quickly made her way to the stairs. Once she was sure that she was out of the greaser’s view, Colgate took out her phone and sent a text message to Aloe and Lotus, who were attending seminars on the same day, but on different floors:

‘Meet me on the ground floor. Hurry!’

Colgate was on the fourth floor, so she had a ways to go. She walked down the stairs to the third floor. She considered using the elevator, but a quick glance back showed that the greasers were already at the staircase. The elevator would take too long, so she just continued to speed walk to the next staircase. Unfortunately for her, the greasers picked up their speed as well.

Colgate reached the second floor and she was now moving at a light jog speed. She took out her phone again to text Vinyl, who was out shopping, to bring her limousine to the front of the school. Before she could even start to text, somepony grabbed her from behind and pulled her into an adjacent hallway. The moment she was grabbed, Colgate began a series of elbows blows to the grabber’s stomach. After the third hit, the grabber spoke, and Colgate recognized who it was,

“Relax, it’s me!” Rainbow Dash said as she struggled to keep her hold on the prep.

Colgate, however, did not relax. She instead increased the speed of her hits. Rainbow then turned Colgate around so she was facing the pegasus, and Dash punched Colgate’s solar plexus, momentarily subduing the unicorn.

“Sorry about that, but I’m doing you a favor.” Dash said. She then grabbed Colgate around the waist and dragged her down the hall and around another corner until they reached a janitor’s closet. Dash then dragged Colgate inside the closet and Dash locked the door behind them.

“Let go of me!” Colgate said. She continued to struggle until she managed to hit Rainbow’s nose. As the pegasus recoiled in pain, Colgate got into her fighting stance.

“Wait!” said a voice. Colgate turned and saw that Aloe and Lotus were right beside her.

The unicorn’s eyes widened and she said, “What are you two-”

“Shh!” Dash said. Everypony stopped talking and stood still as they all heard noises coming from the hallway.

“Where did she go?!” Somepony said. The girls knew that the speaker was a greaser.

“I don’t know.” said another greaser, “Come on, she probably went this way.”

The two greasers rushed down the hallway. Once the girls could no longer hear footsteps, Rainbow breathed a sigh of relief, “It looks like you three are safe for now.”

Dash turned to the preps and was punched in the face by Colgate. The unicorn then grabbed Dash by the collar of her shirt,

“Alright pegasus,” Colgate said angrily, “You have five seconds to explain why a couple of greasers were following me.”

Dash grinned, “Come on, Toothpaste. That’s kind of impossible, even for me.”

Colgate was ready to launch another punch when Aloe grabbed her arm,

“Hold on.” Aloe said, “Maybe we should listen to her.”

Colgate turned to Aloe and blinked, “Are you serious?”

Lotus stepped forward and said, “You aren’t the only one the greasers are stalking. Aloe and I were being followed this morning by the greasers, and it was Rainbow Dash that helped us get away from them.”

Colgate scoffed, “So what? Are you two now friendly with Dash? Haven’t you girls thought that maybe Dash sent the greasers after us?” She turned back to Rainbow, “You told Applejack, didn’t you?”

“If you let me go, I’ll tell you the whole story.” Dash said coolly.

Colgate glared at the pegasus before throwing Dash to the ground.

“Talk.” The prep ordered.

“Would it kill you to be pleasant?” Dash asked as she got to her feet.

“To you, yes.” Colgate answered.

“Aw, I love you too.” Dash said. Colgate bared her teeth and Rainbow chuckled, “Okay, chill out; I’ll talk.”
________________________________________
A couple of days ago

Dash was walking to overpass for her meeting with Applejack. It had been a couple of hours since she saw Colgate, Aloe, and Lotus humiliating Applebloom. Dash was still contemplating what she will say to Applejack as she reached the overpass and saw the greaser leaning against a wall.

Dash sighed and walked to Applejack. Once Dash reached her, the athlete said, “So, how are you doing?”

Applejack turned to Dash, “I’m actually pretty nervous.” She admitted, “What did you find out?”

Dash bit her lip and then said, “Well, I, um, found out that…” The pegasus stared at Applejack and thought about Rarity and the rest of the preps. The pegasus then sighed, looked Applejack straight in the eye, and said, “No preps are bullying your sister.”

Applejack glared at Dash intensely, but the pegasus didn’t flinch. She continued, “I give you my word; I didn’t see or hear any preppy punching, kicking, or beating your sister.”

The greaser continued to glare at Dash, who was hoping that her poker face was good enough to fool the greaser. Applejack eventually sighed, “Okay, I believe you. After all, your word is all a pony has. But, if you don’t mind, can you still keep an eye out about this bullying thing?”

“Sure thing.” Dash nodded.

“Thanks.” Applejack said. She began to walk away, but then turned back to Dash and smiled “Oh, by the way, what can you tell me about the preppies Colgate, Lotus, and Aloe?”

Dash’s stomach dropped and she momentarily lost her poker face, but she quickly regained it. However, it was to late. Applejack continued to look at Dash innocently, but there was a glint in her eyes that practically screamed ‘Gotcha!’.

“I-I don’t know them well.” Dash said, trying to sound convincing, “All I know is that they are close friends with Rarity, I think.”

“Okay. I only ask because I heard that those three preps are rather unpleasant. Anyways, thanks again for the help, Dash.” Applejack then tipped her hat to the pegasus before walking away.

Rainbow stared at the greaser as she walked away. The rainbow-haired athlete thought about how Applejack could give Twilight a run for her money in information gathering.
________________________________________
“You didn’t tell Applejack?” Aloe said in awe.

“Wow…well, thanks, I guess.” Lotus said.

Colgate was in deep thought. She paced around the closet and said, “So Applejack is suspicious. Well, it doesn’t matter. She won’t do anything without proof, which she doesn’t have.”

“But she might get some.” Rainbow said, “Which is why we need to do something now.”

Colgate raised an eyebrow, “Why are you trying to help us? Last time I checked, we hated each other. What’s your motive?”

Rainbow shrugged, “I don’t know. I guess it’s just that Rarity will be upset if anything happens to you three.”

“So you’re doing this to get Rarity’s favor.” Colgate said.

“No; I’m doing this so my friend won’t be sad.”

The preps looked at Dash as though she grew another pair of wings on her head. The pegasus ignored their looks and thought of how to get the three girls out of trouble. After a minute, an idea came to her.

“I think I’ve got it.” Dash said, “I think I know how to help you three. But first, I’ll need to get some supplies. You girls stay here for a couple more minutes in case there are any more greasers around.” Dash then exited to janitor’s closet and made her way to the school’s exit.
________________________________________
Twilight Sparkle was walking back to Manticore Academy with two bulging bags. She had just crossed the bridged that connected the school to Manticore town. She continued to walk, but then stopped when, up ahead, she saw two female greasers blocking her path.

Twilight rolled her eyes and thought, ‘Oh great’.

As the unicorn got closer to the greasers, she noted that they were twin pegasai with grayish, pale blue hair. She reached the greasers and walked around them, but one of the greasers grabbed her shoulders,

“Hold up, nerd.” The pegasus said, “Are you Twilight Sparkle?”

Twilight looked at the greaser and said, “No.”

The other greaser said, “Okay. Then do you mind telling us where Twilight Sparkle is?”

The greaser holding Twilight’s shoulder turned to her twin sister, “Are you really that stupid, Flitter? We know what Twilight looks like, and this is Twilight Sparkle.”

Flitter raised an eyebrow, “Then why did you ask if she’s Twilight, Cloudchaser?”

“To create a tense atmosphere, which you ruined. So shut up.” Cloudchaser said. She then turned back to Twilight, but the nerd had already escaped the pegasus’s hold and was walking away.

“Hey!” Cloudchaser said as she and her sister caught up to Twilight, “We were talking to you, nerd!”

“Well I can’t talk.” Twilight stated, “I’m busy.”

“You think you’re pretty cool, huh.” Flitter said, “With your…um.” The pegasus stooped down and rummaged through Twilight’s bags, “With your gift wrapping and your-”

Twilight took her bag away from the greaser and used her other bag to hit the prying pegasus.

“I knew that you greasers weren’t very cultured, but I at least thought you had some vague hints of what manners were.” Twilight said as she faced the greasers.

“You just made a big mistake.” Cloudchaser said as she got into a fighting stance, “We just wanted some information about your preppy friends, but it looks like you just want to fight.”

Fritter recovered from the bag attack and also got into a fighting stance. Twilight’s horn began to glow, ready to battle.

“HEY!”

The three ponies turned to the school’s direction and saw Rainbow Dash flying toward them. Dash landed in front of Twilight and she glared at the greasers, “Leave. Now.”

Cloudchaser glared as well, “Who are you to tell us what to do?”

“Um, sis,” Flitter said, “I think this is Rainbow Dash, and Applejack said to leave Rainbow Dash alone.”

Dash and Cloudchaser stared each other down. Twilight’s horn continued to glow as the unicorn slowly reached for her firecrackers. Flitter was staring at the pegasai nervously as she hoped a fight wouldn’t break out between the two. After a tense minute, Cloudchaser finally scoffed and said, “You are lucky.” She then walked away with her sister right behind her.

“No, I’m awesome.” Dash said. She turned to Twilight, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just a little annoyed.” Twilight said, “I thought today was going to be a tense-free day”

“You and me both.” Dash said, “Come on, I’ll walk you back to the dorm.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow and pointed to the academy, “Um, the school is right over there. I’m pretty sure I can make it by myself.”

“I’m not taking any chances. Things are starting to heat up with the greasers.”

“Already?” Twilight asked, “How do you always manage to anger every group you interact with?”

“Hey, I didn’t anger you and your nerds.”

“Well…” Twilight began.

“Oh come on! Seriously?”

Twilight giggled, “I’m kidding. I was just suspicious of you, but not anymore.”

“Good.” Dash said, “Now, let’s get you back to the dorm before more greasers come. You need any help with the bag.”

“I’m good.” Twilight said. She and Dash began to walk to school, “Besides, I have your Hearth's Warming gift in one of these bags and I don't want you to see it yet.”

“Nice.” Dash said, “You know, you can give it to me now. I mean, you’re going back home for the holidays, right?.”

“I’m not leaving until midnight before Heath’s Warming Day. That’s when you’re getting your present.”

“Fine.”

The two continued to walk for a while in silence until Twilight said, “I’m guessing you’re staying, correct?”

“Yep. With my mom and her ‘husband’ on that one year honeymoon cruise, I have nowhere to go.”

Twilight stared at Dash with a sympathetic look. She opened her mouth to say something, but then she stopped. They reached the dorm and Dash said, “Alright then. Now that you’re safe, I’m off. I’m expecting a great present from you, Twilight.”

“And I’m expecting a ‘thank you’ no matter what.” Twilight said.

Dash smile and ran to the border of the campus. Once there, she spread her wings and flew to the Manticore Town Sporting Goods Store, where she will find supplies for her plan to help the preps with their greasy problem.