• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,853 Views, 512 Comments

Bully: Manticore Academy - the silver-maned pony



After being dropped off by her distant parents, Rainbow Dash must now survive in the toughest school in Equestria. As she makes new friends, she also makes new enemies. Will Rainbow Dash survive the onslaught? Read to find out.

  • ...
12
 512
 4,853

Chp 6: Revelations

Rainbow Dash’s haymaker connected with a bullies face, resulting in a satisfying cry of pain as the bully fell to the floor. Dash looked down and saw it was another bully that Dash could not put a name on. Then another bully came from behind and put Rainbow in a full-nelson. Thinking fast, Dash stomped her feet on the bully’s toes and rammed the back of her head to the bully’s nose. After the grip was loosened, Dash turned around, tucked in her left arm, flapped her wings, and unleashed a pegasus-uppercut. The bully went flying and landed with a *thud*. Panting, Dash turned and saw the bullies she had just defeated. A total of 4 generic bullies circled her in front of the courtyard that led to the academy.

“Is that all you got?!” Dash cried, slightly breathless, “I thought you all were gonna make me regret what I did to your ‘leader’. Well I got a news flash for you; nopony can simply think they can best me!”

The sound of somepony clearing their throat broke Rainbow Dash from her rant. Turning around, she was sent falling to the ground as something connected with the side of her face. Through dazed eyes, Dash looked up and saw a familiar, chuckling silhouette.

“You have no idea how much I enjoyed that.” Berry Punch giggled, patting a 2X4 in her hands.

“Is that how you get your kicks Berry, by attacking somepony from behind? Though, I suppose it is the only way you can actually land a hit on somepony.” Dash said as she felt the bleeding cut on her left cheek.

“Still being a smartflank to the very end; I almost respect that.” Berry raised her 2X4, “Almost.”

She brought it down as Dash lifted up her arms to block the attack. Then a figured soared through the air and collided with Berry, knocking both of them to the floor. As Dash got up to thank the stranger, her heart dropped like a stone when she saw what the figure was wearing. She was wearing a navy blue jacket with the Manticore Academy crest, a red tie, and dark brown jeans; the uniform of a school prefect.

The prefect got up and walked toward Dash,

“Shouldn’t you be in morning class?” the prefect asked sternly.

“Shouldn’t you be doing your job of stopping all of the bullying in the school?” Rainbow Dash coolly, trying to stop the bleeding with the sleeves of her shirt.

“Clever. Let’s see how far that mouth of yours takes you Rainbow.”

Dash grimaced over the fact that prefects in the school now knew her by her first name. The prefect took a walkie-talkie from her belt and began to talk into it,

“Anypony that isn’t busy, please bring the nurse to the front of the school. I got 4 ponies in need of some assistance. I’m gonna be taking the two ponies who were fighting to the principal.”

“Hey, they were looking for a fight so I gave it to them.” Dash said.

“And that makes it so much better.” The prefect said sarcastically.

“Oh, by the way,” Dash pointed to her left, “you might want to deal with that.”

The prefect turned and saw Berry Punch running away.

“Wait here.” The prefect ordered Dash before flying after Berry. The prefect swiftly swooped past Berry Punch and planted her elbow to Berry’s nose. As Berry rolled on the floor in pain the prefect picked up her walkie-talkie again,

“Better make that 5 ponies that need the nurse.” The prefect looked up and saw Dash preparing to make a run for it. Thinking fast, the prefect picked up the dropped 2X4 and threw it with all of her might. The wooden plank hit Dash in the back of her head and she fell to the floor. Dash tried to get up and fly away, but she felt a strong grip on her arm,

“Alright enough!” the prefect snarled, “Now are you gonna come with me quietly, or are you going to make things worse for you?”

Rainbow contemplated of whether to stomp on the prefect’s foot and run for it, but she realized that the prefect was right; it would only make Dash look worse. Resigning to defeat, she let the prefect drag her up the stairs and into the school. Once inside, Dash made her way to the elevator, but the prefect pushed her to the staircase.

“Walk.” The prefect ordered, pointing toward the stairs leading to the next floor. Dash looked at her as though she grew a second head.

“Oh hay no!”

“Do it or else.” The prefect threatened. Dash would have loved to shown the prefect a thing or two, but she knew that giving a prefect a broken jaw would not go by unnoticed. Dash began to climb the steps; her only comfort was that the prefect would suffer the same fate she would. The only problem with that plan was that the prefect used her wings to easily fly to the second floor.

“Isn’t flying against the rules?” Dash noted.

“I won’t tell if you don’t.” The prefect said smugly as she sat perched on the railing. Mumbling darkly, Dash trudged on.

It has been a rough week for Rainbow Dash after the Nightmare Night festival (which, coincidently, was her most memorable Nightmare Night, but not for the reasons she hoped for.) Gilda was absolutely livid when she couldn’t get her hands on Rainbow Dash that she ordered the bullies to hunt her down. The only problem with that plan was that Dash was not as submissive as Gilda thought. Rainbow soon found out that there were a lot more bullies than just Berry Punch, Cherry Berry, Bon Bon, Lyra, and Daisy. Every morning, Dash fought 2-4 bullies at the same time. On the plus side, the school nurse got a raise for all the extra work she has been doing.

Rainbow Dash waited outside of the headmistress’s office until the she was summoned. Entering, Dash saw Spitfire wearing the same blue, military-style uniform and a pair of purple-tinted sunglasses. She was sitting behind her desk with her fingers crossed and a stern look on her face,

“Sit.” She commanded.

Rainbow Dash calmly walked to the small chair in the middle of the room and sat down.

“Let me start off with a question.” Spitfire said, “Do you even want to be in this school?”

“I suppose so.” Dash said casually, “It’s either this or military school. But at least military school has a better hold on their students.”

Normally, Dash would try to hold her tongue when speaking to an authority figure, but after a week of fighting after fighting, her patience was growing thin.

“Are you criticizing the way I run my school?” Spitfire asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Not criticizing, just pointing out the obvious. Ever since I entered this school, all I saw was bullying after bullying. Why don’t you try doing something about it, ma’am?” Dash added the last part with a tone of contempt.

“Do you really think I don’t try to stop the bullying?” Spitfire said dangerously, “I have done all I can, but that doesn’t mean a thing if I the students don’t do anything to help stop the bullying.”

“That’s what I been doing since I got here!”

“Oh really,” Spitfire said in mock surprise, “is that what you were doing during Nightmare Night?”

“What are you ta-”

“Don’t play innocent. I know for a fact that you were bullying the griffon named Gilda.”

“I am not a bully!” Dash cried indignantly, “I was just teaching Gilda a lesson.”

“By being a bully.” Spitfire countered, “If you really want to stop bullying, then report it for to a prefect or teacher.”

“That might work in an after-school special, but this is real life. And in real life, the student gets the living crap beaten out of them once the teacher it out of sight.”

“Two wrongs do not make a right.” Spitfire said loudly, as she stood up, “if you fight bullying with bullying, then it will be an endless cycle. You must be the one to break that cycle. If not by reporting it, than try any other means except bullying. Do I make myself clear?”

Dash sighed, “Yes.”

“Yes, what?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Good, now get to class. And if I hear any more of your fighting, then there will be dire consequences.”
________________________________________
The academy bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Dash, now sporting a bandage over her left cheek, joined the mob of students as they exited the academy. She made her way to the dorm without a confrontation with the bullies, which confused Dash as they were usually waiting for by the girl’s dorm. She entered the dorm and saw that nopony was around. She made her way to her room when she heard static. Following the noise, she entered the rec room, which was deserted except for one pony, and saw that the T.V was on. Dash made her way to the T.V to turn it off, but stopped when she saw Lightning Dust sitting on the couch, watching the static.

Dash has not seen or heard from Lightning Dust since Nightmare Night. As Dash got a closer look, she saw Lightning’s hair was not as sleek as it normally was and that there were some bags under her eyes as though she hasn’t slept in days. Lightning was completely focused on the T.V. Her hands were tapping her lap irritably, as though she was waiting for something.

“Lightning Dust, what are you doing?” Dash asked.

Lightning’s head shot up from the T.V,

“Well, well, well,” Lightning said as she got up to turn off the T.V, “the prodigal son returns.”

“Lightning, what the hay were you doing?”

“Nothing much; the static from the T.V always soothes me. Now come one,” Lightning said excitedly as she walked out of the rec room, “we got work to do.”

“Hold up Dust, where have you been? I haven’t seen you all week.”

“Oh, I’ve been around.” Lightning said dismissively, “Now hurry up, we can’t waste any time.”

“Fine, let me just put my bag in my-”

“No time!” Lightning said rather loudly as she pulled Rainbow out of the rec room, “We are going to deal with the bullies once and for all.”

“Hold up.” Dash stopped in her tracks, “Listen Lightning, I like messing with the bullies as much as the next pegasus, but I can’t get into any more trouble. I can’t get expelled again.”

“Oh boo hoo!” Lightning said rather angrily, “You know, it isn’t always about you Rainbow Dash. Don’t you remember our plan so I- I mean we- can rule this school. After that, the bullying will stop. Isn’t that what you wanted?”

“Well yeah, but…” Dash was torn. It was either risk expulsion, or stop bullying.

“Think about Scootaloo,” Lightning urged, “and those nerds you help. They’re always being bullied. Don’t you want to help them?”

Dash thought of all the times she saw them suffer from bullying. And with that, she turned to Lightning Dust with a resolved smile, “You’re right. So what’s the plan?”

“Oh,” A smile slowly formed on Lightning’s face. “It’s a surprise.”

Alarm bells began to ring in Dash’s head. The voices of Twilight, Soarin, and Scootaloo began to shout warnings. They were telling Dash to turn the other way and get as far away from Lightning Dust. Dash ignored the voices and followed Lightning Dust.

They stepped out of the dorm and began to walk to the side of the academy. As they passed the parking lot, Dash saw Lyra and Bon Bon standing idly. The bullies glared straight at Dash, but did not charge at her.

“What’s wrong now?” Lightning Dust asked when Dash stopped moving. She saw what Dash was glaring at and sighed annoyingly, “Don’t worry about those two. They won’t pick a fight with you like the ones in the morning.”

“Wait a minute, how did you know I fought this morning?”`

“I’ll tell you later!” Lightning Dust snapped. At this point, Dash was beginning to get suspicious, but she still followed Lightning Dust.

They continued until they were in front of a set of stairs that led down to a blue door.

“Now can you tell me where we’re going?” Dash asked.

“The school basement.”

“Why?”

“It’s a surprise.” Lightning said excitedly, but Dash also noted a hint of grim in her voice.

They opened the door and entered into a large grey room. Dash saw that there were cleaning supplies scattered across the floor and she heard a hissing noise, no doubt steam coming from the countless pipes overhead.

“This way.” Lightning said as she pushed open a pair of double doors.

The two pegasai walked for what seemed a good five minutes. They kept entering room after room as Lightning led Dash to whatever it was she had planned. Eventually, they entered a room with a large furnace and, strangely, pumpkins that littered the floor.

“Just a little further.” Lightning said as she walked through a narrow hallway. She stopped when she heard an excited, “ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.” Turning around, Dust saw Dash, looking excited as a young school filly getting a new doll, holding an old radio that she found beside one of the many pumpkins.

“What are you doing?” Lightning said completely dumbfounded, “Chuck that thing and follow me.”

“I’ll be right back Lightning,” Dash said quickly as she put the old radio in her bag, “I just have to have a quick chat with somepony.”

“Do that later!” Lightning barked, “We’re almost there!”

Dash sighed and followed Lightning. They walked for another minute or so until they were in one of the largest room Rainbow Dash has ever seen. The room was completely round and had a set of steel doors surrounding it. In the very center of the gargantuan room was an exceptionally large bird-like cage. Lightning Dust entered the cage via an open door and she motioned Dash to follow her. Dash walked up to the cage entrance and was able to see inside.

About 8 feet below was a large, circular, concrete area. It reminded Dash of miniature Roman coliseum. Dash flew down and stood on the concrete floor. She looked up and saw that the cage was another 25 feet high from where she stood. There were also 4 caged doors on each side of the cage.

“Welcome to The Hole, Dashie” Lightning smiled as she presented the vast arena, “Back in the old days of M.A, students would challenge each other in a one-on-one fight in front of a roaring crowd.”

“O.K,” Dash said, slightly confused, “so what does this have to do with stopping bullying.”

“A lot of fights took place here.” Lightning said reminiscently, completely ignoring Dash. She wasn’t even looking at Rainbow, “but all of that was put to an end when the prefects found out about the fights. They thought they put an end to The Hole, but students kept sneaking back in to settle scores.

“However, there was one more thing The Hole did.” Lightning finally turned to Dash, who recoiled slightly. Lightning’s arrogant expression changed to one completely void of emotion, “The Hole weeded out the weak from the strong.”

There was a moment of silence until Dash said cautiously,

“What’s that supposed mean?”

“Don’t you get it Dash?” Lightning said in a cold voice, “You’re weak.”

“You want to come over here and say that to my face?!” Dash said as she got into her fighting stance.

This only made Lightning chuckle humorlessly,

“Come now Dash, we both know you won’t hit me.” To prove it, Lightning walked in front of Dash and placed her face in front of Dash’s fist. She held it there for a couple of seconds and Dash did not throw the punch.

“Like I said, you’re weak.” Lightning said as she pulled back her face, “That’s one of the things that makes you weak Dashie; your loyalty. I was your first ‘friend’ in this school, so now you can’t hit me. When your strong, you don’t need anypony else.

“But that’s not the only thing that makes you weak. You’re weak because you show compassion for the other weaklings in this school. Like those nerds you help out. At first, I thought you were just helping them just so you can use them. For a split second, I thought you were finally becoming strong. But then I realized you were helping them just because you wanted to help them. Compassion makes the heart weak.”

Lightning suddenly lifted up her leg and delivered a powerful roundhouse kick to the side of Dash’s face. Lightning quickly took Dash’s satchel and flew to the cage door. Rainbow got up and flew toward Lightning, only to see Lightning grab the super slingshot from Dash’s bag and fire it. Rainbow recoiled in pain as the fast-moving marble connected with her forehead and Lightning took this chance to close the cage door.

“Just as I thought,” Lightning said in disgust as she put the slingshot back in the bag, “only the weak need weapons.”

“Now what?!” Dash said as she flew up until she was at eye level with Lightning, “Are you just gonna leave me here?”

“No, that won’t solve my problem.” Dust said as she circled the cage.

“What problem?!”

“Don’t you get it? I’m going to take over this school! The bullies, nerds, preppies, greasers, jocks, in this school are weak. I’m the only strong pony here. It is my right to take over this school.”

“You’re insane! I thought we were friends!”

“Please don’t insult me. We were nothing more than acquaintances at best.” Lightning began to walk to the edge of the room where a large lever was placed.

“My plan to take over the school is perfect. There is only one snag. You see, in this world, there are the strong and the weak. However, there are some ponies that are weak who think they can challenge the strong.” Lightning Dust turned to Dash and glared at her with the coldest eyes Dash has ever seen, “You, Rainbow Dash, are one of those ponies. You are no doubt going to be a thorn in my side, so it’s time to break you.”

Lightning Dust pulled the lever and all of the steel doors surrounding the room opened. From the doors poured in ponies from every clique of the school. Dash didn’t recognize any of the greasers or preppies, but she did recognize Score, Lily Valley, Pinkie Pie, Caramel, Junebug, Sparkler, Lemon Heart, and Twilight Sparkle. Dash did not see any of the bullies.

“Rainbow Dash!” Somepony cried. Dash looked and saw Scootaloo standing near Lightning Dust. The young pegasus looked like she was about to have an anxiety attack.

“Fillies and Gentlecolts,” Lightning Dust announced, her coldness replaced with the usual arrogance, “welcome to The Hole: Manticore Academy’s very own Roman Coliseum. Let me introduce to you our first challenger. The new kid in the school, she has been expelled from 7 other schools, has a more dysfunctional family than all of you here, you know her, you hate her, Rainbow Dash!”

There were cheers, boos, and polite clapping from the crowd.

“And now the challenger; She is the meanest student in this school, she loves to beat up just about anypony, the nerds hate her with a passion, the leader of the bullies,-”

“Oh no.” Dash sighed as she descended to the ground floor.

“I present you,” Lightning walked toward the cage and opened the door. A brown blur flew past Lightning, through the door, and landed right in front of Dash. “GILDA!”

The crowd cheered as the two combatants were now in the arena.

“Didn’t I say you were gonna get it?” Gilda said with a livid smile as she glared at Dash. Gilda was a good 4 inches taller than Rainbow.

“Any other time you want to fight, I would be only too happy to do so. But not right now.” Dash said as she walked past Gilda and pointed at Lightning Dust,

“If you’re so strong, why don’t you come down her and fight me?!”

“Because Gilda is the one that has beef with you. After all,” Lightning said loudly, “you’re the one who kept saying that Gilda’s dad is a drunk and her mom is really ‘friendly’ with the neighbors.”

“I never said that!”

“Don’t go lying now Dashie. And you were also the one who played all of those nasty pranks on Gilda.”

“You pulled pranks on Gilda too!”

“No I didn’t.” Lightning said with a mischievous smile, “All I did was tell her about all the things you did and were going to do. Oh, by the way Dashie, you might want to turn around.”

Dash turned only to have Gilda’s right hook connect with Dash’s left cheek, reopening the wound from she got in the morning.

(This is the author speaking. If you want something to listen to while you read this, I would suggest this or this. Enjoy. P.S, it is not mandatory to listen to the music. All credit for the music goes to whoever made them.)

“And there is blood already!” Lightning shouted gleefully as most of the crowd roared for more.

“Get up.” Gilda snarled. Dash got to her feet, wiping the blood from her cheek. Gilda charged and went for a left hook. Dash quickly ducked down, flapped her wings, and performed a pegasus-uppercut. The crowd cheered as Gilda nearly fell backwards.

Rainbow didn’t let up and charged at Gilda. She proceeded with a series of jabs to Gilda’s face. After the 6th jab, Gilda grabbed both of Dash’s arms and performed a judo throw. Dash groaned in pain as Gilda grabbed both of Dash’s legs and threw to the concrete wall with a loud *thud*. Even though griffons aren’t as fast as pegasai, their strength can sometimes rival an earth pony’s strength.

The crowd continued their cheers. Now they were chanting things like,

“Finish it!”

“I got 50 bits on the griffon.”

“Put that pegasus in a body bag!”

The nerds and Scootaloo were the only ones who were shouting support for Rainbow Dash.

In the arena, Dash scrambled to her feet as Gilda flew toward her. Instead of dodging right away, Dash waited until the last moment and ducked down. Gilda didn’t stop and her fist connected with the concrete wall and there was the sound of a nasty crack.

“Buck!” Gilda shouted as she massaged her right fist, which left a small crack on the wall. Dash quickly did another pegasus-uppercut and Gilda slammed to the wall. Thinking fast, Rainbow Dash used her right arm to keep Gilda pinned to the wall and she used her left arm to deliver body blow after body blow.

“Yeah, you can do it Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo shouted as the crowd cheered and booed.

Dash continued her assault, but she failed to see Gilda’s knee rising up. Dash stumbled backwards and Gilda delivered a vicious stomach punch, causing Dash to double over in pain. Gilda then performed a double axe hammer on Dash’s head and she fell to the floor face first. Dash turned her head to the side to see Gilda grinning victoriously,

“What’s wrong Rainbow Dash?” Gilda shouted as she kicked Dash’s face with her boot, “Don’t you have some smartflank remark to say.”

“You better hope you didn’t break my nose.” Dash grinned as she wiped blood from her bleeding nose.

“There it is.” Gilda said as she began to kick Dash’s stomach repeatedly. The crowd continued to cheer and this time, the nerds and Scootaloo who were the ones leading the booing,

“What’s the matter Gilda,” Scootaloo shouted as a groan of pain managed to get out of Dash’s mouth with every kick, “afraid of fighting Dash in a fair fight?!”

Gilda planted one more strong kick before turning around and facing Scootaloo,

“You think I’m afraid of her?!” Gilda shouted, “I’m not afraid of anypony. If they want to fight, then I’ll give them a fight. It isn’t my fault if they can’t keep up with me!”

Gilda turned back to Dash, only to be sent to the floor by a vicious clothesline. This received a couple of painful groans from the viewing audience.

“Hey Gilda,” Dash panted as she looked down at the griffon, “here’s some advice; don’t start gloating when the fight is still going.”

“Then let’s end this!” Gilda said with an eager grin as she massaged her throat. She got up and did a simple punch, which Dash easily side-stepped. Gilda smiled and immediately got behind Dash and grabbed her by her midsection.

“What the-” Dash began to say, but stopped when she felt herself being lifted off the ground as Gilda performed a German Suplex. The crowd groaned as they saw Dash’s head smash to the concrete floor. But it wasn’t over as Gilda, who still didn’t let Dash go, got up and did another German suplex. Dash felt like she was about to pass out as Gilda got up again and did one final German suplex. This time, Gilda let go of Dash mid-suplex and she flew to the middle of the arena and fell like a rag doll.

“RAINBOW DASH!” Scootaloo shouted, “GET UP!”

It was no use as Dash continued to lay motionless.

“I’m not done with you yet!” Gilda snarled as she picked Dash up by her head, ignoring the small amount of blood that tainted the rainbow hair, “I have to show everypony here what happens when they mess with me.”

Gilda proceeded to punch Dash’s motionless body repeatedly. The only sign that Rainbow Dash was still alive were the sharp sounds of pain that escaped Dash’s mouth with each punch. It wasn’t a pleasant sight for anypony. The nerds were staring in horror as the assault continued and Scootaloo was on a verge of tears. Even the ponies that weren’t very fond of Rainbow Dash watched with disgust. Except for Lightning Dust, who merely saw the fight with a curious look, as though wondering how much longer Dash would survive. Finally, it was Twilight who walked up to the nearest cage door and tried to shake it open.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Lightning Dust asked as she walked toward Twilight.

“Putting a stop to this.” Twilight said simply as she shook the door more vigorously.

“You’re probably going to need these.” Lightning twirled a ring of keys around her fingers. Twilight made a grab for them but Lightning chuckled as she pocketed them.

“Give me those keys Dust.” Twilight commanded.

“Sorry, but you know the rules of The Hole: The cage doors won’t open until the fight is over.”

“The fight is over!” Twilight practically shouted, “Rainbow Dash has had enough!”

“Please, if even half the stuff that Dashie boast about is true, then this is nothing to her.”

“Then take a second look because this fight is over!”

“Twilight, relax. See,” Lightning pointed to the arena, “this is fight is almost over, but not quite.”

Twilight turned and saw Gilda holding Dash from behind by the midsection again. Gilda took to the air and began to circle the entire area, slowly gaining speed. After a couple of cycles, Gilda flew straight to the top of the arena and dropped like a stone, ready to slam Dash to the ground.

Time seemed to slow down as the ponies watched Gilda and Dash get closer and closer to the ground. 30ft from the ground…25ft from the ground…20ft from the ground.

At 15ft from the ground, something miraculous happened. Dash’s eyes suddenly burst wide open; her cerise eyes were now completely alert. Dash proceeded to spread her wings and Gilda, completely shocked by her sudden vitality, loosened her grip. Rainbow then turned around and grabbed Gilda by her midsection, trapping Gilda’s arms in the process. With their roles reversed, Dash began to flap her wings rapidly, causing the two to fall to the floor even faster than before. At the last second, Dash positioned herself until she was on top of Gilda and Gilda crashed to the floor, the sound of the impact echoed throughout the entire room.

Dash slowly got up and was greeted by the dumbfounded crowd.

“Um, what’s going on?” Dash asked the crowd, “You all look like you seen a ghost.”

“Rainbow Dash, but…how?!” Twilight exclaimed, completely flabbergasted.

“What, did you all really think Gilda beat me?” Dash shook her head, an arrogant smile plastered on her face, “it’s going to take a lot more to do me in.”

Even as she said this to the confused and impressed crowd, Twilight could see that Dash was in pain. Any other pony that went through the same abuse would have been unconscious a long time ago. It was thanks to Dash’s endurance for pain she developed over the years and sheer willpower that she was able to stand up.

Dash turned back to Gilda, who was still lying on the floor. Dash knew Gilda would be back for more, so Rainbow had to end it here and now. She began to run around the arena before taking to the air. Just like Gilda, Dash began to circle the around the cage. The only difference was that Dash was faster and eventually, she became a rainbow blur. She went to the very top of the cage before speeding down toward the Gilda. Everypony waited with baited breath as Dash got closer and closer to the downed griffon. With only a couple of feet left, Dash lifted up her elbow and aimed it at Gilda’s stomach. Then there was the sound of Gilda’s anguish cry of pain. It lasted for a few seconds before the griffon fell into unconsciousness.

After getting beaten repeatedly and flying as fast as she can in her state, the exhaustion that Dash tried to ignore was now too much for her. Too tired to get up, Dash flopped on her back and laid next to Gilda. Rainbow then thrust her fist in the air victoriously,

“The name’s Rainbow Dash!” she shouted with a cocky, and slightly pained, grin, “The toughest pegasus in this school! Remember that!”

The crowd, led by the nerds, cheered for Rainbow Dash; the winner. Then there was the sound of a cannon and confetti filled the room,

“Woo-hoo, that was the coolest thing ever!” Dash recognized the voice as Pinkie Pie, “It was so awesome when Dashie was all hurt and unconscious, but then she got all better and threw Gilda to the floor. And then she went to the air and was all swoosh, whoosh, swoosh and then she went down and BOOM. We should have a party! It’ll be called ‘Dashie beats bully Gilda’. *GASP* I need to start planning.”

And with that, Pinkie dragged her jock friends out of the basement. Eventually, other ponies began to leave, some richer than others thanks to their bet winnings. Soon the only ponies left were the nerds, Scootaloo, and Lightning Dust.

“Well that was entertaining I guess.” Lightning Dust said as she tossed the keys to the cage to Twilight, who began to open the door, “Well, I best be on my way. I have a lot of planning to do.” And with that, Lighting began to walk away, but turned toward Dash, who was still lying down,

“Looks like you’re a harder nut to crack, but you’re still weak. I’ll give you fair warning; if you try to get in my way, you will regret it.” And with that, she left.

The cage door opened and the nerds entered The Hole via ladder while Scootaloo glided down toward Dash.

“You were so awesome Dash!” Scootaloo exclaimed when she was next to the rainbow-haired pegasus.

“Did you expect anything differently?” Rainbow joked as she wearily got to her feet.

“That was amazing Rainbow!” the nerd Dash recognized as Sparkler said.

“It was pretty impressive.” Twilight nodded, “except for the part where you were unconscious.”

“I wasn’t unconscious!” Rainbow said, her pride slightly wounded, “I was just…resting my eyes.”

Everypony shared in a laugh, which abruptly ended by the moans of Gilda waking up,

“We should probably get out of here, like now.” The nerd Caramel said.

They began to walk away, but they soon stopped when they realized Dash was staring intently at Gilda.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, what’s wrong?” Scootaloo asked.

Rainbow ignored her and walked toward Gilda. The griffon finally opened her eyes and lifted up her head groggily, only to find Dash standing in front of her.

“What do you want now?” Gilda said venomously as she massaged her stomach. Dash glared at Gilda for a couple of seconds as words from a certain pegasus principal rang in her head. Then Dash extended her hand toward Gilda.

“What the-” Gilda began but Rainbow cut in,

“Listen, I never said anything about your family. Lightning made all that up. And I’m sorry about what happened at Nightmare Night, I mainly did it because Lightning told me, but I won’t lie; I did enjoy it.”

Gilda stared at Dash and her hand and with a confused expression. Then, to the surprise of everypony, Gilda took the hand and Dash pulled her to the feet. Once up, Gilda held Dash’s hand for a second before pulling her closer and delivering a head-butt, knocking Rainbow to the floor.

“That’s for Nightmare Night.” Gilda said.

Dash clutched her now bruised forehead,

“Son of a b-” Dash began, but stopped when she looked up and saw Gilda had extended her hand, which Rainbow took.

“What just happened?” Caramel asked nopony in particular. He got no response as everypony else was just as confused.

“I got a say Dash,” Gilda said as she help Dash to her feet, “you sure know how to throw I punch. I kind of have to respect that.”

“And you sure know how to beat somepony senseless when they’re down.” Dash replied with a smile.

“Well I get a lot of practice.” Gilda chuckled.

Everypony else could only stare in amazement as Dash and Gilda exchanged complements of fighting skills. Twilight’s only reasonable explanation for this was that Dash’s and Gilda’s personality paralleled each other so much, that it was only natural that the two could get along.

“So,” Scootaloo asked after a moment of silence, “are you to, like, friends now?”

“I don’t know.” Gilda said, “I still think Rainbow’s a prat.”

“And I still think Gilda is a bitch.” Dash added.

Everypony expected the Gilda and Dash to go at each other’s throat after this, but they merely looked each other like old friends.

“Let’s try this again.” Dash held out her hand, “The name’s Rainbow Dash.”

Gilda shook the hand, “The name’s Gilda.”

“O.K it’s official,” Sparkler said, “I’ve entered another universe where Gilda is not a complete brute.”

Gilda turned toward Sparkler threatenly, “Did somepony just say they wanted to get a swirly?”

Sparkler eeped and stayed silent.

“Hey Gilda,” Rainbow said, “I’m gonna have to ask you to stop bullying.”

Gilda’s eyes widened in surprise,

“Give me one good reason why?”

“Let me rephrase it; Stop bullying the nerds and Scootaloo. They’re so weak that you can knock them down with one finger,”

“You know we can hear you, right?” Caramel said indignantly, but Rainbow ignored him and continued,

“They don’t need to be bullied. However, that doesn’t mean you have to stop completely. There are a lot of students in this school, like the jocks, that need a good beating. They have to learn that they can’t do everything they wanted. And, you and your bullies get to prove to everypony that you can take anypony.”

“I do like the sound of a tougher challenge.” Gilda grinned at the thought, “Faust knows how boring it got when the nerds barely put up a fight.”

“We’re still here!” Caramel shouted, “Are we invisible or something?”

“Great.” Dash said, completely disregarding the nerd, “So we got a deal.”

“You know it. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to find Lightning Dust and make her regret ever tricking me.”

“Mind if I join you?”

“Not at all.”

Gilda and Dash high-fived and got ready to fly, only to have Twilight grabbed both of them by their shoulder.

“Oh no you won’t.” Twilight scolded, “both of you are going straight to the nurse’s office.”

“Do you really think you can tell me what to do egghead?” Gilda said.

“Don’t worry Twilight, we’re fine.” Dash assured.

Twilight stared at the two of them before she delivered a right-hook to Gilda and a left-hook to Dash, both of whom fell to the floor and were moaning in pain.

“You see that; your fight has taken more out if you then you thought. If I can knock you two down with one punch, then you stand no chance against Lightning Dust. Now get your flanks to the nurse’s office.”

“Yes ma’am.” Rainbow and Gilda both groaned.

Author's Note:

Hey there. Just giving you a heads up that the bully arc of the story is now finished. But, that does not mean that the bullies will be ignored for the rest of the story. If you played the game BULLY, than you know who to expect next.

I also want to make a note about the introduction of each of the mane 6. We so far introduced Dash, Twilight, and Pinkie. Rarity will be introduce soon and Applejack some time later.

Fluttershy...

Yeah... she won't be appearing until much much later. Now, that is not to say that she will have a small role. She will, indeed, play an important role in the story. So if you're a Fluttershy fan, please have patience.

Hope you guys enjoy the story so far, and I hope you stick around for more. /)

P.S Feel free to comment on anything about the story you like or don't like. I'm always wondering what improvements I can make. (\^-^/)