• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,853 Views, 512 Comments

Bully: Manticore Academy - the silver-maned pony



After being dropped off by her distant parents, Rainbow Dash must now survive in the toughest school in Equestria. As she makes new friends, she also makes new enemies. Will Rainbow Dash survive the onslaught? Read to find out.

  • ...
12
 512
 4,853

Chp 12: And it keeps going and going...

Editors:Sandvich Brony, LavenderWallFlower


Junebug was running for her life in the streets of Manticore Town. Right behind her was Drizzle, a pegasus nerd with dull saffron hair. The two nerds rounded a corner and tore down the sidewalk. They were about to round another corner when Colgate appeared behind it. The nerds immediately stopped and ran back in the direction they came from, only to see Vinyl Scratch blocking their path. The preppy jerked her head to the left and Junebug turned in that direction to see a dark alleyway.

“We’re trapped!” Drizzle said in a panicky voice.

“I noticed.” Junebug said, equally as panicky.

The two nerds were herded into the alley, which was jammed with trashcans that was brimming with, well, trash. They walked for a couple of yards until the preps were sure that they would not be seen. Then Colgate grabbed Junebug and pinned her to the left wall and Vinyl did the same to Drizzle on the right wall.

“We didn’t do it!” Drizzle squeaked the moment Vinyl pinned her to the wall.

“Relax,” the DJ said coolly, “We aren’t going to hurt you. We just want to talk.”

“Talk is cheap.” Colgate snarled.

“Come on, toothpaste, don’t be like that.”

Colgate took her eyes from Junebug and glared at Vinyl, who returned it with a friendly smile. Drizzle and Junebug looked confusedly at the two preppies. While Vinyl looked as though she didn’t have a care in the world, Colgate looked tensed and volatile.

“Anyways,” Colgate said as she returned her gaze back at the nerd, “Let’s get down to business.” She threw Junebug to the ground and stepped on her back, “I want you and your little friend to apologize to us.”

“Apologize to what?!” Drizzle exasperated, “Why are you even picking on us?”

“Yeah,” Junebug grunted as she tried to push against Colgate’s foot, “we didn’t do anything to you.”

“Oh, really?” Colgate said innocently, “Well then, I guess Vinyl and I misheard you when you called us, what was it again?” she snapped her fingers, “Oh, that’s right: ‘Contemptible, Callous, Cows’.”

“We’re sorry!” Drizzle said, “We didn’t know you were around!”

“Yeah, that doesn’t exactly make it better.” Vinyl said, but she sighed and grinned, “But you apologize, so I guess we’re done here.”

The unicorn released the pegasus and the nerd’s eyes widened in shock.

“Really?” She said, surprised that there wasn’t a scratch on her.

Vinyl shrugged, “Yeah, I’m not really the type who takes insults to heart. I usually just let it bounce off me. Come on, toothpaste, let’s get a move on.”

Vinyl began to walk, but stopped when she noticed Colgate hadn’t moved an inch from her position.

“Not yet.” She growled as she continued to glare at Junebug, “Not until she apologizes.”

“Come on Junebug, please.” Drizzle urged her friend.

Junebug looked at her friend, then the preppies, and sighed, “No, I won’t apologize.” Colgate chuckled emotionlessly as Junebug continued, “I won’t apologize for saying the truth. I am tired of being afraid of saying what I really feel. Maybe I’ll apologize to her,” she nodded toward the DJ, “because she seems sensible, but not to you, Colgate.”

Colgate’s irises shrunk and she stomped on Junebug. Almost immediately, Vinyl grabbed Colgate and pulled her away from the nerd while Drizzle, now looking fearful, hovered over Junebug protectively.

“Easy, Colgate, don’t blow a top.” Vinyl soothed.

“No, I had enough.” Colgate looked slightly deranged, “I will not be called callous, I will not be called a cow, and I will not be called SECOND-RATE!”

Junebug and Drizzle were momentarily confused by the ‘second rate’ part. As they pondered what it could mean, there was a sudden slurping sound. All four ponies turned and were surprised to see Lyra, drinking what appeared to be a milkshake. Next to her was Bon Bon, who was standing next to an open trashcan. The two ex-bullies were staring intently at the other four ponies.

“Oh, please, don’t mind us.” Lyra said.

“Yeah, pretend we’re not here.” Bon Bon said eagerly, “We really enjoy watching drama, and I really want to know what that ‘second-rate’ part was about.”

“Although,” Lyra nonchalantly stepped toward the other ponies, “I could do without the whole ‘beating up the nerds’ stick. I mean, if we have to stop doing it, then so should you.”

Colgate’s eye involuntarily twitched while Vinyl said the thing everypony was thinking, “What are you two doing here?”

Bon Bon answered by shoving her arm into the trashcan she was standing next to. She then pulled out a small black bag, “This is our stash of pranking gear. We’re gonna leave the football team a little surprise in their locker room.”

“Then why don’t you go and get on that.” Colgate said in a final tone.

Lyra scoffed, “Whoa, you don’t tell us what to do.”

“Yes I can because I was bred for it. Unlike you, who was bred just to keep breeding.”

Lyra chuckled lightly and rolled her head back. She then took the lid of her shake and tossed its content toward the preppy’s face. Colgate gasped as her face and cashmere sweater dripped with the white substance.

Lyra giggled, “Hey, Bon Bon, look, she’s all wet and covered in white. Is it Saturday night already?”

Vinyl punched herself in a stomach to stop herself from laughing. Colgate, however, took a deep breath and punched Lyra in the face. The bully unicorn went sprawling to the ground as Colgate closed in. Bon Bon quickly stepped in, but Vinyl pushed her aside,

“Hold up there. It wouldn’t be a one-on-one if you stepped in. But if you still want to fight, I’m available.”

Bon Bon growled and lunged at Vinyl. The bully threw a wild hook and Vinyl easily dodged it. The prep then threw two successful jabs and grounded the earth pony with a knee to the gut. As Bon Bon fell, Lyra fell next to her, her face covered in bruises.

As the preps closed in, they felt something hit their heads from behind. They turned and saw the two nerds standing up, holding pieces of trash as weapons.

“Leave them alone.” Junebug and Drizzle they both said at the same, most of their fear now gone.

Vinyl looked impressed, and Colgate looked livid,

“Look at this, Vinyl,” she said, “The nerds want to be heroes. Well let me tell you something about heroes-”

Colgate suddenly stopped and fell face first to the ground. Everypony’s mouth dropped and they saw a single marble rolling next to the downed preppy’s head.

Everypony turned to the direction from where the marble came from and they smiled. Vinyl shouted, “Hey, long time no see! How’s my favorite fan doing?”

Colgate, who was slowly getting to her feet, stopped moving when she heard Vinyl say ‘fan’. Her eyes widened in horror, “No, please Faust not her.”

She rubbed the back of her head as she stood and turned around. She saw who the assailant was and screamed, “Rainbow Dash!”

“I love it when my admirers say my name.” Dash said arrogantly as she strode to the small group. She was holding the slingshot that Twilight gave her. She then pulled out a marble from her pocket, aimed her slingshot, and fired the small object. It struck Colgate on her forehead and she recoiled.

“Nice shot.” Vinyl complemented.

“Thanks, V.” Rainbow Dash replied with a friendly tone.

Everypony else stared agape at the two; since when was Rainbow Dash a friend of a preppy? Colgate was the first to voice out everypony’s confusion,

“Vinyl,” she said calmly and coldly, “do you have some information you wish to indulge?”

The DJ shrugged, “No, not really.”

Colgate glared at Vinyl and Rainbow Dash until the preppy got the message,

“What? That Dash here is my acquaintance?” Vinyl said confusedly.

“So this harlot is your friend?!”

“Friend is kind of a strong word. I still think she’s a complete tool, but she’s kind of okay. She has great taste in music.” Vinyl added slyly.

“Oh, Vinyl, thanks again for the iPod.” Rainbow said, grinning at the expression on Colgate’s face, “I really like track 6.”

“You’ve been giving her presents?!” Colgate practically exploded.

“Yep.” Vinyl responded nonchalantly, “After the whole fiasco at Rarity’s house, I bumped into Dash on the street. We talked; she said she liked my music, so I gave her my old iPod with my first attempts at Dubstep.” She turned to Dash, “You should listen to track 13; that’s where I find my sound.”

“Cool.” Dash smiled.

“Okay, I’m done.” Colgate said exhaustingly. She patted away the dirt she got on her clothe from the fall, “I’m done.” She repeated, “I am not going to let that rainbow slacker push my buttons anymore. We’re leaving Vinyl.”

“Hold you horses.” The athlete said as she got closer to the preppies, “You’re not going anywhere.”

Colgate rolled her eyes and stared at the bane of her life, “And why is that?”

Dash looked toward Junebug, Drizzle, Bon Bon, and Lyra, who were nursing their wounds, “I can’t let their bully walk away without a scratch, now can I?”

Colgate and Dash took a step toward each other, but Vinyl stepped in between them. She then turned to Dash, “Whoa there, Skittles.” Vinyl chuckled at her own joke, “Let’s take a step back and do something I rarely do; calm down. I’m all for a good slobber-knocker, but you two will probably turn this into second-degree murder. So, Colgate, come on and we’ll get you some nice apple cider, or that other fruity stuff you like.”

Slowly, very slowly, Colgate let Vinyl herd her away from the athlete and there were soon walking out of the alley. Rainbow, wanting to get the final say, shouted to the preppies, “Hey, have fun trying to get your parent’s approval.”

From a distance, she could see Vinyl laughing, but was quickly silence by a smack from Colgate. The DJ then turned around and shouted back, “We will! Have fun with welfare!” And with that, the preppies were gone.

“Thanks for the save, Rainbow.” Junebug said while Drizzle vigorously shook the athlete’s hand.

“Yeah, you helped us in a jam.” Lyra said and Bon Bon nodded in agreement.

Rainbow smiled humbly, or at least tried to, “What can I say? I’m just that kind of mare.”

“But how did you know what the preppies were doing?” Drizzle asked, “And how did you know where to find us?”

“You see, my dear nerd,” Dash loved all of the attention, “when you become as amazing as I am, you will get a six sense. I call this six sense the Hero Sense. Now, with my hero sense, I was able to hear your-”

“You were walking around and just got lucky, didn’t you?” Junebug said shrewdly.

“Okay,” Dash said slowly, her bravado now gone, “That is the less awesome version of the story. My version was way cooler, but whatever.”

Everypony laughed at Rainbow’s expense. Lyra picked up her milkshake cup; she sighed, “What a waste of a good drink.”

Bon Bon patted Lyra reassuringly, “Don’t worry; we’ll get you another one.”

“And these two will pay.” Dash said enthusiastically as she pointed to the two nerds.

Junebug and Drizzle were dumbstruck by this proclamation. They were about to voice their confusion, but Rainbow silenced them and ushered them toward the bullies,

“You girls really need to start hanging out with each other. I didn’t work my flank off trying to stop the bullies from messing with the nerds just so they could ignore each other.”

“You know,” Drizzle said thoughtfully, “she’s right.”

“She is?” Lyra asked.

“Yep, so why don’t you let Junebug and I treat you two. Think of it as our way of saying thanks for stopping Colgate from rearranging our faces.”

The bullies shrugged, “Sure, why not.”

Everypony left the alley way, with the nerds and the bullies going one way and Rainbow Dash going the other way.

“You’ve done well, Dash, you’ve done well.” Rainbow told herself as she wandered around the town aimlessly, “I should get a medal.”

As the pegasus contemplated what other awards she should get, she heard two familiar voices up ahead,

“I keep telling you that I have no control over the prices! If you’re upset, then speak to the management.”

“Don’t lie! It was one bit yesterday, and now two bits today! Just because I’m nice now doesn’t mean I won’t throttle ponies that try to take advantage of me.”

Dash ran toward the voices. She turned a corner and she found herself standing in front of a store with a green sign that read, ‘Convenience: We sell everything!’ The sign had a giant bit over the motto. Dash looked up and saw Gilda flying a couple of feet above. She was dangling the nerd Sparkler by her legs.

“Well,” Dash said loudly, catching the attention of the other two, “looks like you two are getting along just fine.”

“Sup, Dash,” Gilda said casually, “Give me one second while I deal with this dweeb.”

“Rainbow,” Sparkler said. She tried to sound bored, but there was a hint of worry in her voice, “please tell this ignoramus to let me go.”

Oh, is that what you wanted?” Gilda said innocently, “Well why didn’t you just say so?”

Gilda released her grip and Sparkler plummeted to the ground. The nerd closed her eyes and screamed. Dash causally held out her arms and caught the falling nerd, who was still screaming. The pegasus noticed Sparkler was wearing a green apron that had a bit plastered on it; the nerd worked at the convenient store.

“Sparkler, calm down.” Dash chuckled at the scared nerd.

Gilda descended, muttering under her breath, “Drama queen.”

Sparkler slowly opened her eyes and finally stopped. She got off Dash’s arms with as much dignity as she could muster and bowed slightly, “Thank you, Dash.”

“You wouldn’t need her help if you didn’t try to rob me.” Gilda said

Sparkler was about to retort, but Dash placed a hand over the nerd’s mouth, “Okay, what the hay happened?”

“This little twerp wanted me to pay double the price for a bottle of soda.” The griffon said.

Sparkler removed the hand from her mouth and was about to say something, but Dash held up four bits,

“Two sodas, please.” Dash said. Sparkler smiled, took the money, and returned to her job.

“I don’t know why you baby them?” Gilda said, glaring at the place Sparkler stood, “There just annoying bastards who get an inflated ego if you let them.”

“They’re not that bad.” Dash defended, “They just don’t have a lot of practice with having confidence since it is always beaten out of them.”

“Oh, so now it’s my fault!” Gilda growled.

Dash raised an eyebrow, “Chill, Gilda. What’s up your flank?”

Gilda sighed, “It’s just not my day today. Not only do I have the nerd trying to con me, but earlier, a couple of preps tried to play me.”

“The preps? What did you do to them?”

“I don’t remember. All I know that the preppy twins walked up to me and started insulting me.”

“What did you do?”

“I don’t really know. My vision kind of turned red. When I could see again, the preps were gone. Although,” A small smile formed on the griffon’s face, “my fists were very sore afterwards.”

Sparkler returned to the two flyers and handed each of them a bottle of soda. She then handed Dash two bits.

“I gave you the employee’s discount.” Sparkler said.

Gilda, who was in mid-drink, spewed the soda, “What?! Why didn’t you give me the discount?”

“Because I like Dash more than I like you.” Sparkler said simply.

Gilda started toward the nerd, but Dash held up an arm.

“Fine.” Gilda said, backing away, “If you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go blow off some steam. I’m gonna go pay the preppies a visit.” She turned to Dash, “Unless I can’t do that either?”

Dash smiled, “Go ahead. In fact, I encourage it.”

“Finally!” Gilda shouted, “I get to have some real fun now!” She stared at Dash for a second before saying, “Want to tag along? I like having a crowd to see how badflank I can get.”

“You know what,” Dash said thoughtfully, “I think I will come with you. It’s about time I take the fight back to the preps.”

“That’s what I’m talking about.” Gilda held up a hand and Dash high-fived it. The two felt invigorated by their upcoming battle.

“Is that all what you’re gonna do?” Sparkler asked the two, “Just beat them up?”

“Well, yeah.” Dash said, confused.

“That’s a bit disappointing, and pointless.” Sparkler said. She saw the other two’s expression and continued, “So you beat them up, then what? They’ll just beat you up and the cycle never ends.”

“So what do you want us to do? Go and give them hugs?” Gilda exasperated.

“Trust me, Sparkler,” Dash said, “I tried to be all buddy-buddy, but those rich snobs just don’t listen.”

“That’s not what I meant.” Sparkler said, “I’m talking about sending a message to them, and not a physical message. I remember a couple of years ago; there was this jock that was as cruel as they come. I’m talking about the type of jock that tortured every kid in the school. One day, he went after Twilight because she didn’t let him copy her homework. So, the jock dumped a vat of maple syrup and a bucket of feathers on her during lunch.”

“Amusing, but why are you telling us this?” Gilda asked.

“And can you give me the name of the jock that pranked Twilight?” Dash said, cracking her fist, “I think I’ll give the guy a visit.”

“That won’t be necessary, Dash.” Sparkler said. She turned to Gilda, “And I’m getting to it. Anyways, Twilight decided to get even, and she didn’t need brute force. So that night, she snuck into the boys’ dormitory, hacked her way into the jock’s room, and covered the entire place in the frilliest things imaginable. She then dolled up the jock and took a lot of pictures. And she finished her revenge by super gluing fake teeth and goofy glasses on him. When the jock woke up, he found his room covered in pink and large pictures of himself and his costume plastered all over the school. He was so embarrassed that he had to transfer out. Boy,” Sparkler sighed as she looked up nostalgically, “that was a good day to be a nerd.”

Sparkler turned her gaze back at Dash and Gilda, who had their mouths opened.

“What?” Sparkler asked.

“So you’re saying,” Dash said, “that Twilight, our Twilight, pulled the greatest and most traumatic prank in Manticore Academy history.”

“Yep.”

“I’m kind of disappointed.” Gilda said, “Here I thought I was a menace to the little nerd, but she didn’t even come after me like she did with the jock. Then again, she could have been scared.”

Sparkler rolled her eyes, “First off, Twilight mellowed out as she got older. She became less of a psychopath and more of a sociopath. Secondly, what makes you think she doesn’t have dirt on you, Gilda?”

Gilda blew a raspberry, “Like she can even touch-”

“May 16th of last year.”

Gilda thought about the date for a second before her face became red, “How in Tartarus did she-”

“Don’t worry; she won’t do anything with it. She probably would have eventually if Dash hadn’t come and calmed you down a bit. Anyways, I’m telling you two this because you have to be more creative if you really want to hurt your opponent.”

Dash pondered, “The preps really love their image…”

“So let’s trash their gym.” Gilda insisted.

“That’s not big enough. I say we trash one of their homes.” A light bulb flickered on in Dash’s head, “I say we send a message by trashing Rarity’s house!”

“The fashionista?”

“Yeah, she’s their leader. So we hurt the leader, we hurt the whole clique.” Dash turned to Sparkler, “Can you get us everything you can that can deface a house?”

“I’ll get it with a smile!” Sparkler said excitedly as she rushed into the store, leaving behind a very eager looking Dash and Gilda.

Author's Note:

I keep on breaking my chapters now because I want to write way too much in a short time. I have got to learn to manage time better.