• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,853 Views, 512 Comments

Bully: Manticore Academy - the silver-maned pony



After being dropped off by her distant parents, Rainbow Dash must now survive in the toughest school in Equestria. As she makes new friends, she also makes new enemies. Will Rainbow Dash survive the onslaught? Read to find out.

  • ...
12
 512
 4,853

Chp 9: Bonding and Boxing pt1

This chapter was proofread by Sandvich Brony and LavenderWallFlower (A.K.A. my sister).


“My turn,” Rainbow Dash told Soarin as the two sat side by side on Soarin’s beaten up mattress, “when you were in the Wonderbolts, did you ever take performance enhancers?”

The older pegasus barked a laugh, “Oh please, I was so good that performance enhancers only slowed me down.” Dash laughed at the comment, “To actually answer your question; no, I never took them. However, I was offered at times. Now, Dash, when was the first time you were ever trounced in a fight?”

Rainbow grinned as she sighed, “It was my first fight in the first grade. Some earth pony took my lunch and I tried to take it back. I was flat on my back with a bloodied nose in the first minute. But, that was the only time anypony ever got the best of me in a fight.”

“Besides Gilda.” Soarin added, earning him a playful punch from Rainbow. The two continued to ask questions about their past. What had originally been a plan for Dash to coax free lessons from Soarin has turned into a strange form of bonding. Every week or so, the two pegasai would meet up and talk, mostly about each other’s life.

Eventually, it was Soarin’s turn to ask, “So, I’ve been hearing that you’ve joined some boxing club in town. Is it true? Have I been replaced?” he added playfully.

Dash grinned, “Come on Soarin, I could never replace you, no matter how hard I try. Anyways, I did join the preps’ boxing club last week. I mainly did it because I heard Lightning Dust was getting cozy with the rich ponies. Now I’m just waiting to run into Dust, but I haven’t seen her yet. But the boxing club isn’t a complete waste.” Dash patted her right bicep, “With all of the waiting I do, I manage to get some training in the gym.”

“Good to hear you’re actually training without me.”

“Yep. So, how did you know I joined the boxing club?”

“Two days ago, I overheard two preppies talking about their club. Then I heard your name and I put two and two together. I also heard a nickname that the preppies seem to have given you: Le prétentieux cancre

Le prétentieux cancre,” Dash mused, “I have no idea what it means, but it sounds cool. I think I’ll keep it.”

“Suit yourself.” Soarin said. He didn’t tell Dash, but thanks to all of his time touring Prance during his Wonderbolt days, he knew that the nickname translated to The Pretentious Dunce.

Rainbow stood up and began to stretch, “Alright, I think that’s it for today. Same time next week?”

“Sure. But, Rainbow, be careful when your with the preppies.”

Dash looked at Soarin curiously, “Why? The preps seem alright. They’re snobby to the point I want to smash their faces, but they’re generally O.K.”

“Just…don’t act like a prat when you’re near them.” Soarin didn’t tell Dash the meaning behind the nickname mainly because he knew she would do something stupid and rash if she found out. However, he also wanted the teenage pegasus to be alert, “Promise me you won’t do anything stupid.”

Dash chuckled at the request, but under Soarin’s stern sight, she sighed. Rainbow then stood in a mock scout’s honor stance, “O.K Mr. Paranoid, I promise I won’t do anything stupid.”

“Thank you.” The homeless pegasus than settled down on his bed and sighed, “But knowing you, you probably will do something stupid anyways.” Dash rolled her eyes at the little quip. She made sure that her new, two pound weights were perfectly secured before exiting the fenced off area.

Dash made her way back to the girl’s dorm. It was a Monday afternoon and the pegasus didn’t really have any plans for the rest of the day. The preppies have told her that there was no meeting today, so she thought she would get her skateboard and ride around town. As she walked toward the dorm, she thought of what had happened since she joined the boxing club.

Whenever Dash wasn’t in class, she was at the gym, waiting. She waited until night, but Lightning Dust never showed up. But Rainbow didn’t waste her time in those hours at the club. She would use the boxing equipment to train herself and she participated in sparring matches with some of the junior members; the pegasus was currently with 4 wins and 0 losses. Rainbow also noticed that her punches were slowly getting stronger and faster, which only increased her arrogance in the ring. All of these achievements, however, came at a price. Unbeknownst to Dash, the preppies were beginning to resent her for her victories and how she carried herself afterwards. To the preppies, it was there right to be and act superior, not some poor, blundering pegasus.

Dash opened the door to the dorm and walked in. She walked down the small hallway and was about to turn right when she saw the rec room ahead. The T.V was on and was showing a highlight reel of the Wonderbolt’s Derby from the previous year. One thing that was always constant with Dash was her love for the fastest fliers in Equestria. She quickly made her way to the rec room and jumped over the sofa and sat down. As soon as she sat down, she was startled to see Scootaloo slumping right next to her.

“Whoa squirt, didn’t see you there.” Dash said casually.

The small pegasus didn’t respond. After a while, Dash noticed that Scootaloo looked down in the dumps.

“Yo, Scootaloo, what’s wrong?” Dash asked. Scootaloo still didn’t respond. Dash got fed it and gave a hard tap on Scootaloo’s head.

“Ow!” Scootaloo cried. She turned her head and saw Rainbow Dash with a suspicious look, “Rainbow, what’s wrong?”

“I should be asking the same question. Why do you look so gloomy? Did somepony take your bits? Because if they did, just tell me, and I’ll have a chat with the prick.”

“No, it’s not that.” Scootaloo said, a sad frown forming on her face.

“Then what is it?”

Scootaloo was silent. Dash was about to repeat herself when the small pegasus sighed and said, “It’s just like the old days.”

Dash blinked, “Huh? What do you mean?”

“The old days,” Scootaloo repeated as she sighed deeply, “the days where I’m by myself, as always. Nopony wants to hang out with a pegasus who can’t even fly. The closest thing to a friend I had was Lightning Dust, and she only hung out with to make herself feel superior. But…at least I wasn’t left out anymore.”

Rainbow was at a complete loss of words. She had been so used to seeing Scootaloo as this energetic pegasus who was always looking for ways to prove her worth. But this Scootaloo, who was alone and sad, was completely alien to the rainbow-haired pegasus.

“But then,” Scootaloo said as a sad smile formed on her face, “all of that changed when you came along.” She turned to Dash, “I saw you taking on the bullies without any fear and I thought that was the most awesome thing ever. But what was even more awesome was that you let me hang out with you. You even managed to stop Lightning Dust from picking on me so often. And for a moment, I thought I had a real friend. But, then Lightning betrayed you and you became obsessed with finding her. I guess I wasn’t as important as Lightning Dust to be remembered.”

“You know what, enough!” Dash said angrily, “Stop right there. Who said that we weren’t friends anymore?”

“If we were still friends,” Scootaloo said, taking the offensive, “then when was the last time we hung out, or so much as talked to each other.”

Dash thought about it for a moment, something that infuriated her, until she snapped her fingers, “It was about two weeks ago, remember?”

“Oh, I remember, but do you remember?” Scootaloo asked sadly.

Dash began to recollect what happened two weeks ago.
________________________________________
The Girl’s Dorm
“So Dash,” Scootaloo asked, “what do you want to do after we are do-”

“Hold that thought squirt.” Dash said as she pounded a door on the 3rd floor. A startled unicorn opened,

“Y-yes, can I help you?”

“Yeah, do you know a pegasus named Lightning Dust? And if you do, do you know what her room number is?”

“Sorry, I don’t know who you’re talking about.”

Dash stared suspiciously at the unicorn until the unicorn became frightened and closed the door.

“Damn, another dead end.” Rainbow said angrily as she walked toward the next door and began to knock, “I’m sorry Scootaloo, you wanted to say something?”

“Yeah, I wanted to know where-“

Rainbow shushed the small pegasus, “Do you hear that squirt? Laughter.” Dash began to knock louder, “Lightning Dust! You in there?!”

There came the sound of more laughing behind the door.

“So she is in there, laughing at me!” Dash said angrily. She began to pound the door even harder, “Lightning Dust! Get your sorry flank out here so I can kick it!” The laughing continued and Dash had had it. She took a couple steps back and prepared herself to knock the door down. As soon as she charged, the door open, there was the sound of an explosion, and Dash was thrown to the opposite wall. The pegasus was covered in streamers, confetti, and what looked like chocolate cake.

“What the hay?” She said as she got to her feet. From the opened door, Pinkie Pie came out, wearing pink overalls, a bandana, and grease marks on her face.

“Whoops,” the earth pony giggled as she walked over to Dash and helped her to her feet, “sorry about that Dashie.”

“Pinkie, what are you doing?” Dash asked as she saw Pinkie’s clothing. The earth pony pointed inside her room and the two pegasai saw a large cannon inside.

“I was just working on my party cannon Mark 2. I designed it to fire food, but I’m still working out some of the kinks.” Pinkie added as she saw the destroyed cake that covered Rainbow.

Dash got up, wiping most of the party stuff off, and asked, “Pinkie, have you seen Lightning Dust?”

Pinkie mused for a moment, “Hmm, nope, I haven’t seen her since your big fight with Gilda. Why are you looking for her? Do you need to ask her something?”

“Yeah, something like that. Well, see ya around Pinks.”

Pinkie waved goodbye two the pegasai and closed the door to her room. As soon as the doors closed, there was the sound of heavy machinery working.

“Wow,” Scootaloo said as Dash knocked on the next door, “Pinkie Pie sure is random, right Dash?”

Rainbow grunted in response. After another fruitless interrogation, Dash walked over to the next door.

“Hey Dash,” Scootaloo started again, but was caught off by Rainbow,

“Listen squirt, I’m sorry, but I can’t hang out today. Maybe some other time.”

“Oh,” Scootaloo said, looking crestfallen, “alright. I guess I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah, sure.” Dash said absently as she continued her crusade.

“Well, see ya.” Scootaloo sighed and left. Dash didn’t bother to reply or look away from the door in front of her.
________________________________________
Back in the present, Dash pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance to her tactlessness.

“Oh crap.” She sighed.

“So you finally remembered.” Scootaloo said hollowly, “Well, I guess I can’t blame you. I’m mean, why would anypony bother to hang out with a worthless pegasus like me?”

“SHUT UP!” Rainbow shouted, frightening the small pegasus, “Shut up right now! First off, I’m sorry that I’ve been ignoring you, and trying to find Lightning Dust is no excuse for what I did. But don’t ever call yourself worthless.”

“Why not?!” Scootaloo said angrily, close to tears, “If I’m not, then why am I always alone?”

“Because you don’t show other ponies the real you! But you showed me the real you. Sure, you can be a bit of a pushover,” Scootaloo hung her head in shame, “but you are a true friend. Remember that time in Nightmare Night when you warned me about Lightning Dust. Sure, I didn’t listen, but you tried to help me. You risked getting the living Tartarus beaten out of you by Lightning, but you didn’t care; you just wanted to help me. To me, you’re one of the best friends I ever had.”

Swept up in the sappiness of her little speech, Rainbow hugged Scootaloo, much to the surprise of the small pegasus. Slowly, the small pegasus returned the hug,

“Do you mean it Dash?” Scootaloo asked.

“Every word of it.” Dash replied, still hugging the pegasus. Scootaloo sniffed as she wiped her eyes, still not letting go of the rainbow-haired pegasus.

“Scootaloo,” Dash said softly, “please don’t cry. If you do, then this whole thing would get too sappy for me to handle.”

“O.K.” Scootaloo said. Dash was glad to hear a smile in Scootaloo’s voice. The two continued to hold each other.

“Um, squirt?” Dash asked.

“Yeah?”

“I should tell you that this is the first emotional hug I ever gave, so I have no idea when to stop. So, can you just give me the heads up when to let go?”

“Sure.”

“O.K Dash, I think that’s enough.”

The two immediately pulled apart. Scootaloo tried to regain her exposure, “So, what do we do now?”

Dash stood up, “What we do now is what we should have done a long time ago: hang out. Wanna go and check out the town?”

“Sure,” Scootaloo said excitedly, “let me go get my things first.” And she sprinted out of the rec room and toward her room. Dash, now feeling considerably better, went to her room, picked up her skateboard, and waited outside of the dorm. She brought along her skateboard in case Scootaloo wanted to ride it, but that proved unnecessary as Scootaloo burst through the dorm’s door on an old scooter. She jumped over the steps and skidded to a halt in front of Dash. The small pegasus was wearing a purple helmet and she had a small, orange satchel over her shoulder.

“Nice,” Dash said as she eyed the blue scooter, “since when did you know how to ride a scooter?”

“Since forever.” Scootaloo eyed the skateboard in Dash’s arm and grinned, “Hey, I’ll race you to town.”

“You’re so on.’ Dash said eagerly, “Why don’t we make the finish line at the center of town, where the fountain pool is at?”

“Sure.” Scootaloo said excitedly as she readied herself.

With one foot on the skateboard, Rainbow said, “Ready…set…GO!”

As soon as Dash finished, Scootaloo, vigorously flapping her wings, shot off like a rocket. Dash was momentarily stunned by Scootaloo’s speed. She shook herself awake and grinned,

“Alright, now we’ve got a race.”

Rainbow followed Scootaloo’s example and flapped her own wings. Thanks to all of Soarin’s training with flapping her wings, Dash wasn’t unbalanced with her new speed. She was out of the school and riding on the bridge when she caught up with Scootaloo,

“Not bad squirt.” Dash said as the two reached Old Manticore Ville, “You got any more tricks?”

Scootaloo smiled as the two past the railing that led to the beach. That’s when Scootaloo rode toward the railings, jumped on them, and began to grind without losing speed. She then hopped out and performed a bar spin before landing gracefully next to Dash.

“Can you top that?” Scootaloo said with a cocky smile, much to Dash’s surprise and pleasure.

“Let me see…” Rainbow said as they made a sharp right turn. As the two rode on the street, they saw up ahead two ponies crossing the street while carrying a large glass window,

“Alright Scootaloo, watch and learn.” Dash said as she raced toward the two ponies. She flapped her wings more vigorously. The two ponies saw the oncoming pegasus and they began to panic. One wanted to go one way while the other wanted to go the other way, but neither wanted to let go of the window. Instead, they just closed their eyes and braced for impact.

But the impact never came.

As Dash closed in on the window, she jumped. Her skateboard went under the window while Dash did a couple of flips over the window. After her 5th flip, Dash cleared the window, landed on her skateboard with her hands and she continued to ride.

“That was awesome!” Scootaloo smiled as Dash flipped and began to ride with her feet again.

“Did you expect anything less?” Dash gloated as they rounded another corner. Then, far ahead, they saw the fountain pool.

“Hey Dash,” Scootaloo said as the two began two pick up speed, “why don’t we say that the loser buys the winner lunch?”

“You’ve got a deal. Oh, by the way,” Dash turned to Scootaloo and grinned, “I like chili dogs.” With that, Dash rapidly flapped her wings and left Scootaloo in the dust. The small pegasus began to flap her wings with vigor, but she was not able to catch up with Dash.

They were nearing the fountain and Scootaloo was still a couple of feet behind Dash. Scootaloo was becoming more and more exhausted with each flap while Dash was cool and collective. Just when the small pegasus was beginning to lose hope of winning, she saw the nerds Sparkler and Junebug up ahead. The nerds were on the sidewalk with a large ramp and miniature chariot models beside them. It appeared they were doing a science experiment, but Scootaloo had other plans for the ramp. Gaining a second wind, Scootaloo charged toward the nerds. Sparkler and Junebug saw the torpedoing pegasus, cried in shock and fear, and they jumped out the way as Scootaloo jumped the ramp.

“WOOOHOO!” Scootaloo shouted as she soared through the air. It was a moment of bliss for the small pegasus as she felt as though she was actually flying. From above, Scootaloo over took Dash and the small pegasus was within range of the fountain. Unfortunately, Scootaloo misjudged the distance to the fountain.

*SPLASH!*

Rainbow skidded to a stop in front of the fountain and picked up her skateboard. She walked over to the fountain and saw Scootaloo’s head burst from the surface of the water. The small pegasus spewed out a spout of water as Rainbow giggled,

“Hey, I thought penguins only lived in the arctic?”

Scootaloo sighed sullenly. There it was; the jab at her subpar flying abilities. Of course, she was used to it from all the time spent with Lightning Dust, but that didn’t mean it still didn’t sting a little. Scootaloo then waited for the same wicked snicker that Lightning Dust always did after every insult, but it never came. Instead, she got a friendly smile from Dash.

“That was some pretty sweet moves squirt.” Rainbow complimented as she pulled Scootaloo and her scooter out of the fountain.

“Really, you think so?” Scootaloo asked, slightly surprised from the friendly conversation after an insult.

“Hay yeah! How did you even manage to get up to the air?”

“Oh, you know, I saw a ramp and I kinda winged it.”

“Nice! I wish I thought of that. So,” Dash smiled, “where do you want to eat for lunch?”

Scootaloo blinked before remembering the bet, “Oh no, it’s O.K Dash, you don’t have to be buy me lunch.”

“Sorry Scootaloo, but I’m not going to wuss out on a bet. You beat me and now I owe you lunch. So, we can either go to your favorite food place, or do I have to go to a random restaurant and force feed you?”

“I like the first choice.”

Dash grinned, “So do I.”

The two laughed at their little transaction. Things were finally looking up, at least until there was the sound of a throat being cleared. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo turned to see two very peeved looking nerds, each holding broken chariot models.

“So,” Sparkler said in a dangerously calmed voice, “who’s paying for these?”
________________________________________
Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash were strolling down the streets of Old Manticore Ville. Scootaloo was on her scooter, drinking the last of her shake, while Dash was rolling beside her on her skateboard, counting the bits in her now considerably lighter pouch,

“Was my lunch that expensive?” Scootaloo asked worriedly as she watched Dash furrow her brow as she re-counted her bits.

“Nah.” Dash said as she pocketed her pouch, thinking up plans for odd jobs she could do, “It was the materials Sparkler and Junebug made me buy. Those things either must have been imported stuff for their project, or I was just ripped off. Anyways, what do you want to do now?”

“Well, there’s the carnival outside of town, but that place doesn’t open until December. You know anyplace that’s cool?”

“Around the corner is the boxing gym, but there’s no meeting today, so it might be empty.”

They walked around the corner and gaped as they saw a large crowd in front of the gym. The ponies in the crowd ranged from Dash’s age to the elderly, and they all wore fancy suits and dresses. Dash even saw a stereotypical rich pony with a top hat, cane, and monocle.

“I thought you said it would be empty.” Scootaloo asked as the doors to the gym’s doors opened and the crowd began to walk in.

“I thought so to.” Dash said curiously. She walked over to the gym with Scootaloo on her heel. As the crowd dissapeared into the gym, Dash saw Colgate sitting behind a table in front of the gym. The preppy was writing in a ledger and did not notice the two approaching pegasai.

Dash reached the table, “Yo, Colgate, what’s going on in the gym? I thought there was no meeting today.”

Colgate looked up to see who it was before going back to writing, “You are correct, Rainbow Dash, there is no meeting today. The reason is that there is a tournament held today for all members and our parents and their associates are going to watch.”

“There’s a boxing tournament today? Why didn’t anypony tell me?”

“You didn’t know?” Colgate said innocently, “That’s so strange. I personally sent all of the invitations. It seems that your invitation was lost in the mail.” Colgate sighed sympathetically, “Oh well, we already filled your place.”

“Oh man.” Dash sighed. She did not see the small grin on Colgate’s face, “This sucks, wish I can enter. So, what does the winner get?”

“The winner is awarded the deed to a house in Manticore Hills.” Colgate stated casually.

“W-what?!” Dash exclaimed, “A real house?!”

“In Manticore Hills?!” Scootaloo added, equally shocked, “Don’t you have to be really, really rich to even set foot there?!”

“Well, that part is a bit exaggerated.” Colgate said, amused by their reactions, “But the rest is true. You see, our parents simply love to brag and it seems their newest debate is who raised the stronger fighter. So, after some arrangements, they agreed to wager one of the vacant houses for our upcoming tournament, which is today. The fighter who wins will receive the deed, but the deed will be under the parent's name.”

“Damn it!” Dash yelled as she fell to her knees and slammed her head on the table, “You’re saying that I could have won a house?”

“Well, you would have to have defeated the rest of us-”

“I could have gotten a house.” Dash said sullenly. She didn’t notice a small vein in Colgate’s forehead begin to throb.

As Scootaloo patted Dash’s back sympathetically, the doors to the gym burst open and Lotus rushed outside and toward Colgate.

“We have a problem.” Lotus told the unicorn.

“What kind of problem?” Colgate asked.

Lotus opened her mouth, but closed it when she saw the two pegasai listening intently. The preppies turned their backs to the pegasai and place their heads together.

“So what’s the problem?” Colgate whispered.

Lotus sighed, “Vivian…is not going to participate in the tournament.”

“WHAT?!” Colgate shouted. She quickly glanced at Dash and Scootaloo, who were both very confused, before turning back to Lotus and whispering frantically, “What do you mean Vivian isn’t coming?”

“Well, she texted me half an hour ago that there is some famous DJ that’s going to be signing autographs and that she simply cannot miss it. I sent some of the newer members to try and bring her back.”

“And?” Colgate said urgently.

“They just returned with a lot of bruises.” Lotus said in a defeated tone.

Colgate sighed, her throbbing vein intensifying. She took a calming breath before asking the question that she dreaded more than anything.

“Does Rarity know about this?”

Lotus laughed humorlessly, “Well, she keeps going from blinding fury and threatening to drag Vivian here with broken legs, to an absolute wreck. Not five minutes ago, she was in the corner, crying and calling herself a failure for allowing this to happen. But, that’s Rarity for you; everything must be the very best it could be.”

The unicorn pinched the bridge of her nose, “O.K, so do you have any ideas on how to get another boxer in the next 7 minutes?”

“Well…” Lotus said uneasily. She nudged toward the rainbow haired pegasus by the table.

“No.” Colgate said flatly, “There has to be somepony else.”

“No there isn’t. Trust me, I have tried to get somepony else, but the rest of the members who aren’t participating are too busy with their own endeavors.”

“Then we’ll get somepony else. I don’t care who it is as long as it’s not her. I would rather have a greaser fight in our tournament.”

Lotus gasped, “You don’t really mean that, do you?”

“Of course not,” Colgate sighed, “I just lost myself for a moment.”

Lotus placed a comforting hand on Colgate’s shoulders, “I know how you feel about her. Actually, I’m fairly sure everypony in the club can’t even stand her at this point. The fact that Rainbow Dash is still in the club is still a complete mystery to everypony, but that’s beside the point. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Or would you rather have me tell Rarity that you kept her tournament from being the best it can be?”

“O.K, fine, you win.” Colgate exasperated.

“If it makes you feel better, just imagine how Dash would be when we beat her. She might actually shut up.”

With that happy thought, Colgate walked toward Dash with a big grin,

“Well Dash, you’re in luck. It seems that one of the participants is unable to compete. So, would you like to fill in?”

“Hay yeah.” Dash said excitedly, “Let me guess, I was your first choice, right?”

Colgate nodded and made a sound similar to an annoyed cat. Rainbow was getting excited, but then she remembered about Scootaloo and how the tournament would cut into their hang out time short. However, instead of looking upset, Scootaloo look just as eager as Dash.

“Oh this is so cool!” Scootaloo said as she turned toward Dash, “I’m going to get front row seats. I’ll be rooting for you Dash!” And with that, she ran toward the gym.

Dash laughed, “Alright then, that worked itself out.” She turned to the two preppies, “So, when do we start this party?”

Colgate held a pen and the ledger in front of Dash, “First you have to sign in. After that, you get dressed and we’ll fill you in on the rules.”

“Then let’s go.” Dash said eagerly as she half walked, half ran to the gym. Lotus and Colgate were following the pegasus at a distance. The unicorn leaned toward her friend and whispered,

“I hope this plan of yours is a good idea.”

“Me too.” Lotus whispered back, "But if I'm being completely honest, I'm glad Dash is gonna be participating."

Colgate recoiled at this statement, "Are you serious?!"

"Yes, yes I am." A small, wicked grin formed on Lotus's lips and she cracked her knuckles, "Ever since the first day she stepped in our gym, I have been itching to punch her in her smug face. And now, I have a chance to beat her in front of an audience. It all seems like a wonderful dream."

"Well, when you put it like that," Colgate also grinned as she cracked her neck, "I'm absolutely ecstatic that she is here."
________________________________________

“There are 16 participants in the tournaments, but we are going to be divided into two groups: Block A and Block B. The winner of Block A will face off the winner of Block B in the final match. Each match will be four rounds and each round will be two minutes. There will be a one minute break between each round. To win the match, you must knockout your opponent. If you and your opponent finish all four rounds without either one of you being knocked out, then the three judges will decide who wins on how well the boxers fought. Do you understand?”

“I understand and I’m ready.” Dash eagerly told Colgate as the two stepped out of the locker rooms.

“Good.” Colgate said as she checked if her own gloves were secured, “Now, Aloe should be back soon with the pony you requested, and I hope you don’t lose to early as I would like to fight you.” Without another word, she walked toward the other direction.

Dash, now in her boxing uniform, began to walk through the sea of rich ponies, looking for two in particular. She eventually found one of the ponies talking to one of the rich ponies.

“So,” Scootaloo asked, “why do you wear a monocle? Is it half the price of regular glasses, or does it make that one eye twice as better?”

“Sup squirt.” Dash said as she walked toward the two. Scootaloo turned around, saw Rainbow Dash, and rushed toward her,

“Hey Dash, you ready to kick some flank?”

“Always! But first, I have to wait for somepony.”

“Who?”

As soon as Scootaloo said that, the doors to the gym burst opened and the rich ponies began to make way for something.

“Him.” Dash said as the rich ponies got out of the way for Aloe, who was closely followed by Soarin.

“Well, Dash,” Aloe said as she stood in front of Rainbow, “I brought your…um…I brought you the pony you requested. Anyways, I better change into my attire.” And she left.

“Hey Soarin, long time no see.” Dash said. She then turned toward Scootaloo, who was looking at Soarin with a mix of surprise and fear. Evidently, the small pegasus still remembered her first encounter with the homeless pegasus.

"Calm down, Scootaloo." Dash said, trying to calm Scootaloo's nerves, "Soarin is a pretty cool guy. He won't hurt you...unless you piss him off."

"O.K." Scootaloo said in a slightly squeaky voice.

“Rainbow, why did you get some preppy to bring me here?” Soarin asked, looking at all of the ponies around, who immediately looked away.

“Because you’re my Corner.”

“Your what?” Soarin and Scootaloo asked confusedly.

“My Corner. It’s the pony that gives boxers advise and treats any injuries. The preppies asked if I needed one, but I didn’t want somepony I don’t know having my back in a fight.”

“So instead of getting assistance from a professional, you want my help?” Soarin summarize. Dash nodded and the homeless pegasus snorted, “Well I’m touched, but I know little to nothing about boxing. My only knowledge is from one boxing match I saw.”

“Don’t worry; I’m sure that’ll be enough.” Dash said nonchalantly.

Soarin laughed, “O.K then, I guess you’re stuck with me. But, Dash,” Soarin looked serious, “please tell me you didn’t do anything stupid to enter the tournament.”

Dash rolled her eyes, “Are you still on that? These preppies aren’t as crazy as Lightning Dust so relax, Soarin. I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?”

There was the sudden sound of feedback and everypony turned toward the middle ring to see an earth pony in a tuxedo.

“Good Evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Old Manticore Ville gym for tonight’s tournament. As you all know, the fighters were split up into two groups: Block A, where the matches will take place on the ring to my right, and Block B, where the matches will take place on the ring to my left. Now, the first match of Block A will be…,” He took out an index card from the inside of his tuxedo and read, “Rainbow Dash and Sapphire. The first match of Block B will be Colgate and Pearl Rose. Will the fighters that were called please make their way to their respective rings.”

“You’re up, Dash.” Soarin patted Rainbow’s shoulder and lead her to the ring. Dash then entered the ring and she saw her opponent on the other side. Dash turned and saw that on the other ring Colgate and her opponent were getting ready to fight. Dash then walked toward the center to meet her opponent.

“Hello Dash,” Sapphire said, “I’ve been waiting a long time for this rematch.”

Dash raised an eyebrow as they two touched gloves, “We fought before?”

Of all the things she could have said, Dash said the worst thing she could possibly say to a preppy.

“Never mind.” Sapphire said, holding back her resent for the insulting pegasus.

“Now,” the announcer said as he took a big breath, “let’s get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

Author's Note:

This chapter took a lot longer to publish then it should have. It was do to the fact that I had no internet for a week. Anyways, let's get on with it!