• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 4,853 Views, 512 Comments

Bully: Manticore Academy - the silver-maned pony



After being dropped off by her distant parents, Rainbow Dash must now survive in the toughest school in Equestria. As she makes new friends, she also makes new enemies. Will Rainbow Dash survive the onslaught? Read to find out.

  • ...
12
 512
 4,853

Two Year Anniversary (Sorry for my tardiness!)

Manticore Academy was experiencing its worst storm of the year. The clouds were pitch black and drenched the school grounds with unrelenting, freezing rain. Nearly everypony was in their dorms as they waited for the storm to pass by. The only ponies left outside were located at the Manticore football field. There were a total of twelve ponies on the field. On one side were eleven ponies, who just so happened to be the best offensive line Manticore Academy has seen since the eighties. The captain and quarterback of the team, Bulk Bicep, stared down the lone pony on the other side of the field, who was Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash stared back a determined glare. She glanced at the staircase that lead to the field and saw that nopony else was coming. She sighed,

“I guess they decided not to show.” Dash said. She looked at the football she was holding and took in a deep breath. She then let out an intense yell and ran as fast as she could toward the opposing team. The football team met her yell with their own yells and charged toward the pegasus.

The opposing forces met each other in the middle of the field. Dash managed to swerve past two jocks and performed a pegasus drop kick to another. Then one of the jocks grabbed her by the waist. The jock tried to bring her down, but Rainbow quickly expanded her wings to gain some air. However, another jock jumped high and delivered a devastating kick to Dash’s face. The pegasus dropped to the ground, but she didn’t slow down. She began to elbow the jock holding her until the jock released her. Dash got back onto her feet for about a second before Bulk Bicep came torpedoing toward her.

“YEAH!!!!!” he yelled as he propelled himself forward with his tiny wings and speared Dash to the ground.

Rainbow was gasping in pain as she looked up to see the football team surrounding her. Bulk Bicep walked up to Dash, folded his hands together, and brought them crashing down to Dash’s face.

‘Well, this sucks.’ Dash thought before she blacked out from the hit.
________________________________________
Dash woke up and was momentarily blinded by a light. She tried to shield her eyes, but her entire body felt too tired to move. It was then that somepony was suddenly standing over her. At first, Dash thought it was Bulk Bicep, but this new pony was much scrawnier. The pony crouched down and Dash was able to see that he was a unicorn with pure white hair. He let out a long whistle and said,

“Wow, you got knocked the buck out.”

He let out a small chuckle and helped Dash to her feet. The pegasus groaned slightly as she steadied herself.

“I went easy on those blockheads.” Dash said as she massaged her ribs, “I won’t make that mistake again.” She turned to leave, but the unicorn suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he said with a raised eyebrow.

Dash walked past him and said, “I’m gonna go and demand a rematch against the jocks.”

“I would seriously advise against that.” the unicorn said, “You aren’t ready yet.”

Dash scoffed, “And how would you know? And who the Tartarus are you anyways?”

“My name is Silver Lining, and let’s just say I have been with you since the beginning of your little adventure.”

Dash stared at the unicorn, “Um, I’m pretty sure I would have known if someone was stalking me.”

She turned to leave again, by Silver teleported in front of her again.

“Would you please stop that?” Dash said angrily.

Silver ignored her and said, “I’ve been with you since the beginning; observing and occasionally helping you. I’ve seen you grown and I honestly did not expect you to turn out the way you did. That is a good thing, by the way. I had much lower expectations for you.”

“Um, thanks?” Dash said.

Silver sighed, “Listen, I came here to apologize.”

“For what?”

“For this!” Silver said, gesturing toward the entire field. “It wasn’t supposed to be like this; with you facing the jocks all alone. Unfortunately, it was my lack of planning and general stupidity that caused you to be so far behind and so unprepared for this. For that, I am truly sorry.”

He then went down on his knees and bowed down low. Dash was slightly put off by this act; it felt as though he was talking to someone else besides her.

“Um, is there anything else you wanted to say?” Dash said.

“Not really.” Silver said as he got to his feet, “I just wanted to apologize and that I will try better in the future. Wait!” he said, causing Dash to jump.

“What?!” Dash said.

“I almost forgot.” Silver said. He then closed the distance between him and Dash, grabbed the back of her head, and then delivered a strong head-butt, knocking the pegasus out cold.

“Whelp, that’s it for this anniversary.” Silver Lining said. He turn to the empty stands and began to speak as though the stands were filled with ponies. “Thank you all for your kind words and support these past two years. I’m sorry for the long periods of nothing and for my bad grammar. I’ll try to manage my time better and I hope to see you all here for another year!”

________________________________________
Rainbow Dash snapped her eyes open and sat up immediately. She was momentarily dazed as she looked at her surroundings. She was in her room and the morning sun was barely making it through the clouds that brought a fresh blanket of snow.

“That was one weird dream.” Dash said. She tried to remember it, but her mind was drawing a blank. Shrugging it off, she jumped out of bed and got dressed. She had a busy day ahead of her since today was the day her plan to settle the dispute between Colgate, Lotus, Aloe, and Applejack was about to go underway.