• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 2,577 Views, 235 Comments

The Slow Mo Stallions - gamershot



Gavin and Dan end up in Equestria.... I wonder how they'll get along...

  • ...
4
 235
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17 Where is he?

Burnie stepped out of his car and strolled up to Geoff's front door. He waited there a second until Geoff opened the door.
"Hey Burnie." he greeted with a smile.
"Hey man, you ready to go?" Burnie asked. Geoff nodded and stepped outside. He turned around and locked the door as Burnie made his way over to the car and got in.
"I can't wait to have him back, the office is a lot more boring without him" sighed Geoff, excited to pick up their guest.
"Me too, and I think our viewers would agree." added Burnie, reaching across and grabbing a sandwich he'd left next to the gear sick.

They drove on to the airport with light charter and laughs, both excited to get Gavin back.
"I hear he and Dan were doing some pretty crazy stuff for the Slow Mo Guys." said Burnie as they turned into terminal two.
"Yeah, I just hope he hasn't injured himself." mumbled Geoff in response. As they pulled into the pick up car park they saw swarms of people filling out of the doors, most of them from London, on the flight with Gavin.
"Where did you say we'd meet him?" asked Burnie.
"In the parking lot, so I guess we just wait." replied Geoff with a shrug.

They waited for half an hour until they started to get a little but worried.
"Where the fuck is he?" yelled Burnie getting impatient.
"Let's go inside and see of he's in there." replied Geoff, staying optimistic. They walked inside and looked around, hoping to see their British friend.
"Any sign of him?" shouted Geoff as he looked around the cafés and bars.
"No luck, this is getting ridiculous now." replied Burnie.
"What if he didn't even make the flight?" asked Geoff.
"It's beginning to look that way," replied Burnie, "let’s check if he did, this way." he added as he stormed off towards the gates.

When they arrived at the gate that Gavin was meant to arrive from, they luckily found a flight attendant sorting out some files at the gate.
"Hello, we were supposed to pick up our friend, was anyone missing on this flight?" asked Burnie, a tinge of anger in his voice.
"Yes, one passenger by the name of Gavin Free was missing." she replied with a smile.
"God damn it!" yelled Geoff, throwing his head back.
"Fuck." stated Burnie face palming.
"I'm afraid he didn't even check in." added the lady.
"What are we gonna do?" asked Burnie, calming down.
"The only thing we can do, I'll call him. I just hope he picks up." said Geoff as he lifted his phone to his ear.
= = =

Back in Equestria, the six ponies were sat around their table at the bar, waiting for their food.
"Oh I can't wait for the Gala!" exclaimed Rarity, breaking the awkward silence.
"Yeah, what is that anyway?" asked Gavin.
"It's the Grand Galloping Gala up in Canterlot, it's basically the Princesses’ party." replied Twilight.
"Sounds good." responded Dan with a shrug.
"Oh yes, speaking of the Gala, I would be honoured to make you all dresses, and suits, to wear!" she offered.

Dan and Gavin shared a glance.
"Wait, we have to wear clothes?!" asked Dan, surprised.
"Why of course dear, you can't show yourself at the Gala without looking fabulous!" replied Rarity.
"Oh." muttered Dan, thinking about how uncomfortable it would be to wear clothes.
"Yeah, you can make my dress Rarity, just make it cool" ensured Rainbow Dash.
"They'll be perfect!" squealed Rarity happily, already getting ideas for designs.

When the food arrived the waiter gave the food out and left; Dan happy that he ended up with something good to eat.
"Are we gonna practice again after this?" asked Gavin, eager to learn how to fly properly.
"Sure." replied Rainbow Dash coolly, "I'll take you to the top and you can try and fly down."
"Top." mumbled Gavin, a mouth full of salad.
"And Dan, do you want to carry on with your magic training?" asked Twilight.
"Yep!" replied Dan happily.
"Although I'm afraid I can’t be there, I'll be working on our outfits." added Rarity sadly

After they'd finished eating they walked out of the bar and Twilight teleported them to Rainbow Dash's house. Dan and Gavin were, once again, on the ground.
"Why is it so hard to stay on your feet when that happens?" grumbled Gavin, struggling to his hooves.
"You'll get used to it, and I think you mean hooves." replied Rainbow Dash as she grabbed his tail in her mouth and dragged him to the clouds.
"Bye guys!" she mumbled through his tail.

Gavin struggled to walk backwards to keep up with Rainbow Dash until she eventually let go of his tail.
"What was that for?!" he yelled wrapping his tail around himself.
"Quit your whining, and get on this cloud" replied Rainbow Dash, back flipping into the air and landing upon said cloud. Gavin stepped back, ran and leaped upwards before landing on the cloud far less gracefully than Rainbow Dash had.
"You're gettin' good at that." teased Rainbow Dash.
"Yeah, I'm a pro." boasted Gavin playfully.
"Okay, hold on!" yelled Rainbow as she flew under the cloud and started pushing it upwards.

Gavin spread out his legs and tried to grab the edges of the cloud with his hooves.
"What are you doing!?" he shouted, shocked by the sudden fast movement.
"Just lifting you up," she replied coolly, "you're gonna fly for real this time." she added before deciding they were high enough and flying back into the cloud with Gavin.

Gavin gulped and peered over the edge of the cloud.
"I'm gonna die." he muttered, backing away from the edge.
"Don't be silly! I know you can do this. Just keep focused and you'll be fine." she encouraged, lunging off the cloud and catching herself in the air with her wings.
"Okay..." said Gavin as he stood up tall and opened his wings. "Let's give this a shot."

Gavin took one step and leaped off the edge of the cloud, feeling weightless and amazing for a split second. He then focused and flared his wings as wide as possible. He stared straight ahead and flapped frequently and constantly.
"Good job Gav!" yelled Rainbow Dash, flying just behind him in case he fell.
"Thanks Dashie!" he shouted nervously, not letting up on his steady rhythm.

After a while he became a lot more confident. He flew up a bit and didn't have to concentrate on his wings so much; it felt much more natural to him. He slowly turned around to face Rainbow Dash and smiled.
"I can really fly!" he exclaimed happily.
"We'll done Gav, you're great!" replied Rainbow Dash hugging him gently so he could still flap his wings. "Hold onto my hooves." she said softly touching his front hooves with hers. Once they had she smiled wickedly and pulled him into a large back flip. At first he was scared but the feeling of flaring in the air and flipping around weightlessly was amazing.

PreviousChapters Next