• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 2,578 Views, 235 Comments

The Slow Mo Stallions - gamershot



Gavin and Dan end up in Equestria.... I wonder how they'll get along...

  • ...
4
 235
 2,578

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 Wet Bread

Rarity felt very sorry for Dan and Gavin. She'd hate to be dumped, without choice, in a whole different word, not to mention the fact they their bodies had been changed. She shuddered at the very thought. Now they'd been told that there was currently no way to get them back; that they were trapped here. She felt that she had to do something to lighten the mood, and that's how she found herself sat inside a café with her five best friends and the two stallions.
They sat around a large round table, in a fairly posh and well known café in the centre of Canterlot. Apple Jack was seated next to Gavin, with Pinkie was next to her, then Twilight, then Rainbow Dash, then Rarity and finally, Fluttershy next to Dan.
"Thanks Rarity." said Gavin sweetly with a smile.
"You are quite welcome darling, now, what's your favorite thing to eat?" she asked. Before Gavin could answer, Dan answered for him.
"WET BREAD!" he shouted with a devious grin on his muzzle, "He loves wet bread, don't you Gavin?" Gavin gagged and heaved with a hoof over his mouth.
"Dan!" he spluttered out in between the awful sounds he was making.
"He loves the way it drips... even though it's a solid! He loves to squish it in his hands and hear it squelch as it bursts through his fingers..." Dan added, making sound effects to go along too.
"...where... are... the... toilets?" he barely managed to form the words as his stomach pulsed violently.
"Over there dear, why?" Rarity gestured towards a door in the corner of the café.
"...thanks." squealed Gavin as he jumped out of his chair and ran over to the door.
Dan wriggled around in his chair, laughing loudly. He wiped a tear from his eye and composed himself.
"Get's him every time." he chuckled, still not fully stopped laughing. Rarity blushed and sank down in her seat as she realized that everypony in the café was looking at them, judging them.
"Oh my..." she whispered as she covered her face from the prying eyes of the ponies of Canterlot.
"What are you looking at everypony!?" Pinkie screeched, noticing how embarrassed Rarity was. The ponies looked away from them and carried on with their lunches.
A very grumpy Gavin then staggered back over to the table, and sat down with his fore legs crossed.
"What's up with ya Gav?" asked AJ, patting him on the back gently.
"Wet bread." he muttered giving Dan a hard glare, making him laugh more.
"Uh... Gavin how did Dan mentioning wet bread make you throw up?" asked Fluttershy softly.
"Can we please change the subject?" he replied with a weak smile to stop her from worrying.
"Yeah, let's talk about, I don't know... headlight fluid?" giggled Dan. Gavin laughed weakly and cheered up, glad that the wet bread conversation was over.
A waitress then came over and handed out some menus. Gavin and Dan skimmed through the menus, noticing the lack of meat.
"Gavin, why is there no meat?" whispered Dan from behind his menu.
"They're ponies for god's sakes, do you expect them to eat meat?" he replied in a loud whisper.
"Oh right, well, what are you going to have?" asked Dan. Gavin looked back to his menu and read some of the meals in the favorites section.
"Uh... a dandelion sandwich and hay fries I think." he answered with a shrug. Dan nodded.
"Yeah me too." he agreed.

The waitress then came back, levitating a note pad and quill beside her with her magic.
"What can I get you?" she asked.
"I'll have a small buttercup salad please." replied Rarity.
"I'll have the same." added Twilight.
"And me." added Fluttershy.
"And for you?" said the waitress, now looking to Rainbow Dash.
"Uh... get me something cool." she replied with a shrug.
"Ah'll have an apple salad with apple slices please." answered Apple Jack.

She slowly looked to Pinkie, every waitress dreaded taking her order, but someone had to.
"Hello! Can I have a chocolate cupcake, a vanilla muffin, a banana soufflé, a toffee cake, a strawberry tart, a bucket of ice cream... WITH SPRINKLES! and a..."
"Pinkie darling, I think that's enough." interrupted Rarity from under the table, face hoofing.
"Ok Rarity, did you get that?" she asked the waitress who was furiously scribbling on her pad.
"Yes, thank you." the waitress replied quietly and distantly.
"Great!" exclaimed Pinkie with a huge smile.
"Finally, what do you two fine stallions want?" She asked with a wink, making them cringe.
"We we'll both have the dandelion sandwich with hay fries please." he replied meekly.
"No problem, it won't be long." she said as she walked away.

They had a nice chat whilst they waited for the food, Rarity slowly re-appeared from under the table as she started to let go of the 'incident'. After a while the meals arrived, Pinkie's taking several waiters and most of the room on the table.
"Jesus Pinkie, are you sure you can eat all that?" asked Gavin.
"Don't underestimate me Gavy Wavy!" She yelled. "I need a lot of energy to jump so much..." she trailed off whilst stuffing a cake into her mouth.

Dan looked at the sandwich on his plate and prodded it with the tip of his hoof before sniffing it. He then picked it up with his hooves and examined it. After deciding that it looked edible, he took a very small bite of the corner. It didn't taste of much, it was quite dry and bitter too but it was fairly pleasant, nice enough to eat anyway.
"What d'ya think Dan?" asked Twilight as she picked up a few salad leaves from her bowl.
"It's alright, quite nice actually." He replied before taking another, larger bite.
"What about you Gavin?" she asked.
"It's pretty good to say that it's some weeds in bread." he replied with a smile.

They all ate their meals with some light conversation until the last of them had finished with the food. Rarity then paid the bill and left a tip. They headed outside of the café and stood outside, on the sunny street. The mane six however, decided that they needed to talk, alone.
"Would ya'll stay here please, we need to talk about mare stuff." said Apple Jack with a kind smile.
"No problem." replied Gavin happily, glad to have a chance to catch up with Dan.
"Thank ya kindly." she said before trotting away with the other mares.

The elements stood in a circle, just out of earshot from the stallions.
"We need to talk." said Twilight...

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, sorry for the late chapter If any one wants to see a picture that I drew of the Slow Mo Stallions, use this link
:) .http://browse.deviantart.com/art/The-Slow-Mo-Stallions-363745302

PreviousChapters Next