• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 2,577 Views, 235 Comments

The Slow Mo Stallions - gamershot



Gavin and Dan end up in Equestria.... I wonder how they'll get along...

  • ...
4
 235
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 Damage Assesment

Gavin looked around at his area of destruction, a huge crater blasted into the ground. Six mares and two stallions were dotted around the outside of it, all lying on the ground. Gavin shook his head lightly. That explosion was not easy on him, but it was kinda cool that he could do that.
"Heh, I can explode." he chuckled to himself, limply flying over the crater.

He landed next to Dan, he looked one of the worst affected by the explosion. Dan was the only pony who knew what was going to happen to Gavin, having played Minecraft before. The poor, already injured, stallion had tried to drag himself away from Gavin in an attempt to escape the super charged creeper pony.

Gavin knelt down next to his friend, placing a hoof on his chest. He could feel his lungs rising and falling with breaths, and his heart beating gently through his soft furry coat.
"Dan?" asked Gavin softly. "Dan?" he repeated in an attempt to wake his friend. Dan mumbled something quietly and turned his head. Gavin smiled, knowing he was alright, and trotted over to somepony else.

He reached a pegasus sprawled out on the floor, covered in dust and dirt. Her mane was charred and messy, sprouting from her bruised head. Her head and face were riddled with cuts and deep gashes, deep red blood seeping from them. It was Rainbow Dash. It hurt him to see her so... damaged.
"R-r- Rainbow Dash?" he whispered to her, a single tear rolling down his cheek. She didn't respond to him. He began to fear the worst.

He placed a hoof on her chest as he'd done to Dan. She was breathing but it felt struggled and forced. He tilted her head back to clear her airways and ran his hoof through her mane gently.
"Rainbow Dash?" he asked once more, a bit louder this time. At first there was no response, so he held one of her hooves. Then one of her eyelids fluttered open, her usually, bright magenta eyes looking dull and dead.

Her face softened when she saw Gavin looking down on her, holding her hoof.
"It's alright Rainbow." he whispered, hugging her briefly. "I have to go help somepony else now, try not to move." he explained softly. She nodded weakly and smiled in response, queuing him to stand up and trot over to Applejack.

Applejack looked in much better shape, her head wasn’t bruised and her body was in a better position, like she hadn't been thrown around that much.
"AJ?" he asked softly. The orange farm pony lifted her head, one eye open and a smirk on her face.
"Howdy Mr. Exploder!" she chuckled calmly. Gavin sighed in relief; there was somepony other than him awake and responsive.

"Good day." greeted Gavin.
"What happened then?" she asked.
"Long Shot struck me and Dan with lightning, making me super charged. Everyone knows that a super charged creeper is nothing but bad news." he tutted.
"Heh, whatever ya say." smirked Applejack, standing up on four hooves.

She looked around herself and her smile disappeared instantly. There were her friends lying on the ground unconscious and injured. Her face turned to one of horror when she saw the small pool of blood surrounding Long Shot’s head and the twisted and broken limbs on some of the ponies she cared about most.
“A-a-are they… alright?” she asked quietly, barely able to form words.
“I don’t know,” replied Gavin solemnly, “Rainbow Dash and Dan are, uhm… fine but I don’t know about anypony else.”
“Ok. Ah’ll take it from here Gavin. If any of mah friends are seriously hurt, you’ll have me t’ answer to.” she said, straight faced, eyes digging into Gavin. He nodded nervously and smiled sheepishly.
“Won’t somepony else come to help?” asked the stallion.
“No Gav. We were takin’ a short cut t’ avoid the midday rush, Fluttershy hates gettin’ caught up in the crowds.” explained Applejack.

Applejack started to walk over to Long Shot.
"Ah'm gonna look after Long Shot, you go take care of somepony else." she instructed with a small smile to comfort him. Gavin nodded and headed over to another body. The coat of this pony was grey and coated with dust; her purple mane was covered with dirt, hiding the bright colour from his eyes.

It was obviously Rarity, her body position held even more proof. She was almost in a posing position on the ground, three legs straight and one foreleg bent towards her.
"Are you awake?" he asked gently, moving her head a tad.
"Whoever is it?" she mumbled weakly.
"It’s Gavin. Will you please get up Rarity?" he whispered softly.

Rarity fluttered open her eyelids and smiled. Until she looked down at herself. Her coat was murky and disgusting, her mane hung down from her head like a wet fish, plastered with dirt. She jumped to all four hooves and screamed.
"Oh my stars! I've never been so dirty in my life!" she yelled dramatically. She shook herself, sending dust and dirt cascading away from her.

Applejack overheard the conversation from the other side of the crater and giggled to herself.
"Nice t' see yer awake Rarity" she chuckled, thank god Rarity was alright.
"Oh Applejack! You're okay!" said the not so white unicorn. Rarity rushed over to Applejack and hugged her tightly.
"Yeah, you okay Rarity?" asked the farm pony.
"I'm fine dear, although I don't seem to recall what happened." she sighed.

Applejack looked at Gavin, who stared back at her sheepishly.
"Gavin said he’ll explain once we're sure everypony's okay." assured Applejack.
"That sounds reasonable." agreed Rarity. She then looked around to see her friends scattered around a crater. Her face dropped and her mouth opened wide.
“Rarity,” said Applejack softly, “They’ll be alright, Ah promise. Just go help Pinkie for me please”
“O…okay...” muttered Rarity still shocked at the horrific sight. She slowly stumbled towards Pinkie Pie, her legs weak and trembling. She’d never really been one to fear the worst, but this… this was different. She put on a brave face for Pinkie though. She had to be strong.

Pinkie Pie was curled up in a ball, her fluffy pink mane covering her face. Rarity knelt down next to her and brushed her mane away from her face. Pinkie's lip was cut and bleeding, along with a few more scars dotted around her head.
"Oh my..." mumbled Rarity, “Pinkie, are you okay? Can you hear me?" she asked softly.

Pinkie's eyes opened slowly, a weak smile formed on her face.
"Hello Rarity." she croaked.
"Oh Pinkie." sighed Rarity, bending down to hug her friend.
"Don't worry about me Rarity," said Pinkie before clearing her throat, "You need to take care of Twilight, she needs it more." she urged.
"Are you sure you're alright dear?" checked Rarity.
"Yes, just go." replied the earth pony, voice stronger now. Rarity nodded and galloped over to Twilight.

Gavin, having awoken Rarity, headed over to the final pegasus: Fluttershy. She was sprawled out on the ground; one of her forelegs bent the wrong way.
"Crikey." mumbled Gavin. He gently wiped her soft, bubblegum mane out of her face, allowing him to see her. She looked peaceful, like she hadn't been hurt at all. Gavin checked that she was breathing and checked that her heart was beating. She seemed absolutely fine other than her leg.

He lifted her up carefully and took her over to Rainbow Dash. There, he lay her down gently.
"Fluttershy?" he whispered. "Flutters?" he repeated a bit louder. She didn't respond. Gavin sighed and trotted over to Applejack and Long Shot.
"Howdy Gavin, how's Fluttershy?"
"She's fine, other than the broken leg." he replied sadly.
"That ain't too bad," she shrugged, "Long Shot weren't that lucky".

Applejack stepped aside, allowing Gavin to see the dark pegasus. His wing was twisted, one of his legs was broken, his eyes were bruised along with lots of other places and cuts littered his body.
"Christ!" yelled Gavin.
"Ah know, he was closest to ya when ya... exploded."
"Should I fly to the hospital for help?" he asked, worried.
"Ah think that's necessary, but ya'll better be fast." agreed Applejack with a small nod.
"I will." confirmed Gavin before taking to the skies and speeding off towards the hospital.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone :) Just in case you wanted to see a picture of Long Shot, here's the link to a drawing I drew :) sorry about the bad quality. link

PreviousChapters Next