• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 2,577 Views, 235 Comments

The Slow Mo Stallions - gamershot



Gavin and Dan end up in Equestria.... I wonder how they'll get along...

  • ...
4
 235
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 Awkward Crashing

Gavin smiled at Rainbow Dash, although he couldn't exactly fly yet she kept telling him that he had the potential.
"Should I try that one again?" he asked not wanting to waste any time. Rainbow Dash scratched her head with a hoof, thinking about what she should do next. If he tried that again he could lose even more feathers, damage his wings or injure himself...
"No! Uh... I mean I think you should get the hang of flapping a bit more before you try that again." she explained with a smile. She flew down and stood in front of Gavin, her wings spread out as an example.
"I just want you to copy what I do." she said happily, receiving an enthusiastic nod from Gavin. She moved her left wing down, and held it against her side, Gavin did the same. She then did the same with her right, he followed suit. Then she lifted her left wing straight up, and he again copied her. Finally she repeated for the right wing.

She smiled, at least he had individual control of his wings; his difficulty was moving them in sync; staying coordinated was also a problem for him.
"Okay, now repeat that with both wings, making sure that you move both wings together. Okay?"
"Okay." he replied with a happy smile.
He brought his wings down, the left slightly ahead, and then he brought them back up together.
"Try again Gav, the left was slightly ahead." she urged.

Gavin nodded and tried again, with his right wing ahead this time. Rainbow Dash face hoofed, making Gavin frown slightly. Then, wanting to impress his teacher, without warning he trotted back and set off galloping forwards. When he reached the line he leapt into the air, this time not aiming for the first cloud but a higher cloud further back. He straightened his body and powerfully flapped his wings keeping him up. He then flapped again, his wings working together perfectly. He had his eyes set on his goal as he continued to fly, his flaps now steady and frequent.

Eventually, he reached the cloud and landed gracefully onto it. He looked down at Rainbow Dash who had a smile spread across her muzzle.
"Ha ha! That's it Gav! That was great, just keep practising and you’ll be flying like me, well not as awesomely, but you can try." she exclaimed happily.
"Top! Should I try for another cloud now?" he asked, wanting to perfect flying.
"Okay, go for it." she replied with a smile.

He crouched down and lunged forwards and upwards, spreading his wings as he did so. He then began flapping properly, moving his wings together and very frequently.
"I'm doing it!" he yelled as he turned back towards Rainbow Dash who at first was smiling, but had her smile slowly fade away into a look of worry.
"Gavin stop!" she shouted, noticing him moving as he looked at her.
"What?" he mumbled as he directed his focus back to the task at hand.

Without noticing, he'd slowed his flap rate and begun to move diagonally downwards. Panicking, he tried to flap harder and faster, but the stress of the situation got to his head and his wings were once again out of time. He made an odd yelping/squealing sound as he dropped like a lead weight moving his wings violently, trying to fly. He realized that his best bet was to spread his wings as wide as possible and aim for a mountain to run down... However he was only ten feet from the ground, directly above a very scared pony.

As he collided with the pony, his weight and force of impact knocked them off their hooves and onto the ground. Gavin's body was on top of theirs, pushing them back along the ground. The friction eventually stopped them and Gavin looked down to see who he'd landed on. She was a butter yellow mare with a now thoroughly messed up, pink mane that covered one of her ears. She fluttered her eyes open and began blushing uncontrollably. Gavin, still hazy from the crash, lay there on top of her for a few seconds.

"Eeeeep!" she squealed, snapping Gavin out of his haze and back to reality. He jumped off her and pulled her up.
"Fluttershy?" he asked with a weak smile, knowing that she was very, very shy, and that he'd just crash landed onto her and ended up in a rather... unfortunate position. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" he mumbled, pulling her to her hooves and brushing some dirt off her coat.
"It's.... uhm... okay." she said quietly, "It was just an accident." she added with a smile.

Rainbow Dash suddenly darted over to them and fell onto the floor in a fit of laughter.
"Holy hay!" she cried, rolling on the floor. "I never thought I'd ever see anything that funny ever!" she giggled. Gavin grabbed her hoof to help her up, but she shoved him off while muttering something about not touching her hooves.
"Hi Rainbow Dash." said Fluttershy meekly with a weak smile.

"Oh hey Fluttershy, are you okay?" she asked a touch of concern colouring her voice.
"I'm fine, I just came by to see how you were getting on, obviously not very well..." she trailed off with a cheeky smile.
"Actually Gavin was doing really well, until he lost focus and crashed into you." she hoofed him playfully in the ribs.
"Oh that's good." Fluttershy said.
"How about we go get some lemonade?" asked Rainbow Dash, "I don't think that we should go straight back to practising anyway, and Gavin needs to sort out his feathers." she added patting Gavin's wing lightly.
"That sounds good." replied Gavin.
"Okay, sure." added Fluttershy with a smile.

Author's Note:

New chapter bright and early :)

PreviousChapters Next