• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 2,577 Views, 235 Comments

The Slow Mo Stallions - gamershot



Gavin and Dan end up in Equestria.... I wonder how they'll get along...

  • ...
4
 235
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16 Menu Trouble

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Gavin trotted over to Fluttershy's house, Rainbow carrying the lemonade on her back.
"So, how'd you like flying?" asked Dash
"Uhm, it was good for the three seconds that I was actually flying." replied Gavin with a laugh.
"Well, I'm sure you'll get better, practice makes perfect." added Fluttershy, encouraging him not to give up.

They continued walking until they reached the small cottage and sat outside in the sun. Rainbow Dash set the lemonade down on a rock so everypony could drink. Gavin looked up to the sky, not a cloud to be seen. He hadn’t seen weather like this in a while.
"How is the weather here so nice?" he asked.
"Us weather ponies take our jobs seriously y'know. I can clear the sky in ten seconds flat." proclaimed Rainbow Dash as she polished a hoof on her chest.
"The weather in England is awful, grey skies almost all year round." added Gavin sadly.
"Oh goodness, I simply couldn't imagine that." Fluttershy added, slightly saddened at the idea of nothing but grey.

They sat in silence for a while, the sound of the birds chirping and the gentle breeze in the leaves relaxing them; the warm sun falling onto them and contributing to the pleasant afternoon.
"So Gav, what’s your cutie mark?" asked Rainbow Dash, catching a glimpse of the strange green face on his flank.
"It's a creeper." he replied slyly.
"What’s a creeper?" she asked glaring at him.
"Oh, it's a mob from a video game called Minecraft. It explodes when you get too close to it and they're really annoying." he answered.
"It fits you perfectly." Rainbow Dash said, batting her eyelids teasingly.
= = =

The three unicorns had arrived at Rainbow Dash's cloud house.
"Where are they?" asked Dan, wanting to know where Gavin was, and how badly he had injured himself.
"I don't know, they must have left." replied Rarity. Twilight trotted around to where the clouds were set up and looked around.
"I think one of them crashed!" Twilight called back, looking at the ditch Gavin and Fluttershy had left in the ground.
"Aw man, I missed it!" Dan was pouting.
"Never mind that, I do hope they're okay." said Rarity, worried.
"Maybe someon- somepony else knows where they are? Maybe Fluttershy or Pinkie." suggested Dan.

Suddenly something pinker than any living thing had any right to be popped up in between them.
“Christ!" he yelled, falling away from Pinkie.
"Did somepony call me?" If sugar had a voice, it was hers.
"No Pinkie, Dan just said your name."
"Exactly!" shouted Pinkie.
"We were just wondering where Gavin and Rainbow Dash are" stated Rarity with a friendly smile.
"Ok, they're at Fluttershy's place drinking lemonade!" said the party pony.
"How did she-"
"It's just Pinkie, Dan, you'll get used to it." interrupted Twilight.
“If you say so...”
"Goodbye!" yelled Pinkie as she bounced off as randomly as she appeared.

As they walked along the path Dan felt his stomach grumble.
"God damn, I forgot to have breakfast." he admitted, patting his tummy.
"We could all go grab some lunch with the pegasi" suggested Twilight.
"That sounds delightful" said Rarity happily, "So long as you don't mention wet bread in front if Gavin." she added, scowling at Dan.
"Yeah, I won't, don't worry." he chuckled thinking back to Gavin's dash to the toilets.

It wasn't long until they reached the cottage and saw the three pegasi at on the ground, laughing and drinking lemonade.
"Hey Gav!" yelled Dan as he galloped over and plopped himself onto the ground.
"Hey Dan." replied Gavin with a smile. Rainbow Dash gave him a harsh glare.
"Oh, hey Rainbow Dash, hey Fluttershy" he added.

"Hello everypony, would you three like to come to lunch with us?" asked Rarity as she trotted over to the others.
"Sure, a fine flyer like Gavin could use some food to replenish his energy." chuckled Rainbow Dash sarcastically.
"Yes, I'd love to go to lunch with you too." agreed Fluttershy quietly.
"It's settled then! We could go to the Flower Bed Bar." suggested Twilight.
"We'd love to Twilight, but its way to far away!" countered Rainbow Dash.
"That's not a problem." said Twilight smugly as her horn began to glow.

In a flash they were all outside the bar, the mares on their hooves and the stallions in a heap on the ground, dizzy and confused.
"What just happened?" asked Gavin, rubbing his head.
"Just a simple teleportation spell." replied Twilight proudly as she and the other mares trotted past the stallions on the ground, and into the bar. They pulled themselves off of the ground and dusted themselves off.
"I wish they'd tell us before doing that." grumbled Gavin, running his hoof through his mane.
"Tell me about it." said Dan as they trotted into the bar.

Inside the bar they sat around a small table and all looked at the menus handed to them. After a while the waiter arrived and asked to take their orders, looking at Dan first.
"What can I get you?" asked the stallion with a friendly smile. Dan had been looking at the menu for a while and had... a bit of trouble deciding.
"Ermmm... Can I have the hayfries veggie burger egg salad chocolate cake lemonade sundae please." he replied with a smile. The waiter's face dropped and he stared at Dan with the most confused face you could imagine while Gavin burst into uncontrolled laughter.

"Pardon?" he said, barely audible.
"Oh okay, the apple pie water brownie please." answered Dan, not knowing what he was doing wrong.
"So you want an apple pie, water and a brownie?" the waiter checked.
"Is that not one thing? Can I have that as a desert?" asked Dan.
"He'll have a mixed leaf salad and so will I." interrupted Gavin, still laughing.
"Okay... what about you lovely mares?" asked the waiter, glad his ordeal with Dan was over.

PreviousChapters Next