• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 3,098 Views, 193 Comments

Jukebox Scribbles - Timaeus



A series of mini-stories featuring TwiDash based on song prompts. Heavily inspired by the TwiDash prompts given in the TwiDash group, expect little continuity.

  • ...
8
 193
 3,098

"The Touch"

*Note: This chapter is a direct continuation of Chapter 2!*
Song Prompt - "The Touch," Stan Bush


Twilight sat in a cheap hotel in Manehatten. Disgraced, shunned by the magical and academic community at large, and placed under suspicion, she didn’t have much of a choice. She looked at the precious few belongings she took with her. A couple books, a picture of her with all her friends, and a single cyan blue feather.

She still couldn’t believe that she actually found the courage to write that last note. In fact, the only reason she’s been able to keep going was because of the rainbow-maned pegasus that had somehow managed to steal her heart without her noticing.

Rainbow Dash…she must be worried sick about me. But I can’t face her now, not after the way I left without even saying goodbye…

Twilight sniffled as she moved to the room’s window to look at the sky of the setting sun.

Meanwhile far above the city, a rainbow-coloured blur flew through the skies of Equestria, trying to think of a plan to find her lavender-coated-crush. What? Do I still really think of her as just my ‘crush?’ No, this is way more important than some silly crush.

Just the image of Twilight was enough to keep Rainbow going. I'm the Rainbow Dash. No way I'm going to give up.

She thought for a moment as she flew.

I need to get her attention.

Rainbow flew higher and higher into the sky until the air was so thin she almost couldn’t breathe. Then, without warning she plummeted towards the ground below, gaining speed until the entire Equestrian sky was bathed in an explosion of rainbow across the entire darkening sky. A Sonic Rainboom performed at such heights was sure to be seen all across Equestria, even in a small motel at the edge of Manehatten.

Rainbow smiled as she flew towards a hill on the outskirts of Manehatten, her rainbow trail following in her wake, a clear marker for anypony who might be looking for her.

There, that should do it, Rainbow panted in exhaustion, I’ll keep this up every day until I find her.

Twilight looked up in wonder as the Rainboom blanketed the dusky sky. Rainbow Dash… She saw the rainbow trail end at a hill just outside of Manehatten.

She’s looking for me, but why? After the way I treated her, I thought she’d hate me, especially after what I said my journal.

Twilight thought and thought, her mind running in circles trying to decide what to do. Then, with a newfound look of determination in her eye, she steeled herself and ran out of the motel.

I’ll find her. No more thinking.

Even if it means this will be the last time I ever see her, even if it’s only for a few seconds, and even if we don’t even say anything to each other, it will be worth it.

Adrenaline surging throughout her body, Twilight picked up her pace and she galloped to the looming hill growing closer and closer with every step.

On that very hill the cyan pegasus waited. The same thoughts going through her head, she twitched her wings nervously as she had yet to calm down after performing such a massive Sonic Rainboom.

Rainbow sat and waited, ignoring her wings burning and yearning to take to the skies once more.

Twilight picked up her pace, ignoring the burning and screaming protests coming from her legs.

Twilight finally reached the hill, praying that she wasn’t too late, praying that she could at least tell Rainbow Dash that she was sorry. She climbed to the top and saw a familiar cyan-coated pegasus with a rainbow-mane flowing in the wind silhouetted in the almost set sun.

Panting, she called out to her, “R-Rainbow…”

Almost a whisper, Rainbow first thought she may have just been hearing things.

Putting a little more strength into her voice, Twilight called again, “R-rainbow Dash!”

Rainbow’s eyes went wide and she turned her head to see Twilight, eyes bloodshot, tear stains trailing down her cheeks, fur matted down from sweat and mane sticking out at odd angle. None of that mattered. At that moment, Twilight was the most beautiful thing Rainbow had ever seen.

“Twilight, I…” Rainbow started.

“I’m so sorry, Rainbow Dash! I-I’m sorry about everything. I just wanted to see you one last time…before I left, and I wanted to say that-mph!” Twilight was interrupted as a sea of cyan filled her vision and she felt something press up against her lips.

Rainbow Dash was kissing her! She poured all of her desire, her need, and her determination to not let Twilight go into the kiss. She refused to let Twilight leave.

Stunned, Twilight was frozen on the hilltop as the pegasus who had haunted her dreams kissed her. After a moment, Twilight let instinct take over as she returned the kiss with vigor, closing her eyes, she absorbed every sensation.

Her body felt like it was on fire everywhere Rainbow touched her, from her chest pressing up against hers to the cyan hoof running through her mane to their lips as the two began to struggle for air.

They broke the kiss. Gasping for breath, the two looked into each other’s eyes, both filled with love and adoration. Somehow, Rainbow was able to change Twilight's mind. Somehow, the reckless daredevil had wormed her way into Twilight's heart. Somehow, Twilight knew that everything was going to be okay.

“Let’s go home.”

Author's Note:

CONTINUITY! I hate sad endings, so I decided to link this chapter directly to Chapter 2. The song used to prompt this chapter was the classic "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush largely for the animated Transformers movie.

Writing these things with a word cap is hard. I respect all you authors that do this even more now.

Let me know what you think! Any suggestions for future song prompts?