• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 3,098 Views, 193 Comments

Jukebox Scribbles - Timaeus



A series of mini-stories featuring TwiDash based on song prompts. Heavily inspired by the TwiDash prompts given in the TwiDash group, expect little continuity.

  • ...
8
 193
 3,098

"O Fortuna"

Prompt - "O Fortuna" performed by Andre Rieu


Twilight panted breathlessly as the music swelled to a crescendo. The cascade of voices rose, echoing and reverberating through the concert hall. She could scarcely hear a single thing around her beyond the chorus of voices and her heart pounding in her ear.

She stumbled back against the wall and nearly tripped over her elegant dress as the force pushed her back. A small voice warned her to be more careful; Rarity had spent a sleepless night perfecting this dress for Twilight’s date tonight.

A date that Twilight would say was going quite well.

The voices sped up and instruments rose to a fevered pitch. The orchestra’s climax was fast approaching. Twilight rose up to her hind hooves and was pressed against the wall of her private box. Her hooves flew through multi-hued mane and she felt her partner’s hooves roaming her sides.

The walls were vibrating in time with the performance. Twilight buried her muzzle in cyan fur, inhaling the scent of her date’s strawberry body wash. She felt hot puffs of breath upon her ear and a voice lost in the music. She blushed at the closeness of the affair and tried to focus on the music, but to no avail.

Part of her felt guilty; Princess Celestia had sent tickets to see the Royal Canterlot Orchestra after a personal request. Twilight had the whole evening planned out. The morning was spent in the library, enjoying some quiet time with Rainbow. Then, after an afternoon train ride, they had a wonderful dinner in the comfort of Donut Joe’s. Next, after a little convincing on Twilight’s part, they had gone to see the Orchestra. After a romantic evening spent listening to the best orchestra in Equestria, they would go for an evening flight before returning to the library for a night spent in each other’s embrace.

A perfect way to celebrate their six month anniversary.

Twilight felt Rainbow nip at her neck and she stopped caring. She clumsily stumbled further into the box and away from prying eyes, her hooves catching on the hem of her dress. She felt Rainbow cup her cutie mark and squeeze. Twilight let out a moan lost in the din of voices. The peak of the performance was almost upon them and the entire audience was enraptured by the very best of Canterlot’s musicians.

Twilight, however, was more enraptured by Rainbow’s eyes gazing lovingly into her own.

Concealed by shadow and muffled by the music, Twilight captured Rainbow’s lips in a heated kiss. Sparks danced between their lips and Twilight pulled Rainbow closer. Her hooves circled Rainbow’s back and stroked her spread wings while Rainbow’s hooves rubbed, kneaded, and caressed everywhere they could, leaving trails of warmth in their wake.

Rainbow pressed her chest against Twilight’s, forcing her further up against the wall. Their kiss broke and left the two panting heatedly. Rainbow’s roaming hooves had finally found the straps of Twilight’s dress and struggled to undo them. Twilight nipped Rainbow’s ear while Rainbow’s hooves fumbled to liberate Twilight of her gown.

Twilight slipped free of her dress, shuddering as her fur met the cool night air. With a flash of her horn, she was quick to free Rainbow from hers as well. The two dresses lay forgotten on the floor as Twilight pulled Rainbow further back and in for another kiss.

The small part of her mind that wasn’t caught up in the embrace scolded her. Rarity was going to be furious, and she imagined her screams would be as loud as the voices of the orchestra.

Twilight felt a pair of strong, soft wings envelop her and once more she stopped caring. Rarity’s screams and the performance could wait. All that mattered was her and the pegasus in her hooves.

Her hoof slipped, and the two tumbled over onto the felt-carpeted floor. Twilight lay pinned beneath Rainbow Dash, her hooves circled around her lover’s neck. As Rainbow cupped Twilight’s cheek and stared into her eyes, Twilight blushed again. She was delighted to see an equally violent blush worn by Rainbow.

The orchestra had finished their performance, and within seconds the concert hall was filled with the sound of hooves stomping from the roaring applause of the audience. Rainbow and Twilight were both panting now and each lost in the other’s hypnotic gaze.

Twilight leaned in and nuzzled Rainbow’s cheek, wanting to make this tender moment last as long as it could. Rainbow returned the nuzzle and, in a low, breathless whisper, said, “I love you.”

Pulling away, Twilight stared dumbstruck at Rainbow for a moment before leaving a quick, tender kiss on Rainbow’s cheek.

“I love you too.”

Rainbow brought a hoof to her cheek and met Twilight’s gaze. In her eyes, Twilight saw love, warmth, and a fire that Twilight felt kindling in her own eyes. Rainbow darted down and recaptured Twilight’s lips.

The orchestra began their next song. The thrum of violins, cellos, clarinets, pianos, and a myriad of other instruments filled the hall. Voices rose and fell in time with the wave of the conductor’s baton. The sound of music echoed around, drawing the attention of every pony in the audience.

The only music Twilight heard that night was the music of her and Rainbow. The performance long forgotten in the background.

Author's Note:

So this took me forever to get around to.

As with the vast majority of prompts that I have lined up, this one's been waiting for quite some time to get written and see the light of day. A bit of a change up from my normal affair in music, the song this time around was "O Fortuna," suggested by Formerly Committed.

Also, thanks to CalmNQuiet for giving me the idea for how to write this one (even though it was several months ago)!