• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 1,880 Views, 17 Comments

Daddy's Little Girl - MsIkarishipper



Twilight Sparkle is engaged to her perfect boyfriend, Sky. But what will her parents think of him?

  • ...
9
 17
 1,880

The News

(Twilight's POV)

It's only been a week since my boyfriend, Sky Williams, had proposed to me in a rose-filled flower garden in the middle of New York City.

My parents have never met Sky in person because he always had something important to do. Ever since he and I met in our college library and graduated, Sky has been working at Starbucks as a cashier. I think it's really cute how he wears his signature green apron to work everyday.

I used to go visit Sky while he was working his afternoon shift before another employee came to replace him for the night shift. He'd buy a cappuccino and I'd purchase a white hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows.

I park my purple Nissan Cube in my parents' empty driveway. I'm guessing my dad's blue Saturn automobile is either parked in the garage in front of me or he's a work.

Stepping out of the car, I grab my magenta handbag and tighten the fabric belt on my gray coat. It's been really chilly and windy here in New York City, since it's the middle of February.

Knock Knock Knock.

I hear a latch unlock after I knock on my parents' front door. It opens and reveals my mother in black yoga pants, and a neon green tank top.

"Twilight! It's so good to see you again!"

Mom hugs me tightly as I enter her modern home. The living room looks much different than the last time I lay my eyes on it.

There was a chandelier on the ceiling which replaced the fan my parents' had owned earlier in the year. The furniture looks more new than hand-me-downs from my grandparents.

"You too Mom." I say as I take my short jacket off and set it on the coat hanger beside the door.

I sit on a moss green sofa beside my mother.

"So, what do you need, Twilight?" Mom questions me.

I sigh before I tell her the life-changing news.

"No way!" Mom squeals like a Justin Bieber fangirl.

"My baby girl growing up, she's already been proposed!"

Mom hugs me tightly. Her smile fades into a slight frown.

"Your father. What will he say about this?"

I sigh once again as Mom settles down into her seat.

"I think ... I think I should just tell him." I finally speak.

Mom looks at me like I'm going crazy.

I've learned from my past boyfriend experiences that Daddy has never approved of them. It was: "Him? With you? I don't think so." All I did was accept his opinion. But not this time. This time, I'm getting married to my perfect boyfriend, Sky Williams.

"You know what, I think your father should meet Sky on his own."

It's a pretty good idea, I think at first, but imagine what I could find in the kitchen! Oozing blood from my boyfriend's body and Daddy holding a chef's knife! No no no. That can't happen. It's impossible for Daddy to do that. Even to the man I love.

I suck up some oxygen from my nose and smile at my mother.

"Sure. I guess we can do that. Maybe, say, later this week?"

"Done."

I hug my mother goodbye before I leave to my automobile. I take my keys out and press UNLOCK. My Nissan blinks its bright headlights and I hear a click from all four doors.

It'll be okay, Twilight. You can trust Daddy because you love him. I review in my head.

I just hope I'm right.

Comments ( 2 )

Screw logic THEY'RE STANDING NEXT TO EACH OTHER SHIP THEM

this is pretty good regardless

198195

XD True! I think they're cute together! And thanks!

Login or register to comment