• Published 25th Feb 2013
  • 394 Views, 13 Comments

The Return Of Night - EndlessKnight980



It been a 1000 year since Endless Night was turn to stone. Now a curse Pony trying to remove her curse has become Endless saving grace. This follow the story. The Tail Of Endless Night.

  • ...
10
 13
 394

Chapter 28: Bad Luck

Endless wake out of the barn. They had gotten to sweet apple acre late. No pony were awake. So him and Shadow foot found some lofts with hey in them. He walk outside and look around.

“Morning.” Shadow yawn as he walk out.

“What that?” he pointed at a small glowing leaf. It floated down past them. They look at it. It was an oak leaf. But there were no oaks on sweet apple acre.

“O sweet equestria.” Endless said as he saw it.

“What? It just and oak tree.” shadow said kicking the large oak.

“That not possible. I just planted that before I left.” he said. Shadow look over the tree.

“Maybe the seed was enchanted.” he said as Endless walk over to the tree. Just then the tree shook and shot up another 5 feet.

“I think your right.” he said as he jumping back. He watch as the tree twisted and grow upward. There was something different about it. He could feel it. Like it haded a negative ora. He step through the tree again. The closer he got the worse the feeling got.

“What do we do?” Shadow ask. He look over to him and then back to the tree.

“How about you put that sword to uses.” he said looking at Shadow blade. he smile. Then drew his sword from it shift. Holding in the air with magic. He took a few steps back and started to run. Endless mouth drop open. With one swing he slice the tree down. It fell to the ground with a grand thud. The sound of splintering wood fill the air. Shadow was breathing hard.

“Are you ok?” he ask.

“Ya. I’ll. Be. Fine. Just. Need to. Catch my. Breath.” he said breathing hard.

“Take a break. I can handle it from here.” he said facing the tree. It had started to grew back. He quickly cast a fire spell. Burning the stump. He watch as the stump turn to ash. He stop and took a step back. He look over to Shadow foot.

“How you feeliiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg”he yell as he found himself being rising into the sky. Tree branches shooting up under him. He look around and saw Shadow chopping at the branches. Trying to get loose. The branches were wrapping around him. He try to get to him. But found his own legs were being wrap. They were moving fast. He look up could see the clouds. They burst through them. He could see a large cloud city off in the distances. The branches twisted and turn. It send them downward. He look over to Shadow.

“Hold on.” he yell to him. He look up and saw the ground. They were moving faster. The ground seem to open up.

“What going on?” Shadow yells.

“I don’t Know. Just hold on.” He yell as the enter the hole in the ground.

----------(few minute later)-----------

“Ow. That hurt. Were are we?” Shadow said from the darkness. Endless lit his horn and look around. He was pined to the ground. The room was small. There were rusty bars and chains. There were two bed hanging on the wall. It look like a jail cell.

“Endless Night. My son. I’ve been waiting for you.” He look around and saw a dark figure standing on the other side of the bars. The room lights up. White Night and Elma Corn were standing there. His father had a big smile. Elma however didn’t seem to like it.

“I bet your wondering how you got here. Well it really Que simple.” His father seem different. More full of himself. Like he thought no pony could harm him.

“I gave you that acorn. Know you plant it. So it was a simple curse. I made that tree bring you. Now that you’re here. I can begin.” he said casting a spell. The chains on the floor wrap around him. The chains on the wall wrap around Shadow. The tree branches unwrap and left the room.

“What are you planing?” Shadow yell. White smile.

“I don’t believe we’ve met. So shut it.” he said casting a spell and removing shadow mouth.

“Now then. Let me begin to explain. I plan to take over. Canterlot and all of Equestria.” he started to laugh. He laugh harder and harder. In Endless mind. His father seem unhinges. He finally stop.

“So father. How are you planing to do it?” he ask. His father eyes seem to have flames around them. He had an evil smile.

“I been planing that for some time now. I need to remove one thing from this world. Just one. Then take it place.” he started to laugh madly again. He knew that it was the chaos energy inside him. It was taking over. He smile. The energy had not taken over completely yet. There was still hope. His father stop laughing.

“You see son. I’ve been very busy since you birthday. You see. You can’t just take out a Princess and hope that every pony in the kingdom would accept it.” he said walking back and forward. Endless mind race as his father told him his plan. He continue to think about Luna and his unborn child.

“So I’ve been out. Planting seeds in the minds of different pony’s.” he said as he started to laugh again.

“Seeds?” he ask.


“Yes. A simple little curse. Once I take over. I will active it and it will spread. Then every pony will follow me.” he laugh madly again.

“True. They lose they free will. But it won’t matter. They will be the perfect, mindless, soldiers.” he continue to laugh. Elma face seem to tell the whole story. He figure that she was under his power now.

“Once I have my pony army. I will attack village by village. Town by town. City by City. Kingdom by Kingdom.” he laugh madly.

“Father your mad. Do you really think your going to get away with this?” he yell.

“How dare you. Talking to your father in that tone.” he said walking up to the cell. He reach through the bars and smack him across the face. He look back to his father. Blood running from his mouth. He spit onto the ground.

“I’m sorry son. But you made me.” he seem sad. Like he was his old self. But he quickly turn back into his mad state. He laugh madly once again.

“Now son. I don’t want you to get in my way. So I’ll be leaving you here. But don’t worry. I’ll return once I’ve kill the Princess.” He laugh madly and left the room. Elma stood there and watch them. Endless look over to Shadow. He seem to be in pain. He knew the spell his father had cast. He quickly cast the counter spell. Returning shadow mouth.

“Son of a bitch. He mad.” he said. Endless pull at his chains. He knew he needed to get loose. He try to cast the lock picking spell.

“That won’t work.” He look up. Elma was standing at the cage door. She had tears in here eyes.

“Your not under his control?” he ask.

“No. But if I don’t help him. I’ll die.” she told him.

“I understand. It ok. But I have to try.” he said trying the spell again. His horn lit up then rocks fell on his head. Blood pour from the top of his head.

“I told you it won’t work. He put a charm on the cell. There no way to escape.” she said. She put he hove through the bars and wipe the blood with a rag.

“Thank you.” he told her. She nodded her head and remove her leg. She walk over to a small table and sat down. She put her hoofs over her head and started to cry. He felt bad for her. It seem that she didn’t want any of this to happen.

“If you let us out we can protect you.” shadow said.

“I can’t. I’ll die if I do.” she said without rasing her head. Endless look to Shadow. He gave him a look. It was one that said to stop asking. He lay there and try to think. There had to be a way out. He hear a clinking sound. He look over to Shadow. He was pulling on the chains. He seem to be have some luck. He was surprise at how strong he was. Most Unicorns relied on magic. He watch as he pull the chain on his right hove out of the wall.

“Stop. I can’t let you.” Elma said running up to the cage. He pull the another chain from the wall. His front hooves landed on the ground as she open the cell door. He pull the last two chains out of the wall. She quickly shut the door. Then pull a metal bar across the cage.

“That won’t stop me.” he said running at the cell bars. He slam his shoulder into the bars.

“AAAAAAAAAAAA.” he scream in pain. He fell to the ground. He had be shock by lightning. It was running through out the bars. He drop to the ground.

“Tell your friend when he wake up. I’m sorry.” she said.

“It ok. I’ll tell him you don’t have a chose.” he told her. She nodded and left the room. Shadow moan in pain.

----------(hours later)-------------------

Shadow finally woke up. He put a hoof to the side of his head.

“Oooooo. That hurt. What hit me.” he ask.

“Never mind that. Can you get these chains off me? he ask. Shadow nodded and stood up. He grab onto the chains with his hooves and pull them out one at a time. He stood up and stretch his legs.

“Alright. Now to get out of here.” he said. Shadow look confuse.

“How? The cell been charm. If we try anything we get shock.” he said looking at the bars. Endless smile. It simple really. Elma going to let us out. His horn glow as he cast a spell on himself and shadow.

“Just follow my lead.” he said with a wink.

“There we go. Were almost out.” he said loudly.

“Just a little more and were free.” Shadow said louder. Elma ran into the room. She look in the cell.

“This can’t be. They gone.” she said in a panic. She remove the bar and open the door. She walk in and look around. Then the cell door close behind her. She turn to see them standing on the other side.

“I’m sorry. But we need to stop my father. We’ll come back for you later.” he said. They ran out of the room. Elma tear up. She sat down on the cells bed.

“I really do hope you can stop him.” she cry.

Author's Note:

AWR: Bow and arrows. "ok every pony. Gem stone here. i got spoilers." GEM STONE WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE YOUR GOING TO GET IT. "the closet lock and that wire won't break anything soon. back to the spoilers." DON'T YOU DARE! "He he he. ok here it is. Shadow foot going to be in the fic from now on." WAIT that it. i could have told them that. i mean i'm friends with both author's of dream come true. it they flat i'm writing. "so i can blame them?" yes. now get me out of here. "maybe later i want to read dream come true now." Gem stone. you can later. we need to do the question. "o right. Who told Endless, Red will, and White night, were they could find Luna and celestia after they return to Canterlot?" ok now let me out of here. "NEVER."