• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 14,451 Views, 464 Comments

The Trotzamore Stratagem - The Rarispy



(The Gems Trilogy: Episode 3) The Mane 6 try to stop Discord from gaining ultimate power, as they and Sweetie Belle face their own battles closer to the heart.

  • ...
21
 464
 14,451

Feeling Blue, Is It True?

Everything she said was true.

All my fussing and feeling sad…

And I was hoping, lying to myself… Even Golden Harvest couldn’t help me in the end.

He loves me less than before… And he’s going to continue loving me less.

Spike…

“So get ready for this one, because today the Cutie Mark Crusaders are going… FLY FISHING!”

“HURRAY!”

So, that’s it, then? It all means nothing… just because we’re children?

That’s not fair. Who decided something stupid like that anyway?

Well whoever they are, I hate them!

“Sweetie Belle? Hello! Are you with us?”

“Huh? What? Oh… uh, yeah, I’m with you guys!”

“Aw, come on, don’t tell me this is happening again!” Scootaloo sounds really angry… “I thought we were done with this whole ‘head in the clouds’ thing!”

“I’m sorry, Scootaloo…”

“Okay, what’s that thing that my mom says cousin Rumble has? Some weird disease called ‘Hay-Dee-Dee’ or something? Makes him not pay attention or something. Do you have that!?”

“No, it’s just… I’m sorry, I just have things on my mind.”

“Again?”

“Again.”

“Is it about Spike?” I think Apple Bloom knows me too well…

“Yeah.”

“Is it somethin’ you can talk to us about?”

“…Probably not.”

No, they wouldn’t understand. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are my best friends, but… they’ve never known love like I have.

“If you want, we can… hold off on crusading for today.”

“No, I can’t let you guys give up just because I’m down!”

I still feel bad for forcing them to kick me out three months ago. I hate it when I have to give up my friends for a day just because I’m feeling sad…

“But we’re not going to crusade without you! We… learned our lesson last time.”

“Mah leg’s still stingin’ a bit. …Ow. Darn ol’ manta rays.”

“…Okay. Maybe I do need some time off. I’m sorry, girls.”

“It’s okay. We understand.”

“Yeah. Just go off and give yerself time to think. And then we’ll arrange another day for crusadin’ when things are right as rain!”

“Thanks.”

As least they’re understanding. They may not know the answers to my problems, but I think I know a pony who will…

“Wait, Sweetie Belle! That’s the way to the Everfree Forest!”

“I know!”

Or rather, a zebra.

I just hope Zecora can help me with my problem…


“…and that’s why I just ran out! Because I feel like the more time I spend with, the more our love is going to fade away! I’m scared that I’m going to start feeling like I love him less too! What do I do?”

Zecora rubbed her chin. Probably doing some intense zebra calculations in her head.

“These words, I am sad to say. But a solution for you, I have nay.”

“Oh. But… can’t I use that—heart’s desire flower thing to keep our love boat floating?”

I spotted one of those flowers on her desk and went to pick it up, but she swiped it away before I could.

“Help you, the Heart’s Desire can’t! For eternal happiness, it does not grant. For you, it will be no use, for trying to use it will only confuse.”

“But—there’s gotta be something! Please, I’m desperate!”

I was pretty much yanking her leg now, but she didn’t say anything, at least not for a few minutes. Then, she walked over to the window. I didn’t even notice it was starting to get dark out.

“There is one way I might know. A special place, to which you must go.”

“A special place? What could it be?”

“A quaint and common spot, but it will fit the bill. In order to find hope, you must first find a hill.”

“A hill?”

“Indeed, and once you are there, you will encounter a sight so rare. And that, Sweetie Belle, is your safest bet. To stare into the sunset.”

“The… sunset?”

“In my homeland, we would find the highest sand. There, we gazed into the sunset. And what did we get? It is said our wisdom, the sunset it came from.”

“So all I have to do is look into the sunset, and I… might be able to figure out what to do based just off that?”

She nodded. I thought about it for a few minutes. I didn’t know what else to do, but at the same time… Come on, staring into the sunset? REALLY?

“I don’t know, that sounds kind of… weird.”

“Do what you choose, young Belle. But those who choose to skip wise decisions always end up in… um…”

“Huh?”

Suddenly, she zipped into the back room really fast. I’m… still not sure what that was all about.

So, looking into the sunset. Definitely not doing that, that just sounds like a waste of time. It looks like Zecora wasn’t such a good help either.

Man… I really wish Rarity were here.

She would know what to do.

Sigh


"Luna... Luna..."

"Go away. Leave me alone."

"No, Luna. It is me."

"This is a trick! You are playing with my mind! I demand that you stop!"

"I am no trick. Luna... I am here once more."

"But you can't be. You're-- You're--"

ERRRRRAAAHHHHHH!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, STUBBORN LITTLE WELP!? YOU CANNOT EXIST HERE ANY LONGER! YOU ARE DISRUPTING THE VERY FABRIC OF NATURE BY BEING HERE! LEAVE THIS PLACE!"

"I will not leave. Not as long as she needs me. Not as long as you force me to intervene."

"Is it... really you?"

"Yes. My dear teacher Luna... I have missed you so."

Author's Note:

Zecora is EXTREMELY difficult to write for.