• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,107 Views, 138 Comments

PonyFable - Omega_code

  • ...
9
 138
 2,107

Chapter 1: The Journey of Jack Truman

Jack was in a clearing in some sort of dark and gloomy forest. At first he thought he was in the Doomwood, but the forest’s trees were alive and full of leaves compare to Doomwood bare trees. He was in a forest that he never have ever been in before; he must have be teleported far form Flaconreach, or even Battleon. Jack sighed out loud and started thinking that somehow this was all Cysero fault. Which should have been expected, since anything can happen when Cysero involves himself in any sort of problem, his or someone else. The only thing that Jack could do right now is the thing that he does best; pick a random direction and hope for the best (that an adventurer spirit for ya). Jack took another look around and decided to go north, or that what he hope it was, and ventured into the forest.

*********************************

The elemental avatars must have been helping Jack, for it wasn’t too long till he found a simple dirt path. The path continued to head north, so he must have been going the right direction. “This path must lead somewhere otherwise it won’t be here,” Jack said out loud. Jack realized that he didn’t have Wistala with him, which made him to think quietly for a while. “I hope you’re not too worry about me Wistala, I will find a way back home.” He went on the path and continued heading north; unaware of the creature that was following him.

The creature was hungry, and not too happy that it wasn’t able to get anything for lunch, but this… two leg creature will have to do. It let out a mighty roar and leaps for its meal.

Jack heard the roar and instantly jump to his right, as a big blur of yellow and red went past him. Jack took a moment to look at the monster that attacks him, and saw that it was creature that he has never seen before. It had the body of a loin, put way bigger, there was what seems like huge bat wings on its back, and it had a scorpion tail for its, well tail, and it was in a position ready to strike. Jack thought that this creature must be an experiment of mage that escape. No matter he can handle this monster with any of his weapons. He reaches behind his back to grab…..air…he just remember that he left his backpack at Lim’s shop. Great, he thought to himself, guess I have to fight you another way.

The creature not wanting to waste any more time jump towards Jack with its claws fully extended, ready to tare Jack limb by limb. Jack crosses his arms and a magical barrier formed around him in a flash. The creature land on top of the barrier with all of it might, and the barrier withstood the attack. “Nice try, but I not going down that easy,” said Jack as he made a fist with one of his hand and started to pull it back forming one of his spells. Once he felt the spell was ready, he unfurls his fist and lashes it forward towards the creature’s chest, sending a mighty ball of wind. The ball collided with the chest and made the creature fly backwards in the air, but it spread its wings and it land softly on the ground. However, Jack was planning on that and was rushing toward the creature and gave it a hard right hook to the face hoping to daze it. However, the blow only drew some blood from the creature’s nose, and now it was really angry. It lashed with its tail only to bounce off of the barrier that was still around Jack. Jack jump back couple of steps away from the creature preparing another spell. He held both of his hand to his chest like he was warping them around an invisible sphere; building up some sort of yellow energy that was forming between his them, making a loud crackling noise. Then he extended both of his hands out and a big energy beam was lash out towards the creature. However, the creature appeared to be a fast learner, for it instantly jumps over the beam, spread its wings, and went for a collision course for Jack. Jack had no time to doge it and hopes that his barrier was still strong enough to hold out… it wasn’t. The creature broke right through the barrier, and landed right on top of Jack, sending both of them to the ground.

The creature had Jack shoulders pin to the ground, and the creature’s face was right in front of Jack, grinning showing its sharp teeth (or are they fangs?). “Don’t think that you've won yet, I still have a handful of tricks left,” Jack said as he left one of his free hands and slammed it to the ground. A stone pillar erupted from the ground striking the creature hard on its left side, free Jack from the ground. Jack quickly got up and prepared his final spell. Both of his arms were spread down to his sides, focusing his mana into the spell. Heat was building up around him, but he didn’t mind, and once the spell was ready he jump into the air while raising his arms up at the same time. A wall of flame came forth and covered the creature, head to tail, in a roaring flame storm. The creature was in a state of panic as it body was getting burn from the storm; it got out the flame storm and fled away deep into forest, getting far as it can from Jack.

Jack watch as the creature run away, he was breathing hard, since it been awhile when he used so many spells all at once. He moved one of his hands to reach inside his chest to touch an amulet that hung around his neck under his armor. It glowed and he felt some new mana being restored inside him. Jack took another deep breath and released it and felt a lot than before. He took another look in the direction were the creature fled to. It’s not coming back for another round, Jack thought, I should try and get out of this forest before it find some its “friends”. So Jack continued on heading north but this time he ran the path and kept an eye out for anything that looked out of place.

About thirty minutes pass tell Jack saw the end of the road for this forest. He picked up his pace and shortly he was out of the forest, only to be greeted by the brightness of the sun. Jack held a hand in front of face to help dim down the light, thinking that the sun was never this bright before. After his eye adjusted he lowered his hand and took in the new scenery, and it was beautiful. The grass color was a soothing green and was rippling as the wind blow through them. There were mountains the distance that took half of the sky. Jack could hear birds singing their songs happily through the air. It was a very calming moment for Jack, a moment that he hasn’t had in a long time, but he need to get back on track. He took a look around for any sign of sort of buildings or even a town. Lucky for him he saw a thin stream of smoke coming from the distance to his left. Hopefully that meant there was a building with people, who known where the nearest inn is because he was getting tired and hungry.

It was not too long till Jack saw that the smoke led to what looked like a cottage, that to Jack’s eye look more like a petting zoo. It had a ton of different animals everywhere, some in fences areas and some rooming free; it basically looked like Aria’s pet store, but bigger and it was all outside. He went to the cottage’s front door and noticed that the door was smaller than the average door, which made he think that a dwarf was living here. He reaches for the door knock on it saying, “Hello anybody home, I need help getting to the nearest town or inn.”

“Oh..um one second please, that is if you don’t mind,” said a female voice that Jack barley heard. Soon Jack heard a clopping noise coming to answer the door. Wait? CLOPPING!? The door opened to revile a yellow pony with a pink mane and big cyan color eyes. She look at Jack, and Jack look at her, both have their mouth open in a surprised state. Then the yellow pony squeaks, “Eepe,” and quickly closed the door.

“Wait,” Jack said as he quickly put one of his foot to stop the door from closing. The door slammed on his foot and in some sort of bad luck it ignored Jack’s armor. Jack instantly withdrew his foot form the door and started to hop in pain, saying words (That I will not write down) of the pain that he was in. “Suns that is one strong pony,” Jack finish with his insults. He looked back to the door a thought about what just happen. A yellow talking pony just answers the door. He had seen many different type of animals talk before but never a horse; never in his travel throughout Lore has Jack ever saw this type of creature before, nor have he heard about them either. Just then a thought came to him that maybe, just maybe, he was no longer in Lore anymore, but another world; and this pony is his only help that he have right now.

He went back to the door and knelt by it, and started to speak slowly and as calmly as he can, “Hay I just want to let you know that I won’t hurt you, and I need your help. You see, I’m lost; I’m far from home and need help getting back. I don’t know where to go and I bet you know someone who can help me. So can you please help?” He waited for a while, but she didn’t came back. Sadly he got up…only to be stop by her faint voice.

“Somepony…I know somepony who might help…if that ok with you that is.” Jack smile and replied that would be just find. The door open again and the yellow pony came out, partly hiding behind her pink mane. Then she look up with one of her eyes and said,”Um…I know a pony name Twilight who lives in Ponyville that might help, and I can led you there... if that alright.” Jack was in a state of aw, for some reason she was making him smile in how shy and cute she was being at the same time. Jack thought that no one could do any harm to her with the way she been acting. Jack said that would be fine and ask what her name. She replied that it was Fluttershy.

Jack and Fluttershy walk together on a path that went northwest this time, and they talk to each other as they went, or least that was what Jack was trying to do with Fluttershy. As her name implied she was very shy and Jack barley heard any of the answer to his question. Here are some of the things that he learned so far: the land he was in is called Equestira, Fluttershy is a pegasus who take take care of many different types of animals, the forest he was in is called the Everfree Forest, and the creature that he fought was called a manticore. Finally Fluttershy ask where Jack came from and he was happy to answer. Jack told her that he came from the world of Lore, full of many magical creatures, animals and adventure in every corner. She asks what type of animal that Lore has and here are some of Jack answers: Chickencows, Pridelords, Dandytigers, Gorillaphants, Wyverns, Dragons and much, much more. However, Fluttershy said that they have dragons too, which Jack took some interest in.

When they got to the outskirts of Ponyville, Jack felt that he was back at home in Falconreach , because Ponyville looked pretty much the same. The buildings were built in the same style and it had that same colorful relaxing feel to it. There were ponies walking throughout the streets, buying, selling, or talking to other, living their normal life, much like what he normally see in Flaconreach. It was a mini-Falconreach , only without the Guardian Tower in the background, but there was a castle built to the side of a mountain, something that Jack has never seen before in his life. He asks Fluttershy what the name of the castle which she replied that it was Canterlot. After Jack took in the sight he motion Fluttershy to continue to led the way to Twilight’s house.

The trip through Ponyville was a little awkward for Jack, because the ponies either did one of two things; stand there with their mouth wide open, or they run and hide from his view. For the one who stood with their mouth open, Jack smile and wave nicely as he can. Soon they came to a house that was a tree (or is it a tree that is a house?), and from what Fluttershy told him also severed as the town’s library, which is where Twilight live in. Fluttershy went to the door and knock on it, and to Jack surprised a purple with green spikes and underbelly wingless walking on it hind legs baby dragon answer. “Hay there Fluttershy how you doinaaaaaaaaaaahh!” The dragon screams as he saw Jack standing behind Fluttershy. “WATCHOUT FLUTTERSHY THERE A MONSTER BEHIND YOU,” he said and quick got on her back and spat out a green flame at Jack. The green flame struck Jack chest plate, barley making any sort of mark. Jack look down to his chest then back to the dragon not amuse of what just happen.

Jack bended down till he was face to face with the dragon and said, “I am not a monster, but a person who has lost his way and is looking for a pony name Twilight, whom Fluttershy here suggested to me to meet with.” Then with a bit more edge to his voice, “Also if I was you, I would think twice before taking on a creature with that weak flame you have.” The dragon look at Jack with wide eyes and took a gulp, got off Fluttershy’s back and head back inside the house yelling Twilights name. Jack saw that Fluttershy was staring at him, not approving of what he did to the baby dragon. “Don’t look to me like that, back where I come from that could have gotten him hurt, or even kill he did that to the first random monster he meet.” It seem that she was about to say something, but a set of hooves was clopping towards them. Jack look and saw a purple unicorn pony coming up to them.

She looks toward Jack for a while and with a wide smile said, “Hi, I’m Twilight Sparkle and I believe you’re looking for me?”





Dragonfable is copyright to Artix Entertainment, LLC.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro and whoever else has the rights.
All charters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.