• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,106 Views, 138 Comments

PonyFable - Omega_code

  • ...
9
 138
 2,106

Chapter 7: Plans for the Future

Jack watched in horror as Wistala and the creature crash land into the valley down below. The building shook even though the crash was a few miles away. “Hold on,” Celestia told him.

“To what,” he asked; his body glow and there was a white blinding and sudden he and Celestia were at the edge of the wreaked. Wistala was already starting to decrease in size, going back to her original state. Jack looked at the dragon like creature’s carcass, which was also made out of stone. Unlike the smaller golems, this one had multiple gem stones in its head, body and wing. To Jack relief it wasn't reforming, so he didn’t have a fight in his hand. He rushed to Wistala’s side as she finally reverted back to her original state. She had a several small wound on the side of her neck, holes in both of her wings, many scales were missing, and who know how many internal injuries. Jack took his backpack off, put it on the ground, reach into one of the side pocket and pull out a bottle full of red liquid. Jack opened the bottle and gentle open Wistala’s mouth and slowly poor the liquid in making sure that it went down her throat. Soon the potion took its effect and her wounds slowly sealed up. Just when the bottle was out she emitted a couple of coughs.

“Yuck,” she weakly mumbled. Jack herd Celestia’s hoof steps from behind him.

“She’s alright,” Jack gratefully said, “She just needed a very long nap.” He picked Wistala up firmly in his arms and turned to face Celestia.

She nodded her head and said, “She can sleep in the room she had last night.” Celestia’s horn glow again and another flash of light engulf Jack, who quickly found his was in some sort of room. The room was big, even to his standers; there was a fireplace with fire dancing inside it, a normal (to Jack) size bed and a small one near the fire for Wistala. There were cloths banners that hung on the wall mostly made out of blue and gold fabric and a balcony with a view over the mountain side. Jack walked to the bed near the fireplace and gently put the sleeping dragoness in it, who mumbling a few words in the dragon language (which sound like she was gurgling rocks). “Are you sure there nothing else you need to treat her,” Celestia asked.

Jack shook his head, “The potion healed her serious wounds, she going to be asleep for the rest of the day to heal anything else and to regain back her spent mana. Once she wakes up, she will be hungry for food, gems, and metals. Then she will be good as new, and ready for another fight.” Jack then look at his hands and chest, then at Wistala’s bed to noticed all of the blood. “I do need some cloths and soapy water to clean the blood off of my armor and Wistala, and some new sheets for the bed too.”

“I’ll send them down soon,” Celestia said. “Also feel free to rest here if you so desired. I’m going to check on Twilight and her friends. See you soon, hero.” Celestia walk out of the room and left Jack with Wistala. Jack got up and started to remove his armor, thinking about what happen at the battle, trying to put pieces of this puzzle together.

******************************

Celestia told one of the many castle servants to deliver the items Jack needed to his room. The castle staff was a bit shook up from the battle and from what she could tell only the throne room and the vault was attack. She soon met with her sister talking with Captain Altair. “The creature is faster than it looks. I sent a group of the Wonderbolts to try to find it, but it’s long gone. I’m surprised a creature that huge got away so quickly,” Altair said. “Other than that, there are only minor injuries of the civilians due to the mass panic; the four guards in the vault are in the hospitable being treated of their injuries, the doctor said they will make a full recovery. The only item missing from the royal vault is Emperor Furry Wing’s Shield. ”

“Thank you for news Captain, continue on with thy duty,” Luna said. Altair bowed his head, and trotted away. “Ah, sister how is Wistala and Truman?”

“They are fine, Wistala is resting and Jackson is cleaning up. How are Twilight and her friends?”

“They’re shaken up, except for Rainbow Dash, who made it quite clear of how upset she was for being pulled out of the battle. She sure has her ancestors’ spirit running in her.” Yes it was true the pegasus of past were warlike and eager to be involve in battle, and some of that still runs in many pegasi today; one of the reasons why they make good guards. “How are you doing Tal?”

“I’m fine,” she said; however, Luna looked at her knowing that she was lying. Celestia sigh, “You know me too will little sister. The truth is that I’m devastated that one of my little ponies was behind this attack. Wondering if it was something that I did that would cause him to act this why.”

“I don’t it’s because of you Tal,” Celestia looked at Luna whose face was stern. “I felt a presence in Obsidian, not Nightmare like but something like it.”

“I hope you are wrong little Sis.”

***************************

Obsidian examined the shield, he once read about how Furry Wing defeated two dragons with it. Of course the tale said that he brought a small army when engaging the dragons, but the tale told how it block the full fury of dragon fire and not a single feather on his body was singe. “The shield can do that, and much more when it’s fully functional,” the voice spoke, “now put it back.” Obsidian grunted and put the shield on the table with the others. Along with the tablet and the shield, there were four other pieces of stone on the table. Only four were missing, one with the dragons, one to remake, one still waiting to be found, and one lost in another world. “We let that human get the helm from the dragons; you need to work on the bladed.” Human, so that what the two leg creature is called. How do you know that he will get the helm? “The probability is extremely high that he will go out and try to get it. He will make your job much easier of getting it. Just have the scout to keep you inform on the human progress. In the meantime, work on the bladed since you have enough materials and power to build it. Once done I need you to work on another creature that we will need for the future.” As you wish. Obsidian moved away from the table and look to the back of the cave at the crystal formation.

“Don’t worry little sis, you’ll be free soon,” he mumble out.

****************************

Jack soon got the cleaning cloths, sheets and the soapy water that he asked for. He quickly cleaned the blood off his armor and off Wistala’s body. He then changed the sheets without any difficulty, since Wistala always was a heavy sleeper. Jack also took the opportunity to change into more fitting cloths that he always kept inside his backpack. It was a simple green cotton shirt with a brown set of pants. He had also a leather belt and a pair of leather boots, which his feet were happy with the change for spending the last two days in his DragonLord boots. Jack stomach growl at him; informing him that it was lunch time. He looked at Wistala one more time, seeing her doing small twitches which mostly happen when she was having a pleasant dream.

Jack walk down the hallway in the direction the servant told him were the kitchen was. Many of the pony staff watch Jack walk by and he heard many of them mumble about the battle that only happen an hour ago. Some talk about how Jack fought side by side with the Princess, the sudden appearance of a dragon above Canterlot, and how long it was going to take to repaired the damaged. “Jack Truman,” somepony ask from behind.

Jack looked back, “Ah Lieutenant Tempest, how are you doing; I presumed you’re a bit upset to miss the battle. “

“I’m doing fine, and no I’m not upset, I made sure that the Elements stay safe when we were attack. “

“The Elements?”

“Yes, Celestia student and her friends.” Well that’s new info. “Celestia thought that you might be hungry and has arranged a meal to be ready in the dining hall. I’m here to lead you.” Thoughtful of her, or she is a mind reader.

Waving a hand Jack said, “Lead the way.” Tempest led Jack to a room with windows out looking of the castle’s garden, with a long rectangle table in the middle of the room. Celestia, Luna and the six girls (or mares) was in the dining hall sitting by the table. They all stop in what they were doing and look at Jack as he walked towards them. I hate when people do that, Jack thought, it makes me uncomfortable. Rainbow Dash zoomed up to greet him with a big smile on her face.

“OHMYGOSH, I saw you fight before I was dragged away. You handle those things with single swing, and BAM, it fell down. You did well, but I bet I could have done it faster. “

“It’s not all about speed,” Jack quickly remark with a strong edge in his voice. Rainbow Dash looked at him with a shocking look. “Speed is the last thing I think about in a battle. Speed also can make you lose the battle if used incorrectly.” Her ears flop in disappointment. “Now what type of food do we have for today?” There was soup, salad, cake, several sorts of bread, and a group food with apple flavor. I think I try the soup, even though there no spoons to eat it with. The table had a low setting for him, since it was design to be at a right level when the ponies sat to eat. He picked the bowel up and took a sip. The flavor was good, he could taste berries in the mix but not the main ingredients. “What’s in the soup,” he asked as he took another sip.

“Boil hay and crush oats, mix with arrangement of berries, fruits and vegetables,” Pinkie answered. “Why? You don’t like it?”

Jack’s eyes slightly widen and he stopped sipping in the soup. He gulped what he had in his mouth. He look at the bowl and thought, I had worse. “No, it’s just my sister was a cook, and I had to developed a good senses of taste because of her food. It’s a habit of mine to ask what’s inside of food I never tried before.” Pinkie looked at Jack with a puzzle look. “Not saying that your cooking is bad, it’s just a new taste to me.” And for food that mostly for horses, it pretty good. “Now I have question for you Celestia.” Celestia look up from her tea that was drinking. “Where is the dragon that has the piece of stone that was shape as a face?”

She levitated the cup down and asked, “Why.”

“If Obsidian is gathering objects like the tablet, the one with the dragon might be his next one he go after. If I get it before him, it will stale his plans and maybe we’ll find out what he’s up to. If we know what he’s up to, we can stop what he’s doing as while. Once Wistala is up and ready I head out, I just need a map and destination.”

“I do better; I send two of my guards to fly you there. As for the dragon that has the helm you’re going have to find him with all of the others dragons. “

Rainbow Dash spoke energetically, “Can I come along too.”

“NO,” both Celestia and Jack said at the same time. Jack went on, “I don’t want to put anyone else in danger.” He looked at Celestia, “Your guards can lead me there, but when I search for the dragon himself I do it alone.”

“But I can help, I can fly faster than anyone other those dragons,” Dash said. “I can also fly around looking for whatever you need in a flash.”

Jack shook his head, “How are you going to steal a piece of treasure from a dragon right in front of him without him knowing? Do you have any protection or a way to defend yourself if you get caught? Do you even have any training to fight?”

“No, but…”

“Then I don’t need you. I can handle this, the reasons why, I’m a DragonLord; I’m trained for this type of mission, I got the equipment, and a plan. Just running in and hoping for the best just ends up with failure. And failure is not an option.” Rainbow Dash looked at Jack, with a frown on her face. You just too thrill seeking Dash, Jack thought, and I don’t need that.

“As you wish Truman,” Celestia said. “Now let’s eat together and forget about our current troubles for now.”

*************************
Wistala was sitting on top of a shelf, hiding behind an assortment of junk watching a lone female walking around in the house. “Wistala,” the female called out, “Where are you?” She looked around the room hand near her mouth, nervously biting her nails. “Oh, my brother is going to kill me if I lost you.” She walked a bit closer to the shelf and the dragoness made her move. Moving in front of junk she leaped into the air and head towards the unsuspecting female. The female yelp in surprise of the extra the suddenly gain and fell to the ground.

“Gotcha,” Wistala squeak out in her small developed bits of English she had. The female’s was a bit shock of what happen to her, but soon she was laughing.

“Yes you have you young mischief dragon, and I bet it’s because you want one of my freshly treats,” she said.

The aroma coming from the kitchen fill the young dragon noses and Wistala nod her head saying, “Treat, treat, treat.” The female lifted the dragoness up and set her on the floor and got up and head towards the kitchen with the dragon tailing along. Once they were inside the female went to the counter and reach out a pull a small rectangular piece of food. She then knelt in front of the young baby dragon.

“This here is a new recipe that I have been working on for a few months. You are going to be my first true living creature to taste it, beside myself of course.” She held the treat in front of Wistala’s face, who took a moment to move her snout and sniff the treat in the female hand. The smell was new to her as well as it was unique. She took a small nibble of the edge and the flavor boomed in her mouth. She stanch the treat and quickly gobble the sweet and savory treat.

She looked up to the female and squeak out, “More, More.”

The female held one finger in the hand and said, “And.”

Wistala look at the female for a while and said, “Please.”

“Thank you,” she got up and got another treat then kneeled back down. “You know if Jack finds out about these treats you won’t get anymore.” She held the treat, waving it in front of Wistala.

“Secret,” Wistala said and grab the treat out of her hand, and ate it a bit more slowly than last time.

“I hope so,” she said.

The sound of a door opening emitted along with Jack’s voice, “Rebecca are you still here?”

“In the kitchen little brother,” she answer. She looked at Wistala and whisper, “You better finish that treat of yours young lady.”

Wistala woke up with the sound of a crackling fire ringing in her ears. Her whole body was sore. Then she remembered what she went through. Obsidian, she thought and tried to jolt up, only to be met with her soring pain. She winced and slump back down in the bed. Nope, she thought, still need more time resting. “Jack,” she asked. No replied. Go ahead Jack just leave me behind…again. She sighed, thinking about the memory she just recently dreamed. If Wistala remember correctly it happen about two months after she moved in with Jack. Rebecca was the person who helped her learn to speak English at such a young age. Rebecca normally visited Flaconreach to pick up supplies for the Inn she work at, and since she didn’t have a Dragon amulet she couldn’t talk to Wistala. Rebecca was determined to teach Wistala English, despite what Jack said that it took years for a dragon to learn English. “Guess I’m a fast learner,” Wistala mumble out loud, for it took Rebecca only four months till Wistala was fully able to talk in English. “Rebecca,” Wistala morosely said, “I sure do miss you.”




Dragonfable is copyright to Artix Entertainment, LLC.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro and whoever else has the rights.
All charters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.