• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,106 Views, 138 Comments

PonyFable - Omega_code

  • ...
9
 138
 2,106

Chapter 6: The Battle at Canterlot

Sleep, it been a long time since I had sleep a sky blue unicorn thought to himself. However he wasn’t tired, or even getting tired, he felt as if he had unlimited energy running through him, that he could take the Elements head on. “You’re just fooling yourself,” the voice said, “your body can’t even handle my entire power, you’ll burn up. Sometime I wonder why you think of such foolish thoughts.” Because hopeful thoughts are good, I said. “Hopeful thoughts,” the voice mockfully said, “As long as these thoughts don’t mess with your job, dream all of these foolish thoughts you want.” They won’t, the unicorn look at his work, spent the whole night looking for the right type of stone, earth, and gems, and they were finally ready. “Then I think it’s time to visit Canterlot and say hello.”

*************************************

Canterlot was big, probably as big as Swordhaven, and still Jack felt like a giant. After the their pickup drop them off on a landing strip a pegasus, who’s name was Tempest, greeted them and told them to follow him to the castle. They walk past many ponies that all stop in their task, watching the towering human walking by. Jack happily wave, trying to show that he was friendly; in the corner of his eye he see that Twilight look a bit better after hearing his story. This made him happy; making others temporally forget about their troubles is always good. After a couple of minutes they reach the main gate of the castle, and coming from the sky was a familiar sight. “Wistala,” Jack shouted out with joy waving his arms in the sky. Wistala was coming in fast and soon she few fly right into Jack’s arm casing both of them to the ground. “It nice to see you’re alright.”

“Me too,” Wistala replied. Then she promptly let out an electrical charge at Jack, electrocuting him. Jack yep in surprise as electricity ran through his body. “And if you scarce me like that again, the next charge will be a bit more painful,” she lividly said. Yep that Wistala, hard to let something go, “So aren’t you going to introduce me to your new friends,” she ask look over Jack’s head to the six ponies and the one dragon.

“Right,” Jack got up and Wistala skillfully stayed on Jack’s right shoulder. Pointing to each one he said, “They are Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Spike.” Then looking at the entire group, “Everyone this here is Wistala, the dragon who is my partner and I’m her rider.” The ponies were all amazed when they look at Wistala, even Spike look a bit jealous for some reason. Wistala however was hard to tell what emotion she was having. Dragons don’t have many facials expressions, add with that their pupiless eyes, it makes it almost impossible to tell what a dragon was thinking.

“If you’re done with introductions, I think we should continue our way to the throne room,” Tempest said.

“Of course, led the way,” Jack said, “Also Wistala can you please get off my shoulder, you’re not as light as you use to be.” She look at Jack, spread her wings started to hover off of Jack’s shoulder, flying by his side. As they were walking Jack and Wistala talk about how each other’s days went. It was pleasant to her that Wistala was taken well care of, doubtful that she would have the same level of care in a village back on Lore. Soon the group reached the throne room, where Jack saw the two alicorn sitting on their sun and moon thrones. Jack has never seen creatures like them before; beautiful but with the power of an element avatar from what Wistala briefly told him. Once he was near the two princesses Jack did a respectful bow and said, “Greeting your highnesses, I thank you for the humble care you gave to Wistala, and I thank you for taking the time to help me.”

“Please to meet you Jackson Truman, the hero from the town of Falconreach,” Celestia said. Word gets around fast, Jack thought. “I hope that your stay in Equestria so far has been a pleasant one.”

“It has, I couldn’t have it any better,” Jack said as he straightened his pose.

“Good, I also believed I something else that belongs to you,” Celestia horn glow and Jack’s backpack float from behind the throne and head toward Jack.

“Thank you, you Highness; I thought I lost this back on Lore. However, I wish I could bare more good news.”

“Why? What happen?”

Twilight spoke up, “I'm sorry Princess, but the tablet you gave me to study was stolen from me last night. I don’t know who or how it happen, I couldn’t find any trace of the tablet or the thief. Please forgive me.” She lowered her head ready to receive the worst punishment she could wildly imagine.

Celestia seemed unfazed of what she heard, but Jack saw her eyes slightly dilate, “My dear Twilight, I forgive you, it was just some dusty old useless tablet.” Ya right, Jack thought, a tablet that isn’t affect by magic is totally useless. “Don’t worry about it for now Twilight, right now we should talk about the reason our guest is here.” She turn her head and face Jack, “I would like you to know that I have no solution for you to be able to head back home. Dimensional travel has been theorizes but never tested.” I guess Lore is more advance in magic than Equestria, Jack thought, portals to others world has been done before, of course they mostly end up in the Void or one the Elemental Planes.

“Well it’s a good thing that I told Lim to find a solution,” Wistala spoke up, “just before I lift I made sure that Lim will find a way to get us back, I doubt that he, Cysero or even Warlic will fail us.” Poor Lim, Jack thought, facing the wrath of a dragon is scary thing, and he should know for living with Wistala for two years. “I bet they already found a way and working on it right this instance.”

“I sure they are Wistala,” Jack said, “I also sure that it’s going to take a while for them to get it working. For now I guess we just wait until then; unless something pops up while we wait.” Jack turn to face Celestia, and she was facing him.

“Jackson can I talk to you outside for a moment,” she said.

“Oh course your Highness,” he replied as he walked off to follow Celestia. Let’s see what this useless dusty old tablet truly is.

**************************************

Wistala watch Jack walk away, she turn her head to face the others ponies, and they were all looking at her. Great, she thought, more question. Go ahead Jack leave me here so you can find out what that tablet is; it’s probably is just an old dusty tablet. “So let me guess some answers: Yes I’m a dragon, I been with Jack for two years, yes I can use electricity along with fire and other types of elements, and my favorite color is green. Anything else?” The ponies look to one another then Rainbow Dash asks.

“What exactly do you do with Jack?”

“I fight beside him, and take care of the enemies that are too big for him to handle.”

“If there too big for him how can you handle them,” she remark.

“I can grow to a full size dragon and fight them.”

“When Jack used his amulet magic on you,” Twilight asked.

“Yes, exactly like that.” So they knew about Jack’s amulet. Of course Jack always liked to show off his amulet to people, it usually either make them listen to him or give him useful information. For a few moments the mares talk to one another, Wistala didn’t listen in on what they saying for she didn’t care, looking at the doorway where Celestia and Jack went through.

“Excuses me,” a male voice spoke out near her. She looked to her right to see the other dragon, Spike if she recall, fidgeting with his claws. Then he held one up and said, “Hi I’m Spike.”

She looked at the held up claw then at his face, “I know.” Spike releasing his error quickly move his hand down, and did a big embarrassing smile. “You haven’t met with many dragons have you?” He slowly nodded his head. Feeling a bit irritated she blurted out a question without thinking, “So what’s it like to have hands?” Smooth Wistala, real smooth. Spike look at her with a confused look. “You see I can’t use my forelimbs like you can, and I always would what it would be like if I could.” Nice recovery.

“Well they’re like Twilight’s levitation spell, expect it's limits by weight and reach, but I can do a lot of different things,” he said. Well that was point-less, she thought, I ask a question that similar of a blind man ask what the color red is; what was I expecting. Then Spike proudly stated, “Like having the best handwriting in all of Equestria.” Wistala chuckle at that, funny a dragon has the best handwriting, he must be over exaggerating. Then Spike asked, “What is it like to have wings?”

Fair enough, she thought for a moment then answer, “It likes swimming in a huge vast of water, but it’s in the sky. “ Great comparison there Wistala, “Except when I fly in the air, I feel more free than if I was in the water and it’s a great feeling.” She looks over to Spike who was soaking in her words. She felt sorry for him, being a dragon and not be able to fly was the worst situation she could possible think of. “So Spike what exactly do you do?”

“I mostly help Twilight with whatever she wants me to do.”

“How long have you been with Twilight?”

“Ever since I hatch out of my egg,” he replied. So you’re just like me, destine to be with your partner since birth. She was about to ask another question, but stop when she heard some unnatural roar. Everyone in the room stop of what they were doing. Soon objects came crashing through the roof, causing the ponies to panic.

******************************************

Jack and Celestia walk to a balcony that overlook the valley that was near the mountain the castle was built off of. “So what is it you wish to talk about in privet your Highness.”

“First off you may call me Celestia,” then she teasefully said, “Hero. Second you seem to know more than you let on.”

“I just know when someone steals an age old piece of magical artifact, it never ends well. So what exactly is that tablet.”

“For the truth, I don’t exactly know myself, except for the fact that it wasn’t made from this world.” Jack look at her waiting for more information. “Pieces of stone like the tablet approximately appear just under two hundred and fifty years ago, first was a shield shape found by the Gryphon Empire a long time ago. Then one that look like some sort of face with a crystal by a dragon years later. Then the tablet found in Appaloosa just a few months ago. They all had different shape but all had three traits in common: made out of the same stone, same symbol and it resist magic. I do not know if there are others like them, but I don’t banish the thought. Now is there something you would like to tell me.”

Jack was taking in all of the info Celestia was giving him, trying to think how they all fit together, but he didn’t had enough info. “I never told this to anyone yet, but back on Lore Cysero showed me an oval stone rock, with the same symbol and it was resisting his spells. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.” Jack started to walk to the edge of the balcony, “But what does a stone from Lore have in common with the tablet from here?" Looking out in the distance Jack noticed something coming from the horizon, fast. “Are you expecting any more visitors today?”

“No, why,” she ask as she move by him. But then she saw the two flying objects coming to them.

“I think we have uninvited guests.” The two objects came closer at unnatural speeds. When they were closed to see what they were, to Jack they almost look like dragons. Then they broke off one head right towards them the other continue its original direction. The creature roared that didn’t sound organic and flew over them and releasing several orbs. The balcony shook as the orbs crash through the castle’s roof. Once the shaking stop, Celestia and Jack ran back to the throne room. Once inside they saw everyone in the throne room was huddled together, surrounded by a magic field protecting them from falling debris.

“Is everypony alright,” Celestia yelled out. The field came down and everyone inside was shaken of what happened (expect for Wistala of course). Beams of light poured though the several holes spread across the ceiling, and right under each beam was a perfect smooth stone spheres, each one had one gem place on the center middle line of the sphere.

“We are unharmed sister,” Luna said. “What happen?”

“Some sort of dragons flew over us, one came over a drop these things,” Jack said, “the other went deeper into the city.” He walked to one of them to get a closer look, but stop when it started to shake. He looked at the other orbs and they too were shaking as well. The debris that was scattered around also started to move as well. “Something wrong,” he spoke out. Sudden the gems started to glow and the each sphere floated up in the air, and started pulling and forming debris that were around them. Jack instantly reached behind to his backpack, thinking of what weapon he wanted. Reaching into empty space Jack closed his hand on a hilt and pulled out a sword, the Dragonlord’s Loss. Jack did a full blow downward stroke, cutting the stone sphere in two, yelling out, “RUN!”

The other sphere fully from into what Jack could best described them as flying earth golems. They had no part that connect to the main body, but had four floating arms. Two both thick and heavy club like and two that was force into sharp earthen blades. There were screams coming from the ponies as they ran to get out of the throne room, but stop when two of the golems got in their way. One raises its blade arm when a ball of energy hit it causing it to fall apart, the other look at the direction were the ball came when Wistala came at full speed and ram into it. The golem lost its balance and fell on the ground, Wistala promptly blast another ball of energy at it to make sure it stay down. She looked around the room as the ponies continue to leave the room. Jack was handling with three golems with ease, quickly slashing one and dodge a blow from one’s club arm knocking another out of the air, then promptly slash it in half. Luna was unlashing bolts of lightning (from somewhere) hitting multiple golems, and Celestia was using solid beams of light, and many golems fell to the ground. Soon the battle was over as Jack, Wistala and the two Princess stood amongst the wrecked. “Everyone all right,” Jack ask. Before any could reply, the debris started to move again. Suns and moon they’re still alive, he thought, he raised his sword then he notice the gems. They were still glowing and the debris was head towards them. “The gems stone; shatter the gems stones,” he yelled out.

He stabbed his sword into the ground and quickly pulled out another weapon more favorable for the task, Lim’s Hybrid Hammer. Its hammer time, he thought to himself. He dash toward one of the reforming golems and gave a might swing on the gem, shattering it. There was a small electrical explosion as Jack watch the pile of reforming rubble stopped moving. He felt something behind him, he look to see a golem take out by a beam of energy. “Stop day dreaming and get back to fighting,” he heard Wistala yell out. He lifted his hammer and crushed the gem stone. Two down, few more to go he thought running towards the next golem.

Taking Jacks advice Wistala started to focus her attack on the gem stone. She flew around shooting energy beams at golems, either taking them out so that Jack or the Princess destroyed the gem stone or making them pay attention to her. She got a few shoots on the gem stone making the golems shake wildly as the jewel overload busting with energy and it fell to the ground. Sudden her world spin as a golem slam into her and she landed roughly on the ground. Shaking her head she looked up to see the golem raise its heavy club hand ready to bash her skull. Then a rod of light went right through the gem and the golem exploded. A shield quick enveloped Wistala protecting her from the scrapple, she look behind her to Celestia standing, her eyes glowing with power. Note to self, never anger Celestia, she thought. Like the last wave, the battle end quickly and the four all stood breathing heavily.

“PRINCESS CELESTIA, PRINCESS CELESTIA,” an earth pony guard yelled as he ran into the throne room. “The Royal Vault is under attack.” He stopped in his tracks shock of the state the throne room was in.

Celestia look over to Jack to see him pulled out his sword and put it back in his backpack. Nodding his head she turned over to guard and said, “Lead the way.”

*************************************

The flight to Canterlot didn’t take as long as the blue unicorn thought it would. “Once again you doubt my abilities,” the voice said. I never did, he thought, it just that only pegasus are known to fly at such speeds like us. I’m not used of a big bulky flying stone creature just yet. “You equines are enigma. You have the ability of both science and magic, but choose not to use them to their fullest. This world is split on its past and its future, but yet has not fallen apart on itself.” And you are going to change that? “I’m going to “spread the light” so to speak. Tell the other to split off and release its golems and get ready to descend.” The unicorn turned its head toward the other creature and his horn glowed. The creature words accept the command and broke off heading to the throne room of the Princess. He looked in the distance and saw Princess Celestia stand on a balcony with the two legged creature he saw from last night. “Focus.” Right of course.

The creature landed on top of a roof that should be above the vault. It rammed its head through the roof making a hole big enough for the unicorn to drop down. Screams of panic tourist soon filled the air. The unicorn jump to the ground and land firmly on it follow by four spheres. I could never make a jump like that before. “A mere gift from me, now find that shield.” Ponies were scrambling to get out of the room and guards did their best to lead them out safely and swiftly. The four golems quickly formed and moved surrounding the unicorn, protecting him from any threat to come. The unicorn trotted to the gryphon wing, no pony tried to stop him and soon he saw what he came for in a glass case.

Emperor Furry Wing’s Shield

Used to protect the Gryphon Empire for many generations

Given to Equestria as a symbol of peace between the two kingdoms

It looked like a new exhibit, was going to be the main attraction. The golem in front of him moved the case and swung its club arm and the glass shattered into thousands of pieces. The golem moved out of the unicorn way of the stone shield. As before as he had with all of the others he touched his horn on the symbol, an orange glow ran through the engraved lines. He then used his magic on the tablet, engulfing it in a blue aura and moving it to his saddle bag. “Stop right there criminal,” a unicorn guard shout out. He was not alone; there were another unicorn and one pegasus and one earth pony. “You have commit acts against Equestria, stand down and follow use to the dungeon.” The guard’s voice was shaking as he spoke, probably knew that this wasn’t going to be easy.

“No,” the unicorn said, the four golems quickly flew towards the guards. “Use only your clubs,” I’m not here to kill anypony. The guards engage with the golems, the unicorns tried to use their magic, the earth buck, and the pegasus flew at ramming speed towards one. The pegasus and the earth succeed in taking down their golem, but the unicorns’ magic had no avail. The golems slammed their clubs on the side of the necks of the guards, knocking them out. The two other ponies face the two golems, and didn’t see the other two golems getting up behind them.

The blue unicorn walked back to the hole that he came through, and then he heard a set of running hooves from the hallway. “The lieutenant should have the criminal detain by now your Highness,” somepony spoke. They took out my golems in the throne room already? Impossible.

The voice spoke, “I think it’s time to make our presence known.”

*****************************************************

From what Wistala could put together, the earth pony was sent to the throne room while two unicorns, a pegasus, and another earth pony dealt with a blue unicorn that came on one of the fly dragon like creatures. Her right wing ach were the golem slammed into her, but she had worse. As they approach the entrance of the Vault four golems came out and the blue unicorn as well. The unicorn had coal back mane and tail and was wearing a black cape as well. His blue eyes scan the group in front of him. “I’m shock that you were able to take out my golems so fast, I was expecting I would have to shut them down when I was about to leave.”

“Who are you,” Celestia ask with a strong edge in her voice.

“My name is Obsidian, I’m not trying to cause much trouble, just leave me be and I be out of your mane.”

“Then why the attack,” Jack ask.

“I didn’t wa…,” he stopped, closed his eyes, then open them again, but they had an orange glow to them. “It was a necessary distraction, to make sure that Obsidian would get in and out without the alicorns interference. It seemed that my plan has failed. But I still got what I need.” Then he smiled, “Get rid of them.” And he walked back through the entrance as the golems head towards them.

“Oh no you don’t,” Jacks said. “Wistala get him!” Wistala flew at full speed dodging a golem who tried hitting her, only to get hit by Jack’s hammer. She bank left and head straight for the unicorn. Then she was force to stop as she felt her body being hold in the air. A blue aura engulfed her and Obsidian said.

“You’re going have to do better than that, young dragon.” She was flung into a glass cases, daze but unharmed. Obsidian went under the hole were a tail came down, warp around him and pulled him up. Soon the sound of the creature taking off vibrated through the ceiling. Young, Wistala thought, I show you young. Jack came through the entrance.

“Jack, Dragon Amulet. NOW!” She took off again and flew towards the hole, chasing after Obsidian. Jack knew what Wistala wanted; pulling out his amulet and he concentrated on his magic. The amulet started to glow red he thought the command and the amulet bust with energy. As Wistala flew out of the hole she felt the amulet’s power transferring to her. And she started growing, and she grew and grew until she was her full adult size. Round two, she thought and she let out a might roar. She dash towards the creature that Obsidian was riding, who seem surprised of the sudden appearance of an adult dragon.

Another roar came from Wistala right side, she look to see the other creature flying right towards her. Wistala not wanting to be knock out of the sky, loop out of the way. The creature flew right by, but it did a sudden stop and full turnaround of its body and grab hold of Wistala’s body as she was coming out of the loop. Spreading her wings to keep her from spinning out of control, she open her mouth and unless an electrical fire at its face. However the creature was unfazed on the raining inferno that spreading across its face. It raised its head and bit down hard onto her neck. She roared out of pain, using her forelegs she tried to rip the creature head away from her. Succeeding of pulling the creature head away, she used her back legs and pushed the creature away from her. No more playing around, she thought; yellow marking started to glow on Wistala body as she built up power of her element. Then she opens her mouth and a powerful beam of pure energy came roaring out towards the creature’s body. The creature tried to dodge beam, but the beam managed to destroy its right wing. The creature barley managing to fly was heading down for a crash landing, Wistala was about to follow Obsidian when something grab her tail. The creature desperately grabbed her tail and was dragging her down with it. Wistala tried shaking loos of the creature grasp, but with no avail. The ground was coming up fast and Wistala opened her wings to break the fall, but it fail due for the creature strong grasp and it was now doing its best flying down to the ground.

Soon the ground quake as Wistala and the creature slammed into the ground. Flying debris was the last thing Wistala saw before darkness took over.



Dragonfable is copyright to Artix Entertainment, LLC.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro and whoever else has the rights.
All charters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.

Please read my comment for author note.