• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,106 Views, 138 Comments

PonyFable - Omega_code

  • ...
9
 138
 2,106

Chapter 2: Lore of the World of Lore

The sun was starting to set as Twilight led Jack and Fluttershy to the center of the library. The library was in a bit of a mess, there were books lying all around the floor, papers with writing that Jack couldn’t recognize was spread all across a table, and to what seem to be the source of this mess was some sort of stone tablet with a symbol and lines engraved on it. The symbol seemed familiar to Jack, but he couldn’t quite place his hand on the reason way.

“Ah I see that you found my latest project that I’m working on,” Twilight said to Jack once she noticed the way Jack was looking at the stone tablet. “Princess Celestia gave me the tablet to study after some the professors had a hard time working on it. Their spells were being resisted by the tablet and Celestia gave it to me hoping with my special way with magic, that I might solve the problem of what it is.”

That sounds very familiar, Jack thought.

"However, it seems that I have something else to do right now.” Her horn lit up and a quill and pad flouted towards her and she ask Jack, “So who are you, what are you, where are you from, and why are you here?”

Quick to the point isn’t she. “My name is Jackson Truman, but you can call me Jack for short, I am known as a human and I come from the world known as Lore. The reason I’m here is, well, I’m kind of stuck here and Fluttershy said that you might be able to help.” He told the events that happen to him in the prolog part of this story. He then explain what happen to him in the Everfree Forest and how he found Fluttershy. Twilight remain quiet ask Jack told his tale, writing down what he said and some question of her to asks later on. “So Twilight, you think you might be able to help me get back home?”

Twilight look up from her note pad with her ears slightly tilted back, “Sorry, but I don’t think I can. We have spells for teleportation, but only to travel short distances. We had theories of spells that could do what you’re asking for, but never fully look into for, well, lack of evidence that there were other worlds out there.“ She looked up to Jack to add. “However that doesn’t mean I won’t try to help. I well write a letter to Princess Celestia, who is the most powerful pony in all of Equestira, who might be able to help use out. However, before I write the letter, my I know a little bit more about you and your world?”

Jack was happy in what he heard, sure he might have to wait, but he didn’t care. The adventure and stories that will come from this world will have to do. Jack said to Twilight, “I’m not much of a scholar, but I give it a try. What would you like to know?” Twilight was about to answer when Fluttershy interrupted said that she had to get back to her house to feed her animals for the night, if that was all right with them. Twilight said that was all right and said to Jack she would like to know three things: How could he use magic since unicorns used their horns to channel spells and Jack didn’t have one? Some of Jack's history. And what was Lore like?”

Jack sat down on the floor and mess with his short brown hair. “The first one is a bit tough for me to explain since I’m not much of a mage, but this what I know. Every creature in Lore has some sort of connection to a realm called Paraelemental Plan which is the source of all of the mana which we need to use our magic. Some of them might never really notice that they have it because their connection to the Plan might be really small, barley enough to cast any sort of spell. The one who have a larger connection to the Plan are the ones who usually become some sort of mage, and they study in the field of whatever element they are connected to; whether its fire, water, earth, wind, ice, energy, light, or darkness. There are also some items in Lore that help people have essayer access to the Plan, like my Dragon amulet,” Jack reach under his chest plate and pull it out to show it,” which allow me to use spell that are normally beyond my range, be able to use the most powerful equipment in Lore, and it make me a DragonLord/Dragon Rider (more on that later).”

“Now to answer your second question; I’m the hero of the town of Falconreach, and my job is to help Lore anyway I
can. I’m either stopping some mad evil (or ebil) person who wants the planet in some sort of never ending doom, or helping the town people in some sort of odd job they need help in. I also said that I’m a DragonLord, which means that I have a dragon partner and part of an elite force of Dragon Riders that help with relationship between the humans and the dragons, trying to keep the two races at peace. Of course we also help any other problem there is too. However, my main concern is looking for the eight elements orbs, which are very powerful magical objects each one composed of a single element, and trying to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. I already found the wind, ice, energy, light, darkness orbs; the fire orb went missing or got destroyed, and earth and water orbs haven’t been found yet. “

“Now describing Lore is really tough one to answer too, but if I have to say anything about it, it would be this, it kind of like Equestira; full of magic, strange creatures and probably a great big adventure waiting to be found. However in Lore there probably more danger there, than there are in Equestria.” Jack started to speak slowly than before, ”there is always some sort of war almost every month, whether it’s the undead attacking, dragons want more land, or a fight over and element orb, it just go on and on. I do my best in making sure that people are being protected and ending the war as fast I can, by defeating waves after waves of enemies, but people always tend to be hurt, or even lost.” Then Jack looked at Twilight and with a bit more edge to his voice he said, “However, I will never stop fighting till Lore is safe place to live in, where people can travel without the fear of being attack by undead, rouge dragons, or lose elementals rooming the land.” Jack became silent for a while and look out the window to see that night has fallen. “I think that should answer your question for now; night has fallen and I would like to have something to eat, for it been awhile since my last meal.”

Twilight look up from her note taking and look behind her to see what Jack said was true, where did all of the time went she thought. She turned to face Jack and said “Ok, you can also stay here for the night as well; for food, well, I don’t know what kind of food you eat, but you can eat whatever I have in my (noncanon)kitchen. “ Jack beamed a smile and got up to looked where the kitchen was. Twilight pointed a hoof to where Jack need to go and he went off. “Now I need to write that letter to Princess Celestia,” and with that said Twilight got some new ink, quill and paper, and started to write under the candlelight.

Once in the kitchen Jack open the biggest of the standing cabinets to see what was inside. To Jack expected in a pony world, there was plenty of fruits and vegetable, but no meat. There were also flowers, flower’s seeds, hay, and…gemstones? Jack reached to grab three apples and bit into one. Words cannot describe of the glorious flavor that was go on in his mouth. He ate slowly, enjoying the taste of the meal that would get him to last for the night. Once finish he went back to Twilight to see the dragon burn up a scroll and the smoke head out through the window. “What was that,” he asked. Twilight answered that is how she sends letters to the Princess, which Jack thought was a neat trick. He looked to the dragon that was still a bit afraid of him since their first meeting. Feeling bad for what he did, Jack knelt down and said, “Sorry for scaring you from what I said earlier, I know you were trying to protect Fluttershy, and my reaction wasn’t the best way to handle that situation. So can you forgive me, and we can start again and get it right the first time?” He held out a hand to the dragon, “The name is Jack.”

The dragon look at Jack for a while then took Jack hand and shook it, “My name is Spike.” Both of them smile and shook for a couple of seconds, then Spike burp a green flame and a scroll appeared. Spike grabbed it and read it out loud; this is what it said.

My faithful student Twilight,

It is good to see that Jack is friendly and well hearted. I would like to see him and to extend my welcome and show him something else. Apparently his dragon decided to follow him and ended up here instead. I well send a chariot to pick you, your friends, and Jack up at noon tomorrow, and from there we will talk more about the current situation.

Sincerely, Princess Celestia.

Jack was in shock when he heard that Wistala was somehow able to follow him. Did that mean there a way back to Lore, or did she just take a one way trip like he did. “So who are these friends of yours and why are they coming with us,” he asked as looked toward Twilight.

“Well you already meted Fluttershy, there also Applejack who an earth pony that run the apple farm for Ponyville, Rarity who another unicorn that design and make clothes, Rainbow Dash is our local weather pegasus who also a great flyer, and there is Pinkie Pie who help out in baking at the SugarCube Corner and is a bit, well…random. I really don’t know why the Princess would want all of us to come to Canterlot, guess we find out tomorrow. Come on, I have a spare bed that you can use for tonight.” Twilight led Jack up stairs and Jack look at the quite to small bed. Eh I had worse, Jack thought.

*********************************************************

A shadowy figure waited outside of Twilight’s house …waiting for the right moment to make his move. He waited ever since the two legged creature with its friend came to visit Twilight. He waited a long time, sitting ever so patently as the sun went down and the moon took its place. Then when the final light was dimmed out, he still waited till the creature and the pony were in a deep sleep. Once he felt the time was right, he left his hiding spot and went towards the front door of the house. Using his magic, he silently opened the door and step inside, looking around in the moon lilted room, searching for what he came for. He saw it lying on a podium, center around books and scatter papers, the stone tablet. He moved toward it without making any sort of sound, as if he was a ghost in the night. Once there he look at for a while making sure it there were no sort of alarms set in place. “I know what to do, so stop pestering me,” he whispered out loud to no one. He bent his head down and touched the tablet with his horn, and a faint orange glow come out and went through the tablet’s engraved lines. It did a sudden flash of orange and went back to its original state. The figure smile and with it magic engulf the tablet in a blue aura and brought it up. He moved it to his saddle as he also got the replica out to replace it. Once the tablet was secured and the replica was in the same position as the tablet, the shadowy figure left the house, leaving no trace that he had enter at all.






Dragonfable is copyright to Artix Entertainment, LLC.
MLP: Friendship is Magic is copyright to Hasbro and whoever else has the rights.
All charters that belong to their companies are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else.
Next Chapter: Wistala’s Journey (or something like with Wistala in it)