• Published 28th Jan 2012
  • 2,105 Views, 138 Comments

PonyFable - Omega_code

  • ...
9
 138
 2,105

Prologue: SCIENCE

The warmth of the sun was beaming across the plant Lore. In the town of Falconreach a male was lying under a tree near the creek that run through the town's wall, hoping to have a nice "nothing to do” kind of day. He was still wearing his DragonLord armor; since he never knows when “a grand adventure or a great danger is happening” call will ever come.

He rested his head on his backpack, since it made a very comfy makeshift pillow, thinking about some of the many adventures that he had in the past. Then he look to the creature that was laying right next to him, which to some people it looks like a deformed purple dog, was actually his dragon. Remembering some of their famous fight he had with her, both on the field, in the air, and even in space. He looks up to the sky to see that the sun was past its half-way point. He smile to himself thinking that it nice to have a day with nothing major to do; no quest, no war, no titan monster coming to destroy the town, just a day to chill out.

JACK TRUMAN I NEED YOU TO COME HERE NOW!

………………………………darn.

Jack recognizes Lim’s voice, and slowly got up from his resting position. “Come on Wistala, I think Lim has something for us to see, something big and full of science,” said Jack as he grab his backpack before pushing up onto his legs. “Hopefully it's something that won't be putting the town in danger… again.” Wistala look up to her rider for a few seconds , then promptly put it back down and went back to go back to her nap. “Fine, but don’t complain if you miss out any fun that will come out of this," he said to her with a little chuckle before heading off to Lim’s store. It was just a quick jog away going up the path and to the main square of the town. Once Jack got there he saw a man with familiar orange hair, beard, and goggles. “Hello Lim, how is Lime doing?”

“Lime is doing fine, he out right now helping great work of SCIENCE to be done, but I bet you’re wondering why I called you,” Lime open the door to his shop and motion Jack to follow him. “I have made a great discovery in SCIENCE; I was able to build a fully functional teleporter.”

“But we have already teleporters, Lim, that's not really a great discovery I think,” Jack remarked.

Lim stare flatly at the hero. “Those thing run on magic, but my teleporter are able to run fully on SCIENCE. No magic is need and I know for a fact that my teleporters are better than the others," he explained promptly, a bit of wounded pride mixing in with his voice.

“Right sure they are," Jack said, going along with a small rolled of his eyes. "So, why am I here again? You need me to go to Dr. Voltabolt to get some parts for you, or did some of your testing made some sort of monster you need me to get rid of,” he asked in an unexcited tone. “Plus I thought we got over this science vs. magic business a while ago?”

“No to all of your question, and the reason I ask you here so that you can see the final product, and be the first one to test it out. Plus SCIENCE will always be better than magic.” With that said Lim pull back a curtain that reviles a machine that Jack never saw before. It had two parts to it, one was a glass cylinder, that was a bit taller than Jack, with a tube coming out of the top of it, and that tube led to the other part which was a metal box with lots of flashing lights. It had a small sphere that held some sort of crystal in it and attach to the sphere was a long metal rod that went out a window.

“Ok…..wait, what do mean you want me to test it why not yourself. I ‘m a hero not your personal ginnie pig,” Jack protest. “Plus isn’t that Lime job?”

“Yes but Lime tested all of the prototypes and he out with setting up the receiver. Also the reason I want you is because I trust you and no one else, plus I the only one who know how to work it. Please just this one favor; I let you have my latest weapon in my store for payment.” Jack thought for a moment then finally nods his head. Just then a new voice enters the conversation.

“Hay there Captain Science,” said the Mad Magical Weaponsmith and owner of the Super Store of Saving Cysero, who appear out of nowhere. “I need your science to help me found out what this strange rock is,” he hold up a rock that had some sort of symbol mark on it. The rock was shape as an oval and looks pretty smooth too. Cysero was smiling wide while Lim only glare at him.

“Shouldn’t you have some sort of magical spell to help you with that, I’m already doing something here and have no time to help you out right now.”

“Ya, I do have spells for that, but for some reason there not working on it, and I thought that if magic didn’t work, maybe science might. I know you have to have some sort of scanning devices or other sciency objects that can help me. Soooo can I use them,” Cysero asked with a big smile.

“Fine, but don’t mess with me, I’m doing great work with SCIENCE and I don’t want you in my way.” When Lim said that Cysero ran in a flash of green and was gone. “With that out of the way, Jack if you would please step inside of the teleporter camber.” Jack look at him with a questionable look. Lim faceplate his hand and said,” The big glass cylinder.”

As Jack set his backpack on the side and step inside the camber he asked Lim, "So Lim where exactly am I being teleport to?” Lim point outside the window and as Jack look he saw Lime with another glass cylinder waving back to him. “Really Lim, you teleporting me to your back yard, that's not really far.”

“Like I said before this is just a test, if this work then any distance is possible,” Lim closed the chamber and hit a button making the chamber door lock. “Now let the wonders of SCIENCE commence.” With that he pulled a lever and the machine came to life. Jack was startle by the loud noise it made, and notice that there was a tingling feeling crawling through his body. He look down a saw that he was fading away, which normal happen with a magical teleporter, guess it work the same with a science teleporters as well.

Lim was watching the process of the way that Jack was being teleported, and he was not happy in what he saw. Jack shouldn’t be fading away; instead he should be surrounded in light that would be suck through the tube to the crystal. Then the crystal converts the light to energy and sends that energy out of the rod which lead to the revert camber. Something was wrong. “Whatcha doing?” Lim look to his right to see Cysero next to the convert box, with the crystal in his hand and the rock in the crystal place. Lim was horrified of what he saw and his mouth hung wide open, which Jack saw when he looked up.

“Lim, what going on, is there some …,” was all got to say before vanishes completely into magical dust, which got suck up by the tube, went into the sphere, and shortly purple energy discharged from the rod into the air. Lim look to the other chamber hoping that Jack would come back, but he didn’t. Lim turn around to Cysero and said that he was in so much trouble and yelling other insulting things at him as well.

“He not the only one Lim.” Lim looked past Cysero to see a familiar purple baby dragon looking who didn’t look too happy in what she saw. “Where is JACK!”

*************************************************************************************

Out somewhere in a forest a purple lightning bolt stuck the ground, and left a midsentence saying confused hero, ”thing wrong?” Jack looked around the area he was in and made one conclusion, he was not in Lim’s backyard.















Dragonfable is copyright to Artix Entertainment, LLC. All charters that belong to them are rightfully theirs. This writing is for fun and nothing else. There will be ponies in the next chapter. Please rate and comment this is my first and any outside input will be helpful.