• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,785 Views, 183 Comments

The Monster In The Closet - Mr Anomalous



Something finds it's way into Twilight's closet. Something quite frightening. But Lyra can help out!

  • ...
18
 183
 2,785

Chapter One

Chapter One:

Twilight Sparkle slid between her sheets, welcoming the warmth of the soft blankets and pillows. It had been a long day, and she was about ready to pass out. Despite her fatigue, Twilight lay awake for some time.

She peered out through her window, and admired the night sky. Pitch black, blacker than King Sombra's heart, and yet, scattered about, was an infinite stretch of white specks of various sizes. Twilight, being Twilight, was able to name every single constellation, and knew the estimated amount of stars that were visible to the naked at this time of year, at this time of night.

When she became bored of the sky, which took a while, she turned her attention to her bedroom. Her drooping eyes passed the yellow curtains, the decorated wooden wall, and her bookshelf. It was used to it's fullest extent, filled with books. Very large ones. Twilight smiled with a small pride and continued. She found the other smaller, round window which was in the wall just before the staircase began. She followed the stairs down, and into the larger part of her room, which held yet more books.

After that, she found all of her potted plants, four of them, and admired their beauty. She did a good job taking care of them. Finally, her eyelids began to drag themselves down, creating darkness, which Twilight welcomed.

She grabbed her sky-patterned covers, tugged them over her shoulder, and nuzzled her face into the pillow. Dear Celestia she was tired. Before her eyes closed completely, though, her eyes fell upon the one object of her room that she failed to inspect. She didn't blame herself; after all, there wasn't anything really all that interesting about it, just her closet door.

Twilight, though very smart and academic, wasn't really all that concerned with fashion, much less so than her friend and fellow Element bearer, Rarity, therefore, her closet didn't contain many articles of clothing, just the dress that she had worn to the Gala, and maybe some other things that, even with all of her brains, Twilight couldn't even remember.

By this point, sleep was inescapable, but Twilight didn't wasn't searching for an escape, so she let the darkness, comfort, and and the warm bliss flow into her. Just before she drifted away, though, she thought that she saw something...move though the small space underneath the door that separated the door from the wooden floor.

Far to tired to care, Twilight finally slept. In hindsight, Twilight probably should have cared a little bit more.


[/hr]

"RAAH!"

The call was deafening, shaking the very Earth down to it's knees. It seemed as if even the ruined walls shook in the blast of voices that swept it's way though the air, reaching the ears of everything within several miles.

The following noise was even more deafening. It was a combination of heavy feet, the rumbling of vehicles, and more shouting. Then the gunfire began. There was no warning, no gradual build-up of action, it was just an explosion of cracks, booms, and snaps, quickly followed by the clinking of spent cases and the thuds of impact, whether it be flesh or otherwise.

Now the noises were joined by cries of pain as members of both sides fell to the hot lead, which tore through flesh.

Explosions sounded as artillery rained it's death upon the men, blasting them far into the air, tearing them apart like wet paper.

Blood was beginning to find it's way out of it's previous walls, and it flowed freely into the dirt ground.

Calls for help rang out everywhere.

He was part of the charging army. He wore all of the protective gear that he needed, and he survived the first charge: he was within the walls.

He wore a heavy ushanka, it's flaps pulled down over the sides of his gas mask. He was covered in black clothing and body armor, and carried several pounds of gear.

He raised his weapon, a 12-gauge, pump-action shotgun and advanced into the enemies's territory.

Soon enough, he found one, and the other man fell under the powerful blasts of the weapon, and more blood found it's way into the outside world, some dripping from nearby walls, and some pooling on the ground.

He moved on, alert as he could be, his obscured eyes searching for more foes to eradicate in the name of his freedom. It was a while before he did. Several minutes of wandering the maze of sandstone walls, listening to the close explosions and gunfire.

He stopped and lowered a gun. Was he lost?

He was jerked back into action when a cry of "URA!," sounded behind him and he whirled around just in time to block a downward thrust of a bayonet with his own gun.

He and his enemy were locked in a one-on-one battle of strength, struggling against each other. Funny really. They didn't know each other, perhaps they could have been friends, had they met under different circumstances. But not now. Not today. The other man needed to die, and he was perfectly capable of making that happen.

Finally, he pushed forward with enough strength to knock the other man on his back.

He raised his weapon, intent on ending the other man's life, but, strangely enough, that would never happen. He was no longer in a sandstone maze of ruins, no longer about to end the life of a foe. It was dark, and when he attempted movement, but found that he couldn't do much of that, the space that he was in was far to constraining. He noticed a small, dim slit of light shining from the ground in front of him. He was behind a door. His eyes adjusted and he saw some clothes hanging from a rack above him, the ends of the cloth draped over his shoulders. He was in...a closet?

"Shit."

Author's Note:

Hahaha, I love this idea of mine!

Also, grammar and spell correcting is welcome, encouraged in fact!