• Published 22nd Feb 2013
  • 2,785 Views, 183 Comments

The Monster In The Closet - Mr Anomalous



Something finds it's way into Twilight's closet. Something quite frightening. But Lyra can help out!

  • ...
18
 183
 2,785

Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

Twilight was of course angry, and frightened, but really, above all, she was embarrassed. How had she, Princess of Equestria, an Alicorn, with powerful magic and wings, with a scholarly mind such as hers, been captured by this Monster?

She was bound up, her energy spent so she was unable to any attempt more magic, and was being carried around on the shoulder of this other worldly creature.

She was carried for about a half and hour or so before she felt her captor slow it's pace. She noticed that it got a bit dark. She looked up and noticed that she was being carried into a large cave. Eyes widening in recognition, she remembered that this was the very same cave belonging to the Dragon that she and Owloicious had rescued Spike from a month or so earlier.

Her eyes widened even further. Was this monster a servant of this Dragon? Would she be sacrificed to the large reptilian creature? She began to try and struggle more, but it was useless.

Twilight closed her eyes and accepted her fate, just glad that this monster hadn't captured any of her friends.

Wait, maybe she would be rescued by Princess Celest....wait. What? She had forgotten to write to the Princess!

She, Twilight Sparkle, had forgotten to write to the Princess! Celestia had no idea about the appearing of the monster, its injuring of Rainbow, none of it!

She silently cursed her incompetence. Now she would die. Maybe she deserved it.

But then she regained her composure. She calmed down. She had no idea what this Monster planned on doing to her, but it wasn't surely death. Perhaps all it planned was to hold her hostage. Which would be kind of useless, considering that he was no longer in his own world...

Suddenly, she felt herself being hoisted a bit, then she dropped, rather painfully, onto the stone floor.

After her eyes cleared up from the developing tears, all Twilight that was was amazed.

Not only was the cave filled with all of the gold that she Remembered but there was also many objects from Ponyville. Clothing, food, beddings, tools....it was all over. Some of it was organized, but most of it was just hurled onto a growing pile.
Was its species similar to that of a pack rat? Or maybe it was just its personality?

"Ah, some sweet home."

What? Twhat? Twhat? Equestrian?

"Waddaya think Twilight? Nice place I got here?"

He knew her name!?

"'Course, ya can't answer me with that over your muzzle, now can ya?"

Alec approached her and pulled out a knife, a rather large, shiny one, and approached Twilight.

Suddenly, it, well, a he, based off of his deep voice, menaced over her.

His voice seeped out of his mask (at least she hoped that it was a mask).

"If you try to scream for help, I'll be having Purple Pony for dinner. I've had horse before, and it 'ain't that bad."

Twilight only sweated a bit and nodded.

Alec cut the cloth, and, surprisingly, sat cross-legged in front of her.

"Seeing as you're the town Librarian, you probably are some sort of Scholar as well. Any questions?"

Twilight was, quite frankly, surprised as Tartarus. Had this alien dragged her away from her friends, just so that she could ask him some questions? Soon, of course, her surprise had been replaced completely with excitement. She had already had a mental list of questions prepared for something like this, and a few new ones. She wished that she had her notes, but she was still ready to go.

"Wow...this....this is amazing!" She exclaimed, "Okay, number one: how in the hoof do you know my language?"

She heard the monster chuckle, "Well, back where I come from, it's my language. So...I don't know. Maybe chances fell that our two species' developed the exact same language over the years. Quite a small chance, but, apparently, it's quite possible."

That made sense, "Also, the way you sound. You sound like your from someplace called "Trottingham," here. Your accent, I guess. Know where that come from?"

(Muahaha! Yes, I made him BRITISH!)

Trottingham? Trottingham!?

As Twilight watched, the monster burst out laughing in front of her. Her brow furrowed.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh...oh...don't worry, it's nothing. Uh, yeah, normally I'd say that I'm from a specific country, but there's not any more countries where I come from anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, back on my wonderfully peaceful planet, where there are rainbows every day and butterflies and flowers..."

Heaviest sarcasm that Twilight had ever heard.

"...it's pretty much the end of the world. Bombs, radiations, wars, mutants, cannibals....it's kind of like the 'Nuclear-zombie-desert-war Apocalypse'"

"Wow. That sounds....terrible."

"Well, for most people it is, but I'm part of a new group that arose, and we are super successful. We have a lot of money, food, land, and members. I am actually very well off. We've managed to even restore electrical power to our Headquarters. We have oil too. But, of course, all of this makes us have a lot of enemies."

"Why? Are you keeping it all for yourself?"

"On the contrary, my little pony. My group actually believes in peace, freedom, tolerance, and all of that good stuff. But some people just want it all for themselves. The end of the world kind of tends to bring out the worst in people."

"Oh...then...then why did you hurt Zecora like that? And Rainbow Dash? And me? Why am I even here?"

"Well...you know what? I am actually having tons of fun. This is awesome. I love it here. Of course, I don't like hurting ponies. That Rainbow One...I think I probably would've been dead. And Zecora, if that's the Zebra, she'll be fine. Just some bumps."

Twilight was amazed.

"So...you don't really mean that much harm to us do you?"

"Nope not at all, just think of me as the prankster that lives in the forest. Though...wars and the Apocalypse have toughened me up a bit, so I guess my pranks might go a bit...too far for you."

"Why did you ponynap me!?"

Ponynap. Hehe.

"Mostly for revenge. You gave me a pretty nasty bump on the head the night I first came here."

"Well that's because-!"

Twilight was cut off by a wave of the monster's hand and a hissing Shhh...

"What?"

"Sh. Listen. Do you here that?"

Twilight lifted up her ear and listened too.

There it was.

"Sounds like...sounds like...gunfire?" the monster mumbled.

"Gunfire? What's tha-"

As she turned to the creature, she was greeted by the butt of his weapon, then darkness.


[/hr]

Alec tied the cloth over the Pony's muzzle and hurried out of his cave. Yes. That was definitely gunfire. Fully automatic. And it was coming from Ponyville.

He hurried and soon he found his way to the edge of the forest and pulled out his tiny pair of binoculars.

He looked through them and saw...another human!

He was wearing a gas mask as well, though his wasn't as epic as Alec's whose eyes glowed green.

Wait...he knew this person. Shit, he didn't kill any ponies, did he?

Alec pulled his mask off and cupped his hands over his mouth and called as loud as he could.

"ROBBY! ROBBY! OVER HERE!"

He took up his binoculars and saw Bob turn. He then began to run as fast as he could towards Alec. He reached him soon and immediately crouched down.

"Alec? What the hell?"

"Robby, shut up for a sec, did you kill any of the ponies?"

"Ponies? Is that what they're called?"

"Just answer the bloody question!" Alec hissed.

"Oh, uh, no, I didn't kill any of them. I only shot one's hat off."

"Were you trying to kill them?"

"Uh, yeah, they started attacking me! I was eating dinner back at HQ, worrying about you, when BAM. I was in the middle of this shitty town. Then that orange one charged me!"

"Well...sorry 'bout that, I might've gave our race a bad reputation."

"Thanks a lot, Al."

They sat there for a moment. Then, "You have any goddamn idea what the hell is going on?"

"Nope. Not at all. Let me take ya to my cave, then I'll brief you on what's been going on lately."