• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,839 Views, 33 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 1: New Beginnings - KingNyroc15



A new alicorn arrives in Equestria. How exactly did he get here?

  • ...
57
 33
 1,839

Start Of A New Life

Before you all dive into this interesting story, I would like to say that this story has some references and ideas created by other people. From real life songs to little ideas based off of other people's work. I gladly give all the creators credit for their work. I would also like to point out that the story MAY contain parts in the beginning that you may not understand, so just push past it and maybe it will be explained later in the story. Maybe ;). Enjoy the story.

Ever since the bearers of the Elements of Harmony defeated the evil King Sombra and saved the Crystal Empire, life was very plain and normal for Equestria (or as normal as things could be). The small, colorful town of Ponyville was one of the only places in Equestria where things are never quite normal. More events have happened there than any other area in the country. And on this day, in the beginning of autumn, another event is going to happen. An event that will change Ponyville, and possibly all of Equestria, forever.

During a clear morning in Ponyville, an unconscious, pegasus foal was splayed out in the middle of a field. His wings were spread out and his hooves covered his head. He was eventually woken up by two ponies passing by; one yellow, the other light blue. The white pony looked up at the pony nudging him. Once his vision cleared, he could see two pegasus mares. The mare nudging him was yellow with a long, pink mane. She had cyan eyes and a cutie mark that resembled three pink butterflies. The other pegasus was light blue with a rainbow mane. Her eyes were a cerise color, and she had a cutie mark of a white cloud with rainbow lightning. The first thing the foal noticed was that the yellow one looked very worried but the other had a neutral expression. Being nervous and cautious, the little white pony continued to hide his head behind his wings.

"Are you ok, little one?" asked the yellow pegasus. "Why are you sleeping all the way out here?" After seeing that these two mares meant no harm, the white foal flapped his wings, which were about the same size of the two mares' wings, and stood up. After the foal stood normally, the two pegasi gasped loudly. The yellow pegasus nearly fainted at the sight. Seeing that her friend couldn't continue speaking, the cyan pegasus began talking.

"You...You're...an ALICORN?!" she asked. The white pony knew what an alicorn was; heck, he knew what a lot of common things were, yet he knew he couldn't remember something. "Who are you?" asked the cyan mare. The white alicorn with a black mane simply stood there, thinking. Finally he spoke.

"I dont know." The cyan mare tilted her head at him. Is this kid serious? she thought to herself. Does he expect us to believe that? The mare's thoughts were cut short because of her friend.

"Oh you poor thing." The yellow mare flew towards the foal, scooped him up, and held him. Such big wings for his size, the yellow mare thought.

Why is she holding me like this? I'm not a foul. Wait... She called me 'little one.' The white alicorn jumped out of the mare's hold to inspect his white coat, his black mane, his wings, and his horn. Both mares looked at him with confusion. The foal screamed.

"I'm a foal?!! How is this possible? I'm a grown pony! What's going on?" He looked at the mares for answers. The yellow one was still shocked and confused, but the cyan was starting to get mad.

"You can stop the charade, kid," she said. "You can't expect us to believe you have amnesia and you're a fully grown stallion." The mare was now standing right in front of the foul. Although he had the mind of a grown stallion, he was still struck with fear. He truly had amnesia, so why wouldnt she listen? As the pegasus continued to question him, the foal started to panic. His horn was slowly glowing, then all of a sudden...a bright flash was seen. The other mare and the foal felt a sudden cool breeze. The alicorn opened his eyes and saw that the cyan mare was now frozen in ice. The other mare looked at him in slight terror.

"It's ok, calm down," she said. "My name is Fluttershy and that's Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy pointed to the block of ice. "We were just worried about you. Do you really have amnesia?" Her voice was so soft that he barely heard her. To calm himself, the foal simply nodded. "Then I know just the pony that could help. Follow me please." The alicorn followed but looked back at the ice. Maybe this mare knows that the ice will melt eventually? he asked himself, slowly doubting that she did.

---------------

Fluttershy showed the new alicorn around town, introducing him to two of her friends as they passed by. He remembered their names quickly: there was Rarity, a white unicorn with a fashionable purple mane, and Applejack, an orange earth pony with a blonde mane. Fluttershy was now taking him to meet another friend. Fluttershy told Applejack and Rarity (who were both as shocked as she was when they saw him) to meet them at a library later so everything could be explained.

When many residents around town gave the alicorn strange looks, Fluttershy told him to relax. "It's not everyday you see a brand new alicorn in Ponyville," she explained.

Finally they arrived at a library and walked inside. The library was inside a tree and had more than enough books to look at. The white alicorn noticed a purple unicorn mare putting books on a shelf with her magic. She had a purple (or dark blue) mane with a violet and pink streak in it, and she had a cutie mark of a six pointed star surrounded by five more stars. Geez, I didnt realize this town was mostly female, the 'grown' foul thought to himself. Not that I'm complaining.

The unicorn noticed the alicorn before Fluttershy could introduce him. The unicorn's expression went from shocked to nervous to extreme excitement. She literally hopped over to him and Fluttershy and bombarded them with questions.

"Oh my gosh, Fluttershy! Who is he? What's his name? Why is he in Ponyville? Did one of the princesses have a foul?" She caught herself. "No, no, Celestia would've told me about something like that. Fluttershy, who is this?"

The yellow mare was scared by the sudden outburst of words so the alicorn answered instead.

"Sorry to say that not even I know who I am. What's your name?" The unicorn was shocked at his voice. Deeper voice than I was expecting, she thought.

"So you have amnesia? That's new. And your voice...it's deep. Almost mature..."

"But I am mature, or at least grown up," the alicorn interrupted her train of thought. "I would introduce myself but, like i said, I have no clue who I am."

"Well my name is Twilight Sparkle. Maybe Fluttershy can explain what's going on." Twilight looked at the nervous pegasus. "Fluttershy?"

"We should wait for the girls." Before Twilight had time to say another word, the library door opened and in came that rest of their friends, including Rainbow Dash. The alicorn noticed a new mare bouncing in instead of walking. She was pink with a darker pink, poofy mane and a cutie mark of three balloons. I should take a note of her randomness, the alicorn thought.

All seven of them were now gathered in the center of the library. "Ok," Fluttershy said meekly, "we can start."

Fluttershy, along with the alicorn, explained everything that happened earlier. There wasn't too much to say, for barely anything happened, but Twilight hung onto every word.

"That's interesting," Twilight said. "And Rainbow, why didn't you believe he had amnesia?" Everypony looked at Rainbow Dash, who just stared at them for awhile.

"How was i supposed to know that he was telling the truth? And how do we know he is an actual alicorn? The only alicorns in Equestria are the princesses. Maybe somepony put a spell on him or something. He's at least a unicorn; I know that personally." The alicorn chuckled secretly.

"Well I'm going to write to Princess Celestia and ask for her help. Don't worry, uh...you, we'll help you anyway we can. Won't we girls?" Everypony but Dash nodded. Twilight sighed and called for someone named Spike to come over to her. Within seconds, a little purple dragon walked in, holding a piece of paper and a quill. Meanwhile, the alicorn was talking with the other mares.

"Girls," Rarity started, "I believe we should give him a name. He can't remember his own so we should at least call him something proper for the time being." The other mares muttered in approval, except Rainbow Dash, who has yet to take her eyes off of the alicorn. While the mares were trying to come up with a good name, Dash walked up to the alicorn and stared at him...and he stared back. The mares saw this but chose not to intervene.

"We'll call him Soren," Rainbow said suddenly. The sentence hung in the air; even Twilight turned from her letter and looked at the two ponies staring each other down. Rainbow Dash smiled confidently and turned towards her friends. "In the history of Cloudsdale, there was a pegasus called Soren the Swift. He was the fastest and most skilled flyer in all of Equestria. He had spunk, confidence, and attitude. Looking at this kid right here and knowing what magic he can do...I can tell he's got potential. Plus, he hasn't flinched from me starting intensely at him. So that's what we'll call him: Soren."

Amazed by the fact that Rainbow Dash of all ponies named the alicorn, all of the mares, including the alicorn, just stared at her. Finally Twilight spoke.

"I think that's a good name, Rainbow Dash. What do you think?" She looked at the alicorn. He thought for a moment.

"Good enough for me. I like the way that sounds...Soren..." Everypony cheered, Twilight sent her letter, and the six mares decided to try to get to know their newly found friend.

------------

A few minutes of chatting went by before a letter magically appeared in the library. Twilight used magic to levitate it in front of everypony then she read aloud.

"My faithful student,

I am pleased to hear that there is a new alicorn within our society. But this does not mean I am not concerned at the same time. If what you say is true, then we must revert him to his normal state. We will treat his amnesia later. For now, since he is a colt, find his talent. Maybe this will shed some truth on the matter. Report to me when this task is complete.

Signed,
Princess Celestia"

Soren and Twilight seemed the most interested in the letter, as they should be.

"So I need to find my cutie mark? Makes sense since I don't even remember my talent." Some of the mares were shocked simply by the fact that he knew what a cutie mark was. Soren saw their expressions. "What? Just because I have amnesia, doesn't mean I don't know the basics of life. I just can't remember anything about me." The girls understood. so they all started brainstorming ideas for Soren to find his cutie mark. Suddenly another letter appeared from Spike's fire belch. Twilight read this one aloud also.

"P.S. I'm also sending my sister to supervise this goal since alicorn magic, especially as a foal, can be quite unpredictable. She will arrive tomorrow morning.

Best of luck,
Princess Celestia"

"So Princess Luna is comin' tomorrow to help us?" Applejack asked. Twilight nodded.

"Who's Luna?" Soren asked. Everyone looked at him; he truly didnt know about the Princess of the Night? The mares exchanged glances. Soren could guess that this Luna character was going to be interesting...

Author's Note:

Sorry if there's a lack of descriptive detail. Tis my first story...ever. If you didn't mind it that much then continue to enjoy the story.