• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,839 Views, 33 Comments

Soren the Alicorn Part 1: New Beginnings - KingNyroc15



A new alicorn arrives in Equestria. How exactly did he get here?

  • ...
57
 33
 1,839

Luna

Tomorrow finally came, and Princess Celestia arrived in Ponyville in her chariot piloted by two royal guards. The guards always wore yellow armor, and all of their coats were either white or grey. Was it magic? Probably, but that isn't important. What is important is what Celestia said when she saw Soren's cutie mark.

"I'm a what?" Soren asked Celestia. Him, both princesses, and his friends were gathered in Twilight's library. Everypony but the princesses were trying to grasp what Celestia just told them.

"You're what's called the Elemental Guardian, my little pony." Celestia said. Her voice was soft and calm like a mother talking to her child. "Your cutie mark is the symbol of the harmony of elements. Those with that mark are called Elemental Guardians, a long lost title that was only used centuries ago. This special kind of pony is destined to protect Equestria and the Elements of Harmony." Soren just stared at her in disbelief

"So...I am special?" Soren looked at Rainbow Dash, who was just as surprised as he was. "But how am I supposed to protect the Elemtents of Harmony? I'm not my actual size. Plus, I don't even know where the Elements are." Celestia smiled at his second question. How much has this poor pony forgotten? Celestia wondered. She gestured to Soren's friends with a hoof. Soren stared dumbfounded at the mares...then it clicked. "You...you all are the Elements of Harmony?" They nodded. "So how am I supposed to protect them?"

"Well, we still need to fix your size. Having the mind of a stallion and the body of a colt cannot be good for anypony. After we do that, I am asking you to train both physically and magically. I think your friends here can help with that." Celestia looked at Twilight and her friends as she said this. They all smiled and nodded. "Luna and I shall stay in Ponyville to oversee your progress for awhile. If you ever need us, just look around town."

"I can't be this special. I'm just a lost pony."

"You are more than that. I'm sure your past holds all of the information to understand this. For now, let those around you help."

"Thank you, Princess Celestia," Soren said. "I'm grateful that you're spending your time just to help me. I promise I won't let you down." With that said, the princesses left for their temporary home in Ponyville over by Sugarcube Corner. Soren looked towards his friends and smiled. "I think I should probably relax for a day or two. What do you girls think?" They all laughed. To relax the day away, they decided to show Soren around town. As the 7 ponies and dragon walked out of the library, Soren was thinking to himself. These mares are I going to be interesting friends, I can already tell.

------------------------
Two Days Later
------------------------

During the few days of relaxation, Soren learned more about Twilight and her friends. He now knows that Twilight is a magical scholar, Rarity is a generous fashionista, Pinkie Pie is the embodiment of laughter and loves parties, Applejack is always honest and is a farmer, Rainbow Dash is a boastful athlete that is loyal, and Fluttershy is very kind (and shy) and takes care of animals.

Over the few days they spent together, Soren and his friends hung out around Ponyville. They encouraged Soren to practice his singing, and in return, the mares were helping him as much as they could with his amnesia. Although all they could tell him was history, Soren still assures them that they are helping. Life was pretty good so far, but some ponies know that the second you let your guard down, something is waiting just around the next corner...

--------------

"Where am I?" Soren asked himself. He looked around at the barren, grey landscape; it seemed familiar.

ZAP!

Soren was sent flying by a bolt of magic. He slammed hard on the rocky ground. Soren groaned as he looked up at his attacker. It was a tall, black alicorn mare. She had monstrous, green-blue, serpent-like eyes and sharp teeth. The mare bent down to be almost eye-level with Soren and simply smiled. Those razor sharp teeth gave Soren a chill down his spine.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before the mare's horn started to glow.

She charged a spell then...

Soren suddenly woke up in the library, panting.

Just a dream, he assured himself. Just a dream.

Soren looked around at the library; it was early in the morning. He was thankful that Twilight was kind enough to let him stay here until everything gets figured out. After regaining his composure, Soren couldn't stop thinking of the dark alicorn. She seemed so familiar. Was that Luna? Couldn't have been Celestia. Or maybe it was their mother? Only one way to find out. Soren stood up and headed into town for some early breakfast.

At around 9 o'clock, Soren was walking through town, lost in thought. Is it me or are certain things shorter now? he thought to himself. He would've ran right into the princesses if they hadn't said his name first. "Hello, Soren," Princess Celestia said. "How are you today?"

Soren quickly looked up at her. "I'm...alright. Had a bit of a nightmare last night." Looking closely at Soren, she could see that he indeed appeared to have a rough night. His green eyes lost a little of their brilliance, and he looked drowsy.

"Oh dear. Do you remember what it was about? Maybe Luna can help erase it from memory if it truly bothers you." Luna walked forward a little. Normally, Soren would be slightly love-struck, but instead he just stared at Luna, studying her. Was it you or your mother? Soren wondered to himself.

"Celestia, if I might ask, did you and Luna have a mother?" Celestia just stared at Soren and slightly chuckled.

"No, my little pony, not a physical mother, at least." Celestia had her eyes closed as she said that sentence, and when she opened her eyes, she was surprised at Soren's horrified expression. Luna leaned down to be more level with Soren (due to his 'still small but growing' size) and studied him. Soren looked into Luna's eyes, and she into his. No, it can't be, Soren told himself. Not her.

Soren screamed and jumped back. A few passing ponies turned towards the loud sound. Soren looked at the random ponies, then at Luna, then panicked and teleported away. The royal sisters just stared at other, Celestia having the more worried expression.

"Sister, does he know about your past?" Celestia asked Luna. Luna looked down, eyes closed, and shook her head. The way Soren became frightened of Luna and when he asked if we had a mother... Celestia thought. Soren doesn't know about Nightmare Moon, so he might think Luna and her are the same pony.

"Luna," Celestia began softly, "I trust you know what you need to do." Luna looked at her and nodded.

Luna gave one last thought before leaving. I saw his eyes...I saw what he was feeling. He didn't want to accept the truth. Her horn shimmered, then the air cracked from her teleportation.

--------------

"Soren, are...are you alright?" Fluttershy asked. She found Soren cowering behind one of her chicken coops, his wings covering the top of his head and his hooves covering his face. Poor thing must be terrified of something, Fluttershy thought. He's shaking.

"Why are you so scared?" she continued. Soren peeked through his wings and looked around with slight panic. He slowly sat straight up, still shaking.

"Luna," Soren whispered. Fluttershy was confused. Why was he scared of Luna? He likes being around her.

"Luna? But she's friendly. Why are you scared of her?" Soren then explained his nightmare to Fluttershy. The landscape, the dark mare, everything. She slowly understood why Soren was so afraid. "So you don't know about Nightmare Moon?" Soren shook his head. "I assumed Twilight would explained it by now. Well...Nightmare Moon was Luna's evil half that tried to cast eternal darkness across Equestria. Princess Celestia banished her to the moon, but she eventually escaped. The girls and I used the Elements of Harmony on her and changed her back to good. Luna's evil half has been gone for quite awhile." Relieved by the new information, Soren seemed to calm down, but not entirely.

"May we try?" a young voice asked. Fluttershy and Soren turned around to see a young, beautiful, blue mare with a light blue mane approach them. Fluttershy was quick to notice who it actually was.

"L-Luna?! You look...younger." Indeed she did; Luna was shorter than her previous self. She no longer had her ethereal mane; just a normal light blue one. Her voice was also softer than before, with a little bit of her accent gone.

"Fret not Fluttershy. We did this on purpose. Might we ask for Soren to come along with us to talk?" Fluttershy looked at Soren, who was blushing at Luna's new form. He slowly nodded and followed Luna.

Soren went from scared to blushing, thought Fluttershy. Hmm...

It was midday by the time Luna and Soren arrived at the hills near Ponyville. These hills were the same place where Soren saw Luna go into the Everfree Forest. For a few minutes, the two alicorns sat there, not saying a word. Luna finally spoke.

"Does thou know of our past? Our sister realizes that your nightmare may have involved it." Soren nodded and explained that Fluttershy told him everything before Luna arrived. "I see. Does thou still think less of us?" Soren truly thought that question was a slap to the face for him.

"Of course I don't." Soren replied sincerely. "I honestly could never think less of you, Luna." Luna gave a small smile at his reply. "I was just scared at the time because I didn't know the truth, but trust me when I say that I don't blame you because of your past." Without either of them noticing, Luna got closer to Soren.

"Thank thee--you. Thank you." Luna was speaking slowly and carefully now. Before Soren could ask about it, Luna began speaking again. "We have been trying to speak more modern Equestrian, as per a suggestion from our sister. How are we doing?" Soren said she was doing fine, except for the slips of "we" or "thou" or things like that. Luna giggled in the way only a mare can. "You are so nice to us, Soren; even nicer than most of our subjects. Why is that?" Should I tell her? Soren thought.

Trying to change the subject, Soren asked, "Umm...I have to first ask: Am i close to normal size yet?" Luna laughed again.

"Of course you are. I made my body the same age as Twilight and her friends, and thou is the same size as me. You're back to normal." Soren smiled at this and looked at his normal sized body, but then realized something.

"You changed your size for me? Why?" Luna was caught in an act. "Why else would you change in size? You can tell me the truth, Luna." Coughing, Luna maintained her composure, if not slightly blushing.

She was going to say something but she looked into Soren's eyes. She saw his feelings again. His eyes speak paragraphs. ...Is he the only stallion confident enough to like a princess? Luna asked herself. Two pair of eyes were staring sincerely at each other. Soren didn't realize how close he got to Luna because the next thing he knew...she gave him a quick kiss. Luna kissed him, she actually kissed him! After the kiss was finished, Luna blushed and spoke.

"W-We should get back to Ponyville."

"But why the--"

"Confidence goes a long way, Soren. We admirer it, to say the least"

Soren could only hug Luna at that point. This is like a new life for me...and it's good. was Soren's only thought before they headed back.

It only took them a few minutes to arrive in the quiet town. As they walked through the town square, Soren and Luna heard a soft, familiar voice.

"Luna, Soren, there you two are." Celestia walked up to them. She saw the happiness on both of their faces. What did she do? "You seem so happy, sister. As do you, Soren. You also don't seem tired or worried anymore. What did you two do together?" Celestia's constant smile seemed to make anypony happy or calm.

"Sister," Luna began, "I'll tell you later. Did you need me for anything?" Celestia was impressed that her sister was speaking normal grammer so easily and was glad that her accent was still there.

"No. But Soren is needed." She turned towards him. "Your friends are looking for you. They say it's important. They are at the library. Better not keep them waiting." Soren nodded, but as he started to leave, Celestia said one more thing. "Oh and by the way, Soren. I'm happy that you're back to normal." Soren smiled and continued towards the library.

When Soren walked inside the library, all six of his friends were waiting there for him. "Soren," Twilight said, "I'm glad you're back." She paused. "Wow. You're very slightly taller than us now. You weren't lying about your age. Anyway, we have good news." Soren walked closer to them. "Mayor Mare is able to give you your own house to live in. She only wants to know what kind of house you want." Soren put a hoof to his chin in thought. A house, huh, he thought. Hmm. Soren stretched out his wings then got a brilliant idea.

"Tell the mayor that she can use those houses for other ponies." The mares all looked at Soren with confused expressions. "I think I'll make myself a cloud house..."

Author's Note:

A few (or many) things:
1) Never judge a story after reading only the first chapters.
2) I know some things are a little far-fetched or random. Just roll with it for now. It will be explained.
3) Constructive criticism is helpful (make sure it's advice and not you just bashing on the story).
4) I am not oblivious to the fact that I don't type a lot of detail; I'm just not good at it. So bear with that at least.
5) Your opinions always matter, but I always prefer opinions that could benefit the story.
That is all.