• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 16,518 Views, 747 Comments

I Wasn't Prepared for This - canonkiller



When a last-minute hug from her assistant interrupts Twilight's coronation, the spell goes horribly wrong.

  • ...
80
 747
 16,518

Deleted Scene 1: Twilight's Speech

Takes place in the middle of chapter IX: Everything is Going to be Fine

The crowd, shocked into silence, muttered and growled, but more and more ponies showed shocked recognition.
"I will not force you to accept her, but there will be responses to acts of violence, as there always have been." Celestia took a step back, letting the six mares take her place. With a flourish, she summoned the Elements and gently placed them around their owners' necks.
Twilight felt nothing short of amazement as Celestia placed her crown on her head.
"Behold, Twilight Sparkle, Princess of the Stars!"

The crowd shuffled, withholding any major reaction. Twilight saw Celestia's expression falter into anger as the neutrality drew on, and she placed a hoof on her mentor's shoulder.

"I can do this myself." Twilight whispered.

Celestia nodded, taking a step back.

"Ponies of Equestria." Twilight shouted over the stunned crowd. "I know you have wanted me out of this place ever since I started my ascension. I know some of you enjoyed that fact that I was dead, if only because I did not rule you."

She cast a glaze over the audience, trying to gauge a reaction.

"The truth is, I didn't think I could do it either. I was just a pony, after all. I never thought I could measure up to what my mentor had done.

"I realize now, standing here, that I was never a regular pony. I was raised by the Crystal Princess, mentored by the Princess of the Sun, and fulfilled the Element of Magic when I saved the Princess of the Moon and Equestria. I defeated and aided in Discord's fall and redemption, and was a key piece in the defeat of the Changelings and the fall of King Sombra."

She stomped a hoof on the balcony, the sound ringing out over the silence.

"And you dare to call me unworthy?!" She summoned a newspaper from her caves, waving it towards the crowd. "You dared to call me 'Celestia's pet'? Who is to be more worthy of leading you than the sixth element?"

She tilted her chin up, glaring at the newsponies below. "I will have you know that I am Twilight Sparkle, Princess of the Stars.

"And I am nobody's pet."

Author's Note:

There's a few of these that didn't fit when I was writing the full story, so I'll be adding them as 'deleted scenes'. I hope you don't mind.